IGNORED

Jeremiah and Hannah: Finally Declared

Coconut Flan

On 3/25/2022 at 11:31 PM, love2scrap said:

LOL hannah posted the same photo but with a full length view of her dress... and a very prominent hard on 😂

Screenshot_20220326-113007_Instagram.jpg

Oh his love abounds alright…

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

I would understand the confetti think if they were like two 19-year-olds marrying. Definitely something I'd think was fun when I was younger. But she's almost 27-years-old, it seems a little past her age. However, if that's what they think is fun, more power to them! Sorry to the people at the church who have to sweep it up though! 😂

• Upvote 8

The wedding video has been uploaded on Youtube, i guess this is not legal though...😐

Edited by elisa

I'm 29 and I thought the confetti was fun and her pearls/shimmer/dots on the dress was nice whimsy for anyone, especially a fundie. Fundie women get so few days about that and I hope Hannah enjoyed it and gets to enjoy being a blushing bride for a bit before the child-rearing starts.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3

47 minutes ago, elisa said:

The wedding video has been uploaded on Youtube (with no sound), i guess this is not legal though...😐

There is now a video up with sound.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Oh his love abounds alright…

Thread title possibility lol 

and with only four in the wedding party each side it actually looked like a semi normal wedding not a circus. 
A normal person looking at would not even pick up any churchy fundie vibes. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

23 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Thread title possibility lol 

and with only four in the wedding party each side it actually looked like a semi normal wedding not a circus. 
A normal person looking at would not even pick up any churchy fundie vibes. 

Although the wedding party couples running down the aisle after the ceremony is weird.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 10

None of the Wissmanns have rebelled in any major way so I’m guessing these two will stick with the fundie beliefs for awhile yet. 

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Cam said:

Although the wedding party couples running down the aisle after the ceremony is weird.

I thought it was cute. I have defintirly seen that kind of celebration after a wedding. The wedding party always leaves with more fanfare and celebration. I thought they seemed downright normal there.

• Upvote 1

The wedding was very normal except  the usual stuff like the word „submit“, first kiss in front of everyone etc. Even Dad Wissmanns speech was okay. And they had a sit down meal afterwards.

• Upvote 7

24 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I thought it was cute. I have defintirly seen that kind of celebration after a wedding. The wedding party always leaves with more fanfare and celebration. I thought they seemed downright normal there.

I’ve honestly never seen it at a mainstream wedding. And I’ve been to way too many weddings in my life. I’ve only seen it at fundie weddings. I’ve been a bridesmaid in 4 weddings and I would hate running down an aisle in heels and a long dress. It’s a wonder no one trips and falls flat on their faces at these fundie weddings. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Plus I just don't see how running down a church aisle is respectful and reverent. I know that evangelical and fundamentalist Christianity don't focus as much on sacredness of space as some, but galloping down a church aisle after the life long bonding in holy matrimony?! A kiss and normal hug to your fiancee is definitely not godly but a foot race in church is? No logic in that. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

Someone on Reddit said that it was Lauren singing with Jason smuggyface. Was it??

• Upvote 1

I don't think they are likely to leave their beliefs behind any time soon (or possibly ever), but that's still the future I wish for their kids.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve honestly never seen it at a mainstream wedding. And I’ve been to way too many weddings in my life. I’ve only seen it at fundie weddings. I’ve been a bridesmaid in 4 weddings and I would hate running down an aisle in heels and a long dress. It’s a wonder no one trips and falls flat on their faces at these fundie weddings. 

Maybe it is regional? I mean I am not sure if I would call what I see running, but the exit procession definitely moves faster and is a lot more of a celebration. I would say that only a third of the weddings I have been to as an adult have been in churches though. 

the last time I was a bridesmaid, we definitely ran down the aisle and the groom swung hte bride around, but it was an outdoor wedding. 

Generally the procession is slow and revananent and the exit is lot more fun and upbeat. 

Edited by CanadianMamam

My sister was in town this week so I made her watch the Livestream with me. Pretty tame for her first fundie wedding!

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Plus I just don't see how running down a church aisle is respectful and reverent. I know that evangelical and fundamentalist Christianity don't focus as much on sacredness of space as some, but galloping down a church aisle after the life long bonding in holy matrimony?! A kiss and normal hug to your fiancee is definitely not godly but a foot race in church is? No logic in that. 

Fundies, for all their alleged emphasis on purity and matrimony, all talk about the importance of marriage as a holy bond between a man and a woman, ordained by God (or Jesus? Sometimes they confuse me here), the “natural” state, for how only marriage makes you an actual adult in their circles (at least as a man) and for how they live to brag about their rules and lifestyle throughout the ceremony- they show a shocking lack of respect for the ceremony. Many turn it into some sort of circus action. They seem to be oblivious that you can have both: Instagrammable looks AND some respect/dignity/seriousness of this step. 
To each their own, but it seems normal people, choosing a church ceremony approach it way more thoughtful and respectful. Maybe because it’s a choice? So they decided on “God’s presence” for a reason and made a conscious decision? And I am not talking about single elements like a quicker leaving after the kiss (though most here wouldn’t understand why you would do it in a church) or confetti. It’s the whole vibe. 

• Upvote 8

I feel like there is an overlap with 'fundie' and 'mainstram country' and something's that hey labelled fundie here are just  general rural community behavior. If that makes sense. 

(Signed a country girl who is very much not fundie)

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, sansan said:

I forgot all about Stephen Wissmann, did anyone see him?

yes, he assisted the (?)grandmother down the aisle

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I feel like there is an overlap with 'fundie' and 'mainstram country' and something's that hey labelled fundie here are just  general rural community behavior. If that makes sense. 

(Signed a country girl who is very much not fundie)

I will admit there are discussions after all of our Fundy weddings that we talk about, the pal formal or informal they did this or if they did or didn't do something that people are used to seeing at weddings.

Weddings are cultural, regional, and influenced by social economic status.

When my peers in the Midwest were getting married in the 90s (small towns, not usually larger metropolitan areas), if there was music and dancing they usually had a dollar dance, in which the men in attendance would pay to dance with the bride. The money went to help the couple out in starting their new life.

Cultural norms can also be broken- I was so grateful to my sister because she decided not to throw the wedding bouquet. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Confetti is just messy. I hate messy.

Me too. My former roommate who I love dearly and who is also godmother to my baby bear LOVES confetti. That might be the only aspect of our time living together in which there might have been a 'conflict' or two.

I like her dress and the BM dresses.. I'd put more effort in my hair if I were her, but here I am sitting in my workout clothes with baby spit up on them, so who am I to judge??
I have to admit this Duggar boy is definitely the most handsome of the brothers.

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic