IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 14: The Reverse Harry - Restoring the Angevin Empire

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

Two things have amused me in this whole sorry, sordid mess.  The latest is Harry Thomas Markled his family.  This is rich after how how he treated Thomas.  Does Harry have the minimum self-awareness required to comprehend this?

The first was this Twitter thread which was picked up in our thread:

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Whatever else he may be, Harry is no Henry II, thatʻs for sure.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Whatever else he may be, Harry is no Henry II, thatʻs for sure.

He's pretty glad about that, I think. They were both red-headed, though.

Edited by Jackie3

Some  people are upset with Harry telling his story. These are the same people who click on article after article about him in the British media. Or who write articles about him and his personal life.  It seems it's ok for others to share his "story" but not OK for him to do so.

German media is speculating on whether Harry‘s admission of having killed 25 Taliban will lead to an increased risk for this year‘s Invictus Games in Düsseldorf. 40 million euros have been granted from the Bundeshaushalt (German taxpayers‘ money) for the event but it is unclear whether that will be enough for security.

I don‘t think it is news to the Taliban that Harry fought them. Do you guys think it makes a difference as in „refreshing their memory“? Will they (or sympathising terrorists) feel provoked by him making that public?

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 7

25 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

German media is speculating on whether Harry‘s admission of having killed 25 Taliban will lead to an increased risk for this year‘s Invictus Games in Düsseldorf. 40 million euros have been granted from the Bundeshaushalt (German taxpayers‘ money) for the event but it is unclear whether that will be enough for security.

I don‘t think it is news to the Taliban that Harry fought them. Do you guys think it makes a difference as in „refreshing their memory“? Will they (or sympathising terrorists) feel provoked by him making that public?

Invictus Games was set up by a former soldier for former soldiers. The vast majority of the athletes taking part were injured while they were serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. It's always been a target.

• Upvote 7

26 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

German media is speculating on whether Harry‘s admission of having killed 25 Taliban will lead to an increased risk for this year‘s Invictus Games in Düsseldorf. 40 million euros have been granted from the Bundeshaushalt (German taxpayers‘ money) for the event but it is unclear whether that will be enough.

It's an interesting consideration. I don't know that it would increase the risk much, but it's entirely possible that some lone terrorist could consider it a reason to plan an attack. It doesn't take much, really. The wrong person hears the wrong thing at the wrong time and boom, they are inspired to attack. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, prayawaythefundie said:

I think they don't need much encouragement when it comes to retaliation and so I could see them using this as an excuse. 

• Upvote 8

20 minutes ago, viii said:

I think they don't need much encouragement when it comes to retaliation and so I could see them using this as an excuse. 

I'm baffled as to why it's news that people kill each other during war. This is only a surprise to coddled Americans. Afghani citizen and Taliban members in Afghanistan know that killings occurred, because it occurred before their eyes.

If they want to retaliate against members of the British military, there are many easier targets than Harry, with his 24/hour security. 

Again, we should not push our veterans into silence. Let them speak their truths--as ugly as they are--so they can heal. 

• Downvote 1

I fear It’s going to take something bad happening along the way for Harry to  kick his ass  back down to the real world and it’s going to be ugly. 

• Upvote 3

Meh. Taliban is fairly PR savvy and are going to take advantage of any way possible to score PR points.

I agree with with @rosamundithat Invictus has always been high percentage of Afghan vets and thus always a target. Really, any large scale gathering of vets would be a potential target, I would think.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

I fear It’s going to take something bad happening along the way for Harry to  kick his ass  back down to the real world and it’s going to be ugly. 

I honestly think they're just going to fizzle out eventually. I would say they've lost half their support of the average citizen since 2020 and it's just going to continue decline. They just complain about the same things, tell the same stories in new ways, and eventually the world is going to tune them out and they'll be no more exciting than Spencer and Heidi Pratt. I really don't see any big blow up. The BRF will continue their 'never explain, never complain' route and eventually H&M won't have a dominant audience. 

None of this is very exciting. 

• Upvote 10
  • Eyeroll 1

38 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

I agree that Harry is a messy guy but when you compare him to the rest of the family and his ancestors, he falls kind of mid range and sometimes looks downright healthy. He’s not off starting wars or invading far flung places or chopping off the heads of personal enemies and annoying relatives. He’s not chasing underage girls or grifting by taking dubious loans.

I mean, the standards are so very low.

• Upvote 10

They really aren’t very exciting, except that every time I manage to be even less impressed with them than before.  At this point I think I have more respect for the Kardashians, and I really don’t like them.  
Harry has literally become the tabloids he hates, spewing gossip and toxic garbage about his families personal lives (I did not need to know about Williams penis, thank you very much, and that was not information he needed to share).  So unbelievably trashy. 

I would have been all over a thoughtful critique of the BRF and it’s customs and traditions, but this seems to be a lot of personal mudslinging. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8

24 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

I agree that Harry is a messy guy but when you compare him to the rest of the family and his ancestors, he falls kind of mid range and sometimes looks downright healthy. He’s not off starting wars or invading far flung places or chopping off the heads of personal enemies and annoying relatives. He’s not chasing underage girls or grifting by taking dubious loans.

I mean.. we all had those ancestors if we go far enough back and  it’s no reflection of now. 

But 300 or 500 years ago Harry would have almost certainly been the Prince leading the armies against rebels and natives when not drinking and debauching  and leaving a line of kids from Scotland to London because that’s simply what Young spare Princes did or else entered the church and that ain’t Harry now or ever.  Did not have to be smart or good or care about other people  at all And He would have probably enjoyed his life very much.  

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I think there's a difference in Harry returning to reality and Harry and Meghan fading from general public interest.  If they don't get some new material soon that is their own, yes, they'll continue the decline that they're on.  But that likely won't be enough for Harry to gain clear perspective on actual reality.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

That’s why it’s pretty obvious to me they are trying anything to make W&K respond now. Its like a small child throwing a tantrum really Or an internet troll for that matter. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

55 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

He's also not flying private planes into commercial jets, as Prince Phillip almost did once.

1 hour ago, noseybutt said:

He’s not off starting wars or invading far flung places or chopping off the heads of personal enemies and annoying relatives.

Right but it‘s obviously not his own personal restraint that‘s keeping him from doing that.

• Upvote 4

Nope. It’s just he was born in 1984 instead of 1584 :)  

To me He is just as petty, vengeful and irrational as any of the medieval ancestors but in modern times he has to fake an image and is failing miserably.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, noseybutt said:

He’s not off starting wars or invading far flung places or chopping off the heads of personal enemies and annoying relatives.

To be fair, it's been a while since any of that has happened under the direct instructions of the monarch.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

A 3-year old cried because her dress was too big? Because a 3-year old knows about proper fitting? Because 3 year olds care about looking perfect?

Come on Kate--take ownership of your feelings.

555609059_dresstext.png.4f6cb1add0820661aaaa195812916874.png

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ok, now he & Meghan never accused anyone in the royal family of racism (only the press did) and he also wasn‘t his brother‘s best men (because someone else got to make a speech).

This is so tiresome. For three years they have been trying to shock people with insinuations, knowing full well the assumptions that would be made, only to later go „oh but I actualy never said that“. That‘s not getting the truth out there. It‘s gaslighting.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Ok, now he & Meghan never accused anyone in the royal family of racism (only the press did) and he also wasn‘t his brother‘s best men (because someone else got to make a speech).

This is so tiresome. For three years they have been trying to shock people with insinuations, knowing full well the assumptions that would be made, only to later go „oh but I actualy never said that“. That‘s not getting the truth out there. It‘s gaslighting.

Don't forget that "silence is compliance/agreement."

• Upvote 4

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic