IGNORED

Webster4Eva 11: They don't know it's not vitally important to teach a 5 year old how to choose a man

HerNameIsBuffy

Does Alyssa ever drive alone from FL to SC/TN? Doesn’t she usually have a Bate’s  sibling in tow, generally a younger brother? I don’t think she does that drive alone.

I can understand missing the wedding d/t the cost involved. What’s unfortunate is she was the only sibling not in attendance. I‘m sure childcare really factored in. Wasn’t this a week day wedding?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Alyssa has travelled alone with kids several times before. I find it incredibly stressing to travel with 4 little kids without any other adult to help. There is a long way from Orlando to Bates home in TN. Some kids are fine spending long time in a car, but I doubt her 4 girls are like that. 

We're normally a flying family, but when we visit my ILs we have to drive because it's just logistically the better choice when you factor in the closest airport to us is 2 hours away and 2 hours from my ILs. My kids are 4 & 1 and are relatively good riders but even the 8.5 hrs to my ILs can be stressful. Still, it's not enough to not make us do it. I have a feeling that her kids are in the car enough for their day to day errands and little trips that they're probably used to it. My best friend literally CANNOT stay home. She has to go somewhere everyday, so she's the person who is always loading her kids up for errands even if it's just somewhere short. They're good riders because they're just used to being in the car. I loath car trips because I personally don't enjoy them, but my kids seem to be ok. 

• Upvote 4

So Alyssa posted pics of her Tennesee trip and no Lawson and Tiffany pictures, but pretty much everyone else and no pictures from Lawson/Tiffany either. They were defintiely all their together. Normally not a big deal but with the wedding skipping, makes you wonder if there is tension. 

Alyssa was also ha going out with Jana Duggar, apparently. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

So Alyssa posted pics of her Tennesee trip and no Lawson and Tiffany pictures, but pretty much everyone else and no pictures from Lawson/Tiffany either. They were defintiely all their together. Normally not a big deal but with the wedding skipping, makes you wonder if there is tension. 

Alyssa was also ha going out with Jana Duggar, apparently. 

Tiffany did comment on Alyssa’s latest post. It doesn’t seem that there was any falling out. 

• Upvote 5

37 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Alyssa and Erin will become much closer once Erin and Chad move to Florida. 

I agree. They seem cordial as is and the kids are close in age. I think they will appreciate being close. And Alyssa's kids will get to play with all the animals without Alyssa having to do the work of having a pet. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

On 7/10/2022 at 3:29 PM, Tatar-tot said:

Disney Princesses are not sitting around eating bonbons.  They all have tenacity and hustle.  Take a look at Mulan or Jasmine or Ariel or even Snow White.  They all exhibited some form of self preservation.  I see Tiffany doing the exact same thing.  

Why are we calling Tiff a Disney Princess? Isn't that a bit. . . condescending? Is there a reason behind it, besides the fact that she's worked for Disney? 

I can't believe it's a compliment. I have a friend  Tiff's age and if someone called her a "Disney Princess" I think she'd be hurt and angry. Also, I've never seen a man called a "Disney Prince."

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

On 7/13/2022 at 4:40 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Alyssa and Erin will become much closer once Erin and Chad move to Florida. 

Maybe. . . However, it's possible that their personalities are dissimilar and being physically closer won't change that. After all, they were pretty darned close in the Bates house, growing up!  Living in the same state doesn't make you friends.

• Upvote 1

Did anyone else see Alyssa at the beginning of her VLOG talk about how she doesn't like Lawson's dog? "I don't hate dogs, I just don't like that one. Get it away from me."  

What's the problem with Lawson's dog? 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Did anyone else see Alyssa at the beginning of her VLOG talk about how she doesn't like Lawson's dog? "I don't hate dogs, I just don't like that one. Get it away from me."  

What's the problem with Lawson's dog? 

I cannot stand untrained dogs. I figured Lawson’s dog was trained. My friend had a German Shepard that wasn’t trained. I couldn’t stand him. He was huge and jumped up on me all the time. He shoved his nose in my crotch very hard. He would jump up and try to steal your food off you plate. He barked very loud and often. He knocked over any and all small children. He was a nightmare. If Lawson’s dog is not trained, I would probably feel similarly to Alyssa. Very large untrained dogs are horrible. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I cannot stand untrained dogs. I figured Lawson’s dog was trained. My friend had a German Shepard that wasn’t trained. I couldn’t stand him. He was huge and jumped up on me all the time. He shoved his nose in my crotch very hard. He would jump up and try to steal your food off you plate. He barked very loud and often. He knocked over any and all small children. He was a nightmare. If Lawson’s dog is not trained, I would probably feel similarly to Alyssa. Very large untrained dogs are horrible. 

I know Lawson tried the same trainer Carlin and Evan used for their dog with Duke. He probably has behavioural issues just based on what Alyssa said. To me she seemed scared of the dog.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

4 minutes ago, llucie said:

I know Lawson tried the same trainer Carlin and Evan used for their dog with Duke. He probably has behavioural issues just based on what Alyssa said. To me she seemed scared of the dog.

Unpredictable large dogs are much scarier than unpredictable small dogs. I know people who will debate this but in my experience, it’s true. People leave unpredictable large dogs alone with children and then are surprised who the dog takes a huge gash out of the child. I know small dogs can bite just as easily as large dogs. I’ve met plenty of small dogs who snap and nip and bite to know this is true. But a larger mouth with larger teeth will do more damage. That’s fact. I don’t think people should leave kids alone with unpredictable dogs whether they are big, medium, or small. All sizes can hurt the kid. But the big ones will do more damage and people should be extremely careful with them. I can’t imagine what they will do with the dog once Tiffany has a baby. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

On 7/18/2022 at 1:05 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Is Lawson's dog even living with them in Nashville, or is he still back in Rocky Top (with Lawson's horse? Even if he is with them, they travel so much someone else  must take care of him a lot.  Even if Lawson's dog was sent away to training, I wouldn't be surprised if Lawson has failed to do the necessary follow up reinforcement training.

tl; dr: Lawson's dog training may be as half-assed as his music career.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 10:19 PM, HereticHick said:

Is Lawson's dog even living with them in Nashville, or is he still back in Rocky Top (with Lawson's horse? Even if he is with them, they travel so much someone else  must take care of him a lot.  Even if Lawson's dog was sent away to training, I wouldn't be surprised if Lawson has failed to do the necessary follow up reinforcement training.

tl; dr: Lawson's dog training may be as half-assed as his music career.

The dog is still at the big house at the moment, but they plan to bring it with them to their new house once they fence the backyard. No mention of the horse.

By the way Alyssa did a interview with her mom in her last video and i found it quite interesting. She answered about how it was for her and Gil when Alyssa first started wearing pants. and other family stuff.

• Upvote 5

I thought KJ Q&A was interesting. Alyssa's YouTube channel is floundering big time and her best watched videos are ones with her family and I bet she is hoping the Q&A will give her a boost. 

• Upvote 4

One interesting thing Kelly said was that how she doesn’t like when people say her big children helped raise her little children, because that wasn’t the case. In the same video she was like it was great when the oldest turned 3 so they could help me during diaper changes. 
🤦🏻‍♀️

• Upvote 14
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Haha 8
  • Thank You 1

8 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

One interesting thing Kelly said was that how she doesn’t like when people say her big children helped raise her little children, because that wasn’t the case. In the same video she was like it was great when the oldest turned 3 so they could help me during diaper changes. 
🤦🏻‍♀️

I guess she forgot that Michael potty trained all her little ones. She’s right though. It was mostly just Michael that raised the kids with Kelly and Gil. The rest of the older ones were in charge of laundry, cooking, cleaning, and yard work. That way Kelly and Michael could focus on taking care of the younger ones. And she forgets that a lot of the kids basically had to raise themselves. No older buddy to help them. They were just on their own. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

🤦🏻‍♀️

If you see Alyssa's face when Kelly says this, it's great.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

6 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I thought KJ Q&A was interesting. Alyssa's YouTube channel is floundering big time and her best watched videos are ones with her family and I bet she is hoping the Q&A will give her a boost. 

I really liked her answer about how she felt about Alyssa wearing pants. It was honest but also showed flexibility, growth and love. She may be a fundie, but that is exactly what you want to strive for with adult kids. You want love them unconditionally as they make their own decisions. I think a lot of adult child/parent conflicts are about that very thing--parents who cannot accept their kids are making different choices.

I think the Duggars fail here. I can see why the Bates kids seem much happier than the Duggar kids. They live within a toxic, misogynist worldview, true, but they know they are able to make their own decision and their parents will still love them.

I remember Jinger Duggar saying that Michelle tried to pressure her back into skirts--by relating that old, tired story about the bikini and the lawnmower, and using other pressure tactics as well. The Duggars seem far less willing to accept that their kids are adults and will make their own decisions.

• Upvote 5

I think it’s insanely ridiculous that pants are even an issue big enough to talk about. 🙄🙄🙄

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 9

36 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

I remember Jinger Duggar saying that Michelle tried to pressure her back into skirts--by relating that old, tired story about the bikini and the lawnmower, and using other pressure tactics as well. The Duggars seem far less willing to accept that their kids are adults and will make their own decisions.

When did Jinger discuss this, I completely missed it. The only time I recall Jinger addressing wearing pants was when she talked to Michelle about her decision and cried. Michelle lied through her teeth and said it wasn’t an issue.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Guess what guys! My dad hates tattoos with a passion. All three of his kids have tattoos. It’s a complete non issue. I would never even think to interview my dad about our tattoos. Because it’s that insignificant. 

• Upvote 13

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Guess what guys! My dad hates tattoos with a passion. All three of his kids have tattoos. It’s a complete non issue. I would never even think to interview my dad about our tattoos. Because it’s that insignificant. 

I’m going to new a videoed Q&A asap!  🤣

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I really liked her answer about how she felt about Alyssa wearing pants. It was honest but also showed flexibility, growth and love. She may be a fundie, but that is exactly what you want to strive for with adult kids. You want love them unconditionally as they make their own decisions. I think a lot of adult child/parent conflicts are about that very thing--parents who cannot accept their kids are making different choices.

I think the Duggars fail here. I can see why the Bates kids seem much happier than the Duggar kids. They live within a toxic, misogynist worldview, true, but they know they are able to make their own decision and their parents will still love them.

On things like pants, yes. And Kelly is certainly more engaging. But if one of her kids decided to convert to Catholicism or become a Mormon, or marry a Jewish person or a Hindu, or register as a Democrat, or support reproductive rights? I don't see Kelly smiling so much.

As I'm writing this I reminded myself of a conversation with an ex-Amish woman who told me that in her (admittedly on the more liberal end of the spectrum) community, parents stop the shunning and welcome their errant kids back in their lives when the grandchildren are born. Because, she said, they hope to be able to influence the grandchildren to come back into the fold. For what that's worth.

• Upvote 9

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic