IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 23: Elizabeth's Phoning It & Michael Did a Runner. Literally.

nelliebelle1197

On 2/22/2024 at 5:57 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh you mean this picture? She’s developing her own “unique” look like Gwen. 

3F1190F6-92CB-4834-A3AE-1590929776F6.jpeg

If her hair was back and she didn't have the red lip, there's just something about the drawn nature of her face or something that reminds me of the American Gothic painting.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I just checked and the first thread about Gwen was from 2017. We’ve been talking about her for so long. We were talking about her before she even divorced David, married Joe, and then died by plane crash. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

On 2/24/2024 at 1:17 PM, RFsurvivor said:

As for Henley’s death, it wasn’t discussed openly. Only in hushed conversations. The general church body were left relatively in the dark from what I recall. 

I really feel for Elizabeth, because that sounds just awful. I hope she had support in private at least.

• I Agree 2

On 2/23/2024 at 9:37 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just checked and the first thread about Gwen was from 2017. We’ve been talking about her for so long. We were talking about her before she even divorced David, married Joe, and then died by plane crash. 

And now almost 3 years post crash too.  Seems almost yesterday when it happened.

I finally watched the videos with Michael.   While I think he was brave to speak out, I really felt for him as he seemed to be  struggling.   But what he described living with was just so crazy.   He owns up to his own participation but that's pretty par for the course in something like that.  You can be both victim and participant at the same time.   I hope things get b

Speaking of Elizabeth, in the prior photos of her, she's really quite pretty and it's shocking how she looks now.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

And now almost 3 years post crash too.  Seems almost yesterday when it happened.

I finally watched the videos with Michael.   While I think he was brave to speak out, I really felt for him as he seemed to be  struggling.   But what he described living with was just so crazy.   He owns up to his own participation but that's pretty par for the course in something like that.  You can be both victim and participant at the same time.   I hope things get b

Speaking of Elizabeth, in the prior photos of her, she's really quite pretty and it's shocking how she looks now.  

Gwen and Elizabeth were both very naturally beautiful. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some body dysmorphia going on with both of them. And that’s why their natural looks sort of got covered up with makeup, hair, and cosmetic treatments like Botox and filler.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 6

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Gwen and Elizabeth were both very naturally beautiful. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some body dysmorphia going on with both of them. And that’s why their natural looks sort of got covered up with makeup, hair, and cosmetic treatments like Botox and filler.

Earlier photos of Gwen, like we are talking 90s before the hair got crazy high, and she looked really good.   In some of the photos shown in Michael's interview, you could see the progression from a normal looking attractive woman to something just very, very strange.   It's not real surprising that Elizabeth is going the same way.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Early weigh down workshop Gwen looked like what a lot of wives and mothers out there probably wished they looked like themselves: all-American, wholesome, tanned, healthy, mom-next-door...and skinny. Plus, she could not stop talking about how in love with God she was and how great and fulfulling her relationship with God was. I think a lot of people who met her back in those days wanted to be just like her. I think all that played into the weigh down workshop’s initial popularity, and later also played into the cult of personality that developed. 

And yes it is crazy how long we have been talking about this. I cut off all contact with Remnant in 2011 so the people on this site have been my only source of any info since 2017. I would have missed out on so much without this site!

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 7

Looks like RF leaders are criticizing Michael on social media while outing themselves and long-suspected cult practices:

The RF cult leaders' statements track with so many other cults where not only money flows to the leadership but various types of "in-kind" benefits, from home construction to household support to real estate acquisitions. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

7 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Looks like RF leaders are criticizing Michael on social media while outing themselves and long-suspected cult practices:

The RF cult leaders' statements track with so many other cults where not only money flows to the leadership but various types of "in-kind" benefits, from home construction to household support to real estate acquisitions. 

Pretty, pretty wild how many RF leaders outed their finstas, fakebooks, fitters, and throwaways with that Michael bait. The argument on fb is a whol spicy mess and appears to carry over on multiple channels in real time. Lots of collateral damage.

Hit dogs and all that.

As for your last bit, I was fully convinced at one point that all RF leadership property was was staked, vested, subsidized, financed, mortgaged, or otherwise tied up (and therefore controlled) by some combination of GS and/or RFC. Everything else in LLCs that tied two RF members together. And, yes, the amount of work put in by a combination of the children and the plebes was at wild levels.

• Upvote 6

17 hours ago, MobMarried said:

Pretty, pretty wild how many RF leaders outed their finstas, fakebooks, fitters, and throwaways with that Michael bait. The argument on fb is a whol spicy mess and appears to carry over on multiple channels in real time. Lots of collateral damage.

Yes, and Michael is getting in some righteous hits with his responses:

DavidShamblinWDRF.thumb.png.fe112f8d69151da3ad01a29aa7dc64e1.png

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 2

On 2/24/2024 at 4:09 AM, jakesykora said:

If her hair was back and she didn't have the red lip, there's just something about the drawn nature of her face or something that reminds me of the American Gothic painting.

Or if the hair was black, Morticia Addams.

• Upvote 6

18 hours ago, MobMarried said:

Hit dogs and all that.

As for your last bit, I was fully convinced at one point that all RF leadership property was was staked, vested, subsidized, financed, mortgaged, or otherwise tied up (and therefore controlled) by some combination of GS and/or RFC. Everything else in LLCs that tied two RF members together. And, yes, the amount of work put in by a combination of the children and the plebes was at wild levels.

Can you link to the Facebook drama? Good for Michael for calling out their behavior. This might be a huge crack in the foundation for them. 

• Upvote 4

@SerenitybyJan

I don use the bookface, but it's mostly on M's (Michael S. Black) fb. It's also on his twtr (@michaelsblk).

As for the second part, at the very least, RF leadership perceives it as a crack. Otherwise, the current Deputy to the Assistant Regional Manager (PS) and the New but Old Deputy Consigliere (RD) wouldn't be taking the risk and telling on themselves in such a manner. Nor would they normally be directing the cheer section to come out and react or upvote on otherwise dead or stoic social media accounts. Both PS and RD are masters of the quiet, long game. And nobody, obvious exceptions of E&M, has been around longer than PS.

Michael's call-out for "those harmed" to contact him as he has something brewing has shaken the tree. RM coming out of the woodwork just now is the strongest evidence of that. RF official legal beagle and all.

I'll add that the strong suggestion of RD being Michael's up-line was my biggest surprise from the exchanges on Fri and Sat. But, considering how long ago he fell out of favor, and the timing of it all, it makes some sense.

Edited by MobMarried
ed: thoughts and words
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Okay, so maybe RD is not a master of the quiet game. All that new fb spice is quite telling. I thought I had already sensed a disrespect for the dead from earlier posts, but his latest makes that clear. And he definitely outed that he lurks FJ. Well, Tiff likely, but... Hi, Rob! 

• Upvote 4

Okay,

So I had no idea Tiffani(!) Day were Catholic. But now I know her and RD read FJ.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MobMarried said:

Okay,

So I had no idea Tiffani(!) Day were Catholic. But now I know her and RD read FJ.

Oh there was a RF account many years ago that basically gave itself away to be RD. He even acted like he was simply a person curious about remnant. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

They are really going at it on FB. Michael has kept everything public under the name Michael S. Black, so if you are interested, you can read there. He posted a song that he wrote and the hook says, "So low  that I wish I was dead, with a knife in my heart and a bullet through my head..." It's very sad. I really hope that he doesn't go so deep into the pit of despair that he takes his own life. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

On 3/4/2024 at 6:19 PM, freefromthin said:

They are really going at it on FB. Michael has kept everything public under the name Michael S. Black, so if you are interested, you can read there. He posted a song that he wrote and the hook says, "So low  that I wish I was dead, with a knife in my heart and a bullet through my head..." It's very sad. I really hope that he doesn't go so deep into the pit of despair that he takes his own life. 

It was my impression that he was covering the song to share how he felt when he wrote it as a member of Remnant. He seems very strong and committed to helping those who have left. He seems honest about his own bad behaviors, too. He has clearly rattled the RF leadership, and they seem to want to throw previous leadership (both dead and alive) under the bus for any previous problems. Probably not a bad PR strategy moving forward. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

14 hours ago, bffyly said:

He has clearly rattled the RF leadership, and they seem to want to throw previous leadership (both dead and alive) under the bus for any previous problems. Probably not a bad PR strategy moving forward. 

Toward the outside world that strategy may well work, but I can't see it going over well on the inside. Gwen seems to have been somewhere between a saint, the pope, and a demi-god.

• Upvote 4

On his FB, Michael said that RF quietly married his ex wife to a member of the church praise band last weekend. 

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 4
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 5

4 hours ago, SerenitybyJan said:

On his FB, Michael said that RF quietly married his ex wife to a member of the church praise band last weekend. 

Ugh. We knew it would happen. We called it the minute those two divorced. A divorced mother of four can’t hold leadership. This marriage puts a bandaid on that. 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ugh. We knew it would happen. We called it the minute those two divorced. A divorced mother of four can’t hold leadership. This marriage puts a bandaid on that. 

By driving out the longstanding wife of Daniel (the Prisoner, released of Babylon). Oh, and children... to make it clean.

11 hours ago, MariaariaM said:

Toward the outside world that strategy may well work, but I can't see it going over well on the inside. Gwen seems to have been somewhere between a saint, the pope, and a demi-god.

Yet the strong implication was there, from both Patrick and Rob, that reference was likely being made to some combination of Gwen, David, and Joe.

And what a smart, bold, and strong pivot that would be, considering. If it could affect the outside, it could be sold on the inside. See destalinization. It is a rejection without substance, where all those still in power derived their power forever to come by adherence and loyalty to the apparently reduced idol.

They were definitely echoing--from inside--somebody's removed influence as being a force behind old and early mistakes. The easy scapegoats though, of course, would be the Martins and Angers.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, MobMarried said:

They were definitely echoing--from inside--somebody's removed influence as being a force behind old and early mistakes. The easy scapegoats though, of course, would be the Martins and Angers.

I am still curious if there will ever be a public reason why the Angers and Days are no longer leaders. It is easy to push blame on the Martins, but the Angers and Days are still seemingly active members. 

It’s pretty clear that Michael being active on social media has caused concern within RF. 

• Upvote 5

On 3/9/2024 at 5:04 PM, SerenitybyJan said:

Do we know the name of the guy she married?

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic