IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 12: Prodigal Prince, Immature, Paranoid, Whiner, or Fully Justified?

Coconut Flan

In Germany, media law dictates that celebrities that invite press into their home (and by doing so create public interest into their private lives) have to in turn endure more press about their private lives, because they created that interest themselves. Is that similar in the US and Britain

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

On 12/3/2022 at 9:00 PM, prayawaythefundie said:

I think he has inherited a tendency towards unstableness from his mom more than his brother has.

Maybe he had a chemical imbalance? That's what people used to say to depressed people. It makes it easy to ignore the abuse or racism that person had suffered.

Royalists: If they are so angry about the royal family, why do they keep talking about it?

Republicans: If they hate Meghan and Harry so much, why do they keep watching trailers about them, reading articles about them, etc.

I do wonder why people hate them so much while following them so intensely. 

• Move Along 2
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 1

22 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

I will agree with this. A lot of their haters follow them just as intensely as their sugars do. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, viii said:

I will agree with this. A lot of their haters follow them just as intensely as their sugars do. 

I think they get a certain joy in bashing them. Obviously, they get something positive. It must be disappointing, though, to root for the downfall of a couple who are deeply in love, have healthy children, living in a beautiful place, with thriving careers and who are extremely rich. It must be quite disappointing!

• Fuck You 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I think they get a certain joy in bashing them. Obviously, they get something positive.

Well, you would know. 😉

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

On 12/3/2022 at 5:07 AM, Jackie3 said:

You can blame (or credit) Netflix for that.The trailer is their property and under their control. Harry and Meghan are not THAT powerfull.

🤣 Sure, honey, you keep telling that to yourself because you might actually believe it. 

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 4

The newest trailer for their Netflix show features Christopher Bouzy who says he against Twitter trolls but has said really mean things about William Catherine's looks.  He also being sued for defamation by a "LawTube" YouTuber attorney - Nate the Lawyer.  Bouzy would tweet about Nate being blind in one eye and also accused him of not being an attorney. 

So one of the people the couple have chosen to defend them (and to do "Twitter research") is himself, allegedly, a Twitter troll and bully. 

Bouzy is being used because he has "developed" software to find bots/trolls on Twitter but it is seemingly only configured to find anti-Meghan or anti-Amber Heard accounts.  Not actual bots or trolls. 

He has also been accused of other things but I haven't had a chance to read much about it but there are threads on Twitter about him. 

On 12/3/2022 at 9:29 AM, DalmatianCat said:

I think Harry was hoping for a set up more like Mike and Zara Tindall and Peter Phillips. He just didn’t sell it as well to the family.

He would have to give up all of the titles, funds, and security.  Peter and Zara have never had titles so they have had more freedom.  Maybe if he said "yes, we will give all of that up" then he probably could've been more like them.  But they don't want to give up the trappings of the royalty.  Meghan who said that titles aren't important is still using "Meghan, Duchess of Sussex" as her name on Zoom calls. 

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

7 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Who hates them?  Are you talking about here, or in general?  I have always liked him, he's mostly adorable when he isn't feeling sorry for himself.  I don't particularly like her, but hate takes too much energy.

• Upvote 6

They just don’t learn? I think most of the images they used in the second trailer are already identified from events  without any connection to them. And the photo with the baby was an approved photo call and they approved the official photographers position? I mean, PA was hit with several photos of him obviously sweating seconds after his claim in the interview. Everyone should have known those inconsistencies will be out there quickly.
And why are they still trying to sell their relationship as the biggest love story against all odds and evil? It looks like the performative acting you’d expect from teenagers. 

The biggest FU would have been to become very successful and rich without ever mentioning the RF again. There are no high stakes. Their story isn’t about saving the world or righting some unbelievable wrong. Telling the truth about your personal family feud is hardly relevant to the world. You’d think they are fighting global warming with the RF transforming the UK in one gigantic coal mine. And no I have a hard time believing people that have a history of misinformation, half truths, lying errrr misremembering in court and having to backtrack on their own statements regularly.

• Upvote 20

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

The biggest FU would have been to become very successful and rich without ever mentioning the RF again. 

Yes, but without the BRF, nobody cares about them. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

I should be shocked they're lying to the world again, but it seems that's become their norm.  At this point does anyone besides themselves and Netflix care about their "love story?"  Hasn't it already been done to death in made for TV movies?  Lying, misrepresentating, and performative does describe them well.  

• Upvote 9

They have the same one note tired storyline  rehashed over and over for years now.  Its all just appealing  to unstable obsessive creepy Sussex Squad people and the  tabloids now and that’s nothing to be proud about. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

They have the same one note tired storyline  rehashed over and over for years now.  Its all just appealing  to unstable obsessive creepy Sussex Squad people and the  tabloids now and that’s nothing to be proud about. 

Totally agree, but you just know that multiple millions of people are going to watch this who aren't obsessive creeps. Just curious people who don't feel like watching Gilmore Girls or Derry Girls or anything by Ricky Gervais (now you know what I watch on Netflix these days! LOL) and have already watched Season 5 of The Crown, so ooh, here's something that might be fun to watch, and it's got British people in it! Royal British people!  Now, whether all those people will stick with it through the entire miniseries is debatable--it really IS a one note, tired storyline, isn't it? 

Of course, the snarkers will be out in full force watching it. You know...us. 😆 You can be sure I'LL be watching, just for the snark factor!

I'm sure there's one person, though, who will watch with breathless excitement and intensity, taking copious notes in order to prove to all us haters how downtrodden and put-upon Harry and Meghan really are, and how they of all the royals deserve our deep respect and unquestioning support. 😏

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Sounds like you've decided Harry should stop grieving his mom when you want him to. And that standing up against racism is wrong.

I am curious why it's so important that this couple remains silent. What is the Palace afraid of?  If ithey lie, they have millions fact-checking their every word. If they tell the truth about some Palace ugliness, it's good to expose it. 

In the next few days, they aren't remaining silent, no matter how many people want to silence them. Not silent at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Eyeroll 2

2 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

The biggest FU would have been to become very successful and rich without ever mentioning the RF again.

Maybe they aren't trying to say FU? That is an option, you know.

However, your desire for them to be silent is duly noted. Everyone else gets to speak out, but they should remain silent. Why?

Edited by Jackie3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

I'm sure there's one person, though, who will watch with breathless excitement and intensity, taking copious notes in order to prove to all us haters how downtrodden and put-upon Harry and Meghan really are, and how they of all the royals deserve our deep respect and unquestioning support. 😏

You’re right - I will be 😉🤣

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, viii said:

You’re right - I will be 😉🤣

Hey, maybe I'll whip out my notebook, too! :laughing-rolling:

I'll be looking for the play by play of the outright lies and misrepresentations and the level of whining and rehash.

• Upvote 3

On 12/3/2022 at 7:46 AM, Manda said:

Meghan never let all her management people go when she and Harry married.  The US team had dollar signs in their eyes and pushed how much money she and Harry could make.  The US team couldn't and can't tell the difference in celebrity and royalty and did a lot to lead Meghan and Harry down this path of wanting to be royal and making their own money, IMO. 

Great points!

Nothing wrong with making money, of course. Financially, Harry and Meghan came out far better than the Tindalls. They don't have to ask for their allowance from the King, they are in control of their own destiny. They don't have to hide their wealth or pretend they don't have it. Plus, they can wear what they want!

I understand Mike Tindall just finished participating in some survival reality show. Can you imagine the blowback if Meghan had done that? I have a feeling you'd be disgusted by the hypocrisy, so would I.  🤣.   😄

Edited by Jackie3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, viii said:

Yes, but without the BRF, nobody cares about them. 

LOL, a lot of people sure care about them here!

Plus, the press seems to care about them tremendously.

Even if no one DID care about them, so what? Why is that such a terrible thing? 

• Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 2

On 12/3/2022 at 1:47 PM, tabitha2 said:

Harry is asshole victim :)  

It's true. It's terrible to

--grieve your mother (enough is enough!)

--speak out about racism

--want to be a private citizen

--want to help your wife

--serve your country for 10 years

--want to be financially independent

It's clear you view Harry to be far worse than Andrew, judging from the number of your posts.

You seem to feel Harry's worse than Mike Tindall, too. It's OK for Mike to throw a dwarf against the wall, while in a drunken stupor, and then refuse to admit he was wrong. Fine for him to sexually assault a woman in public. At least he isn't writing a book about the Palace!

• Upvote 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

25 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

LOL, a lot of people sure care about them here!

Plus, the press seems to care about them tremendously.

Even if no one DID care about them, so what? Why is that such a terrible thing? 

People care about them here because people care about the BRF. If Harry and Meghan had never been royals, nobody would care about their actions. 

And I wouldn't think it was a terrible thing but I bet you they would. 

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

They just don’t learn? I think most of the images they used in the second trailer are already identified from events  without any connection to them. And the photo with the baby was an approved photo call and they approved the official photographers position?

Their problem is that Meghan only came into the picture in 2016, which is after the Leveson Inquiry put a spotlight on the behaviour of the British media and changes started to be made. It was also well into the smartphone era, so press pictures weren't as valuable anyway. While the creators of the trailer could easily find film/photos of Diana or Kate (in the early days) getting harassed, the press was much less obtrusive by Meghan's time and I doubt that they'd be able to find the kind of "Poor Meghan being chased by dozens of photographers" pictures they were clearly desperate for.

• Upvote 9

On 12/5/2022 at 2:34 AM, käsekuchen said:

In Germany, media law dictates that celebrities that invite press into their home (and by doing so create public interest into their private lives) have to in turn endure more press about their private lives, because they created that interest themselves. Is that similar in the US and Britain

Not to the best of my knowledge - but I kind of wish it were true!

Here, pols and those with ambitions to power have pushed their kids into the forefront since at least Old Joe Kennedy in the 1930s.  

As to Germany’s law - dang! Yet another thing I love about y’all!!  :) 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic