IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 44 - Fate in the hands of the jury

HerNameIsBuffy

Similar to Melbelle's post just now, The Sun also commented on the jury's requests.

"JUST NOW

Jury asks to listen to recording

During deliberation, the jury asked to listen to Josh Duggar's interview with Homeland Security from the day the car lot was investigated again, in the courtroom.

In it, Duggar says there is an HP computer that is password protected.

Duggar and the agents also talked about peer-to-peer and Duggar said the HP was split, then asked why the agents were there.

They mentioned child exploitation and Duggar asked if that's what they were saying was going on and if there was something on his devices.

One juror asked for a calendar but the judge denied the request, the Sun reporter noted.

Deliberations continue this afternoon."

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

I have just picked up on an interesting point made by the defence regarding the thumb drive.

"He added that the government played disturbing images and videos that didn't come off the device but from a thumb drive from Washington, DC, from other cases" 

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 1

Almost time for bed here in the UK too, I'll check the doors are locked, refresh BBC, FJ, and the US Sun, check the cats have water for overnight, refresh BBC, FJ, and the US Sun, clean my teeth, refresh BBC, FJ, and the US Sun,...

Rinse and repeat!

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 2

30 minutes ago, Tenyari said:

We got 505 members, 808 guests and one anonymous member on FJ ATM. I am currently following both on here and Reddit.

Who is considered online?  I keep a an FJ tab open on my phone even when I’m not using it. What is the difference between guests and anonymous? 

• Upvote 4

I would be shocked if we got a verdict today. If I was a jury I would want to read through every piece of evidence carefully, even if I was convinced of the verdict. Also, it is almost 4:00 there. I don't see the judge pulling back together a court after 4- judges work regular hours. 

• Upvote 6

Removed initial post because it had been shared

why would they want a calendar?

Edited by OldFadedStar

8 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

speculation, but I also wonder even if they are all in agreement if they want to hold out a while for the optics....not looking like it was a rush to judgement without weighing the evidence carefully.  Like  the first OJ Simpson case -- a trial that lasted many, many, many months and they returned (a ridiculous verdict) in only 4 hours and took a lot of criticism for coming to a conclusion so quickly.   I do have to say (and I know the cases are no way related) if 12  people (all white but one) can come to the right conclusion in the recent Ahmaud Arbery trial in the deep south (no offense to my southern friends!) then I have hopes for this case. 

I'm still on pins and needles, though. LET'S GO!! 

That's what I'm hoping.  They'd not be holding out for their free dinner.  If they are I say make it JBs famous BBQ tuna and then they'll hurry up before they have to eat another meal there.

Something I've been curious about, how did Josh spin the "I'm not denying guilt" or whatever to Anna.  The other stuff sure, she's easily bamboozled but that?  Even she can see that's a bizarre thing to say.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, usedbicycle said:

Do the kids realize that this super expensive trial is being paid for by the money they earned on TLC, that was stolen from them by JB? 

Jill must be glad she got her settlement when she did.

I am guessing that most of them “sort of know” that this is “family money” that they helped earn, but, as with the money being spent on JimBob’s campaign, they figure that JB as the patriarch “knows what he’s doing.”  Except for the very oldest ones, they may think JB always manages to provide well for them.

I agree that Jill and Derrick must be relieved.

• Upvote 5

Congratulations @CarrotCake  and happy birthday to everyone!  

Since I got done with work, I went on a drive to look at a neighbourhood with pretty holiday lights, ate a mini ice cream, a piece of cheddar and then a banana y'know to counter the lactose intolerance. 

Supposed to be packing for a mini break for my dog's birthday and I have so far managed to vacuum bedroom and bathroom. How thoroughly? Probably not very. 

Really hoping this verdict comes soon. And also that if/when he is sentenced nobody from that family uses the phrase "Duggar Time" ever again. I actually really hope a news outlet will print a headline like "A whole new meaning to Duggar Time" but maybe it's too niche for mainstream media. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Galbin said:

Why would the jury ask for a calendar? Does anyone know?

My unsubstantiated guess is to check whether the days of downloads/other car-lot-related incidents were workdays and not Sundays (when Smuggar might be assumed to be in church) or public holidays.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Who is considered online?  I keep a an FJ tab open on my phone even when I’m not using it. What is the difference between guests and anonymous? 

I probably look like I'm on FJ every time I'm on my laptop (which tbh is most of the time I'm home and awake) ... I just keep tabs open for every web page I check often.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, QuiverFullOfCondoms said:

Color matching is a thing, Jim Blob!

(Photo cred: Reddit/Duggar Snark)

75F6B233-245E-4090-AA38-3A673E3A0513.jpeg

Maybe it did match before this started but the stress added some more gray.  Probably just buying used and saving the difference, but I like to think he's stressed enough for it to affect him physically.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, EmCatlyn said:

I am guessing that most of them “sort of know” that this is “family money” that they helped earn, but, as with the money being spent on JimBob’s campaign, they figure that JB as the patriarch “knows what he’s doing.”  Except for the very oldest ones, they may think JB always manages to provide well for them.

I agree that Jill and Derrick must be relieved.

How much did Jill end up getting? Was that for their wedding special or for her entire life on the show?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

Removed initial post because it had been shared

why would they want a calendar?

My guess is to see when the TOR and then the CSAM were downloaded and if it coincides with the dates and times Pest was at the car lot

Edited to say: The rum ball is taunting me. Idk how much longer I can hold out😔

Edited by Jinder Roles
  • Upvote 5

I wouldn't be surprised if there is another update shortly, The Sun have often delayed reporting throughout this and then do bursts of it, fingers crossed!

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Tenyari said:

We got 505 members, 808 guests and one anonymous member on FJ ATM. I am currently following both on here and Reddit.

I’m bouncing between here, r/DuggarsSnark, and Primetimer.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

Based on the jury's request, it appears that they are being thorough with the details, and probably won't return a verdict today. 

Does anyone know how it works with the people who came to watch the trial? Are they allowed to sit there all day waiting for a verdict?

• Upvote 6

Have tried to stay awake but really need to go to sleep now (7 hours time difference with Arkasas). I hope I will wake up to a guilty verdict tomorrow morning. Stay strong everyone, let's hope justice will be served. 

• Upvote 11

2 minutes ago, QuiverFullOfCondoms said:

How much did Jill end up getting? Was that for their wedding special or for her entire life on the show?

We don’t know, and we don’t even know for sure that it happened, do we? They bought a house despite being unemployed right when they became estranged from the Duggars, so we speculated that they were paid off.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

12 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

In it, Duggar says there is an HP computer that is password protected.

Duggar and the agents also talked about peer-to-peer and Duggar said the HP was split, then asked why the agents were there.

GUYS! Bolding mine.  this is key...Josh admitted to putting up the partition...the jury wanted to hear that. If some "stranger" put up the Linux...how would he know this?

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked and unlocked this topic
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic