IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 23: Elizabeth's Phoning It & Michael Did a Runner. Literally.

nelliebelle1197

5 minutes ago, Tibby said:

So I just went down the name origination rabbit hole on Google. Talyhr is an historical Scottish spelling derived from the French word “tailleur” meaning tailor. But then get this - Snider is an anglicanized version of the Dutch word for tailor. So her name means “tailor tailor”. I think it is kind of clever in a nerdy sort of way. I agree that all the time spent with spelling and pronunciation have been/will be hours she will never get back.

Her married name will be Snider. So I guess her parents are good at seeing the future 😂

• Haha 3

On 5/26/2023 at 1:10 PM, Nonbeliever said:

Ironically David was showing off his newly slim figure on Facebook with a smile on his face and no mention of the cancer that caused him to lose the weight.

I worked with a social worker who died of brain cancer and who used to joke she couldn't believe she was dying of cancer but still fat. So even if David Shamblin was sick, but hated being heavy, being thin made him feel better psychologically.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Cults-r-us said:

I worked with a social worker who died of brain cancer and who used to joke she couldn't believe she was dying of cancer but still fat. So even if David Shamblin was sick, but hated being heavy, being thin made him feel better psychologically.

Oh I’m sure it did since he lived with Gwen Shamblin for 30 something years. Her extreme fat phobia had to rub off on him. Even though he divorced her. I doubt he divorced her fat phobia. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her married name will be Snider. So I guess her parents are good at seeing the future 😂

Oh man! That blows my theory! Oh well…an interesting coincidence.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Jeepgirl said:

I’ve never really dug into the whole Remnant Fellowship/Gwen Shamblin history but do know that it’s a dangerous cult.  Never run across any of it in real life or known anybody that was involved……..that is until last week.  

Occasionally I help friends of mine that own an estate sale service.  They needed help with a sale for a lady that’s downsizing and moving into assisted living.  She’s been a lifelong, devout Lutheran, active in her church, community and the local rescue mission.  She had a very large collection of bibles, some dating back to 1848.  In amongst the bibles, I found a 12 cassette Exodus out of Egypt Weighdown Workshop.

I found a hammer and smashed each cassette so that no dumpster divers could retrieve them. I felt I owed an explanation to my friend so gave her the Reader’s Digest version of what I knew of Gwen.  Her response “Thank God that evil has been destroyed.”

I totally love you for your cassette smashing skills!!! And your friend’s comment about it!!

12 hours ago, Tibby said:

So I just went down the name origination rabbit hole on Google. Talyhr is an historical Scottish spelling derived from the French word “tailleur” meaning tailor. But then get this - Snider is an anglicanized version of the Dutch word for tailor. So her name means “tailor tailor”. I think it is kind of clever in a nerdy sort of way. I agree that all the time spent with spelling and pronunciation have been/will be hours she will never get back.

I am no fan whatsoever of Snider as a first name. In my neck of the woods, as a last name it’s spelled Snyder. It’s the last name of a local obnoxious businessman as well as the company he owns, and he makes screaming loud, gawd awful commercials for it that I mute every time they air. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

On 5/29/2023 at 9:22 PM, Cam said:

I am no fan whatsoever of Snider as a first name. In my neck of the woods, as a last name it’s spelled Snyder. It’s the last name of a local obnoxious businessman as well as the company he owns, and he makes screaming loud, gawd awful commercials for it that I mute every time they air. 

Or kid-hating school Principal Snyder from Buffy the Vampire Slayer who I’m pretty sure came to a bad end. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

On 5/28/2023 at 11:36 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Talyhr’s middle name is Nyvada. 😬

Kids in this family all have "creative" names I b'lieve. 

***Meant to post the following as a separate post***

In other (sad) news: 

https://www.wkrn.com/news/local-news/nashville/witnesses-recount-deadly-wrong-way-crash-on-i-65-south/

This is re the Sheridan and Blair families in WD/RF. Its sad this 19yo drove Down The Wrong Side of the Interstate and all, but whats also really sad is that somehow he had to totally know what he was doing. Even at 1 a.m.  And whats truly horrifying is that he took out another person on his way. Gotta wonder if that lady's family is gonna sue. 

Edited by Willow
meant to post it separately
  • Sad 3
  • Thank You 2

On 6/2/2023 at 10:01 AM, Willow said:

Kids in this family all have "creative" names I b'lieve. 

***Meant to post the following as a separate post***

In other (sad) news: 

https://www.wkrn.com/news/local-news/nashville/witnesses-recount-deadly-wrong-way-crash-on-i-65-south/

This is re the Sheridan and Blair families in WD/RF. Its sad this 19yo drove Down The Wrong Side of the Interstate and all, but whats also really sad is that somehow he had to totally know what he was doing. Even at 1 a.m.  And whats truly horrifying is that he took out another person on his way. Gotta wonder if that lady's family is gonna sue. 

The Mom of Corban Sheridan is not from the Blair family she's divorced from Corbans Dad and lives in another state.  

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, DietCherryCoke76 said:

The Mom of Corban Sheridan is not from the Blair family she's divorced from Corbans Dad and lives in another state.  

Yes isnt she in the hbo documentary?

11 hours ago, Blue said:

Isn’t this an RF mansion?

IMG_0587.jpeg

I don't know, but the rental home includes "motorized built in ceiling TV in primary bedroom". I can only imagine the nightmares that happen after someone falls asleep watching Gwen on tv. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Blue said:

IMG_0587.jpeg

It looks like Brandon and Michelle’s old house. 

On 6/16/2023 at 12:59 AM, Blue said:

IMG_0587.jpeg

Not only is it an RF home, it’s owned by one of the leadership couples. I believe this is where @RFsurvivor and I had our “blessing” shower MANY years ago. FYSA, this house is not Brandon and Elizabeth’s old home.

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

After Gwen died and Elizabeth moved into Gwen’s house, she sold her old house to an RF couple. I forget which ones but it was one of the very high up couples. 

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

After Gwen died and Elizabeth moved into Gwen’s house, she sold her old house to an RF couple. I forget which ones but it was one of the very high up couples. 

Was it the Day’s?  I feel like it was. 

Just now, cookingbutterchicken said:

Was it the Day’s?  I feel like it was. 

You know, I think it was. But I’m not 100 percent positive. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tibby said:

It looks like it belongs to the Boermans.

IMG_0679.png

Thanks, but does that date of 2013 doesn’t seem to match up when with Elizabeth moved out. Maybe the Hannah’s didn’t actually own it?  I don’t know. They do some strange things. Wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t and allowed them to live there because of being Gwen’s daughter. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

Ok, late to the party:

David Shamblin (Mr ex-Gwen) has cancer? Is he ok? Does Michael know and has he come back? Elizabeth?

I have so many questions!

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, FilleMondaine said:

Ok, late to the party:

David Shamblin (Mr ex-Gwen) has cancer? Is he ok? Does Michael know and has he come back? Elizabeth?

I have so many questions!

David died and Michael doesn’t seem to have gone back to RF. He goes by Michael Black now. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

I haven't posted in a long time but today I was looking at the Remnant Wedding site and I see that the Dunn girl and one of the Fischer boys got married on June 17. Isn't she one of Grace's buddies? I wonder how long it will be before we see Grace getting married. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

I haven't posted in a long time but today I was looking at the Remnant Wedding site and I see that the Dunn girl and one of the Fischer boys got married on June 17. Isn't she one of Grace's buddies? I wonder how long it will be before we see Grace getting married. 

I think I already said somewhere on the thread that I think she will be married before she turns 20. She’s currently 17 I believe. She will start out youth pastoring with her husband and will work her way up quickly to a leader spot. I’m sure she will have a daughter with a G name at some point. Gemma, Genevieve, Genesis, Giselle. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

17 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

Trish and Marc Dunn had triplets and the one girl would be about 19 or 20 years old now 

• Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic