IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 12: Prodigal Prince, Immature, Paranoid, Whiner, or Fully Justified?

Coconut Flan

I think it’s hilarious.

I’m trying to think what one word title I would pick for a never-to-be-written autobiography. PITA is four words so I’m stumped.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

Are y'all still reading this Palace Papers book?  The action I am catching as Harry and Meghan catapult towards each other is like runaway astroids on a path of explosion.  Wowza!

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, viii said:

A small level podcast, sure, but Meghan's is a bit different. Not only is a podcast, but it's also video that they record and whatnot. It's a higher production, judging from the price tag, so I'm not surprised they've taken some time before they've released them. Plus, perhaps they always planned on a fall 2022 launch but had to record in the spring/summer whenever the other person Meghan is interviewing was available. 

There's far too many unknown variables here for people to just assume it's lazy, slacking work. 

Sorry to disagree again, but most channels that produce podcasts that also have a YT channel put the podcast out with a video. So you can watch it on both on both platforms (I just watched several episodes of a podcast with video which was basically two people sitting together and talking about every episode of Rings of Power for 2,5h each on YT…..that’s longer than the actual episode because there was so incredibly much background information about Tolkiens work, Orientalism, screenwriting….). Lots of people half her age manage that with guests, all while all being parents, or full time studying or working. And you don’t necessarily see a difference in production quality. It’s crazy easy to make high quality looking content with freeware and some effort. And it’s not as if M is editing herself - that’s the paying job of someone else I assume.

Looking at her guests I do get though that getting them together in a room might have been a big factor. Those people probably don’t wait just to clear their calendar for something like that.  So my assumption is that they signed with Spotify, then came up with ideas, then started calling potential guests? And then had to wait till all filming was scheduled to be sure when the content was going to be finished. All fair and well, but in that case they could have easily told everyone and Spotify it would take a bit because of scheduling issues (probably delayed through COVID).

Her podcast is definitely better than expected after their initial Christmas episode.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 1

On 10/30/2022 at 10:38 AM, viii said:

Given Harry’s history of making up stories and twisting the truth, they’re probably more worried about that than anything that has actually happened. 

They are afraid that H&M will tell lies about them? Fair enough. But they could tell lies right now, they don't need to put out a book to do so. 

I think if the RF had treated H&M fairly and respectful, they would not be afraid right now. They'd be confident and secure. The fact they are quaking in their boots tells me that they did something to be ashamed of.

H&M shouldn't have to remain silent about bad treatment. 

BTW, the royal family has told their own share of lies as well. 

• Downvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

Are y'all still reading this Palace Papers book?  The action I am catching as Harry and Meghan catapult towards each other is like runaway astroids on a path of explosion.  Wowza!

Just started it last night. With a big box of salt by my side. LOL. Interesting reading. I thought we were a snarky bunch here on FJ. Tina Brown's photo is next to the very definition of the word in the dictionary. 😏

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/1/2022 at 6:55 PM, KnittingOwl said:

Harry talked about Lilibet taking her first steps back in April, didn’t he?

ETA: Here we go, at Invictus on April 19

It just took Meghan this long to notice because she doesn’t see that much of her kids. 😉

ETA:  I was just being snarky.  I think this podcast may have been recorded months ago. 

Edited by EmCatlyn
  • Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, Loveday said:

Tina Brown's photo is next to the very definition of the word in the dictionary. 😏

Yep. As I said, I was predisposed to dislike the book because of her but itʻs pretty good for what it is. When it comes to actual biographies of the BRF, itʻs a very mixed bag of work and thereʻs quite a range.

Take several recent biographies of the Queen Mother: Probably the cattiest biographer is Lady Colin Campbell whose bio is dripping with acid -- Lady Campbell clearly did NOT like her subject! Then there is the bio by Hugo Vickers which came out soon after her death. I quite enjoyed that one -- heʻs a very sprightly writer. Her official bio, by Wiliam Shawcross, is interesting but not as much fun to read as Vickersʻ book.

• Thank You 3

On 11/2/2022 at 9:32 AM, viii said:

I know despising everything Meghan does is the status quo here but I think anybody with common sense will realize Meghan's podcasts were not recorded, edited, and released all in the same day. Everyone with professional work such as podcasts records in advance so yes, I think it's safe to say that this particular episode was recorded back in April when Harry first mentioned Lilibet walking. 

Lilibet was born June 4, 2021. Invictus was in mid-April, 2022 when she was about 10 1/2 months old. In the podcast, Meghan says she is “a year and a couple of months” (because apparently saying 14 months would be too normal???).  That would indicate the episode was recorded in August. 
So, no, it wasn’t at the same time and, as usual, they’re telling different stories. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, viii said:

I’ll take your word for it. I don’t listen to her podcast. 

Funny that so many people who dislike her do. 

I didn’t listen. I just read an article and the posts here. I can also use google and do simple math. So then it became obvious that they told two different stories. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Lilibet was born June 4, 2021. Invictus was in mid-April, 2022 when she was about 10 1/2 months old. In the podcast, Meghan says she is “a year and a couple of months” (because apparently saying 14 months would be too normal???).  That would indicate the episode was recorded in August. 
So, no, it wasn’t at the same time and, as usual, they’re telling different stories. 

Playing devil’s advocate with Lili walking. They could both be saying the truth. Lili could’ve been pulling herself along furniture and 10.5 months but not start toddling until a few months later. 

(I doubt it because this is H&M but it’s possible)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, viii said:

Funny that so many people who dislike her do. 

That is fascinating to me as well but I‘m thankful for it because it means I will be informed without having to listen. Maybe I don‘t dislike her enough, I simply don‘t care. She is only interesting when mentioning the royals and I think she knows it.

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

Evidently She has nothing of interest, insight, originality to offer or say. She relies on rep as being the controversial/wronged DoS to keep her in the limelight 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

She has nothing of interest to offer or say without using the Royal family. 

Truth. She was a relatively unknown,  mediocre-at-best actor before her relationship with Harry. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Truth. She was a relatively unknown,  mediocre-at-best actor before her relationship with Harry. 

Yes and that does not make me dislike her. I‘m boring and nobody knows me. I married a totally unknown guy. It‘s not the worst way to live really. Your friends do care about you (and I might about Meghan if I met her) but the world does not.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Yes and that does not make me dislike her. I‘m boring and nobody knows me. I married a totally unknown guy. It‘s not the worst way to live really. Your friends do care about you (and I might about Meghan if I met her) but the world does not.

She can’t really accept that the whole world does not find her as special as Daddy told her she is.  If she had become a suburban housewife, she’d be talking about her soap letter at the PTA  as a reason they should have elected her president. Or she’d be like my sister-in-law going on about how she was important in high school; she was the homecoming queen, don’t you know? And why isn’t the rest of life like that? It’s so disappointing. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I didn’t listen. I just read an article and the posts here. I can also use google and do simple math. So then it became obvious that they told two different stories. 

I didn’t mention you. Interesting that you thought I did, though. 

10 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

I simply don‘t care. She is only interesting when mentioning the royals and I think she knows it.

This is where I’m at. I just don’t care enough about her to love or hate. I’m indifferent. I didn’t care about her pre-Harry and I likely won’t care about her post-Harry. The only time I pay attention is when the royal family is involved. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Not that I've heard recently.  The ear hears what it wants to hear?

• Upvote 1

On 11/3/2022 at 5:03 AM, just_ordinary said:

(I just watched several episodes of a podcast with video which was basically two people sitting together and talking about every episode of Rings of Power for 2,5h each on YT…..that’s longer than the actual episode because there was so incredibly much background information about Tolkiens work, Orientalism, screenwriting….)

Quoted (& upvoted) because that sounds super interesting. What's the podcast called

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

Did California girl actually say "mummy"???? Okay, then. 

People Mag quotes her saying "mommy". Idk if geotv changed it for their intended audience or what. 

https://people.com/royals/meghan-markle-mom-doria-ragland-surprise-cameo-archetypes-podcast-hey-mommy/

I also don't know why this of all things brought me out of lurkdome.

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Playing devil’s advocate with Lili walking. They could both be saying the truth. Lili could’ve been pulling herself along furniture and 10.5 months but not start toddling until a few months later. 

(I doubt it because this is H&M but it’s possible)

This is actually interesting when you hear different people talk about the ages their kids started doing any big milestone.  A group of Parents will talk together and think their child is “behind” or “ahead” of their friends children because one of you defines “walking” as cruising the furniture, another as taking a few independent steps and a third as when the baby is walking entirely, and not crawling anymore. Same with talking. Is your baby precocious because they say Mama meaningfully at 8 months? Or behind because they aren’t primarily speaking intelligibly to communicate at almost 2? When is your child “talking”?  

In any case, I think the podcast in question was recorded in the summer, when her friend was visiting, and they discussed their kids.  Also I might say a year and a couple months if I didn’t recall precisely if my 1 year old was 13 months and a few weeks, turned 15 months a couple days before, etc —- especially if I knew there were a ton of people ready to harp on my terrible mothering skills if I was off by a week. 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, louisa05 said:

She can’t really accept that the whole world does not find her as special as Daddy told her she is.  If she had become a suburban housewife, she’d be talking about her soap letter at the PTA  as a reason they should have elected her president. Or she’d be like my sister-in-law going on about how she was important in high school; she was the homecoming queen, don’t you know? And why isn’t the rest of life like that? It’s so disappointing. 

Honestly, I find it pretty amazing that she cannot cope with the idea of not being super duper special on a worldwide scale.  Sure, there's plenty of people who want to be special but usually on a smaller, local scale such as the PTA president or homecoming queen examples above.  But her need for worldwide adoration just seems to be off the charts and that the world should adore her because she is well, her.   Real world don't work that way. 

She does have her own remarkable achievements.   Even becoming a relatively unknown actress took a lot of work.   I see her as someone who could have achieved much within the BRF if only she had been more patient, put in the necessary time and work, plus IIRC the Queen awarded her a patronage of the National Theatre, something that seemed to align with Meghan's talents / interests.  Imagine what she could have done with that in time and other things as well.   She could have achieved some worldwide acclaim had she kept up with it but the compromises and the tradeoffs were too much.  

• Upvote 14

She could have probably accomplished a great deal more substantive and long-term change being a working royal.  She started off great with the cookbook for the fire victims and the capsule wardrobe was a good idea if with an iffy implementation, but she could have continued finding worthy projects.  She didn't get the instant acclaim and looking after that she craves though.  She was right in recognizing she wasn't ever going to get what she wanted there.  The problem is outside of mommy I'm not sure she's ever going to get what she's apparently been seeking.  Perhaps she should have found a place to settle for half a cup?

• Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic