IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 14: The Reverse Harry - Restoring the Angevin Empire

Coconut Flan

4 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

It's interesting that he has labeled the atmosphere at both events "toxic."  It seems he wants to blame other people for not embracing his narrative and keeping him at a distance.

I still marvel that he and Meghan blamed Thomas Markle so heartily for talking to the press and they have gone so much farther than Thomas.  Yet, they felt justified in cutting ties with Thomas and yet feel they are being dreadfully mistreated when they get backlash.  The lack of comprehension is astounding.  

What did he expect when he showed up to both events?    That he called it "toxic" because they didn't agree with his stated version of things when in reality it was a logical consequence and he should have expected it, having been raised in the RF.  He should have known that airing private matters does not go over and he had a good prior example: what happened between his own parents.

Regarding Thomas, yes I find it beyond ironic that they are doing more than he ever did, and yet complain about experiencing the same consequence they meted out to him: being cut off.   

Initially, I had some sympathy for Thomas when he did the pap shots before the wedding, having chalked it up to stress and being overwhelmed with the press attention.   That evaporated once he started giving regular hostile interviews bashing his daughter.  I had no problem with his daughter cutting him off after that.  But the RF responding in kind to H&M doing the same thing to them, yes, I find it astounding that they don't see that and keep on digging.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

16 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

He wants to and actively tries to hurt his family particularly his brother  in all sorts of petty ways.. from stupid veiled jibes about baldness to Dragging his innocent Niece and nephews into his “truth” and vendetta. 

William attacked his brother. Shoved his finger in Meghan's face. Allowed the press to abuse her. There are videos of him insulting Harry and tearing him down.

That doesn't seem to trouble you though.

In contrast, Harry wrote a book. Spoke his truth.

I love how continues to ignore attempts to silence and shame him. Sounds like he even has material for another book, there's certainly a market for it!

16 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

yeah I'm not impressed by harry. I used to have some sympathy but he's burned it up.

He seems to be doing OK anyway.

4 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

As far as we know Eugenie is the only family member he still regularly associates and his old old school friends in The UK seem to have disappeared as well.  They probably make known in not so many words he is a big mouthed drama making black sheep they would rather not have around. 

Or maybe. . . just maybe. . . . he texts and calls friends without letting the press know about it. It's possible he doesn't call the Daily Mail everytime he gets off the phone with a friend. 

Many of his old friends sound racist, so I imagine HE dropped many of them.

Nonetheless, looks like he has a supportive community of friends in CA. I loved the video of him at Ellen's party.

Meghan's dad is messed up. It didn't seem quite so bad at first. But going on talk shows and making statements about it all was nuts.

I'm not sure h &m are worse than him. Maybe equal.

I dunno that we know about Harry's friends and family ties. He's in a time in life where everybody gets married and starts families. I've lost many friends as they got new spouses or kids and turned to other couples things or hanging out with the kids friends' families. 

I don't see any of my cousins on either side more than every few years. I dont communicate with most my aunts and uncles. I have an occasional text with 1 aunt. Some people have families that hang out together a lot and some don't. I'm not sure that what little we know about that actually tells us anything about Harry.

I do hope he's got some positive people around him now and doing therapy.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

By point of comparison, Charles at the approximate same age Harry is now was living in marital hell and rekindling his affair with Camilla and not exactly winning Father of the Year.

These people are adept at hurting each other in so many way that speaking publicly about family dysfunction does not strike me as the Unpardonable Sin.

I suspect I may have a high tolerance for “dissing on families of origin” not because I think it’s ideal or even okay, but because adult parent/child and adult sibling alienation is fairly normative in western families. In most instances it resolves or at least the feelings become less intense.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, noseybutt said:

By point of comparison, Charles at the approximate same age Harry is now was living in marital hell and rekindling his affair with Camilla and not exactly winning Father of the Year.

These people are adept at hurting each other in so many way that speaking publicly about family dysfunction does not strike me as the Unpardonable Sin.

I suspect I may have a high tolerance for “dissing on families of origin” not because I think it’s ideal or even okay, but because adult parent/child and adult sibling alienation is fairly normative in western families. In most instances it resolves or at least the feelings become less intense.

I mean, what's the alternative? Keeping abuse and dysfunction a secret? Who does that help?

Certainly, in the case of SA, it's vitally important to "diss"--in order to protect younger family members at risk of molestation. But there are lots of the good reasons to diss, too

It's a problem here because there is a fantasy surrounding the royal family, and people want to maintain that fantasy. Didn't someone just say that they "knew" the royal family had no alcoholism or depression? How could we know that? And why would it be so terrible if they did have these problems in their family? Lots of people do. But it seems vital, to some, to maintain that fantasy.

Charles, at 38, was an adulterer and a distant father. Harry is neither. He is doing way better than his dad. As for William, we don't know if he is either one of those things.

2 hours ago, noseybutt said:

adult parent/child and adult sibling alienation is fairly normative in western families. In most instances it resolves or at least the feelings become less intense.

Better not hold your breath for that in this case.

24 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Better not hold your breath for that in this case.

The BRF as an institution is straight up grotesque so would rather hold my breath that some of those jewels get returned to their rightful owners and they own up to their role in colonial violence.

In that perspective, personal reconciliation is more likely. 😂

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Charles, at 38, was an adulterer and a distant father. Harry is neither. He is doing way better than his dad. As for William, we don't know if he is either one of those things.

We don‘t know this about William or Harry.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

45 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

We don‘t know this about William or Harry.

We will eventually find out with Harry. He does like to tell where his penis has been…

• Haha 17

I haven't seen the South Park episode about them and their "Worldwide Privacy Tour", but according to the articles Harry and Meghan were not pleased. 

• Haha 12

7 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

And predictably I read they are looking for a way to sue. 

Well, I guess Harry will be in for a lesson or two about the "bonkers" First Amendment

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

He goes after SP and he will learn some lessons   All right. Trey Parker and Matt Stone have been around a very long time know what they are doing. 

• Upvote 7

On 2/19/2023 at 12:38 PM, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Given Harry seems to feel abandoned by his mother (fantasy that she left and would come back one day) I think he brother ignoring him hit extra hard.

I think he must like Doria. She seems warm and loving. She's stayed with them quite a bit. And Harry mostly talked about people he didn't like or was disappointed in (Chelsy. Clearly he hoped somehow she would be able to overcome all and be with him after all). I think if he had anything negative to say about Doria it would have come out in some form.

Plus the last third of the book was so much about tabloids. And Doria's non-exciting life didn't attract tabloids as much. So there's nothing for him to complain about.

But maybe it's just cuz he didn't want to upset Meghan. Who knows.

Having run his whole family through the mud...and the hype dying down - What will he do now???

According to multiple sources, "warm loving" Doria was absent for most of Meghan's life--that includes teachers at the school she attended who never saw her. But, okay... she did sit placidly at the wedding so obviously that makes her an amazing person. 

• Upvote 7

Doria allegedly saw Meghan once or twice a year while Suits was filming.  Supposedly one year they didn't see each other at all.  Whether that was Doria's or Meghan's choice was not said.  Doria did not keep the kids while Harry and Meghan were in the UK for the Queen's funeral as said on many outlets.  She was out and about in LA with no children.   I'm a grandma who keeps her grandkids regularly, but not everyone is like that.  I don't fault Doria for not taking on two young children for a couple of weeks, but it does taint the stories put out with no foundation that she is there for the children all the time.  

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

Well who knows really. There was a fair amount of footage of her in the background during the netflix thing and she seems interested and involved at that point.  Doesn't seem like her dad was seeing her much either in the past and zero now.

I believe Doria was still working a regular full time type job until recently or still is. I'm not sure how many people have the ability to take off a full time job to travel much to see adult children who live in a different country. It seems likely Meghan traveled to LA regularly and could have visited her mom rather than her mom going to her. There's no real way to know.

Doria during meghan's school years -that's like what 20+ years ago? Was she in dad's custody? was it contentious? We don't know the details.

Doria at least didn't make a huge international scene and sell her daughter out to the tabloids---The bar is low but she didn't go under it as far as we know. hahah. 

6 hours ago, TN-peach said:

I haven't seen the South Park episode about them and their "Worldwide Privacy Tour", but according to the articles Harry and Meghan were not pleased. 

What does please M & H??

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

They are happiest being unhappy and as the SP episode said when they are being professional victims. 

Yes, they do seem pretty happy. I'll agree with you there.

17 hours ago, TN-peach said:

Did H&M make a statement to that effect? How do you know? 

12 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Doria allegedly saw Meghan once or twice a year while Suits was filming.  Supposedly one year they didn't see each other at all.  Whether that was Doria's or Meghan's choice was not said.  Doria did not keep the kids while Harry and Meghan were in the UK for the Queen's funeral as said on many outlets.  She was out and about in LA with no children.   I'm a grandma who keeps her grandkids regularly, but not everyone is like that.  I don't fault Doria for not taking on two young children for a couple of weeks, but it does taint the stories put out with no foundation that she is there for the children all the time.  

It's so funny the way we have expectations for grandmas, that they may or may. not want to live up to. Maybe Doria has her own stuff to do. 

If Meghan was in touch with her dad, would people fault Thomas Markle for not babysitting during the funeral? 

No, it's always the woman. Doria, you do as you please! Most likely, the nanny knows the kids' habits and preferences better.

16 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

And predictably I read they are looking for a way to sue. 

If they really planned to sue, why would they tell this to anyone? That would give SP plenty of time to prepare. No, they'd keep quiet till they were ready.

In their other lawsuits, they didn't announce it weeks ahead of time. No, they remained quiet they were ready to file the complaint.

I wonder about this source of this information. H&M haven't made a statement for a long time. Let me guess--it's "a palace source"?

I doubt they care at all. They've had the tabloids hating on them for years, why would this one episode even make it on their radar? 

I actually like the dignified silence they are keeping.

13 hours ago, louisa05 said:

According to multiple sources, "warm loving" Doria was absent for most of Meghan's life--that includes teachers at the school she attended who never saw her. But, okay... she did sit placidly at the wedding so obviously that makes her an amazing person. 

She's a lot like Queen Elizabeth then. Elizabeth left her kids for five months when they were small. I'll bet teachers at Gordonstoun rarely saw her, either. Doria's behavior is very royal!

Harry and Meghan have issued a statement that there will be no lawsuit against South Park producers. They called the rumors "baseless nonsense." Sorry to disappoint! This has been reported by a wide variety of reputable media.

Looks like H&M can take a joke. They are probably flattered--South Park has a long history of roasting celebrities, and Harry and Meghan have now joined this group. It includes a lot of smart and talented people. Here's a list

https://www.vulture.com/2013/02/every-celebrity-ever-mocked-on-south-park-over-16-seasons.html

Edited by Jackie3
  • Haha 1

On 2/19/2023 at 8:04 AM, louisa05 said:

We don't know that they did not involve the kids in the decision. And adult Harry basically hates everything his father ever did or thought about doing or did in his vivid imagination or might possibly but probably not do in the future, so that doesn't mean he actually hated it then. His father wrote him loving notes about how proud he was of him and he hated it. There was clearly no making this kid happy. 

He seems happy now.

I hear you, though--no negative comments about Charles' parenting is allowed!  Only happy things must be written.

Actually, I thought Harry's discussion of Charles was quite even-handed. After all, who told us about those loving notes? You'd have no idea about them, except Harry sharing that info.

Charles, OTOH, is a billionaire who wanted Harry and Meghan to work for free. He complained he "couldn't afford" to pay them for the hospital openings and school visits they were expected to do. 

Edited by Jackie3

On 2/19/2023 at 6:25 AM, Four is Enough said:

Clearly, Jackie 3 has never had a 13 year old boy. The majority of them have no earthly clue which high school they'd like to attend. At least not on the basis of any real merit. 

The food at the cafeteria was the focus of attention for all three of my boys.. Hello! did you attend any classes, or did you just hang out in the cafeteria on the visit days?

On the other hand, my brother and I both decided which high school to attend as did several of our friends. The public school available to us wasn’t really a great option, so we went to private school. Granted our list was short, but we chose which of the private schools to attend. Interestingly, both my brother and I chose a single-sex high school. I think it did a huge amount for our confidence 

3 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

On the other hand, my brother and I both decided which high school to attend as did several of our friends. The public school available to us wasn’t really a great option, so we went to private school. Granted our list was short, but we chose which of the private schools to attend. Interestingly, both my brother and I chose a single-sex high school. I think it did a huge amount for our confidence 

I don't know why Four is Enough thinks teens can't make good choices. I'm not a fan of the helicopter parent who makes all the decisions for their teenagers. Yes, kids need guidance, but their opinions are important! 

7 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I don't know why Four is Enough thinks teens can't make good choices. I'm not a fan of the helicopter parent who makes all the decisions for their teenagers. Yes, kids need guidance, but their opinions are important! 

Never said they couldn't. Said they don't always. My children were in the decision making process for their high schools. All but one got their first choice, and that's because that child wasn't accepted. And people who know me would laugh to think that I was a helicopter parent. 

• Upvote 2

I agree that Eton may not have been the ideal school for Harry. However, if Charles had sent him to a different school, Harry seems to be looking for any possible grievance now, that he might have complained instead that William was special and got to go to special Eton and Harry wasn't special so he had to go somewhere else. 

I think Harry has some legitimate complaints about his family but with the laundry list of them he has presented to the world, makes me think that it wouldn't matter what was done, he was just unhappy about everything. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic