IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 12: Prodigal Prince, Immature, Paranoid, Whiner, or Fully Justified?

Coconut Flan

Oh.  Okay, thanks, that is more reasonable.  Because his hair definitely didn't come back.  I was surprised when I first saw the bald spot on the back of his head, but it's very visible now.  I will go look for the Sussex Squad.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

I will go look for the Sussex Squad.

Don't - they're scary. They make @Jackie3 look reasonable. 

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Why are people so sensitive about men losing hair anyway? Both William and Harry are balding. So? I find a new tiny white hair on my otherwise hazel head every other day. We all age. Why can‘t we accept it and still be fabulous?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I found the site, but didn't accept their cookies; it didn't look like some place I wanted to be.  I don't know why men are sensitive.  I do know that when I was told I would be going on chemo, the first question I asked was if I would lose my hair.  I know why I did, I am an introvert and want to blend in with everybody else.  A bald head would attract attention, even if it was casual; I would be different.  Luckily, my chemo wasn't the type to take all my hair, just some of it and it has come back.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 4

I'm being very snarky but that's a weird pant suit thing M is wearing. The front seam zipper? Whatever it is goes from.neck to crotch and my eyes just followed it right down trying to figure it out.

Then I noticed the cut of the trousers or her stance or something makes it look like she has an aerial harness on. They way some costumes in movies pull weirdly when they airbrush out the wires.

And lastly, they look like the kind of serious but gonna save democracy pictures that USA politicians like to put out.

Oh and ps. Yeah why are you posting portraits of yourself? It's so weird.

I want them back in England. More entertaining and dramatic. Charles and will are missing out big time. Harry and Meghan can be the eye catching sideshow that makes Charles and William appear happily normal and acceptable royal family. 

Without Andrew and Fergie who will draw that crazy attention? 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

Flamboyant Crazy attention getting royals only ever come to a bad end and bring out the worst in their families and  Enough of  them can bring down a monarchy. Staid and respectable and domestic is the way to keep your family on the throne. 

• Upvote 2

I'm here for the melodrama to be honest. Charles and Will do nothing for my guilty pleasure.

I actually kind of like Charles. I would love to see his garden at high Grove and learn more about the eco friendly projects he got to create on his own for the love it (not to make money/market/political reasons etc etc).

I'd like to see Harry be properly successful outside of the royal.family and tell them to suck it.

But that's not happening so I would like them to go back to England to better assist monitoring the drama. 

Will.Kate start wearing brooches that could be interpreted as anti-Meghan? Will Meghan's hat be in Kate's least favorite color!?

Oh my! 

If they're in California it's just generic celebrity wah wah and it's very dull.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

Yeah, that’s what I don’t get. 

An episode each discussing classical female archetypes (ie, mother, goddess, crone, maiden, etc) would be incredibly interesting. How does that play into the perception of women in society and the stereotypes that follow?  But she’s just starting with the stereotypes part. Not that those don’t need exploring, but there’s a lot of other people (some with a lot more authority) already doing that. 

There are a lot of people who confuse archetypes and stereotypes, so it would not be surprising that Meghan does also except that she actually used the word “archetype” for the name of her podcast (and wanted to trademark it, I believe).  You’d think someone would have given her the correct definition and explained the difference?

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Will.Kate start wearing brooches that could be interpreted as anti-Meghan? Will Meghan's hat be in Kate's least favorite color!?

I would read a book with that as a premise. Or two fictional characters not at all based on Meghan and Catherine. ;)

19 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

You’d think someone would have given her the correct definition and explained the difference?

For all we know, someone did explain the difference to her and got yelled at or fired for their efforts. From the sounds of the stories from the UK staff, I’m not sure I would volunteer for that job. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

17 hours ago, viii said:

Don't - they're scary. They make @Jackie3 look reasonable. 

They regularly post death wishes and sometimes threats against the rest of the BRF especially William & Kate’s children. And one of them sells “saint” candles with Meghan and Harry’s faces. They’re deranged. 

• WTF 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

It's really weird. I don't understand how someone can so rabidly defend a celebrity - whether it's Meghan, Kate, Taylor Swift, etc. It's all so weird to me. I just couldn't be bothered. Whose got the time?!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

On 10/5/2022 at 11:08 AM, viii said:

It's really weird. I don't understand how someone can so rabidly defend a celebrity - whether it's Meghan, Kate, Taylor Swift, etc. It's all so weird to me. I just couldn't be bothered. Whose got the time?!

This! People are scary sometimes. I enjoy some gossipy "celebrity" snarkiness as a end of day/ insomnia distraction. They're forgettable people who for the most part don't seem to do anything more for/against the world than the average nonfamous person

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Mostly this story is about the Crown but Deadline says there may be delays to Netflix Me-rry documentary

Additionally, Netflix must decide exactly when to drop its much-hyped documentary detailing the Montecito lives of Harry and Meghan. While the Times reported this week that the streamer is keen for the title to land in December on the back of The Crown, the Duke and Duchess are reported to be requesting changes and late edits – even possibly a postponed release until next year – to the piece directed by the award-winning Liz Garbus, no doubt in light of their recent attendance in the UK at the funeral of the Duke’s grandmother, Queen Elizabeth.

On top of this, the filmmakers are reported to be “confused” by remarks made by Prince Harry on camera being inconsistent with what he has written in his soon-to-be-published memoir – due out this autumn, but also seemingly delayed for now.

https://deadline.com/2022/10/netflix-the-crown-season-5-documentary-prince-harry-meghan-markle-memoir-launch-date-1235145863/

• Upvote 1

On 10/4/2022 at 7:03 PM, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I want them back in England. More entertaining and dramatic. Charles and will are missing out big time. Harry and Meghan can be the eye catching sideshow that makes Charles and William appear happily normal and acceptable royal family. 

Lots of people share your view, and so does the British media, who made a lot of money criticizing H&M,. So course they want them back. I can't blame Harry and Meghan for opting out, though. 

I wonder if it's true that the Palace is trying to lure them back? I don't think that's likely to happen, though.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/4/2022 at 8:25 PM, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

If they're in California it's just generic celebrity wah wah and it's very dull.

I think H&M left for exactly that reason. They dont' want the drama. Honestly, who would want to be the focus of all that?

• Downvote 4

On 10/4/2022 at 10:45 PM, EmCatlyn said:

There are a lot of people who confuse archetypes and stereotypes, so it would not be surprising that Meghan does also except that she actually used the word “archetype” for the name of her podcast (and wanted to trademark it, I believe).  You’d think someone would have given her the correct definition and explained the difference?

I think she's doing fine using "Archetypes."  She's had phenomenal success with it, just as it is.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 1
  • Downvote 3

On 10/1/2022 at 3:46 AM, prayawaythefundie said:

According to polls pretty much nobody in the UK wants to see Harry anywhere. Meanwhile Charles‘s approval ratings have gone up quite a bit. 

But they want him as a scapegoat. Look at the press they get. Far more than Charles.

The British press is really hurting now that they have no one to criticize.  If M&H had shown up for a hospital opening, there could be articles on her dress, her facial expressions, whether they held hands, how Wills felt about it, his speech, the crowds reaction, etc. This would interest readers and make the media far more money than they'd get for an article about Camilla or Charles.

OTOH, I can see why Meghan and Harry would choose not be to a scapegoat for the British press.

• Move Along 3
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I think H&M left for exactly that reason. They dont' want the drama. Honestly, who would want to be the focus of all that?

Yeah, that‘s why they talked to Oprah… to avoid drama. 😆

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 6
  • Love 2

I don’t think contradicting themselves is the only problem here. I think they are rushing to crush any more content that slags off KCIII or Camilla. The facts that it’s still unclear if their children are in fact P/P (and there are very good arguments why they might not have gotten the title automatically) and that there are already concerns about Charles‘ health were wake up calls. At the moment they still need the royal connections but H must know that the whole machinery is now circling around Charles. And Charles is devoted to Camilla. If they push him too much they will find themselves on the far outside quicker than they could blink. And there is Wiliam. He is the heir apparent now. And with his father aged he could be King much quicker than expected. If I were H&M I would never talk about the RF ever again apart from „we love our relatives and wish then all the best“. Because Wiliam might have less problems to make uncomfortable decisions. And allegedly he hates nothing more than leaks (that he hasn’t authorised himself obviously).
If I had to bet money, I think no P/P, the HRH will actually go at one point and only seats in the back from now on. H might have moved up a spot but it’s irrelevant. The spotlight will be on the Cambridges even more from now on. Let’s see if they can play their cards right.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

Charles loves his wife dearly  and she has and still does put up with all the  toxic illogical unreasoning nastiness from a vocal minority which Charles can’t do anything about.  To have his own son potentially be participating in that ugliness has got to be both enraging and heart breaking for the man Esp. as Harry knows very well she has done nothing but good for the family and how happy she has made Charles.

With William at his side and his own wife upset, insulted and drug into this Harry’s granny pampered wheedling ass is in for a real surprise if the big guys have their way. 

• Upvote 2

If there was truth in the story of Harry declaring "What Meghan wants, Meghan gets," Harry might take a moment to reflect Charles and William might have a similar attitude toward their own wives.  

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

Do we have any evidence / reliable sources for the assumption that Harry (still) despises Camilla enough to trash her in his book or is that another tabloid story run wild? Genuine question because I feel it started with a tabloid warning about the possible contents of his book and is now just widely accepted.

Wouldn‘t Harry have seen Camilla‘s positive influence since the early to mid 2000s? And wouldn‘t he have to cut his father some slack about his first marriage, now that he himself has experienced the feeling of being trapped in the institution?

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

@prayawaythefundie good point. He might not mention Camilla at all. She is the last one though from the higher ups they haven’t attacked. Charles, William and Kate all have gotten some lines. 
I would understand if he is still bothered by Camilla‘s presence even though he might feel she is a nice person. His mother was hurt by the affair. And being a cheat is not exactly a praise of character (even tough it is extremely common). Having a parent re-marry can also be painful even if you wish them a new relationship. H doesn’t strike me as someone that has a healthy relationship to what happened in the past. Camilla might be a constant reminder. But that’s just speculation. He might be mature about it and happy his father is happy and maybe even like her. I will say, slagging HER off about the past world be quite some slut shaming in my opinion and I don’t think they are stupid enough for this.

Thing is- those four people have another wall of protection nowadays since they moved up the ranks. So if he included Camilla he might realise this will not go down as it would have 3 months ago.

I do wonder though how Charles would react. Because it’s all fair and well to show your child some limits but you also don’t want them to feel pushed back on the love scale by a new partner. And while that sounds childish, in my experience those emotions come up even with adults.

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic