IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 43: One in Jail, Another Made Bail, and a Senate Election Fail

HerNameIsBuffy

1 minute ago, SisterCupcake said:

I remember just 2 weeks ago right before the trial started that I found out a coworker of mine followed the Duggars like I did and wanted to discuss them over lunch. I was STOKED! Then I realized my knowledge was much much more in depth and didn’t know whether to be excited to share it or ashamed that I, also an almost middle-aged woman from the Midwest, know so much about this family and their circle! Hahaha

I discovered a similar connection with someone I know online, in a totally different, art based community. She is into the Reddit subs, but as far as I can tell has a similar level of interest and knowledge haha. 

• Upvote 14

2 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I’m thinking at least Mrs. Reber was a no vote on JB (if she voted). She probably didn’t want to support the poop pile who spawned her perve house guest. 

Perve house guest couldn't support him and that's a few percentage points right there.

• Upvote 6

Twenty-seven votes? Seventeen? What are they voting for..hall monitor?   It gives me no small amount of pleasure to see that the Democratic female candidate is wiping the floor with the Republican candidates. May it continue into the general election. 

• Upvote 24
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

46 minutes ago, karenb4729 said:

Hahaha - Unger who is currently in the lead has this as part of his platform:

"Prison reform is an issue the state needs to tackle much more effectively, Unger said. In particular ,prisoners need job options when they get out.

"Now they're going right back to the environments they came from," he said."

Now I can’t get Tony Randall out every time I see the name Unger

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

I believe these are the early voting/absentee votes. No reports yet from polling locations.

Early/absentee votes are rarely a representative sample.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6

1 minute ago, Phyllis_Stein said:

I believe these are the early voting/absentee votes. No reports yet from polling locations.

Early/absentee votes are rarely a representative sample.

And you know Duggar family, in-laws and hangers on were all the early votes… aka all 27 so far! 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2

Just now, HoneyBunny said:

Twenty-seven votes? Seventeen? What are they voting for..hall monitor?   It gives me no small amount of pleasure to see that the Democratic female candidate is wiping the floor with the Republican candidates. May it continue into the general election. 

Only thing is the Democrats only have a total of 183 votes compared to the Republicans have 202 votes.  They will have the final election in Jan or Feb.  Tonight each party is just voting on who will represent them in the final election.  They may need to have a runoff on the Republican candidate is someone doesn't get more than 50% of the vote.  The final election may be a tight race between the parties.

4 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

😂 When I was in HS we did the Odd Couple as one of our plays. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Just now, Kayleigh83 said:

And you know Duggar family, in-laws and hangers on were all the early votes… aka all 27 so far! 

Did Josh get convicted before or after early voting closed?

And has Michelle been seen at all since the trial? Save for one whine fest over Counting On was canceled she has been on radio silence. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Did Josh get convicted before or after early voting closed?

Early voting started the day after  Josh was convicted.

Edited by karenb4729
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

He lost.  13.37%

He did beat Edge, who should really do some soul searching tonight.

Ooops, sorry!  

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

It's times like these where I wonder why...

Why a middle aged woman in a suburb of Chicago is watching a state senate race in Arkansas with strangers from all over the world discussing not only a candidate but half their voting base by name!

Seriously....why do I know things about these people?  My face hurts from laughing so hard.

Tis the season for wonder.  Here am I, a 60 year old California lib, checking the results and wondering how many times JB voted for himself!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 14
  • Love 3

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

He lost.  13.37%

Is that a final vote count? I think its just a preliminary early/mail in count. It hasn't changed in a long time.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

He lost.  13.37%

If he comes in third I'll be pissed

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Is that a final vote count? I think its just a preliminary early/mail in count. It hasn't changed in a long time.

No, that's just the mail in ballots, the precinct ballots haven't come in yet.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

31 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

God I loved that show, especially Oscar Madison-

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Oh precincts are starting to come in now.

I might be wrong and it's still mail in because precincts still who 0%.

Edited by karenb4729
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I just never thought I’d see the Duggar house of cards fall. Part of me still doesn’t really believe it’s all real. The guts it took Derrick to speak out so loudly and publicly is astonishing! 

I hope all this opens enough of a fissure that more of (all of, I wish) the kids start to escape.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 17

4 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

https://results.enr.clarityelections.com/AR/111694/web.278093/#/summary is showing Jim Bob at 15.34% and 456 votes. Still in third, less than half the votes of 2nd place.

He will need at least 51% in order to be the Republican candidate for the final election.  It requires a majority to become the candidate otherwise there will be a runoff for the party candidate.  I highly doubt he will get 51%

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Colby Fulfer is the Republican winner of the Primary.. 

JB came in third. 

Considering he was polling in the lead, the conviction had a major impact on the election.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 13
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, karenb4729 said:

He will need at least 51% in order to be the Republican candidate for the final election.  It requires a majority to become the candidate otherwise there will be a runoff for the party candidate.  I highly doubt he will get 51%

Wouldn't a runoff be with the top two? Doesn't look like he's got any shot of even making that.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TuringMachine said:

Wouldn't a runoff be with the top two? Doesn't look like he's got any shot of even making that.

Yes, that's what I meant when I said the top 2 candidates of the party.  JB came in 3rd so he is DONE and won't be in the runoff

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 7

Oh looks like 270towin is calling Fulfer and Unger as the "winners", I assume that means both are going to a runoff election.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

• HerNameIsBuffy changed the title to Duggars by the Dozen 43: One in Jail, Another Made Bail, and a Senate Election Fail
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic