IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 22: Every Sperm Is Scared

Bethella

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

Well normally doctors advise to wait at least a year after a c-section before getting pregnant again. So there should be a break. I'm not sure wether Courtney and her husband will follow that advice though.

I think Caris was also a c-section and they didn't wait a year before getting pregnant with this baby. I think they ended up only waiting a few more months than usual. 

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sometimes I think fundies limit themselves too much with a letter them. So they pick names with nicknames they like. Maybe she wants to Nick name her Bri or Bria. Like how they call Johannah “Hannie.”

Courtney limited herself even more since the theme is not only just "C" names, but only hard "C" names, and the boys can only have one syllable. 

And yet she still chose to have a Cade and a Caydie instead of any other option. I'll never get over that lol.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, Bethella said:

Oops, thanks for the correction. I didn’t know Chris was the oldest in his family too. Explains the “only” 19 grandkids. Give it a few years. 

On the subject of  limiting names with choosing a letter - I have a cousin who is not fundie and both parents and all four kids have 5 letter names that all start with J. I know they think it’s cute and I guess it kind of is, but seems very limiting. 

Edited by Daisy
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, AliC said:

On another note, I can't believe I've been (sort of) following this family since Cash was born. That was 2014. It just seems sort of surreal to watch one family go from the relatively small number of five children to 12 in less than eight years. Makes me wonder where the time has gone but also, wow, that actually wasn't as much time as I thought.

I’ve been following Courtney since she was single. I got married and had my only child about a year after she married and had Clint. When she comes up I sometimes look at my kid and think, 11 or 12 more younger then him? It’s surreal all right. 

Edited by Daisy
Typo
  • Upvote 17

32 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Oops, thanks for the correction. I didn’t know Chris was the oldest in his family too. Explains the “only” 19 grandkids. Give it a few years. 

On the subject of  limiting names with choosing a letter - I have a cousin who is not fundie and both parents and all four kids have 5 letter names that all start with J. I know they think it’s cute and I guess it kind of is, but seems very limiting. 

My husband and I both have the same first 2 letters and the same amount of letters in our name. It’s very matchy. Our oldest is named after my husband so all three of us are matchy. I purposely chose younger son’s name to not match. Although there is a name I love that would have matched. But nope. I just couldn’t be that matchy. It would have bugged me I think. I know a couple named Erin and Eric and they decided not to go matchy at all with their kids. Their children have very different names from their parents. I understand not wanting to match since my sister and I have matching names. We weren’t fans as kids. It seemed to make people want to compare us even more. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I wonder how many siblings Courtney and Christopher have. If Cambria is the 19th on both sides, it doesn't sound like their families are as gung ho about babies as those two are. 

Cortney commented on Erin Bates picture with her siblings and said her husband is the oldest of 10. Since she didnt brag about how many siblings she has i asume she comes from a smaller family herself.

Edit: i saw someone found out she is one of 6. I guess she doesnt find 6 is enough to brag about it on other peoples instagrams.

Edited by llucie
to add
  • Upvote 6

I had a "realistic" fundie Sims game going for a while where the spacing worked out to about Kelly Bates spacing. They had 17 kids total but the first "laundry room breakdown" at 3 under 3, and the second at 6 kids when I had to invent a teenage sister to come live with the family and help. I truly don't know how Courtney does it. 

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My husband and I both have the same first 2 letters and the same amount of letters in our name. It’s very matchy. Our oldest is named after my husband so all three of us are matchy. I purposely chose younger son’s name to not match. Although there is a name I love that would have matched. But nope. I just couldn’t be that matchy. It would have bugged me I think. I know a couple named Erin and Eric and they decided not to go matchy at all with their kids. Their children have very different names from their parents. I understand not wanting to match since my sister and I have matching names. We weren’t fans as kids. It seemed to make people want to compare us even more. 

My husband I also have first names that start with the same letter and have the same number of letters, but they are not matchy. Our daughter’s name starts with the same letter too. Our son’s name does not start with the same letter.

My brothers and I have very matchy first, shortened names, but the formal names do not match. In fact, my oldest brother has a “jr” but his son goes by the formal name, while my does not. Think William and Bill (not their names). LOL, I just remembered that my other brother has a son named William. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I think Caris was also a c-section and they didn't wait a year before getting pregnant with this baby. I think they ended up only waiting a few more months than usual. 

She delivered Caris vaginally.

• Thank You 1

My name and my husband's both start with the same letter, maybe not matchy, but sound good together for a couple, though if a pair of opposite sex twins had the same names imo would sound too cutsy. 😅 

When I first started dating my husband he also had a black cat whose name also began with the same letter as ours!! 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️😂🐈‍⬛

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, indianabones said:

She delivered Caris vaginally.

I think that’s why her doctor recommended a c-section this time. Because last time the vaginal birth went very wrong. And that’s what caused Caris’s issues. They probably didn’t want that to happen again. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

Have all her other kids been born vaginally? If so, this baby might have have had an unfavorable position or maybe CR requested a RCS? If the other double digit number of kids were safely delivered naturally, and this pregnancy was routine, I do not see why a RCS would be mandated.

I do know someone who experienced infertility, eventually got PG and had a very rough delivery of a 10 lb baby who needed very high level care for a month after aspirating MEC. The mom requested (and was granted) c-sections in her 2 subsequent pregnancies-

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Hasunah2 said:

April 2023 for #13

February 2023 in case Courtney gets another set of Irish Triplets. I can only imagine her head exploding over that hashtag situation.

Edited by Lady Dondarrion
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ok guys I found this interview from when she was first pregnant with Cambria: 

E8B6FE6D-0C1E-451C-A42A-E05D6B472030.jpeg
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9988615/amp/Cheaper-Dozen-Couple-expecting-12th-child-like-famous-film.html

So now she's had 4 C-sections? That's a lot. I wonder if her doctor will advise her to make this baby her last--and if she'll take that advice. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, EmiSue said:

So now she's had 4 C-sections? That's a lot. I wonder if her doctor will advise her to make this baby her last--and if she'll take that advice. 

She says it’s her last in the interview but I don’t believe it. She’s like Sue Radford. 

You would think a doctor of Courtney’s wouldn’t have let Caris go 9 days overdue. By then she had already had more than one c-section and she’s advanced maternal age. I guess I would assume a doctor would want to induce once she was overdue with no signs of starting labor soon. 

• Upvote 8

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She says it’s her last in the interview but I don’t believe it. She’s like Sue Radford. 

You would think a doctor of Courtney’s wouldn’t have let Caris go 9 days overdue. By then she had already had more than one c-section and she’s advanced maternal age. I guess I would assume a doctor would want to induce once she was overdue with no signs of starting labor soon. 

I thought that was fishy at the time too. Makes me wonder if Courtney refused induction.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Lady Dondarrion said:

February 2023 in case Courtney gets another set of Irish Triplets. I can only imagine her head exploding over that hashtag situation.

My spreadsheet predicts late May 2023 for #13; the last two pregnancies have been longer than her average.

However, I do bet she's going to try to get pregnant again quickly, so she can say 13 under 13. 

At the very least, she will be pregnant by the fall. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, EmiSue said:

I thought that was fishy at the time too. Makes me wonder if Courtney refused induction.

Would she be able to have an induction after 2 c-sections? i follow chloeandbeans who is in a similar situation being overdue and she said they cant induce her because of the risk of uterine rupture after 2 c-sections.

• Thank You 2

35 minutes ago, llucie said:

Would she be able to have an induction after 2 c-sections? i follow chloeandbeans who is in a similar situation being overdue and she said they cant induce her because of the risk of uterine rupture after 2 c-sections.

Not sure. But from now on, she will likely have a scheduled c-section. So if she isn’t done, she will need to realize she will have a 5th or 6th c-section if she wants more. Which doesn’t sound like a great idea to me. Especially since she won’t wait 18 months to get pregnant again.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

Courtney will never stop having babies, so long as she is capable. There's no doubt in my mind she'll have two more, if she can. Regardless of which gender C13 professes, she'll have another within a year or so after that. She made a comment about liking "even numbers" years ago, and I truly think they care enough to avoid ending on an odd number, especially 13. Plus, they have somehow managed to have an even number of boys to girls, and they'll attempt to preserve that by trying again after the next.

That said, if they stay on their current schedule, she's barely got time to squeeze in #13 and #14 before she's into her 40s. While it's entirely possible she could have children after that, it's probably not going to be quite as easy. Though her fertility is bonkers so... who knows.

• Upvote 11

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ok guys I found this interview from when she was first pregnant with Cambria: 

E8B6FE6D-0C1E-451C-A42A-E05D6B472030.jpeg
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9988615/amp/Cheaper-Dozen-Couple-expecting-12th-child-like-famous-film.html

When Caris was born, Courtney didn't say how she was born, but the story sounded like an emergency c-section to me. Among other reasons, not saying whether it was a c-section or not sounds like a c-section, since women who have c-sections are more likely to hide them on social media ime. (I'm not saying women should hide having c-sections, just that the women I know who have them are less likely to share those details on social media.)

Courtney is dangerous, because she's cute, and the family is photogenic. I'm sure things are a lot crazier beneath the social media facade.

• Upvote 11

I would say now sounds like the perfect time to stop. Heck, 12! under 12 being the first reason.... but she has had 4 csections and now has her perfect boy/girl ratio and an even number... soooo.... count your blessings and leave it at that :pray:

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 7

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic