IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 7: How Is This Going to Work?

Coconut Flan

With all that's going on with Josh, I wouldn't be surprised if JB and Michelle sit this one out. I don't know if Lawson is close to the twins or Joe or JD. We might see a very minimal Duggar showing. 

• Upvote 8

55 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

With all that's going on with Josh, I wouldn't be surprised if JB and Michelle sit this one out. I don't know if Lawson is close to the twins or Joe or JD. We might see a very minimal Duggar showing. 

I agree. I’m sure Lawson considers some of the Duggars his good friends but he just seems like a surface friend. Not a deep friendship kind of guy. So maybe very few Duggars think of him as a close friend. 

• Upvote 9

I bet Jinger and Jeremy will go. San Diego is driving distance and they would for sure like the press. 

• Upvote 13

@artdecades I agree. As Lawson is marrying a proper (if minor) celebrity and there is the prospect of other celebrities being present as well as only a few Duggars, I can see Jeremy turning out for this.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

Well, just because I was bored this evening and the football match that Mr sops2 was watching on tv did not appeal to me, I did a bit of sleuthing. It was more fun than doing a crossword or wordle

Lawson posted a video where he took Tiff to a restaurant in San Diego to reveal the honeymoon destination. Following the clues in the video background, streetview and good old google it looks like a Greek mezze restaurant .I got a bit thrown when the camera showed a mirror view of the streets, but eventually got  there

Looks as if Lawson and Tiff are going to Greece.

Cue jokes about Greek gods...

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

On 5/8/2022 at 8:31 AM, Idlewild said:

@artdecades I agree. As Lawson is marrying a proper (if minor) celebrity and there is the prospect of other celebrities being present as well as only a few Duggars, I can see Jeremy turning out for this.

I will be shocked if Jeremy doesn’t turn up. He is such a fame seeker.

• Upvote 12

2 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Well, just because I was bored this evening and the football match that Mr sops2 was watching on tv did not appeal to me, I did a bit of sleuthing. It was more fun than doing a crossword or wordle

Lawson posted a video where he took Tiff to a restaurant in San Diego to reveal the honeymoon destination. Following the clues in the video background, streetview and good old google it looks like a Greek mezze restaurant .I got a bit thrown when the camera showed a mirror view of the streets, but eventually got  there

Looks as if Lawson and Tiff are going to Greece.

Cue jokes about Greek gods...

fUCK them I wanna be in Greece right now 😕

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

We went to Greece for our honeymoon and it was lovely. I can't recommend Meteora enough - it was stunning. It's a shame they don't drink alcohol, because I think everyone who visits should try uzo... with someone filming them. So strong!

• Upvote 5

I just cannot imagine my husband choosing our honeymoon destination with no input from me.  The mere thought is horrifying, like letting him pick my wedding dress off the rack. In part that's because I was planning potential honeymoon trips since my early 20s, and in part because when he does the travel arranging he just picks the first cheap thing he sees. I know what I want when it comes to travel, especially for something as important as a honeymoon. But I guess fundie wives aren't allowed to know what they want. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

I wonder if they have scored a magazine deal as I can’t imagine Lawson’s music ‘career’ funding a European honeymoon? 

My honeymoon was a surprise (until the guy at check in said where we were going!) and it was fabulous. One week doing something I’d always wanted to do and a second week elsewhere doing water sports for my husband. I loved the fact that it was a surprise and that he’d put so much thought into it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

I assume JD and Abbie are going as well, they seem close to Lawson because of the Mediccorps thing.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

I assume JD and Abbie are going as well, they seem close to Lawson because of the Mediccorps thing.

Yes, but Abbie is pregnant, and her last pregnancy was rough.

I also had a big fat Greek honeymoon. But I drink alcohol, enjoy antiquities & history, and don't constantly film myself.

My predictions for their honeymoon:

1. We will get to see pics of Lawson posing on a donkey (2 asses for the price of one!) giving us a V sign.

2. Tiffany will wear a modest one piece bathing suit. And a big hat.

3. Lawson will pose dramatically jumping on a cliff. Tiffany will comment "You are So Amazing, I Love U" 

4. Tiffany will be photographed making a face at eating octopus or squid.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 19

16 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

fUCK them I wanna be in Greece right now 😕

Same. First the proposal in Rome, now a honeymoon in Greece? Those are both big bucket list destinations for me, and these two grifters are going to both less than a year apart.

• Upvote 7

On 5/5/2022 at 11:01 PM, lumpentheologie said:

You're right, I've also seen it in touristic material promoting a place. But I've never heard that expression used by someone who went there and I think that's the difference. I mean I would find it super weird if someone I knew posted on social media about getting to spend time in "the heart of Europe." Normally people just say the name of the place they went to. 

I’d think of it more like “America’sHeartland” which is commonly used just to describe anything not in a big city or on the coast. So the rural areas. I have no idea if that’s how it’s meant elsewhere. 

When I was following the trail to Lawson's honeymoon reveal restaurant, I had to slow down the video to see things more clearly. It's amazing what added nuances there are watching peoples faces in slow motion. There were definitely a few grumpy, unhappy expressions that fleetingly appeared on their faces.. These two will definitely have some shouting match arguments when they are married

• Upvote 6

I tried to watch one of their videos and had to stop half way through. It drove me nuts how much they talked over and interrupted each other.  

Edited by displayname
  • Upvote 4

10 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

I just cannot imagine my husband choosing our honeymoon destination with no input from me.  The mere thought is horrifying, like letting him pick my wedding dress off the rack. In part that's because I was planning potential honeymoon trips since my early 20s, and in part because when he does the travel arranging he just picks the first cheap thing he sees. I know what I want when it comes to travel, especially for something as important as a honeymoon. But I guess fundie wives aren't allowed to know what they want. 

I'm like you, but there are people who very much prefer a surprise destination. But Lawson amd Tiff are so fake, that it's hard to know if the surprise is genuine or not.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

My predictions for their honeymoon:

1. We will get to see pics of Lawson posing on a donkey (2 asses for the price of one!) giving us a V sign.

2. Tiffany will wear a modest one piece bathing suit. And a big hat.

3. Lawson will pose dramatically jumping on a cliff. Tiffany will comment "You are So Amazing, I Love U" 

4. Tiffany will be photographed making a face at eating octopus or squid.

This could make a pretty good Bingo game. I'll add that couple pics will have more real estate given to Lawson's face than to Tiffany's.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

JD and Abbie are in San Diego according to Whitney's IG.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

10 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I assume that’s why they announced the pregnancy. Yes the photos gave it away, but Esther and Tori also announced around the same time. I think they did it so there wouldn’t be too much bump speculation overshadowing King Lawsons big day. 

• Upvote 9

5 hours ago, Wifey4Lifey said:

Same. First the proposal in Rome, now a honeymoon in Greece? Those are both big bucket list destinations for me, and these two grifters are going to both less than a year apart.

yep Bucket list for me too though I have been to Rome three times and greece twice but fuck them I wanna be there again 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I'm like you, but there are people who very much prefer a surprise destination. But Lawson amd Tiff are so fake, that it's hard to know if the surprise is genuine or not.

I agree, some people totally prefer surprises! But the problem with fundies is that the man is supposed to decide everything (always, but esp. for these big romantic gestures). So I don't think it matters what Tiffany prefers.

To be honest at 22 Tiffany may not even know what she prefers, which is one more reason not to chain herself to a man who's always going to pretty much just do what he wants. And in this case not just cause they're fundie but just cause Lawson is a jerk who clearly doesn't really care about anyone but himself. 

5 hours ago, Sops2 said:

These two will definitely have some shouting match arguments when they are married

Haha don't we all though? 😅    Honestly I'd prefer shouting matches to her keeping sweet all the time. But yeah I have very low hopes for them as a married couple. I had thought they were the worst match until we saw how abusive the extended Clark family is. My only real hope for them is they don't have kids right away. 

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Whitney posted this photo at the rehearsal. 

Screenshot_20220511-211634_Instagram.jpg

Tiffany looks exhausted and mildly nauseous, which I suppose is par for the course when you're about to marry Lawson Bates.

Zach looks like your stereotypical Herman Cain Award winner, which I suppose it's a miracle he's not one.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic