IGNORED

Jana Duggar 14: Child Endangerment Charges and Howlers Supporting Her Via Meme

HerNameIsBuffy

3 hours ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Yes, LE may feel they can finally deal with the Duggars now that Jim Bob has been severely wounded by the full truth coming out about Josh.  "I'm not going to allow it!'  Oh, shut up, shithead, you have no power here.

A little off topic, but I looked up the ages of the remaining offspring. When Jackson turns 18 in the spring, there will be only five minors in the house, the youngest turning 13 later in the year. Once the few remaining adult sons move on, and assuming JIm Bob doesn't allow Anna and the M's to move in or Anna grows up and moves on, how much longer do they have need for that ghastly building they call a house? I know Michelle is far from a normal woman, but I'd be depressed looking around the vastness of the property and thinking " Fresh start time. Maybe a nice, new four bedroom on private two acre lot far from here would do just fine".  

I remember when they first moved in JB hinted that the kids may settle down elsewhere on the property, commune style. that seems to be less and less likely. I imagine the house is full if homeschooling lessons are happening there, but otherwise, it’s not many people in that much sq. Ft.

3 hours ago, kachuu said:

I've always wondered if they would eventually downsize, or which kid had enough kids to move in to that massive building.

Also, Jessa is still living in her 2 bedroom with 4 children all in one room? That must feel so squished.

I think when a Josh and Anna lives there they said their parents lived in a 1000 sq ft house with five kids, so maybe that’s the max they are waiting for before moving out? We lived in a house like that with three kids when they were very little. It was chaos and cramped, but when the kids started physically growing taller and more active, was when it really became too small.

• Upvote 5

We touched on this many threads ago, but Anna now qualifies for a lot of government support, at least for a few months/years. Under Arkansas law, she is considered a single parent as long as Josh is incarcerated. She qualifies for WIC (food stamps for small children and pregnant/lactating mothers) until M7 turns 5, plus SNAP (regular food stamps) and TANF (welfare/cash support) in the short term, and Medicaid (or CHIP/children’s health insurance). She can also get subsidized housing if she chooses to move out and rent her own place. It would require some humility and effort on her part, and it isn’t a permanent fix or enough to live on without other support, but it’s there if she chooses to go her own way.

• Upvote 25
  • Thank You 6

I am not in Arkansas but California.  Where laws on car seats are maybe more intense than AK?  Not sure but that state does seem more lax than mine.  

Anyway, I don't think it's a car seat thing.  Here is why:  One time when I picked up my elementary school children from school and took them to get ice cream as promised.  They were 1st and 5th grade at the time and I needed gas so, we got ice cream bars from the gas station convenience store.  They were all excited and as soon as I pulled into the station, whipped their seat belts off and did the happy anticipation dance.  So cute!   Well, a CHP motorcycle cop came up behind me ( scaring the shit outta me!  Dude, Don't approach a mother of 2 young children like that style. Geez)  and cited me for having kids out of their belts.  I explained,  he then got me for not having a booster seat for my youngest.  But, it wasn't advised for the type of truck bench seat in back.  It says not to,  increased risk, so I didn't.  My daughter was almost 6.   I got a ticket and the cop gave my kids police badge stickers.  I wanted to shove them up his ass!  1st, he frightened me with his approach  and then gave me a bs ticker.  Jerk.  I thought I could fight it in court because the California website on such backed me up.  Nope!  I got chastised for not having a proper booster!  Judge didn't care at all, big ass fine for me. 

So, if it were that kind of situation than I wouldn't think it would go further than a ticket. I tried to fight mine and that's why court.  This is having to deal with it, not just a ticket she could try to fight, or just pay up, yeah?  

• Upvote 6

Why does the second bathroom on the first floor have two toilets? I’m pretty sure it isn’t a bedit 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2

55 minutes ago, imokit said:

I raged at the fact that the boys got a slide to the play room, the girls just got a fancy room.

Looking at that layout again in light of knowing what happened in a previous house.  Its really sinister that they designed it so the girls room and boys room was far as possible from each other and with the parents room in between.

I think it shows how afraid they were that it wasn’t actually “dealt with.” I mean, I’m glad for the layout as bizarre as it is. It does increase the chances that the girls were better protected from Josh once they moved there - perhaps it even gave the girls peace of mind. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Anyway, I don't think it's a car seat thing.

It's not because the citation itself shows it's not related to driving or a vehicle.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

57 minutes ago, imokit said:

I raged at the fact that the boys got a slide to the play room, the girls just got a fancy room.

I agree, although it has occurred to me that given the amount of noise coming up from the playroom through the slide opening and into the boys' room, the girls might have gotten the better deal in terms of their sanity.

• Upvote 6

34 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

If Anna were to move in with David & Pris that would be what, 9 or 10 kids under 9 or something insane (14 total)? No way. Anna's going to do what's easiest for her. For the foreseeable future that means she'll officially move into TTH. The only way I see her leaving is if she divorces her pedophile husband and leaves fundamentalism. 

Plus Mac and Josie have each other. They'll need each other now more than ever. 

Has she been staying in the outbuilding since Josh was arrested? I sort of assumed she would have moved back in to the big house when he was first out under house arrest. . It’s not like their worldview would value Anna having her independence or time to herself. IIRC, when Josh was away in 2015, she moved in a curtained off area in the older girls’ room. I was kind of surprised she didn’t get the guest suite, but who knows? Maybe she liked being with the sisters her own age or they helped with the little kids at night or something. 

• Upvote 4

I dunno, if i had spent most of my life raising other peoples children, a child endangerment charge might just allow myself to be excluded from being sole charge of other peoples children for the foreseeable future….. [emoji2368]

This charge may not be a bad thing for Jana.

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

It's not because the citation itself shows it's not related to driving or a vehicle.

Well, damn. I didn't need to write all that then! 🤣

• Haha 8

Just now, gustava said:

Where was the Perv's room?

He wasn't with the boys? 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, kiwi said:

I dunno, if i had spent most of my life raising other peoples children, a child endangerment charge might just allow myself to be excluded from being sole charge of other peoples children for the foreseeable future….. emoji2368.png

This charge may not be a bad thing for Jana.

I doubt whatever it was was done intentionally but I agree with you that she may be relieved if she isn't allowed to watch kids any more. 

• Upvote 2

It kinda fills my heart with joy to picture the boob and his trusty teased-banged crunchy-haired sidekick to be in that house all alone. No more soda machines, no more tater tot casserole times ten (who am I kidding times two and good luck getting some dinner, kids!), no more calling the kids down to eat on the house sound system. Just the boob and his helpmeet, eating cans of bbq tuna and hoping one of the 8-9 kids that are still j'boob-approved might stop in for a sporadic visit. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

Why does the second bathroom on the first floor have two toilets? I’m pretty sure it isn’t a bedit 

Maybe a smaller toilet since it's right off the playroom? That way, smaller children don't need someone to lift them onto a regular sized one.

• Upvote 8

6 minutes ago, LanaBanana said:

Maybe a smaller toilet since it's right off the playroom? That way, smaller children don't need someone to lift them onto a regular sized one.

I seem to recall them explaining that on one of the early specials. Acually makes sense with the endless number of little kids.

• Upvote 12

I’ve long suspected that they’re going to use the big house is the family church.  And that they didn’t really factor any of the kids breaking off into not family church into their plans.  

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Basically a mud room but I think Michelle likes naming things something unique. Like sweet fellowship and jurisdictions. It gives her shitty life a little pep. 

Children are like flowers...and now some of her grandflowers are dealing with heavy fertilizer due to her early gardening habits.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 1

So, not seeing the Duggar show very much and now seeing how the house is laid out, I can definitely tell what Bobye was saying - how they separated the boys (i.e. Josh) and the girls.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Josh didn't have his own bedroom.  He was bunked with all the boys.  There was a "studio"/computer room that he seemed to take over while he was still in the house.  Note the boys had a computer room and the girls had a sewing room.  

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 4

9 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Josh didn't have his own bedroom.  He was bunked with all the boys.  There was a "studio"/computer room that he seemed to take over while he was still in the house.  Note the boys had a computer room and the girls had a sewing room.  

Josh would have been better off sewing.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know Rebekah has multiple houses. But I doubt she would let Anna stay at one of her houses for free or for a low fee. I don’t know if they are close these days. Although Anna did wear her used wedding dress. 

Didn’t Anna use Esther‘s dress? 

• Upvote 1

I am curious about Jana's arrest. The fact that she had to bail, and didn't get RORed is interesting. Will JB pony up for a lawyer, or will she have to use a public defender?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic