IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 22: Every Sperm Is Scared

Bethella

Swallowing amniotic fluid is often not a big problem. The only issue is that the baby is nauseous and because of that has problems drinking. It will often resolve within a couple of hours, so medically not a big problem, but sad for the little one.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, postscript said:

Has Courtney posted a name yet? I’m curious which C-name she’s chosen. 

Not yet. My guesses are still Cassidy or Claire. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dutch_girl said:

Swallowing amniotic fluid is often not a big problem. The only issue is that the baby is nauseous and because of that has problems drinking. It will often resolve within a couple of hours, so medically not a big problem, but sad for the little one.

I wondered if she meant meconium stained fluid and if there was concern for meconium aspiration.  But baby seems to be doing well either way. 

• Upvote 2

Courtney’s husband’s birthday is today. Courtney is still by herself in the hospital with the baby. She planned on being alone while delivering the baby. I wonder if he has visited at all. I have always thought it very strange that she doesn’t have someone in their church watch their kids so he can be there for the birth. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Courtney’s baby is named Cambria Reed. She was a scheduled c section. She actually decided to get someone to watch her kids so her husband could be there. She said earlier this year she wasn’t. So I wonder what changed her mind. Maybe someone saw her post and offered to help. The baby has a few complications but minor compared to her last birth. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 3

309593970_Screenshot_20220310-1740132.thumb.png.dd83301a1ae3ad4401320a8a5190ca65.png

Should have guessed that Camille was too common for Courtney. At least I got the first three letters right!

• Upvote 4

She shares a birthday with my elder son. I'm glad her husband was there, and that someone was able to watch the kids. I don't think I could give birth alone. 

Cambria is interesting. It's the latin name for Wales. My first thought was of the Cambrian exinction. 

I wonder how many siblings Courtney and Christopher have. If Cambria is the 19th on both sides, it doesn't sound like their families are as gung ho about babies as those two are. 

• Upvote 7

Cambria? Not one I would have guessed based on her prior picks. Not my style but could have been worse. 

Interesting that between her family and the Bowers, there are over 20 kids with C names without any overlap, and there are quite a few of what I would consider classic C names that neither family has used. 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1

8 minutes ago, postscript said:

Cambria? Not one I would have guessed based on her prior picks. Not my style but could have been worse. 

Interesting that between her family and the Bowers, there are over 20 kids with C names without any overlap, and there are quite a few of what I would consider classic C names that neither family has used. 

When you name your daughter Crosby and your son Crockett, there won’t be a lot of overlap 😂

Fundies do love using some uncommon names that’s for sure.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

54 minutes ago, postscript said:

I'm not a 'C' name, but as a hobby writer I went through a huge phase where for years almost all of my MCs had 'C' names. Surprisingly still really like 'C' names to this day. Favorites used by the Bowers and Rogers include Calena and Campbell -I honestly thought I would like more of them when I looked at the lists. Both families have terrible taste for such a great letter. Cambria just makes me think "Cambrian explosion" and "cambro containers," and while I'm very fond of the event and the containers, probably not what you want as it comes to thoughts of your child.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Maybe they're prog rock fans and plan to call the next one Coheed.

I immediately thought of that band too when she posted the name. 

Sometimes I think fundies limit themselves too much with a letter them. So they pick names with nicknames they like. Maybe she wants to Nick name her Bri or Bria. Like how they call Johannah “Hannie.”

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

She shares a birthday with my elder son. I'm glad her husband was there, and that someone was able to watch the kids. I don't think I could give birth alone. 

Cambria is interesting. It's the latin name for Wales. My first thought was of the Cambrian exinction. 

I wonder how many siblings Courtney and Christopher have. If Cambria is the 19th on both sides, it doesn't sound like their families are as gung ho about babies as those two are. 

They both come from big families, he is one of 10 and Courtney is the oldest of 8, I believe. In Courtney’s case, I know she has several siblings that aren’t married yet. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Bets on which month of 2023 number 13 will be born?  Is she 40 years old or close to 40 yet?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

She's going to call this baby "Cammie", guaranteed. It seemed so odd to me that she'd never played around with variations of that name earlier! I'm biased, though. I think I've predicted this as a girl name for every pregnancy since 2015.

I'm glad she's giving her daughters fuller names instead of purely relying on diminutives.  "Cambria" is neat. I dig it.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Daisy said:

They both come from big families, he is one of 10 and Courtney is the oldest of 8, I believe. In Courtney’s case, I know she has several siblings that aren’t married yet. 

Courtney is one of six according to this article. https://www.lovewhatmatters.com/you-dont-look-old-enough-to-have-10-children-if-they-only-knew-my-oldest-is-only-9-strangers-commenting-you-must-have-your-hands-full-when-im-out-with/

She is 37 and will turn 38 in early April. 

1 hour ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Bets on which month of 2023 number 13 will be born?  Is she 40 years old or close to 40 yet?

• Thank You 1

2 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Well normally doctors advise to wait at least a year after a c-section before getting pregnant again. So there should be a break. I'm not sure wether Courtney and her husband will follow that advice though.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On another note, I can't believe I've been (sort of) following this family since Cash was born. That was 2014. It just seems sort of surreal to watch one family go from the relatively small number of five children to 12 in less than eight years. Makes me wonder where the time has gone but also, wow, that actually wasn't as much time as I thought.

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic