IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 12: Prodigal Prince, Immature, Paranoid, Whiner, or Fully Justified?

Coconut Flan

On 9/28/2022 at 1:50 PM, hoipolloi said:

Will they be actually reigning? Thatʻs the question. 

I do think the world has changed a lot in the last 50 years or so. People are less willing to accept the idea that a group of people are entitled to privileges and money, simply because of their birth. 

I also think there will be further scandals. Young royals -- at least in England-- are raised in a way that practically guarantees poor character. Look at Charles or Andrew. From birth, they have seen the adults around them bowing and scraping to their parents. As they entered the world, they received special privileges they did not earn or deserve.

Anne was the only girl at Benenden to get a room with an ensuite. Why? Because of who she was. Charles and Edward were both Head Boy at Gordonstoun? Why? Because of their birth, most likely. Edward's A-levels were horrible (1 C- and two Ds) but he still got into Cambridge. In young adulthood, with fewer adults controlling them, the royals are able to gratify all their wishes with very little effort.

All of this creates a terrible sense of entitlement, which naturally leads to things like adultery, mediocrity and in some cases, criminal behavior.

People may have tolerated this in the past, but it seems the. mood has changed. I'd be surprised if there's a monarchy at all in 20-30 years, cute kids or not.

7 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

I mean let’s be real: in his wild party days you don’t think he slipped granny into a G string once or twice? 

I'll bet both Harry and William used Granny Bucks in unsavory ways when they were young. 

Or their staff did, on their behalf, since I thought royals don't carry money.

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1

Here is a slightly different take on why  Meghan made a mistake to leave  the RF when she did. According to this author, if Meghan really wanted to stand up for women’s rights, working with Camilla, Kate and Sophie right now would be the most effective way.  The RF, the author thinks, is about to be revolutionized by the strong women who have married into it.Meghan’s Biggest Mistake.

The Royals made the mistake. Meghan is the one who gets all the press. She doesn't need the royal "clout" to help women--especially since that clout is clouded by hypocrisy and scandal.

I think they never imagined there could be a woman who didn't need the Palace and could reject it. After all, Camilla and Kate would never do so. But they didn't have successful lives of their own, pre-marriage. So the royals were chill with the media abusing Meghan, because they assumed she'd never leave.

By leaving the UK, she was 1) putting her family first and  2) showing other women that they have the right to leave abusive situations.  That's how you stand up for women's rights!

In any event, Meghan successfully raised money for women's charities both before and after her marriage. Unlike the royals, Meghan doesn't just attached her name to a charity and call it a day. Apparently, she actually works. Here's what was said about her work at a Smart Work event :

Bagnall also explained that Meghan was highly involved in the planning of the event she worked on, explaining: "with these things, you do think, do the royals just put their names to it?"

However, instead Meghan "was on every conference call."

"It was the most amazing work day I've ever done." Bagnall said, adding that Meghan "has this glowy aura around her that is magical."

Despite the strict timetable in place, Meghan "extended her day [because] she wanted to actually meet every single person who was involved and thank them personally." Bagnall explained this was unusual because it would "normally only be the top dogs that" got the recognition.

I think the last thing she wants is to work with any of the royals  again. The Daily Mail would love it, of course. However, I suspect Meghan doesn't want to subject herself to racism and hate just so they can make a buck.

Think about it. Would H&M rather do their work in a damp UK castle, as the media criticizing Meghan's latest outfit?  Or in a sunny California mansion, writing books, promoting charities and doing podcasts?

As she plays on the beach with her kids, I doubt she is longing to be back in the UK wearing tights and funny hats. It was a very smart move and the only one regretting it is the Palace. 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1
  • Move Along 2
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Who do people want to see at their hospital opening--Camilla? Wrinkly, grumpy Charles? Or Harry with one of his cute redheaded kids? The optics would have been so much better.

According to polls pretty much nobody in the UK wants to see Harry anywhere. Meanwhile Charles‘s approval ratings have gone up quite a bit. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

Charles has had decades to prove himself and People see that. It is really only a vocal minority of Diana worshippers and anti monarchists who have beef with him anymore. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I've generally avoided the Harry threads or discussions around Harry because I have been and am the unpopular family member with issues in the past and some of what he's going through just hits a bit close to home for me.  And some of what people say about Meghan too bugs me too.  Harry and Meghan aren't innocent but at the same time I'm just uneasy about the whole situation.

Sometimes I get the impression that other royals are all mad at the two because Harry and Meghan cramp their style.  Especially now with my health issues I feel like some members of my own family and others I know feel the same about me.  They act like I cramp their style but I'm the one with the health problems so however much an inconveience they are to family what the hell do they think it's like for the person having health problems.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

Meghan and Harry, in their quest to uphold their position as private citizens have released new portraits of themselves. They’re not doing anything, just standing there. Not raising money for a cause. Just posing. Isn’t that what all private citizens who want privacy in their private lives do? 

Not only is it interesting that she is in front of him in both, but the hair on top of his head has grown back! 

Spoiler

AC584873-B491-4FC3-BDE9-1907CE7CA742.jpeg.cc82e5e5592876bc1cde5c4b5dcf1e77.jpeg583A39A5-A5A9-48CB-9D6C-3EB3EA0706F1.jpeg.d64c46fed6e6cafa704d734fed205492.jpeg5EC38881-2B99-49BF-AC3A-F8648669AFE1.thumb.jpeg.a53e0f265e027d2e09678d231746d539.jpeg

Edited by adidas
Fixing spoiler tags
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 8
  • Thank You 2

There is that coral red again. Interesting hair for Harry.

• I Agree 2

It’s really not surprising. After Buckingham Palace released the photo of the new Fab Four, I suspected we’d see something from these two. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Is Harry unhappy?  I seem to be seeing more discussions about this lately.Harry Sacrificed Everything, Gained Very Little

[According to royal expert Duncan Larcombe[ while on the surface, Harry appears to have everything he could have ever wanted, including love, children, success and a "palace" of his own, the 38-year-old "looks like he is carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders."…
He continued, "I’ve watched him closely since he was a teenager, for my work, and I feel that if Harry is as happy as he is telling us, as he and Meghan tell us they are, he needs to quickly tell his face."

He certainly looked glum and stressed even before the Queen’s funeral.  There are rumors that they are trying to sell the Montecito estate, and it is probable that if they can sell it will be at a loss. Their deals with Netflix and so on don’t seem to be going well.  So I can see why he doesn’t always look cheerful, though there are times when he is.  The question is whether he looks less cheerful now than this time last year (give or take some weeks).

• Upvote 4

Why is he just clinging on to one finger? Every staged photo of this pair has Meghan in the forefront, are they incapable of making it more balanced?

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

The Sussex Squad has explained the hair phenomenon. His evil family causes it to fall out. But the wondrous love and happiness of being married to Meghan causes it to grow back. Clearly, being forced to be around his family for the funeral caused it to fall out, but fear not, I’m sure it’s back already. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

Good thing W&K are done having children Or Meghan would get pregnant “surprise” miracle twins. Only half kidding here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 3

On her newest podcast, Meghan talks about her deep understanding of Asian cultures due to eating noodles and going to Korean spas for body scrubs during her impoverished childhood. 

I don't understand how people think this woman is worth listening to. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, viii said:

I don't understand why she's speaking on Asian issues when... she isn't Asian. 

I think she’s an authority on everything. 

• Upvote 5

In her Defense- she talked to Asian women about it. Nothing wrong to provide a platform for this discussion even if it doesn’t affect you. In theory. 
sadly she just can’t help herself and instead of just giving a platform to people she really needs to insert herself in a questionable way. I will say though that I do generally like the Archetypes that are chosen, even though they don’t fit together well. Ambitious and Diva are general types that are often filled with negative meaning. Being single is a bit of an outlier but that might be that this less part of the professional realm and more topic in the private life.The Dragon Lady is very narrow in comparison. The discussion has picked up about one or two years ago but it seems it gets more momentum now. Of course she had to jump on the bandwagon. As so often with them, so much potential. I really don’t get how you can get it so wrong

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

There's nothing wrong with providing a platform for women to discuss on. However, Meghan has proved with her last two podcasts that she is unable to stop herself from inserting herself into the narrative and making it about her. Her first podcast, I think she spoke majority of the time and Venus actually said very little. 

I don't mind her tearing down walls with words like Ambition and Diva. I wish she'd also focus on the word Bossy. I hate when a woman is described as bossy. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

54 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

In her Defense- she talked to Asian women about it. Nothing wrong to provide a platform for this discussion even if it doesn’t affect you. In theory. 
sadly she just can’t help herself and instead of just giving a platform to people she really needs to insert herself in a questionable way. I will say though that I do generally like the Archetypes that are chosen, even though they don’t fit together well. Ambitious and Diva are general types that are often filled with negative meaning. Being single is a bit of an outlier but that might be that this less part of the professional realm and more topic in the private life.The Dragon Lady is very narrow in comparison. The discussion has picked up about one or two years ago but it seems it gets more momentum now. Of course she had to jump on the bandwagon. As so often with them, so much potential. I really don’t get how you can get it so wrong

They are stereotypes. She doesn't seem to know what an archetypes is. 

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, louisa05 said:

They are stereotypes. She doesn't seem to know what an archetypes is. 

Yeah, that’s what I don’t get. 

An episode each discussing classical female archetypes (ie, mother, goddess, crone, maiden, etc) would be incredibly interesting. How does that play into the perception of women in society and the stereotypes that follow?  But she’s just starting with the stereotypes part. Not that those don’t need exploring, but there’s a lot of other people (some with a lot more authority) already doing that. 

• Upvote 6

29 minutes ago, KnittingOwl said:

Yeah, that’s what I don’t get. 

An episode each discussing classical female archetypes (ie, mother, goddess, crone, maiden, etc) would be incredibly interesting. How does that play into the perception of women in society and the stereotypes that follow?  But she’s just starting with the stereotypes part. Not that those don’t need exploring, but there’s a lot of other people (some with a lot more authority) already doing that. 

They just want to use "arche" in everything. It's part of their brand. Never mind that a brand that doesn't make sense makes you look less than intelligent. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Insecure, Arrogant, entitled, pretentious, salty, obtuse they are not intelligent or they would not have don’t most of the things they have done. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

Please, Please, where did Harry say that about his bald head??  Please and thank you.

I don‘t think Harry said anything. The Sussex Squad is a group of pathologically obsessed fans being ridiculous (most of the time) and vile (sometimes) online. They seem to have defended the changing hairline.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic