IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 12: Prodigal Prince, Immature, Paranoid, Whiner, or Fully Justified?

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, viii said:

I’d probably say more photoshop than surgery. 

That would be my guess since most things like plastic surgery and routine cancer screenings were postponed due to the pandemic.

5 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

From Tom Bower’s book “Revenge”:

One request regarding a photograph of her sitting down with open sandals generated particular mirth: ‘Please fix my feet for me – I get slaughtered online for [sic] people picking apart my feet, sadly. There’s a scar on my left foot + my right foot isn’t the prettiest (long toe etc) – if you can soften that so that it doesn’t distract from the shot that would be amazing. Silly I know. But trust me…’

Meghan’s two recent interviews included a lot of photos of her normal-looking feet. I wonder if she spent some time and money on plastic surgery on her feet during the pandemic.

The shopping in Montecito in a hideous jumpsuit photos were her regular feet. Variety photoshopped for her. 

• Thank You 1

On 10/28/2022 at 7:48 AM, louisa05 said:

Titles are usually agreed on by author and editor. He could have said no to that one. Authors also have a ton of input into covers. If my friends publishing small printings of niche novels do, you can bet this overpaid clown did. The publisher has input but H still could have said no to both. 

It probably depends on the circumstances, the publisher and a lot of other things.  I have heard/read different stories about authorial input/lack of input.

My point was that Harry didn’t choose the title.  He may have agreed to it, but that is not the same.

FWIW, I think it is a clever title. It does not necessarily represent what Harry sees himself as. You could argue that it reflects what many people (beginning with the press) saw him as. (I remember the “heir and the spare” comments after he was born.)  It is an attention-getting title in the style, brief and inviting interpretation.

The book is probably not going to be as concise. 😉

• Upvote 2

On 10/28/2022 at 10:22 AM, AmazonGrace said:

I do hope the title wasn't his own idea. He's almost forty and if he still defined himself as "too bad I'm not my brother" he'd never be able to stop.

The title doesn’t necessarily imply he still defines himself that way.  A book about a person who lost a lot of weight and has moved away from his old (negative) identity could still be called Fatso. 😉 

I think the title was meant to be provocative.  I suspect the book will not be.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Imagine a book with that title being really boring in the end. 😄 People getting their hopes up for some juicy secrets being spilled and the BRF being nervous and having their lawyers on standby for nothing. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Imagine a book with that title being really boring in the end. 😄 People getting their hopes up for some juicy secrets being spilled and the BRF being nervous and having their lawyers on standby for nothing. 

The thing is, what are they nervous about? What has actually happened that they are so afraid of? 

• Move Along 4

2 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

The thing is, what are they nervous about? What has actually happened that they are so afraid of? 

Given Harry’s history of making up stories and twisting the truth, they’re probably more worried about that than anything that has actually happened. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

A lie can be halfway around the world before the truth has its shoes on Esp when the lied about won’t or can’t say a got damn thing to defend themselves. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

With Harry‘s track record lies are a possibility but apart from that, I believe that everyone in the world has family issues that they would want to remain private.

You don‘t need to be a serial killer to not want everything you have ever said and done in a family setting out in public. I have way less complicated family dynamics than the Windsors do and still would not love to have my brother publish a book about it. Thankfully, my brother is loyal and can be trusted.

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 17

5 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

With Harry‘s track record lies are a possibility but apart from that, I believe that everyone in the world has family issues that they would want to remain private.

You don‘t need to be a serial killer to not want everything you have ever said and done in a family setting out in public. I have way less complicated family dynamics than the Windsors do and still would not love to have my brother publish a book about it. Thankfully, my brother is loyal and can be trusted.

Completely agree.  Even if he doesn’t tell any lies, any revelations about his life (or feelings) that show something about other people’s lives might intrude on the privacy of others.

I was once told a secret and made to promise not to tell anyone.  I kept my word. When the person who had asked me to keep the secret decided to tell her parents, she also told them I had known the secret all along.  They got very angry at me for not having told them the secret because “they had a right to know.”  They forgave their daughter, but until they died they looked at me as “a little sneaky” because I had kept their daughter’s secret from them.

A memoir lends itself to lots of instances like this.

• Upvote 7

@EmCatlyn I‘ve been in a situation very much like yours, keeping a sibling‘s secret from our dad for years. It‘s out now (by the sibling‘s choice) and my dad still resents me for knowing and not telling. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

https://www.geo.tv/latest/449877-meghan-markle-shares-big-news-about-lilibet

Rufus help us with being dramatic about most mothers' mornings and a child walking on the late side of average.  I know they're her special bundles, but get a grip.  

Harry talked about Lilibet taking her first steps back in April, didn’t he?

ETA: Here we go, at Invictus on April 19

Edited by KnittingOwl
Added link
  • Upvote 3

Oh my even worse then dragging it up so much later or were Meghan's episodes recorded months ago and are only now being released?

• Upvote 3

OMG. One walked at 13 months, but talked at about 9.

Two walked at about 9 months but didn't really talk till about 2 years.

THEY'RE ALL DIFFERENT, MEGHAN!

• Upvote 2

I know despising everything Meghan does is the status quo here but I think anybody with common sense will realize Meghan's podcasts were not recorded, edited, and released all in the same day. Everyone with professional work such as podcasts records in advance so yes, I think it's safe to say that this particular episode was recorded back in April when Harry first mentioned Lilibet walking. 

• Upvote 5

I knew they were done in advance, but I really hadn't expected a six month delay.  That is long.

• Upvote 4

Is it? That seems relatively short to me. I mean, in the publishing world, after you sign your contract your book isn't published for typically two years. Six months doesn't seem that big of a deal to me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Confused 1

I think it’s because a podcast can be released very quickly.  Many people/channels earning money with it have a new one every week - that’s very different from one book or movie. It can very well be that it took a long time to produce but that’s not a requirement and is not a necessity for quality. You get extremely well researched, relevant and interesting podcasts from a channel in much quicker timeframes. Six months isn’t crazy long though. But if you look at when they signed the contract to when they must have started seriously producing….. that’s telling.

• Upvote 5

So are you guys just criticizing the delay? Because it’s normal to talk about one‘s little kids here and there. Every mom does it. 

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, viii said:

Is it? That seems relatively short to me. I mean, in the publishing world, after you sign your contract your book isn't published for typically two years. Six months doesn't seem that big of a deal to me. 

Most podcasts are edited and released within weeks of recording and not months. Personally, if I were MM, I would have just edited that part about Lili out and avoided all the scrutiny since Harry talked about it 6 months ago, but what do I know?

• Upvote 1

A small level podcast, sure, but Meghan's is a bit different. Not only is a podcast, but it's also video that they record and whatnot. It's a higher production, judging from the price tag, so I'm not surprised they've taken some time before they've released them. Plus, perhaps they always planned on a fall 2022 launch but had to record in the spring/summer whenever the other person Meghan is interviewing was available. 

There's far too many unknown variables here for people to just assume it's lazy, slacking work. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I said nothing about lazy slacking work.  

I am surprised it took six months when I'm used to a few weeks for pod casts.  If it's going to be that long then take out things of a time sensitive nature like when the baby walked.  That's all I'm saying.  

Yes, books take years, but most pod casts would be far out of date if they took that long from recording to release. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic