IGNORED

Jana Duggar 14: Child Endangerment Charges and Howlers Supporting Her Via Meme

HerNameIsBuffy

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

I am curious about Jana's arrest. The fact that she had to bail, and didn't get RORed is interesting. Will JB pony up for a lawyer, or will she have to use a public defender?

She already has a lawyer, it's on the citation (posted on last thread)

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Didn’t Anna use Esther‘s dress? 

I don’t think so. Esther was married in 2001, Rebekah in 2004, and Anna in 2008. I don’t think that dress was from 2001. It looks much more like a dress from 2004. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

She already has a lawyer, it's on the citation (posted on last thread)

Sorry. Hard to keep up between her and Josh, and I'm never going to get back to JRod.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

I am curious about Jana's arrest. The fact that she had to bail, and didn't get RORed is interesting. Will JB pony up for a lawyer, or will she have to use a public defender?

It’s called ‘bail’ but it’s really just a bunch of court fees. She wasn’t cuffed, transported by LE, and then bailed out. 

She has a lawyer from Travis Story’s law firm. The Duggars are sure keeping them busy…

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

It was Rebekah's dress.  Her first husband confirmed it and complained that Josh stood on the train and caused it to start ripping off. 

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 12

5 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

As big as it is the resale value on that place is going to be pretty limited, I'd think.  How many people want houses with dorm rooms?  Remodeling that into a functional home with real bedrooms would cost a fortune so they're going to have to let the place go much lower than market value for sq footage.

Oh yes. This. I have some experience with a large and difficult to sell house (because I bought one!)

The house we bought last year is huge (embarrassingly so — we are a family of 6, but we all have sensory issues so the size made sense and the price was amazing). It’s actually a bit bigger than the Duggar house with 7 bedrooms and bathrooms, but it was custom-built with an extremely odd layout.

It had been on the market, off and on, for a good five years before we bought it (compared to the average of 3-ish days on the market in our area) and the price had been lowered by more than 1/4 of what they originally asked by the time we made our offer (which was still significantly lower than what they were asking).

Anyhow, even without the dorm-style bedroom thing, the previous owners had a horrible time selling it and with a more traditional layout, a home this size in our area sells for more than twice what we paid and in a tiny fraction of the time on the market.

I hope to Rufus that I can just live here forever and never have to sell it 😂

And I expect that the Duggars also hope they never have to sell their home. 

• Upvote 25
  • Love 4

14 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

It was Rebekah's dress.  Her first husband confirmed it and complained that Josh stood on the train and caused it to start ripping off. 

I wonder if Rebekah gave it to her after her divorce. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know Rebekah has multiple houses. But I doubt she would let Anna stay at one of her houses for free or for a low fee. I don’t know if they are close these days. Although Anna did wear her used wedding dress. 

I can't imagine a sister who wanted to help enough to let Anna stay charging even a low fee if she didn't need the money.  

I don't know anything about her as  person, but if she loves Anna and the kids I'd like to think she'd help her if she wanted to leave the cult.  If Anna is to get out the first thing she needs a safe place to stay and money for basic living expenses, then she'll need help with what she doesn't know she doesn't know and help plotting a path forward.  Also help in getting a lawyer to find out what assets, if any, she has.  

If she doesn't want to leave the cult it would be understandable if none of them offered shelter and financial support so she can be a stay at home sister indefinitely.  As long as the kids were safe and cared for that is.  Cult or not if the kids are homeless or hungry you get everyone stable and worry about the cult stuff later.

Interesting alternate scenario, because at some point Anna will either double down and become even more fanatical, completely check out and go on autopilot, or she'll break free.  The two likeliest scenarios leave her with JB and M.

• Upvote 10

I’ve always assumed the Duggar house would stay in the family for many years to come. When JB and Michelle get old and all the kids are grown, I could see them building a small house on the property for them and giving the big house to the biggest breeders. 

• Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I can't imagine a sister who wanted to help enough to let Anna stay charging even a low fee if she didn't need the money.  

I don't know anything about her as  person, but if she loves Anna and the kids I'd like to think she'd help her if she wanted to leave the cult.  If Anna is to get out the first thing she needs a safe place to stay and money for basic living expenses, then she'll need help with what she doesn't know she doesn't know and help plotting a path forward.  Also help in getting a lawyer to find out what assets, if any, she has.  

If she doesn't want to leave the cult it would be understandable if none of them offered shelter and financial support so she can be a stay at home sister indefinitely.  As long as the kids were safe and cared for that is.  Cult or not if the kids are homeless or hungry you get everyone stable and worry about the cult stuff later.

Interesting alternate scenario, because at some point Anna will either double down and become even more fanatical, completely check out and go on autopilot, or she'll break free.  The two likeliest scenarios leave her with JB and M.

She let Jill and her brood use her vacation home for a week. You would think she would let Anna stay for awhile too. But it’s probably too far away from Josh. Anna wouldn’t be able to visit much. 

• Upvote 10

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She let Jill and her brood use her vacation home for a week. You would think she would let Anna stay for awhile too. But it’s probably too far away from Josh. Anna wouldn’t be able to visit much. 

Depends where he ends up after sentencing. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Sorry. Hard to keep up between her and Josh, and I'm never going to get back to JRod.

And Jill will never forgive you for that

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 24
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

I do find it odd that she had to post bail. This means that if she had not come up with the funds she would have been held in jail (yes, it was a low amount for a Duggar, but still).

This may indicate this is something more serious than a little rascal wandering off for awhile. Without the police report, it's pointless to speculate further, but even if local law enforcement is tired of the goings ons at the house, why take it out on the babysitter? 

It may depend on what “posting bail” means in their jurisdiction. In my area if you  get a speeding ticket, or a ticket for too much weed, or having a loud party - or whatever non-violent, non-felony - there is a set initial  “bail” amount - but you usually aren’t arrested or taken to jail. You are given a ticket with a court date and a fine. When you go to court you may get additional fines, or maybe probation, or - very rarely- jai

. Or it might be dismissed or knocked down to an infraction. But the initial fine is called “bail”. I have no idea if that’s how it works in Arkansas. But given the breakdown of the fines - it looks like it’s similar. Do we know if she was actually arrested? 

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, kiwi said:

I dunno, if i had spent most of my life raising other peoples children, a child endangerment charge might just allow myself to be excluded from being sole charge of other peoples children for the foreseeable future….. emoji2368.png

This charge may not be a bad thing for Jana.

4 hours ago, Giraffe said:

I doubt whatever it was was done intentionally but I agree with you that she may be relieved if she isn't allowed to watch kids any more. 

It doesn’t look as if she wasn’t allowed to watch kids anymore though. Or might this be a possible court ruling? Because it sure as hell doesn’t look as if any of her parents or siblings had scruples to hand her the children afterwards.
I also think this might more be a case of repeatedly ignoring warnings (maybe she accumulated all sorts of them, car safety, and others) and now she got doubled down on for the last one. I don’t think 30year old Jana is doing a stellar job. She is just the prolonged arm of JB and M and trains up children in their ways. She is old enough for some years now to be responsible and do better, but if you look at how deep she is in the cult I highly doubt it. She is either fully immersed or decides to play along. It’s her decision at this point and chooses to repeat her parents way of parenting. She is just as neglectful and overwhelmed as them (of course because it’s just too many kids and a f****d up mindset). Let’s hope she gets a clear message by the judge and takes it to heart.

RE Anna or anyone moving into the TTH with JB and M. This would only work if they were willing to defer their authority to JB. No way JB and M would give up the Master bedroom. No way he could accept another headship in the house- especially if this one might have more people to boss around than JB himself at one point. JB and M would probably make all sorts of snide, openly or passively aggressive remarks about everything. Maybe even outright questioning or ignoring parenting decisions. They can do it with Anna more easily, as she has no headship present. And she might be able to be guilt tripped into giving up some of her parental authority about her children because she already failed as a wife in their eyes.

RE the “goodbye room”- I cannot see it functioning as a mud/cloak room: you just don’t use it as real entry for welcoming or sending off for guests? It’s to store cloaks or let people with muddy shoes in (so mostly family members or workers or the hunting party 😜). A mud room would be a separate entrance to the real entrance. A cloak room traditional would have no doors to the outside. If you host guests for dinner/church/anything more special than “help us dig up the garden”  you wouldn’t welcome/send them off through a mud room. I mean with that amount of space- sure why not have a dedicated room to say goodbye. I can absolutely see it being plastered with pictures of Great Duggar Moments of JBs political and their tv career. Their books on display, massive bible quote sign… to double down on their image before guests leave. You know- we are so successful and godly and blessed- we even have a specific room (fancy) to see people off (in some mindsets more/bigger is still important, especially if you are still only the existing as powerful in your very small bubble of mostly uneducated and crazy idiots).

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ignore me! 😀

Already answered. 

Edited by marmalade

5 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Didn’t Anna use Esther‘s dress? 

It was Rebecca's dress. Rebecca's husband (now former husband) posted that he was a bit pissed because Duggars were earning money selling the wedding to TLC and could have given a new dress to Anna. 

8 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Anyway, I don't think it's a car seat thing. 

I read that a little kid was lost for a while.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

I try to refrain from comments on spelling and grammar because it’s elitist and I know we have several non-native English speakers on FJ, but this misspelling by someone in the previous thread gave me a giggle because it is true.

“A child who can wonder, is a child who by their standards should be disciplined and trained into not wondering.”

Don’t wonder about life outside the cult or why daddy isn’t home or what Jesus would say to Mohammad if they met. 

• Upvote 25
  • Haha 17
  • Love 5

6 minutes ago, Smee said:

I try to refrain from comments on spelling and grammar because it’s elitist and I know we have several non-native English speakers on FJ, but this misspelling by someone in the previous thread gave me a giggle because it is true.

“A child who can wonder, is a child who by their standards should be disciplined and trained into not wondering.”

Don’t wonder about life outside the cult or why daddy isn’t home or what Jesus would say to Mohammad if they met. 

Never a truer word spoken by accident 😉

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 7

No doubt one of the magazines like People or InTouch has filed and FOIA over the weekend for the police report, will be nice to know what happened to end the speculation.

1 hour ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

what Jesus would say to Mohammad if they met. 

"We really should have dumbed down our teachings.  These morons who can't understand the concept of allegoric prose are taking this shit literally and people are getting hurt."

"Agreed.  Next time they're getting pop up books."

7 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

It was Rebecca's dress. Rebecca's husband (now former husband) posted that he was a bit pissed because Duggars were earning money selling the wedding to TLC and could have given a new dress to Anna. 

Pissed for Anna's sake or pissed because he didn't want her wearing the dress?  Was this from when he talked to Duggars Without Pity?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 31

I just watched a 2014 duggar studios video where josh gave a tour. Jana is in it at the beginning in the goodbye room. It looks like they've basically made it into another office. They talk about it being a processing location for sending and receiving mail and packages. JB's office is literally right next to it, so it does seem gratuitous. Then again, why do michelle and jb each need an office yet there is no dedicated area for homeschooling?

Picture of goodbye room under spoiler

Spoiler

goodbye.thumb.png.48f7a53167da1ed72f1680abe5af60a9.png

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 14

5 hours ago, theotherelise said:

Picture of goodbye room under spoiler

Hide contents

goodbye.thumb.png.48f7a53167da1ed72f1680abe5af60a9.png

Is this the room JChelle had Ben excruciatingly ask to court Jessa? 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

lol, no that was Jim Bob's office. Official dateline video still:

NINTCHDBPICT000684579100.thumb.jpg.d39d27b8a68d350e28663cb12bd66b6e.jpg

One of the most difficult things about carving up the duggar home is the awkward little cubbies created by the ceiling and dormers. The boys and girls rooms are pretty big, but not when you stuff 9-10 people in them. They probably shouldn't have done the open living room with catwalk.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

12 minutes ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

Ben asked Jim Bob in one of the big warehouse/work areas.  Meech was not there,

• Upvote 2

At one point, I think the goodbye room housed Michele's elliptical. I vaguely remember her exercising in one of the shows. 

When JB & Michelle can't climb stairs that is when they will give up the master and go live in the guest quarters. Whom ever stated the house would be good for parties, it would be if nobody with a handicap needs to go upstairs. I don't believe there is an elevator. 

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, gustava said:

Ben asked Jim Bob in one of the big warehouse/work areas.  Meech was not there,

Am I mixing up courtship and engagement? There was definitely one shown above-whatever it was it was toe curling!

12 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

lol, no that was Jim Bob's office. Official dateline video still:

NINTCHDBPICT000684579100.thumb.jpg.d39d27b8a68d350e28663cb12bd66b6e.jpg

One of the most difficult things about carving up the duggar home is the awkward little cubbies created by the ceiling and dormers. The boys and girls rooms are pretty big, but not when you stuff 9-10 people in them. They probably shouldn't have done the open living room with catwalk.

I really like the open plan kitchen living room area, but youre right there seemed to be loads of little cubby holes dotted about, seems a bit of a waste really. Its like they couldnt quite let go of their cramped, too small roots! I would have had a bigger pantry too...

• Upvote 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic