IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 23: Elizabeth's Phoning It & Michael Did a Runner. Literally.

nelliebelle1197

On 1/12/2024 at 8:11 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Gwen was always the main speaker. But before Gwen died, there were always others who lead as well. People like Durville Patton. They would lead in prayer and things like that. The church has a ton of leaders now. I imagine a lot of them are leading the congregation in person but Elizabeth is phoning in. She is so different from her mother. I really don’t think she will ever fully lead like her mother did. I’m just waiting for a David Miscavage type to come out of the shadows and take over. I thought it would be Ted Anger. But now I’m not so sure. 

I always preferred Candice and Tedd over other leaders but they will not be taking over, not ever. It's probably due to information in the documentary 

• Upvote 2

Oh.  So am so excited for this!  And yay for Michael, even though it sounds like it’s been a terrible few years.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

For some reason this morning I thought of this.  And realized my yay seems so tone deaf.  Michael’s kids and his sister and his nieces and nephew are all still in the cult.  All still starving.  All still being abused/abusing. 

it has to be a mind fluff to have the relief of being free and healing yourself while that is happening.  He’s really brave.  This is what we want all the fundies who leave/reform to do.  And while as I have grown older I understand more why that doesn’t happen and try to keep a warm heart and give grace in my heart, we all still want it.  It’s brave and I suspect an extremely personally challenging choice to do this interview.  I hope he has the support and love he needs over the coming months.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

Imagine me explaining to my friends that Im impatient for the dumb super bowl to be over so that I can finally watch a nashville local news channel 

• Upvote 10

6 hours ago, treemom said:

some reason this morning I thought of this.  And realized my yay seems so tone deaf.  Michael’s kids and his sister and his nieces and nephew are all still in the cult.  All still starving.  All still being abused/abusing

just as crazy Michael's now ex wife is in Remnant and in leadership 

And has reverted to her real name Erin from Gwen's mandated Elle.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

And has reverted to her real name Erin from Gwen's mandated Elle.

She has done that, yes.  Did not know Elle was a mandate from Gwen because a lot of people still called her Erin 

I think I read here (?) from someone who knew the inside scoop that Erin became Elle when Gwen made Michele become Elizabeth.

• Thank You 1

Michelle chose to start going by her middle name Elizabeth pretty early on into Remnant because she had never liked having the female version of her own older brother’s name (which I sympathize with). Whereas Erin Shamblin and Erin Moore had both been some of Gwen Shamblin’s employees/assistants/yes-women for many years; as the rumor goes, one day Gwen finally got tired of the ambiguity and suddenly Erin Shamblin started going by Elle instead. But that happened years after Michelle chose to start going by Elizabeth. 

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

I hope Michael is going to therapy. His mother did a number on him mentally and he would really benefit from therapy. I hope he gets to see his kids. The grand kids could still see David after Gwen divorced him. So I hope they can see Michael. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

5 hours ago, freefromthin said:

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/newschannel-5-investigates/what-were-we-doing-gwen-shamblins-son-breaks-silence-about-life-inside-her-brentwood-cult

This was an interesting article as well. There is a video embedded into the article that I don't remember seeing before.

30 minutes ago they updated this page and added the video of (today’s portion of) the Michael Shamblin interview. It seems like it is mostly just a video version of the text that was already on the page. But at the end of the video Phil Williams says the interview with Michael lasted a few hours and that they will be continuing to run additional stories based off of it “all this week…I can guarantee you we will be making news this week.”

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

So far it is a good interview.  Michael calls it a cult which seems huge to me.  He calls Gwen "Gwen" and not mom. 

On a different note, I really like PhIl Williams.  He is an excellent journalist.  I am looking forward to the rest of the interview.

• Upvote 9

The second installment was on tonight. It was interesting and sad. He mentioned a song that his mother used to sing to him. The lyrics were as follows: Nobody loves you but your mother, and she may be jiving, too." What a thing to sing. I'm not sure if those are the lyrics to an actual song out there, but I can't imagine my mom singing that to me.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/newschannel-5-investigates/what-motivated-gwen-shamblin-her-son-says-praise-power-she-loved-the-attention-the-spotlight

This is the newest interview.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 7

Just wanted to add that the videos are also on their YT channel. I couldn't post the link here.

• Thank You 5

Someone posted to Michael S. Black's FB page (on a public post) that the reference "Nobody Loves You but Your Mother" is a BB King song. What BB sang was "Nobody loves me but my mother, and she could be jivin' too..." I still find that an odd thing to sing to a child.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 4

On 1/11/2024 at 9:04 PM, freefromthin said:

I watched the latest rally .......

How are you able to watch? Are you a former member? (Sorry if I should already know this. It's been a really long time since I posted here so I've forgotten most of what I thought I knew!)

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

How are you able to watch? Are you a former member? (Sorry if I should already know this. It's been a really long time since I posted here so I've forgotten most of what I thought I knew!)

It WAS on the WDTV website, and was open to the public. No login or anything was required. I don't know if it's still available. I was never a member but was someone who spent a significant amount of time in her classes. I DID consider joining, but never could bring myself to do it.

• Thank You 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, treemom said:

Tonight’s segment is here: https://www.newschannel5.com/news/newschannel-5-investigates/this-is-what-we-are-going-to-take-you-out-with-gwen-shamblins-son-describes-threat-with-snipers-bullet

highlights: Gwen + reefer madness, Tarzan threatened Michael, Michael says she was definitely having an affair.  

This one was particularly juicy. Including the teaser at the very end of the video

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

This one was particularly juicy. Including the teaser at the very end of the video

I can’t wait for him to emphasize about the system. I personally can confirm that this isn’t a joke, and that it is VERY, very real. Discovery of said system was one of the many eye opening discoveries I stumbled upon when volunteering for the cult and WD via the “Tech Ministry”. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

I'm loving Michael's interviews, and looking forward to the reveal of The System. JMHO  -- I believe what Michael is saying, nothing rings false to me. I'm not surprised by the details he's provided as we all knew RF was crazy town, we just didn't know how crazy, 

Michael doesn't look happy or pleased to be spilling all the tea, but rather grimly determined to get the truth out there and expose the RF cult for what it is.

I'm a little surprised that RF hasn't denounced the interviews as they denounced the HBO documentary. Perhaps they are waiting until all the interviews air and they can say Michael has fallen away from the one true way to God and is a false prophet and a sinner.  I highly suspect the RF members are forbidden to watch the interviews so they don't know the specifics of what he's saying.

RFSurvivor_2 -- After Michael reveals The System, would you be willing to tell us what you know about it?

• Upvote 12

44 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I believe what Michael is saying, nothing rings false to me. I'm not surprised by the details he's provided as we all knew RF was crazy town, we just didn't know how crazy

ITA. Just watching them now and it is 100% believable. If Michael doesnʻt have the receipts, the reporter can bring them. There are no gaps so far. 

A shout out here to local reporting. Mr. Williams has been on this beat for decades and we owe him a great deal.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

Did they use a spreadsheet? Did they track cult members using lbs. or s.u. (sinfulness units)? I would love to have been the member with the highest s.u. rating!

• Haha 2

I've been catching up on RF. A lot happened in the last few years!

I saw a fairly recent picture of Elizabeth Hannah earlier in this thread, but I didn't see this one:

Spoiler

Elizabeth-Hannah-and-Daughter.jpg.44dd666964167eab1e665c0788841f59.jpg

I wouldn't have believed that is her if I hadn't found it on the RF Leadership section.

I realize that appearance isn't really the most important thing about an abusive cult, but it caught my eye. I hope RF fades away, and that more of its members escape. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic