IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 43: One in Jail, Another Made Bail, and a Senate Election Fail

HerNameIsBuffy

I am shocked that Derrick was so explicit in publicly professing how he views his father-in-law! Not shocked in a bad way, just extremely surprised that he came out with his gloves on and: “Wham-Pow! Take that Jim Bob!”

I’m not even sure what this means: “Contrary to his campaign, he does not believe in freedom, but his manipulation has resulted in what is akin to human trafficking”, but making this comparison sounds very damning.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

8 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I did notice that none of the married Duggar fathers have made any comments at all. In addition, they all avoided attending the trial.

We know he and Paul Caldwell split last year. Of course they pretend to still be friends but after all this, I really doubt they are still as close as they used to be. I wish we knew what some of the other in-laws are thinking right now. Remember how the Wissmanns were knocking doors for Jed Duggar? They are pretty quiet about their support for JB. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Derrick is flat out of fucks to give. With every response he's just saying over and over "Fuck you Jimblob you lying sack of shit who fucked your daughters over to protect your golden boy and cash flow". 

Rapidly becoming a Derrick humper. There's a spirit in him that I really like. He's definitely got Jill's back (and her front and both sides). I think he is raging PISSED now that the truth has come out about what happened to the girls. I really don't think the Dillard boys will bear any resemblance to the Duggar boys in any way, shape or form. #TeamDillard

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, Cam said:

I am shocked that Derrick was so explicit in publicly professing how he views his father-in-law! Not shocked in a bad way, just extremely surprised that he came out with his gloves on and: “Wham-Pow! Take that Jim Bob!”

I’m not even sure what this means: “Contrary to his campaign, he does not believe in freedom, but his manipulation has resulted in what is akin to human trafficking”, but making this comparison sounds very damning.

I think he’s referencing the way the kids have been forced to work on the show for years and how he’s maneuvered it so he legally is the one paid. I mean, he’s not wrong. It is child labor.

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Amy has quickly gone back to being Famy. 

The next Duggar wedding will be interesting. 

Hannah Wissmann, are you sure you wanna marry into this shitshow??

• Upvote 17
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 4

24 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Derrick is flat out of fucks to give. With every response he's just saying over and over "Fuck you Jimblob you lying sack of shit who fucked your daughters over to protect your golden boy and cash flow". 

Rapidly becoming a Derrick humper. There's a spirit in him that I really like. He's definitely got Jill's back (and her front and both sides). I think he is raging PISSED now that the truth has come out about what happened to the girls. I really don't think the Dillard boys will bear any resemblance to the Duggar boys in any way, shape or form. #TeamDillard

If he keeps spreading his wings, so to speak, broadening his horizon, it isn't impossible that he'll also continue to broaden his views on the diversity of All God's Children...

It might take a long time, but when I look back over the past 25 years, I can see how a lot of people I know changed their perspective as they grew to better understand the world outside their little niche. And after all, it's so much nicer to love and appreciate everyone than to cut down and condemn them. The kids will help them see that, I think.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Just now, backyard sylph said:

It might take a long time, but when I look back over the past 25 years, I can see how a lot of people I know changed their perspective as they grew to better understand the world outside their little niche. And after all, it's so much nicer to love and appreciate everyone than to cut down and condemn them. The kids will help them see that, I think.

There's hope for everyone. 30 years ago I was a raging conservative Ditto Head, trad Catholic. I'd have been maybe the same age as Jill & Derrick at that time...late 20's, early 30's. Look how far I've come in 25-30 years. 

• Upvote 31
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

I don't think there's any sour grapes over the relationship. They seem like a pretty stable couple. Remember, Derick is the one who has had her back through all of this, supported her, and helped her. You can love someone beyond reason and detest their parents/siblings/what have you. 

And I'm guessing that his mother and sibling/spouse have been supportive and provided her a better model of kinship.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

27 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Normally I would tell people they should marry who they want, even if the family they are marrying into is horrible. But it’s different in a cult. It’s different when one family has lived 17 years of their lives on tv. It’s different when one family knowingly harbored a predictor and didn’t protect the female family members. In a mainstream family, Hannah would talk to Jer about placing major boundaries with his family. But I doubt that will happen with this fundie couple. JB controls so much. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Peaches1981 said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question. What does the J.D. mean? 🤷‍♀️

J.D. stands for Juris Doctor. It means that he has a law degree.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m pretty sure she means Jana sister momming all the time. And now having to watch her nieces and nephews.

I'm sure that's what she was referencing but her statement was saying others shouldn't ask Jana to watch the kids. If she wants to be more clear she can be. Most of us have to work to support and feed our children. I don't know anyone who can make a choice to be a stay-at-home mom or not.

1 hour ago, Peaches1981 said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question. What does the J.D. mean? 🤷‍♀️

@Destiny already answered but I’m jumping in to say you didn’t ask a dumb question. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

You’re right and you know - I get it!  He loves his wife and he just heard that not only did they allow abuse, so much worse abuse than they had ever been told, to occur for YEARS, but he also lied on the stand about his daughter’s abuse, pretending to have a lapse in memory to protect his deranged golden child.  So let’s see - they had to sue to get the money they had earned, he lied to the daughters and downplayed their abuse, forced them to go on TV and downplay their own abuse some more, left their abuser in the house to continue abusing them, continued to protect his deviant son at the expense of his daughters, lied on the stand both about not remembering the abuse, but also about Bobye being an “elder” in the church, and I’m sure there’s much much more. 

Yeah, if I were Derrick, I wouldn’t give a flying fuck about offending JB.  I’d be as over it as he seems to be.  

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 16

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Can you link please?  I have to leave work now and this is kind of making me want to stay and google, but I have to pick up my kid.  Please?

Sorry it was a screenshot and now I can’t find it. 

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

There's hope for everyone. 30 years ago I was a raging conservative Ditto Head, trad Catholic. I'd have been maybe the same age as Jill & Derrick at that time...late 20's, early 30's. Look how far I've come in 25-30 years. 

I was Republican red practicing Catholic at that time too. Now I’m a UU and 100% socially liberal,and so much less judgmental. Heck I voted for W, ugh-

• Upvote 10
  • Love 4

OMG the comments on Jed!'s FB post are hilarious!  Definitely worth a few minutes of your time to go take a look.  Apparently he was deleting negative ones but must have given up because there are now hundreds.  I did not see a single positive in the ones I read.

Edited by Queen Of Hearts
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Any word on the polls?

They close in 9 minutes.  Only about 45 k registered voters so count should be quick.

• Upvote 5

JimBlob for Senate blocked comments after a flood of FU comments. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Any word on the polls?

The polls are just getting ready to close but I looked at the news there and there is a much higher turnout than normal.  I find that interesting.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I admit I haven't followed Derrick's public statements in the interim between Scandal 2.0 and now, so I don't know how much of this is just him being a decent human being who loves his wife and now recognizes the entire family system as abusive.

At the same time, because I'm fairly sure he'd judge me as a filthy heathen, not sure I can really hump over him being a protective husband.  It seems like kinda the bare minimum for what we'd hope a decent spouse would do.  Totally loving what Reddit is called "messy Derrick" because he's speaking truths that need to be said right now, but we'll see if he can learn some tolerance as well as the ability to condemn true, damaging wrongs for what they are.

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Derick!!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 I can’t believe I’m saying this, but today I love him. 

20EAFD0F-5372-4349-AB05-F00B88E447A9.png

Derrick forgot to say that he also lied in a court of law.  I appreciate Derrick for his support of Jill.  Who knew that it would be Jill that freed herself with the help of Derrick.  

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

maybe its the boy marrying into the wissmann family and it is him to leave and cleave?

• Upvote 3

• HerNameIsBuffy changed the title to Duggars by the Dozen 43: One in Jail, Another Made Bail, and a Senate Election Fail
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic