IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 14: The Reverse Harry - Restoring the Angevin Empire

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, Smash! said:

Oh well I have an extendend family member like Harry who plays the victim over things who happened when he was growing up. It’s tragic. In my family members case his parents have apologized for what they did wrong (and as someone said, everyone’s truth is different) and the whole family made concessions to him. Yet he still can’t move on from the victim play and new accusations pop up. It doesn’t help that both his ex and current wife enable his thinking that he got and is still getting wronged by his family (it involves money as well) even objectively this couldn’t be further from what happened. It’s sad but IMO the only way to stay sane is to cut such people out of your life.

You aren't the one who gets to decide when he should move on. He is.

The British media is going out of it's way to distort things.

FnFzpqVXEAAnaUD.jpg.ec4f2eedba53ef62b7b9bbce538dcbee.jpg

Who cares why they repaid the reparations? They didn't have to do it, but they did. 

You don't have to respond to public pressure. Public pressure hasn't stopped Charles, Wills and Kate from being climate hypocrites.

These kids don't look like they are full of the joy of childhood. I hope they are happier at home, but in public they look scared and overwhelmed.

They are deprived of so much. I doubt they are out riding bikes with their friends right now, or enjoying a bounce-house birthday party. They are probably home with their nannies or their parents, in their gilded cage, as their parents complain about Spare.

download-1.jpg.f6c428972cf4d0f60d8e973bd1ea4e4d.jpg

• Move Along 2
  • Eyeroll 1

19 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I do hate to see women attacking other women

Good. Have you considered stopping that yourself then?

Harry & Meghan only paid back the cost for the renovations of Frogmore Cottage because of public pressure after they left. It‘s not like they intended to pay from the beginning and they sure would not have, had they stayed.

George seems to be shy. Doesn‘t mean he‘s generally unhappy. Charlotte looks quite confident for her age.

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 13
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Good. Have you considered stopping that yourself then?

Will you marry me?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

Yeah, because you can determine the overall happiness of a child from one photo. Right.

There are plenty of pictures of them smiling. We can not know how they feel about their childhood from any of those either.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Yeah, because you can determine the overall happiness of a child from one photo. Right.

There are plenty of pictures of them smiling. We can not know how they feel about their childhood from any of those either.

Of course you can't determine anything from one photo. 

If one it were one photo. There's lots of photos of the kids looking nervous or apprehensive. That's why they *seem* overwhelmed and scared in public, to me.

There are also plenty of restrictions on their personal freedom and it's indisputable they've faced the ugliness of the press.

Nothing about their mood has been determined officially though, lol!

None of us know for sure. Of course, we don't know for sure that Meghan is a narcissist/selfish/a golddigger, but that hasn't stopped anyone from saying she is.

On 1/11/2023 at 12:40 PM, Alisamer said:

I didn't buy it, nor do I dislike Harry. 

Quoting myself for reasons, LOL! 

I'd feel sorry for a person who can't understand that expressing concern that a person's mental health isn't healthy does not mean you "hate" them, except I don't think a certain person actually believes that. Trolls gonna troll. 

I really think that in a decade or so Harry's going to look back at all this and probably cringe a little. He comes off worse and worse with every interview it seems. 

Harry. Put down the shovel and quit digging that hole. Sit back, enjoy your family and the book royalties, and let things settle a bit. And find a better therapist. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 5

Harry has now gone too far... he insulted Elvis and Graceland.  Now he has made it personal for this Memphian.  (Of course, like any good Memphian I have never actually been in Graceland just the outside.) Harry made snide remarks about Elvis being "the King" and that the house was called a mansion or castle.  No one has ever called it a castle.  A mansion, yes.  But castle, no.  Yes, the decor is now considered tacky but that was the 70s.  

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TN-peach said:

Harry has now gone too far... he insulted Elvis and Graceland.  Now he has made it personal for this Memphian.  (Of course, like any good Memphian I have never actually been in Graceland just the outside.) Harry made snide remarks about Elvis being "the King" and that the house was called a mansion or castle.  No one has ever called it a castle.  A mansion, yes.  But castle, no.  Yes, the decor is now considered tacky but that was the 70s.  

Those remarks showed how snobby and out of touch Harry is. He looks down his nose at a mansion. Can you imagine how he judges normal houses?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, TN-peach said:

(Of course, like any good Memphian I have never actually been in Graceland just the outside.)

OMG, I hope you have a chance to go sometime. Besides Elvis, of course, Graceland is a SPECTACULAR assemblage of mid-century kitsch. Just truly amazing inside and out. 

While in Memphis for a conference some years ago, I knew there were two places I needed to visit: Graceland and the National Civil Rights Museum, which is in downtown Memphis. I also highly recommend the Museum for anyone of nearly any age, except maybe toddlers. Allow up to a half day to explore it all -- it incorporates the Lorraine Motel where Dr. King was when he was shot as well as the building from which Ray fired the gun. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

He said he thought the Graceland interior designer was on acid.

Given how many drugs Harry claims to have taken he's got a bit of nerve :=)

"Hi I'm Harry, I've been on drugs regularly. Look at me  looking down on people on drugs."

• Haha 16

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

I'd feel sorry for a person who can't understand that expressing concern that a person's mental health isn't healthy does not mean you "hate" them, except I don't think a certain person actually believes that. Trolls gonna troll. 

William assaulted his brother. Assaulted him! I don't hear any concerns about his mental health. Your "concern" about Harry is just a smokescreen. 

25 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I mean, if you compare the interiors of Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle to Graceland... it probably does seem like the interior designer was on acid. 

• Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

23 minutes ago, viii said:

I mean, if you compare the interiors of Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle to Graceland... it probably does seem like the interior designer was on acid. 

I suppose  if the Buckingham Palace is his yardstick of normal decor then I understand why the Ikea was so traumatic

he's been slumming it in dangerously dilapidated surroundings whenever he stepped out of his childhood haunts and tried to live in a normal-ish house

• Haha 13

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Canʻt IMAGINE what he means...

456967243_GracelandInteriors.jpg.af742981d0e6a2f505b598d9a69ad2e4.jpg

ETA: As a child of the mid-century myself, I have to say that the Graceland interiors contained many elements I recognized from much humbler homes -- like the shag furniture & carpets and the use of mirrors as decor. Itʻs just that at Graceland they were amplified beyond belief.

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

OMG, I hope you have a chance to go sometime. Besides Elvis, of course, Graceland is a SPECTACULAR assemblage of mid-century kitsch. Just truly amazing inside and out. 

I love how interiour design is such a display of the general vibe of the era it was the high of fashion. I would love to visit it one day, but it won't likely happen

50 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I suppose  if the Buckingham Palace is his yardstick of normal decor then I understand why the Ikea was so traumatic

he's been slumming it in dangerously dilapidated surroundings whenever he stepped out of his childhood haunts and tried to live in a normal-ish house

Me thinks dear Harry has an entitlement problem on top of his family feud.
And since he now gave us his entitled opinion on Graceland and the design of the mansion, how he can give us a tour of his Montecito home and we can decide if the interiour designer was on acid at his home?

5 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Canʻt IMAGINE what he means...

456967243_GracelandInteriors.jpg.af742981d0e6a2f505b598d9a69ad2e4.jpg

OMG, I'm a sucker for colored glass. The peacook glas may be considered tacky now, but damn is that gorgeous.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10

The Civil Rights Museum is amazing.  It is something everyone should see and experience.  It is very well done and thought provoking. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

OMG, I'm a sucker for colored glass. The peacook glas may be considered tacky now, but damn is that gorgeous.

Just for you, a couple more interior shots + one of Elvisʻ grave in whatʻs called the Meditation Garden:

1755573954_LivingRoomMantle.jpeg.4a0ad4de20146d12b8e5b96e3a7e553f.jpeg

Spoiler

508184433_PoolRoom.jpeg.6c26d539d2bc9bf17e0c58a102b0f60e.jpeg

1522920043_ElvisGrave.jpeg.f1c2d3183570c47d92be9d72d4324898.jpeg

• Thank You 3
  • Love 1

I did not know until this weekend that Lisa Marie and Sarah, Duchess of York were friends. Fergie spoke on Sunday at memorial service.  Her comments were very nice and actually made me tear up. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, klein_roeschen said:

And since he now gave us his entitled opinion on Graceland and the design of the mansion, how he can give us a tour of his Montecito home and we can decide if the interiour designer was on acid at his home?

We've seen a little bit of inside their home and it's on trend - mostly white and neutrals. 

• Upvote 2

I’d rather live in house with peacock windows and fluffy carpet than an a vanilla  magazine  perfect home but to each their own. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Mmm not going to lie, I love the white look. I just find it so clean and appealing. Plus, you can accent with any colour and then when you get sick of it, it's cheaper to accent with a different colour than re-do an entire room. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

They aren't even doing accent colors.  It's all that white, vanilla, beige, bland thing that you live spraying Scotchguard or or someone cleans constantly with children or the children aren't allowed to be children.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 4

2 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

They aren't even doing accent colors.  It's all that white, vanilla, beige, bland thing that you live spraying Scotchguard or or someone cleans constantly with children or the children aren't allowed to be children.

I love it. My house is mostly white, cream, and blush. I don't have children though, which makes a huge difference. 

• Upvote 2

I love that ceiling lamp, not with those wallpapers though.

but it seems like something one could find in a pizzeria

kuva.png.e5ea0630c5649e1cc3792dbb30f9507a.png

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic