IGNORED

Webster4Eva 11: They don't know it's not vitally important to teach a 5 year old how to choose a man

HerNameIsBuffy

Josie had serious complications with Hazel but as that all turned out fine, she will probably keep going despite the risks to the baby with whatever this condition is that she has. 

I don't know about that because Josie was told that her condition could get worse with each pregnancy. She is also married to someone who had their mother die in childbirth and it clearly still effects him since he was scared for Josie to have an epidural because of it.

• Upvote 7

Is there something called elementary school fever? Because I like this age where my kids are in elementary school. And I feel like once they go to middle school, I’m going to be really sad. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

On the topic of baby fever and being sad when the little ones outgrow their stages, I just gave birth to our first, a little over 2 weeks ago, and I’m already getting so sad about her growing and changing! And feel a bit crazy admitting that I miss being pregnant and already am looking forward to (hopefully) a future pregnancy, haha. Maybe I can blame it on the hormones. 🥲

• Upvote 2
  • Love 17

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Is there something called elementary school fever? Because I like this age where my kids are in elementary school. And I feel like once they go to middle school, I’m going to be really sad. 

Not sure about the age of the elementary school children in your country, but if it's 6-8, I agree they are delightful at that age! They way they play, they talk, how conciously affectionate they are... It's enterely posible to have "child fever"!

I had baby fever for years before being a mother. I had baby fever again when my eldest was at school. Now I have a little nephew and some relatives assume that holding him will cause me baby fever... but it does not work that way. Women are not a non-stop baby factory. My body and mind were full at 2!

Just now, Keys said:

On the topic of baby fever and being sad when the little ones outgrow their stages, I just gave birth to our first, a little over 2 weeks ago, and I’m already getting so sad about her growing and changing! And feel a bit crazy admitting that I miss being pregnant and already am looking forward to (hopefully) a future pregnancy, haha. Maybe I can blame it on the hormones. 🥲

Dear Keys, it's normal! But believe me, in a year your baby will be walking and the idea of having another baby will start to sound slighty scaring haha! Congratulations for your baby and hope you are recovering!

• Love 3

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hate to say it, but it is true. Elementary school is the golden time. It never gets that good again. There's a lot less parental involvement, fewer volunteer opportunities, hardly any invitations to come see adorable plays in the middle of the day. In middle school, adolescence rears its ugly head, which means kids are more stressed. Enjoy this time!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

My youngest is going to be 6 this week and it has hit me hard that I will never a "little kid" again. Not enough to have another baby, but I am defintirly feeling the hands of time, doesn't help that the oldest is also now a pre-teen.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 8

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I like little kids, but have found with my GD I really love the young elementary school ages.

• Upvote 5

Although I love babies, I was so happy to be out of the baby stage with my youngest. Babies, toddlers, and preschoolers are hard for me. Even though they are insanely cute and funny as all get out. They are just completely exhausting to me. Now that my kids are in elementary school (ages 7 & 9), I am able to finally breathe. My 7 year old can still be a lot because of his personality and quirks. But it’s not constant like it used to be. I’m sure I will be bawling my eyes out when my youngest graduates from elementary school. 

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Dear Keys, it's normal! But believe me, in a year your baby will be walking and the idea of having another baby will start to sound slighty scaring haha! Congratulations for your baby and hope you are recovering!

Thank you!! 💜 haha, I can imagine! Right now our lives revolve around her, and we try to sleep when she’s sleeping etc, so right now I can’t imagine how hard it’d be to care for another little while also caring for a newborn!

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Keys said:

On the topic of baby fever and being sad when the little ones outgrow their stages, I just gave birth to our first, a little over 2 weeks ago, and I’m already getting so sad about her growing and changing! And feel a bit crazy admitting that I miss being pregnant and already am looking forward to (hopefully) a future pregnancy, haha. Maybe I can blame it on the hormones. 🥲

The hormones are real, man. With my first I cried when we left the hospital because I was like: He will never be just born and this little again! And felt really sad that the first milestone was passed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

On a Lawson/Tiffany and Alyssa note, any pictures of them interacting this past weekend? Tiffany and Lawson posted stories with Erin and Zach's kids but that is it and Alyssa has been silent this trip (maybe saving it all for the of). On one hand, Lawson. Is definitrly closest to Zach and Erin but with the wedding stuff, it is interesting if we are zero interaction once Alyssa photo dumps/does her YouTube. 

• Upvote 2

If I lived out of state and had 18 fucking siblings and a million nieces and nephews, I would be like, “ok I’m gonna be at mom and dad’s on this day. Please come by and visit because I can’t drive all over the place to everyone’s houses to visit.”

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4

27 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If I lived out of state and had 18 fucking siblings and a million nieces and nephews, I would be like, “ok I’m gonna be at mom and dad’s on this day. Please come by and visit because I can’t drive all over the place to everyone’s houses to visit.”

Lawson and Tiffany seem to have been staying at the Big House. No idea where Alyssa is staying. They were both defintirly in town and they both went over to Erin's to at with the piglets. 

As I said, it's not all that weird that Lawson is only posting pics of Erin and Zach's kids as he is obviously the closest to them/their kids. But with the wedding speculation, I defintiely noticed. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just hope she isn’t coming to Tennessee to announce #5!

I don't think John is with her and I know she came last summer alone with the girls, so I think this is just a summer trip. I hope. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

I don't know about that because Josie was told that her condition could get worse with each pregnancy. She is also married to someone who had their mother die in childbirth and it clearly still effects him since he was scared for Josie to have an epidural because of it.

I don't follow the Bates closely. Would anyone mind briefly explaining what complications Josie has been experiencing? 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, marshmallow said:

I don't follow the Bates closely. Would anyone mind briefly explaining what complications Josie has been experiencing? 

It had something to do with her making antibodies that she shouldn't be making that meant her body might abort the baby. And I don't think its the same thing that people with negative blood types get in the normal routine of pregnancy. Its something else, something very unusual. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Doesn’t Josie also have the clotting issue her sisters have but is allergic to the usual medicine? 

Edited by Mrs Ms
Talking about Josie in the Alyssa thread. “She”
  • Upvote 2

My grandfather was the oldest of 14; of the siblings, only one had 3.  A few had 2, a few had one, at least one had none.  But the ones who had the least children were the brothers, so I am thinking there was a fertility thing there.  My grandfather's first wife got him to marry her by telling him she was pregnant, then she had the handy "miscarriage". Surprise, he divorced her.  My mother was adopted, so he didn't father any children and I can think of two other brothers who didn't. It was a close family and we had reunions every year, so I knew all of them.  Several sisters only had one.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

The hormones are real, man. With my first I cried when we left the hospital because I was like: He will never be just born and this little again! And felt really sad that the first milestone was passed. 

Oh my gosh yes! I could have written this myself. I cried soooo much in the first two weeks about her growing bigger and the pregnancy/birth being over; apart from that, half the time I didn’t even know why I was crying. We also had a very rocky time leading up to delivery that included my husband being quite unwell and receiving medical treatment while I developed complications, so that’s added to it as well. Have only started feeling more “normal” hormonally in the last few days, thankfully. 

5 hours ago, marshmallow said:

You know how early in pregnancy and again in the second trimester, they do a blood test for your blood type, as well as for antibodies? Her antibodies were positive, which means there are certain antibodies present in her blood that can be against the baby’s blood. That means the antibodies can attack the baby’s red blood cells, leading to severe anemia in the baby with risk of severe swelling (called hydrops) and death of baby, on the extreme end. You can develop antibodies against Rh positive blood if you’re Rh negative (which is why Rh negative moms receive Rhogam around 28 weeks), but there are lots of other antibodies the blood can develop, too. Oftentimes it will come from a transfusion, but sometimes they can develop without a specific known cause. Requires testing the level of antibodies present in the blood regularly throughout pregnancy, and close monitoring of babe with ultrasound with dopplers to monitor for signs of developing anemia. There are specialized OBs who can give baby a blood transfusion while in utero if need be. But there are a lot of risks to the pregnancy with maternal antibodies. I hope that makes sense!

• Thank You 9

12 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

Doesn’t Josie also have the clotting issue her sisters have but is allergic to the usual medicine? 

She does. She said she is allergic to the heparin shots.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

1 minute ago, llucie said:

She does. She said she is allergic to the heparin shots.

It’s almost as if god is telling her to have a small family 🙄

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I think Alyssa not going to Lawson's wedding is nothing more than finances and logistics. It costs a lot of money just to take even two people from FL to CA by the time you factor in airport parking, flights, rental cars or ubers/taxis, hotels, meals, etc. That's a lot of money, not to mention if you add on the expense of taking the kids too. If they don't take the kids they have to find childcare, and while John's family is all in FL there are a lot of logistics involved in getting someone to watch FOUR little kids. When they go to TN they usually drive and stay with family, they probably eat a lot of meals at home. That is a significant difference in how much a trip home to TN costs vs flying your family to CA and staying in hotels. 

Just for giggles I decided to search for two people from the East Coast (where I live) to CA for 5 days. I even picked the larger airport an extra hour from me to skew results for more/cheaper flight options. For two people the cheapest flight options were $1200 ($600ish/each). A mid-range hotel ranged $800-$1200. That was just flights + hotel before any other misc items were factored in. So you're looking at $2400 just to get there and stay, for two people. That's a lot of money, and sure she spends money on endless McDonald's coffee and clothes for her kids, but that's her choice. That age old saying of "it's rude to count other people's money". I'm the person who would make it work to attend my sibling's wedding no matter what - but I also only have two siblings. I'd imagine when you have that many, and there's ALWAYS a shower/wedding/party of some sort, they become less of a priority to you.

• Upvote 9

Alyssa has travelled alone with kids several times before. I find it incredibly stressing to travel with 4 little kids without any other adult to help. There is a long way from Orlando to Bates home in TN. Some kids are fine spending long time in a car, but I doubt her 4 girls are like that. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Alyssa has travelled alone with kids several times before. I find it incredibly stressing to travel with 4 little kids without any other adult to help. There is a long way from Orlando to Bates home in TN. Some kids are fine spending long time in a car, but I doubt her 4 girls are like that. 

My kids are prone to carsickness and throw up often. I personally have never traveled alone with them more than an hour in the car. I need my husband to help with the barf bags while I’m driving. I can’t drive and make sure my seven year old doesn’t miss the bag. He missed it a few months ago and it was a disaster. We ended up in my parents’ front yard hosing him, the car seat, and the floor mats off while he cried. Lovely memory…

• Upvote 2
  • Love 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic