IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 44 - Fate in the hands of the jury

HerNameIsBuffy

10 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I agree that the racial as well and socio economic disparity needs to be addressed.  Question to FJ at large, how many people in your circle have friends with a home to house a pedofile and an adult without children in the house, not working home to supervise him 24/7?

That's a privileges of a cult of people where women aren't deemed smart enough to work so they'll have more ladies of leisure than the rest of us.

I know a few, but they are all retired couples who would likely say no - either because they want to travel and such thank you, or because they want their grandkids to come visit regularly.

Congrats on the new babies!

Come on jury - see the truth - he's guilty!

• Upvote 8

While we are waiting for news, I will give The Sun (a tabloid) a B for reporting and covering this trial. As someone with a degree in Journalism and works in a news media related field, I would say most of their reporting has been accurate and as timely as possible. yeah, they mixed up some Duggar kids names, but who hasn't --- looking at you Meechele.

But I do have to laugh with their "filler" content during down time.  This was posted most recently (bolding mine)

10 MINUTES AGO

How long will jury deliberations take?

The jury is expected to begin deliberating on Wednesday.

It is impossible to say how long the jury may take to reach a verdict in the Josh Duggar trial. (WOW! Thank you Captain Obvious!)

Typically, jury deliberations can take as little as two hours.

However, depending on the complexity of the case, it can take several days for a jury to reach a verdict.

25 MINUTES AGO

Could Josh Duggar go to prison? ( DUH! )

If found guilty, Josh Duggar faces up to 20 years in prison as well as up to $250K in fines for each count.

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

19 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

I gave birth yesterday but I still logged in now to see if there was a verdict.... not yet I suppose, based on the comments.

Congratulations! 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Thank you reddit poster for this 

[emoji1787][emoji1787] I refreshed 3 times thinking something was wrong with the sound before I caught on
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Thank you reddit poster for this 

I'm super stoned rn and that was hilarious!  

Oh, yeah, bong hits are my coping mechanism 😋

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 6

Just now, SongRed7 said:

While we are waiting for news, I will give The Sun (a tabloid) a B for reporting and covering this trial. Most of there reporting has been accurate and as timely as possible. yeah, they mixed up some Duggar kids names, but who hasn't --- looking at you Meechele.

I wish it wasn't the only site attempting descent reporting which is available internationally.  I have Anna Darling and co on twitter, but their actual reports are border blocked so I can't see.

I'm ashamed to say, its been what I need.  And thankfully not too graphic with the details,

• Upvote 10

Just now, Beermeet said:

I'm super stoned rn and that was hilarious!  

Oh, yeah, bong hits are my coping mechanism 😋

I'm going to join you in an hour.  I'm sick working from home and have to wait until I'm sure no one else will need me before taking the edge off.  

• Upvote 8

21 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I ate a ton of mini candy canes yesterday and am trying to not repeat that today but I have to do something with this nervous energy.....  maybe it's a good day to finally try the edibles I bought a month ago when my sister was visiting from a non-legal state and wanted to go shopping at the dispensary 🤣🤣 (for the record I've actually never tried marijuana before but do indeed have a small pack of gummies that I'll get around to trying one of these days when I remember and don't have anything responsible I have to do that day).  

Hope I caught you before you tried an edible for the first time - I suggest you eat about one-fourth of a gummie and see how it goes.  I've been taking an edible at night to help me sleep for years, but I still remember the first time I had an edible.  It was a small rectangular bar with lines delineating what I thought would be a dose - so a total of 4 doses per bar (looked and tasted like a tootsie roll).  Well, an hour later, I was stoned out of my mind.  So take it easy - the potency can surprise you.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

It’s my first! So enjoying my new season of life 🥰

Omg congrats! Due with my first blessing in April. Hope you have a great recovery!

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 12

4 minutes ago, imokit said:

Just saw on reddit - did we mention that in addition to a uterus bearer on the prosecution.  William Clayman (also on the prosecution) is married to another man. - Source reddit.

The women and the GAYZ have literally come for Josh

nolite te bastardes carborundorum

• Upvote 2
  • Love 17

1 minute ago, EmmieJ said:

Hope I caught you before you tried an edible for the first time - I suggest you eat about one-fourth of a gummie and see how it goes.  I've been taking an edible at night to help me sleep for years, but I still remember the first time I had an edible.  It was a small rectangular bar with lines delineating what I thought would be a dose - so a total of 4 doses per bar (looked and tasted like a tootsie roll).  Well, an hour later, I was stoned out of my mind.  So take it easy - the potency can surprise you.

thanks - that's what the guy at the dispensary recommended as well.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

22 minutes ago, waltraute said:

I will not be calling him Pest. Pest sounds like a young sibling who won't stop annoying. Josh is a dangerous, abusive criminal. In my mind Pest minimizes his abhorrent actions.

I don't like the Pest nickname either I hate that its the most popular nickname on redddit.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

Jill really did look great today, I know someone mentioned before but she had a real.air of confidence about her too, not at all like the silly giggly must always be joyful facade they had to put on before.

I hope this brings her closure.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

There are over 23 thousand people online on the DS subreddit. Crazy. We're all just waiting and refreshing and hoping for the worst (for Josh).

• Upvote 19
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, viii said:

Is it likely that we will have a verdict today or is it possible they could take a few days? I know sometimes on murder cases they can deliberate for a while but I'm not sure with CSA trials. 

Murder cases typically have a lot of instructions and things like potential lesser included offenses, different mental states, etc. to understand, so it can take awhile to wade through it all during deliberations. This was a relatively short & simple case except for the battling expert testimony. That said, you just never know w/ juries. In this case at this point which is probably 2 hours into ‘real’ deliberations (subtracting out time for lunch) the longer they take the more I’ll worry.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Last night I went out to dinner with my family for my sister's birthday and I was filling their ears full of all this Duggar madness, and my grandfather said my grandmother had a cousin who had 13 children and his brother said about them "God may have said be fruitful and multiply but he didn't say all the work had to be done by one family." 🤣

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 25
  • Love 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked and unlocked this topic
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic