IGNORED

Jeremiah and Hannah: Finally Declared

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Having wedding receptions and other parties at “fire houses” is fairly common in some regions - maybe Pennsylvania and New Jersey?

I saw a list once of ways you know you're from Pennsylvania. One was "the phrase 'firehouse wedding reception' sounds perfectly normal to you"!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Love 4

30 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

That’s an engagement ring, not a wedding ring. And it’s from Tiffany’s!! Way to class things up, Jed!

Haha! My mistake :) In Sweden, engagement rings are more plain, and usually both the bride and groom to be has one. Then the bride gets the more fancy ring with stones at the wedding. Different traditions. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 5

Who were the kids in the wedding party?  I'm pretty sure that I recognized Ivy as the flower girl.  And may Joe's son?  There was a little boy and a little girl that sat with JB and M.  The others sat on the other side of the church. 

1 hour ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

I saw a list once of ways you know you're from Pennsylvania. One was "the phrase 'firehouse wedding reception' sounds perfectly normal to you"!

Yup. Only in Pennsylvania it's 'fahr hall.' 🤣

• Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Having wedding receptions and other parties at “fire houses” is fairly common in some regions - maybe Pennsylvania and New Jersey?

That’s an engagement ring, not a wedding ring. And it’s from Tiffany’s!! Way to class things up, Jed!

I'm almost positive that most of the Duggar sons/in-laws have gotten rings at White's & Co (https://www.whitesandcompanyjewelry.com/) in NWA - it's been featured on the show, their boxes are that similar robin's egg blue that's not quite the Tiffany's trademark blue. Well-marketed, haha. Abbie's ring came out of a similar box, I remember FJ discussing whether it Tiffany ring was possible at the time as well. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

@JMO The kids involved in the wedding were Ivy and Gideon for the D. Her and Hannah choosed to have a smaller wedding party and i love It 

Edited by Italiangirl
Fixed something Is late here and i can't think straight
  • Upvote 8

3 hours ago, JMO said:

Who were the kids in the wedding party?  I'm pretty sure that I recognized Ivy as the flower girl.  And may Joe's son?  There was a little boy and a little girl that sat with JB and M.  The others sat on the other side of the church. 

From the Wissmann‘s side Autumn Busenitz and Everett Beasley.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

29 minutes ago, Smash! said:

From the Wissmann‘s side Autumn Busenitz and Everett Beasley.

I’m thinking maybe she chose them because those sisters weren’t bridesmaids. But their kids were in the wedding. Then that means Ruth was the only sister who wasn’t a BM or didn’t have a child in the wedding. However Ruth has 4 boys 4 and under so maybe it was for the best. She’s probably pretty busy.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6

6 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I went to a wedding reception once in a volunteer fire department --not even a conference/meeting room--the actual garage (they parked the trucks outside for the event)

Were you at my son's wedding reception?  The wedding was in town, then the bridal couple rode on top of the fire engine 15 miles to the firehouse where the ladies' auxiliary threw the reception.  My son chose to grow up with his father after we divorced, and theirs was a small-town life.  He thrived, and we stayed close, but his wedding was something my daughter and I still talk about with wide eyes.  Sad note, both bride and groom passed away far too young, from congenital conditions.

ETA:  After seeing locations for other fire hall receptions, this one was in a Southern state.

Edited by SoSoNosy

20 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

Were you at my son's wedding reception?  The wedding was in town, then the bridal couple rode on top of the fire engine 15 miles to the firehouse where the ladies' auxiliary threw the reception.  My son chose to grow up with his father after we divorced, and theirs was a small-town life.  He thrived, and we stayed close, but his wedding was something my daughter and I still talk about with wide eyes.  Sad note, both bride and groom passed away far too young, from congenital conditions.

ETA:  After seeing locations for other fire hall receptions, this one was in a Southern state.

So uh, speaking of So Nosy...

Congenital conditions known in advance (e.g. CF) or congenital conditions that they didn't find out about until later (e.g. weak heart valve)?

I just ask because if it's the former, as a fellow chronically sick person (though thankfully not that severe) those are always heartbreakingly my favorite weddings. Being sick is so isolating, the fact that they had a best friend that both loved them deeply and completely understood everything they were going through is everything.

Regardless, sending bundles of good energy to both you and them ❤️

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m thinking maybe she chose them because those sisters weren’t bridesmaids. But their kids were in the wedding. Then that means Ruth was the only sister who wasn’t a BM or didn’t have a child in the wedding. However Ruth has 4 boys 4 and under so maybe it was for the best. She’s probably pretty busy.

I have not seen Ruth on photos neither her boys. I don't think she attended. She hasn't posted anything since Jan 19th. 

6 hours ago, fish_ca said:

I have not seen Ruth on photos neither her boys. I don't think she attended. She hasn't posted anything since Jan 19th. 

I’m pretty sure Ruth attended the dress up bachelorette party but didn’t post about it. She may just be on a posting break. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, fish_ca said:

She shared an AirB&B with Rachel. She was in Racehl's stories. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

When we lived in PA our voting place was at a fire station. #1 was 3 at the time and it was so fun to take him with us to vote because he was really into trucks at the time.

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

Were you at my son's wedding reception?  The wedding was in town, then the bridal couple rode on top of the fire engine 15 miles to the firehouse where the ladies' auxiliary threw the reception.  

Alas no, the bridal couple didn't ride on an engine!

On 3/26/2022 at 4:31 AM, love2scrap said:

LOL hannah posted the same photo but with a full length view of her dress... and a very prominent hard on 😂

Screenshot_20220326-113007_Instagram.jpg

I thought it, then came here to see if anyone dared say it!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BensAllergies said:

When we lived in PA our voting place was at a fire station. #1 was 3 at the time and it was so fun to take him with us to vote because he was really into trucks at the time.

I live in western NY and I vote in a firehall, too!  I regularly see kids there looking at the trucks.

• Upvote 3

I vote at my kids’ elementary school. That’s why we always have big election days off. Because the schools are always voting places. I personally wish I’m we could just do more mail in voting. I usually do absentee but I wish they made it a little easier to do it. I swear voting should be easy for everyone.

• I Agree 6
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I'm almost positive that most of the Duggar sons/in-laws have gotten rings at White's & Co (https://www.whitesandcompanyjewelry.com/) in NWA - it's been featured on the show, their boxes are that similar robin's egg blue that's not quite the Tiffany's trademark blue. Well-marketed, haha. Abbie's ring came out of a similar box, I remember FJ discussing whether it Tiffany ring was possible at the time as well. 

Hmmm--we need a jewelry investigation.  The box texture looks like a current Tiffany's box: https://www.tiffany.com/world-of-tiffany/blue-box-story/ although, at least on my monitor, the color isn't correct.

I have a Tiffany ring (not humblebraggin', just saying) and the lining on the inside of the box is black, not white, but I can't say that they are all that way. My ring box also has a smooth texture, not that pebbly look the boxes seem to have know.

Believe of not, there is a lot of used Tiffany & Co. packaging for sale on Ebay and Etsy!

• Upvote 2

On 3/28/2022 at 3:08 PM, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Do you mean Photography by Britton

I meant eminton (not sure I spelled that right) - she also photographed Alison Bontrager's wedding 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Hmmm--we need a jewelry investigation.  The box texture looks like a current Tiffany's box: https://www.tiffany.com/world-of-tiffany/blue-box-story/ although, at least on my monitor, the color isn't correct.

Hannah saved stories under „wedding“ I think there was one story where they went her ring resized at White‘s & Co.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

On 3/28/2022 at 6:45 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The countriest wedding I’ve ever witnessed was an outdoor wedding where everyone sat on hay bales and the bride arrived on a fire truck since the groom was a firefighter. And then they had a bunch of bouncy houses and stuff in a field during the reception. The food was bbq. I don’t know if you can get any more country than that. Fun stuff.

How about a hunting themed wedding with the bridesmaids in orange with camo print shawls and the bride's train made of the camo fabric? Reception in the bride's step-dad's barn with deer and pheasant themed decor. 

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, catlady said:

I live in western NY and I vote in a firehall, too!  I regularly see kids there looking at the trucks.

I'm in central NY. Most of our voting locations are church halls. I always feel weird going in after growing up Catholic lol. God's like "oh there she is again, nice to see you once every 2 years to vote."

11 hours ago, louisa05 said:

How about a hunting themed wedding with the bridesmaids in orange with camo print shawls and the bride's train made of the camo fabric? Reception in the bride's step-dad's barn with deer and pheasant themed decor. 

My sister in laws wedding was half hunting themed. She had no camo on her dress and we bridesmaids wore burgundy colored gowns the groomsmen wore camo vests, the groom had a camo vest and accessories. The grooms cake was camo themed as well. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

I'm in central NY. Most of our voting locations are church halls. I always feel weird going in after growing up Catholic lol. God's like "oh there she is again, nice to see you once every 2 years to vote."

My sister in laws wedding was half hunting themed. She had no camo on her dress and we bridesmaids wore burgundy colored gowns the groomsmen wore camo vests, the groom had a camo vest and accessories. The grooms cake was camo themed as well. 

This was a cousin. The theme wasn’t the worst part. The worst part was that the bride was in a same sex relationship a year earlier. Her mother got her suitably churched and they prayed the gay away and found a groom. 

• Sad 5
  • WTF 2

There used to be a topic discussing all the different Duggar weddings and dresses, but I can’t find it.

It’s been awhile since I’ve ranked the dresses/wedding looks, I guess with the show being done there are less pictures online to go by. I don’t imagine my rankings have changed much, as some of the dresses are just a white blur of full skirts and cap sleeves, but I’ve got some thoughts.

I’m glad Hannah had a full sheer sleeve, and not sheer/lace over short (like Katey). I think the sheer over short sleeve is less flattering. The application of beads/sparkles is kind of cute and quirky in a modern way, and I like that it doesn’t look like a heavily altered modesty monstrosity, and she looks good in the dress. Also the bridesmaid dresses are a pretty colour (but I think Abbie’s bridesmaid dresses with the sparkly blush top are probably my favourite).

Claire’s dress was meh for me, but I like that she had a pretty bridal updo with flowers in her hair.

Katey’s dress is also meh. Like I said before, the short sleeved lining under the longer sleeves isn’t terribly flattering. Also a little more sheerness or contrast in the bodice lining would have made the lace stand out more, but I’m a worldly hussy who doesn’t care about modesty.

• Upvote 8

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic