IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 7: How Is This Going to Work?

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

No that’s Emily Ann Reynes. She’s got to be close to 30. She’s the nanny for the Collingsworth family and she has babysat Erin’s kids before. I think she has sung with Lawson a little. But nothing major. She’s known the Bateses for a long time. 

She is close to both Erin and Tori. She’s travelled with Erin before. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Wedding ceremony is over. The photographer posted “that’s a wrap” to her stories. Lawson is a married man 🤮

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 2

That seems like a very quick event! It looks like, from Instagram stories, people were arriving on the boat 3-4 hours ago, ceremony 2ish hours ago, and are now done and off the boat. Maybe it was just a ceremony and a brief meal or appetizers?

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, browngrl said:

What do people think? 

I think she is great for breaking the rules and doing what's best for her family. It's nice to see someone with boundaries in this giant family.

If you think about it, there are likely to be 19 weddings, which 18 siblings are supposed to attend. That means 342 times a sibling is supposed to block out the date, get dressed up, dress up his kids (or find a babysitter), buy a present, attend showers/bachelor parties, sit through a wedding and go home.

It's unlikely that's going to happen 342 times.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 3

Sneak peak of the wedding dress as seen in background of Trace 4855EDD3-3063-4433-830F-35E4BAA0167D.jpeg.4435cc6ce81b32157e6b50c289d0a08f.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 12

4 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Sneak peak of the wedding dress as seen in background of Trace 4855EDD3-3063-4433-830F-35E4BAA0167D.jpeg.4435cc6ce81b32157e6b50c289d0a08f.jpeg

What's the over/under on icky? On the one hand this is worse than Jinger and Jeremy in regard to the age gap, but on the other hand they have closer levels of life experience (or even Tiffany has more life experience than Lawson) and at least Tiffany has a means of escape via a supportive family and money of her own...

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

What's the over/under on icky? On the one hand this is worse than Jinger and Jeremy in regard to the age gap, but on the other hand they have closer levels of life experience (or even Tiffany has more life experience than Lawson) and at least Tiffany has a means of escape via a supportive family and money of her own...

I don’t think there’s any right or wrong opinion regarding acceptable age gaps (of adults!) and different perspectives are possible. So I’m not saying you’re wrong, just throwing in my two cents. 

For me, though, the age gap between Lawson and Tiffany or Jinger and Jeremy isn’t a huge problem. A few years seems pretty normal and I personally know of marriages with over a decade and a half difference and they work just fine.

The problem I see with fundy marriages is that one or both spouses often get married without much prior life experience and directly jump into having kids. But if they were just any random couple who got to know each other without their parents input and without courtship rules, I wouldn’t bat an eye at 5 years or even 10 years difference. Love happens and age doesn’t really play into it too much IMO. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

I don’t think the age gap is icky in this case. The issue to me is that Lawson has shown zero signs of maturity over the years I think chances are high they will get divorced. Lawson never seemed super in love with her. I’m sure there was a lot of pressure on him to find a bride, plus he loves being the center of attention. I think Lawson is in love with the idea of a wedding and the attention a wife and child can bring him. Reality is going to hit these two hard, especially when you throw in sleep deprivation with a baby and life without reality television. Maybe Lawson will suddenly grow up and stop being vain and shallow, but I wouldn’t count on it. 

• Upvote 32
  • I Agree 1

Honestly…like or dislike him, I’d be livid if I was Lawson and found out one of my brothers leaked the wedding dress picture.  There had to have been a family memo about not posting anything because even Carlin and Josie went radio silent after they were dressed for the wedding. Trace is the only one who kept posting. Even if he missed the memo someone in the family should have called him out on it.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

Lawson and tiff, to me, just seem to have Zero chemistry together. 

Oh and I just noticed  (from the pic) they had to have a holier  than thou flower cross instead of the stereotypical flower arbour… normally don’t roll my eyes at people’s religious choice but I do for fundies 

• Upvote 18

32 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Oh and I just noticed  (from the pic) they had to have a holier  than thou flower cross instead of the stereotypical flower arbour… normally don’t roll my eyes at people’s religious choice but I do for fundies 

They just seem like an act. Like they do everything for show. And it’s not authentic.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

I am a casual observer of the family and this marriage screams "convenience" to me.  Even the flower cross seems like it's for show.  Neither of them seem religious enough to warrant a giant cross at their wedding.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Ok, it is entirely on-brand for Lawson that his barber is one of his groomsmen.

I'm just more shocked he didn't have a mirror, or his iPhone as his best man.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 13

3 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

Honestly…like or dislike him, I’d be livid if I was Lawson and found out one of my brothers leaked the wedding dress picture.  There had to have been a family memo about not posting anything because even Carlin and Josie went radio silent after they were dressed for the wedding. Trace is the only one who kept posting. Even if he missed the memo someone in the family should have called him out on it.

Okay, he took down the photo, so someone talked to him about it. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Lawson is no longer a virgin!!😉😆🤪Ya'll can down vote me now😘

Poor Tiffany... probably lasted at most 2 minutes.

I'll see myself out.. 🤣

• Upvote 2
  • Move Along 1
  • Disgust 2
  • Haha 11
  • Love 2

31 minutes ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

Poor Tiffany... probably lasted at most 2 minutes.

I'll see myself out.. 🤣

Honestly, I don't want to imagine or visualise any of it. And I do write a lot of fanfic...

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, DalmatianCat said:

Okay, he took down the photo, so someone talked to him about it. 

I'm surprised that their fan pages didn't catch that, some are complaining that they didn't see them yet 😅

• Upvote 4

OK I’m gonna say it I really love the dress. This is my favorite dress out of all the Bates wedding so far.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

20 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

OK I’m gonna say it I really love the dress. This is my favorite dress out of all the Bates wedding so far.

Me too. I think its my favorite Bates dress. 

• Upvote 2

It is easily the most stylish. There is a legit bit of Nike in that slit.

Edited by Pecansforeveryone
  • Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

It is easily the most stylish. There is a legit bit of Nike in that slit.

More than a bit! Can't believe we're seeing that at a Bates wedding. Lawson sang a new song, so @HereticHick does not have to eat her hat. The wedding sounds very nice, without being tacky or over-the-top.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

The article accidentally has a link to a Dropbox with extra photos, including one that is definitely on the risque side. 

Spoiler

64y5ZMjw.thumb.jpeg.2667004e7da2af65a965aae397c57e13.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic