IGNORED

Webster4Eva 11: They don't know it's not vitally important to teach a 5 year old how to choose a man

HerNameIsBuffy

On 8/26/2022 at 8:16 PM, Mama Mia said:

I was shocked to learn she’s only 29 - so she has a long road ahead in stirring up whirlwinds of nuts. 

Daaamn...I don't like to comment on women's countenances, but...that is a HARD 29.

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/29/2022 at 6:22 AM, HereticHick said:

Daaamn...I don't like to comment on women's countenances, but...that is a HARD 29.

I'd stick to your rule. The fact that she's a crazy nut doesn't make it ok to be ageist and sexist.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Another baby for Alyssa, what a surprise.

Although the announcement does hint that this will be the last one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiK1sT_OjfF/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

They say it's the "Grand Finale." That's more than a hint!

Honestly, I"m surprised. She seems overwhelmed with the four she has. Also, I thought she wanted to be done with kids in her forties? This one will be about 12 when she turns 40.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

They say it's the "Grand Finale." That's more than a hint!

Honestly, I"m surprised. She seems overwhelmed with the four she has. Also, I thought she wanted to be done with kids in her forties? This one will be about 12 when she turns 40.

If this is another girl it would not suprise me if there will be a ‘post credit scene’ at some point

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 21
  • I Agree 7

2 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

If this is another girl it would not suprise me if there will be a ‘post credit scene’ at some point

LOL, didn't think of that.

Actually, I think she likes the idea of five girls. All in matching dresses (although I suspect Allie will resist this eventually).

I know the thought is that they want a boy. But I've never heard them say that out loud, though I might have missed it.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 3

Boy or girl, either way I think there will be 6 kids. If it’s a girl they’ll try for a boy, and if it’s a boy, they’ll try for a brother. 

Im betting she is fairly far along. I’ve been thinking she’s PG for awhile. Have we heard if they have the puppy? Alyssa PG with a puppy, I can’t see it.

I think 6 has always been their number-

• Upvote 13

43 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

know the thought is that they want a boy. But I've never heard them say that out loud, though I might have missed it.

In the past Alyssa has said that John doesn’t care but she would really like to have a boy.

• Upvote 7

Boy or girl, either way I think there will be 6 kids. If it’s a girl they’ll try for a boy, and if it’s a boy, they’ll try for a brother. 
Im betting she is fairly far along. I’ve been thinking she’s PG for awhile. Have we heard if they have the puppy? Alyssa PG with a puppy, I can’t see it.
I think 6 has always been their number-

I wonder if she’s far enough along to KNOW it’s a boy hence the “grand finale” theme? Did she give a due date or any clues? I didn’t watch the video
  • Upvote 12

7 minutes ago, Heidijoey said:

I wonder if she’s far enough along to KNOW it’s a boy hence the “grand finale” theme? Did she give a due date or any clues? I didn’t watch the video

I suppose it is possible she had a blood test. Which can be done much earlier than an ultrasound.

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, Heidijoey said:

I only watched part of the video (after I commented). I didn’t hear them say when she was due. At this point, a boy would really change things. Their home isn’t really conducive to having more than 4, young kids. I guess they could turf A/L downstairs, but they already made that lovely, flowery, pink room. I’ll admit, if I was fundie, had money, 4 girls and had a boy, I’d likely try for a second boy- but I’m none of those things. I’d have never had kid 4-

• Upvote 3

Color me NOT SURPRISED. And if any of you are actually surprised, I hope you've learned your lesson for when they announce #6 in the future, especially if it's another girl. I was guessing it because she hasn't been active recently, in fundie world when someone takes a break from posting there seems to be a high change of another bun in the oven.

"If it's a boy we have to start over and relearn parenting" - news flash John, there isn't much of a difference with babies based on their chromosomes.

I don't understand what they mean when they say "this is it", "grand finale", "this time for real" etc - unless they confirm using long-term birth control (such as vasectomy, tubes tied, IUD, even BC implant) or are otherwise actively preventing, those phrases don't mean anything. In the past they implied use of non-hormonal, non-invasive BC such as NFP which gives more flexibility to future decisions, and said "we'll see". I will not believe it unless it's a boy, and even after that they may want a brother for him.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

Well, I'm sure Allie is really pulling her weight (and the others') as sister mom during this pregnancy.  I do hope there aren't many more.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2

I think she's known for a while that she's PG. Recently she's been cutting back a lot on IG, citing "not enough interactions" from her followers because IG is "hiding" her content. Maybe that's just an excuse to hide her early pregnancy symptoms? At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if she gave birth earlier than Katie. 

• Upvote 6

40 minutes ago, freethemall said:

"If it's a boy we have to start over and relearn parenting" - news flash John, there isn't much of a difference with babies based on their chromosomes.

Right? Dear Rufus, it's not like they have been parenting 4 parakeets and then suddenly find out they are going to have an octopus. Geez. But I guess in fundieworld, it may as well be. 

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 26

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I suppose it is possible she had a blood test. Which can be done much earlier than an ultrasound.

Katie already had the blood test. I think Alyssa knows it's a boy and that is why they are saying last baby. 

I think Whitney and Tiffany are both pregnant and haven't announced yet, so we could be in for a Bates baby explosion. 

She says Spring, but that could be any time from March to June. Alyssa tends to announce later than her sisters, so I think she is at least as far along as Katie and due in early March. 

59 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I only watched part of the video (after I commented). I didn’t hear them say when she was due. At this point, a boy would really change things. Their home isn’t really conducive to having more than 4, young kids. I guess they could turf A/L downstairs, but they already made that lovely, flowery, pink room. I’ll admit, if I was fundie, had money, 4 girls and had a boy, I’d likely try for a second boy- but I’m none of those things. I’d have never had kid 4-

I had two boys and a girl and gave some thought to trying for another girl but couldn't stomach another high risk pregnancy or manage another baby. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

Going back to the puppy conversation, I could see them keeping the dog but making it an outdoor only dog. If that’s the case I hope they rehome it rather than neglecting it. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Heidijoey said:

She said they agreed to take the dog before knowing she was pregnant, thinking they were done with kids. Implied baby was an accident. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

Just now, Giraffe said:

Going back to the puppy conversation, I could see them keeping the dog but making it an outdoor only dog. If that’s the case I hope they rehome it rather than neglecting it. 

I would feel very sorry for an outdoor dog in Florida. I hope they just say they can’t take it anymore and Katie finds a different family. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would feel very sorry for an outdoor dog in Florida. I hope they just say they can’t take it anymore and Katie finds a different family. 

Same. I really hope they don’t make the assumption that the dog will “adjust” to that kind of heat. 

• Upvote 2

In the video it really seems like this was an oops baby and at least when most of the filming was done they didn't know the sex. Is the grand finale thing perhaps because they told everyone their previous baby was their last and this is now definitely definitely their last? Alyssa comes across as not wanting to be pregnant ever again and hoping it is a girl so she doesn't feel like she has to have another baby so the boy has a brother.

• Upvote 5

For the life of me I can not understand the women who are sicker than dogs while PG, and with a houseful of kids and an obsession with neatness and order continuing to get PG.   In my logical mind this makes zero sense. Does anyone really think John ( while working FT) and with Ally’s help Is maintaining their home, diet, laundry, the girls’ appearance to Alyssa’s standards? I’m betting that’s a tense home environment. 

In terms of the dog, since they promised the girls a dog, I hope they don’t use the baby as an excuse why they aren’t getting the dog. That could only build resentment toward that new baby.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic