IGNORED

Webster4Eva 10: If Alyssa Doesn't Record It, Then Does It Really Exist?

nelliebelle1197

I know plenty of people who drink pop. But I’ve found there’s a class distinction when it comes to pop. Working class and middle class folks will drink stuff like Mt dew or coke. But more upper middle class will drink La Croix or Bubly. My favorite pop is diet cranberry Sierra Mist. But it’s only around at Christmas. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I read it like they didn't know. As in, they arrived to the airport at their designated time, got the TSA treatment, and then found out that the flight was delayed. Sometimes it's delayed by an hour, then that changes to two hours after that, then again. Sometimes that stuff happens after you board. 

If they kept getting updates that they would be boarding in 30 minutes, then 30 minutes, it might explain why they didn't just go to a restaurant. I can't imagine trying to get four kids to do anything quickly if the situation changed. 

That, and I know my kids would have been hungry anyway by the time they were off the plane, even if they did eat at some point during the delays, or had been snacking. 

• Upvote 3

I have 2 kids and still don't get the prepackaged stuff. Maybe because I'd rather save money than time. If the kids want a quick snack and I'm not available, they can grab a banana. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

I buy precut melon for myself because I don't see myself eating three entire melons before it goes bad, and I also hate cutting melons. I like having all three at the same time. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

I read it like they didn't know. As in, they arrived to the airport at their designated time, got the TSA treatment, and then found out that the flight was delayed. Sometimes it's delayed by an hour, then that changes to two hours after that, then again. Sometimes that stuff happens after you board. 

If they kept getting updates that they would be boarding in 30 minutes, then 30 minutes, it might explain why they didn't just go to a restaurant. I can't imagine trying to get four kids to do anything quickly if the situation changed. 

But, these are the kind of people who routinely eat McD and Subway…they wouldn’t go to a sit down place with all those kids. One of the parents could have sat with 3 kids at the gate, while the other ran over with Lexi to p/u sandwiches or burgers. I can’t imagine waiting 5-6 hours over the dinner hours without either parent thinking to grab food for the kids. That’s crazy. These folks aren’t anti- fast food-

• Upvote 5

28 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

But, these are the kind of people who routinely eat McD and Subway…they wouldn’t go to a sit down place with all those kids. One of the parents could have sat with 3 kids at the gate, while the other ran over with Lexi to p/u sandwiches or burgers. I can’t imagine waiting 5-6 hours over the dinner hours without either parent thinking to grab food for the kids. That’s crazy. These folks aren’t anti- fast food-

Well, that would make sense. Do they have common sense? 

Maybe all the fast food joints were closed in their terminal? Not likely for a mid afternoon/evening flight, but I've been in some janky airports with nothing open. 

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Well, that would make sense. Do they have common sense? 

Maybe all the fast food joints were closed in their terminal? Not likely for a mid afternoon/evening flight, but I've been in some janky airports with nothing open. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were at terminal A at Reagan National waiting for a Southwest flight. The food options there really suck. 

• Upvote 5

27 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were at terminal A at Reagan National waiting for a Southwest flight. The food options there really suck. 

I flew for the 1st time post-pandemic in June — there was virtually nothing open at the airport but bars and souvenirs. I was not happy because I’d been waiting to get my big cup of coffee until I got through the gates! I do not function in the mornings without my big cup of coffee 😑

• I Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

I flew for the 1st time post-pandemic in June — there was virtually nothing open at the airport but bars and souvenirs. I was not happy because I’d been waiting to get my big cup of coffee until I got through the gates! I do not function in the mornings without my big cup of coffee 😑

I take the same trip every year (not 2020) on the same weekend. And we usually go to the airport early and get a bloody mary and watch football. This year the bar was closed. Then starbucks closed at 11 am, and the only food was snacks from the bookstore. I figured it was just small airport problems. 

• Upvote 2

We travel a lot, and have traveled to our So American home 3 times during Covid. In larger airports, to-go places are still open. Sit down places are harder to find.

The last time I flew, my flight was delayed for 5 hours. It was awful. The only food available was a small bar that was terrible. I was super annoyed because I was supposed to hav es long layover at a larger airport with lots of food options and instead got stuck in this small regional airport with terrible food and I just barely made my connecting flight. 

I haven’t seen her video, so question, since this is described as a “haul” did she maybe go to Sam’s or Costco.  Given the behavior/trend with other family vloggers I watch, they typically go to one of the two stores and stock up on the packaged types of foods.  They may get fruits/vegetables but the. They admittedly do more of that sort of grocery shopping at a “regular” grocery store.  

49 minutes ago, clueliss said:

I haven’t seen her video, so question, since this is described as a “haul” did she maybe go to Sam’s or Costco.  Given the behavior/trend with other family vloggers I watch, they typically go to one of the two stores and stock up on the packaged types of foods.  They may get fruits/vegetables but the. They admittedly do more of that sort of grocery shopping at a “regular” grocery store.  

This is what I do. If I go to Costco, it is a lot of hte packaged stuff because it is cheaper to buy in bulk. I even portion in out by weeks in ziploc bags (things like granola bars) snd then use those bags to pack school lunches. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, JuanitaBanana said:

I have 2 kids and still don't get the prepackaged stuff. Maybe because I'd rather save money than time. If the kids want a quick snack and I'm not available, they can grab a banana. 

And how many snacks does a toddler/kindergartener eat additional to the three big meals? Here the norm would be one to two. Which is highly influenced by how their eating times are structured at nursery (6m-3) and kindergarten (3-6/7). And at school age (given it’s 6 here) they are most definitely able to get themselves something more from the fridge then just a prepackaged snack if they are hungry (like scoop themselves up a yoghurt and sit down to eat it or grab an apple or banana). But I know they often start letting them try to put their own Creme cheese on bread with children knives (spoiler: it’s a mess but they are so into it it’s hilarious) already at around age 2 in daycare, so obviously you kind of expect them to be able to do that at 6/7.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

And how many snacks does a toddler/kindergartener eat additional to the three big meals? Here the norm would be one to two. Which is highly influenced by how their eating times are structured at nursery (6m-3) and kindergarten (3-6/7). And at school age (given it’s 6 here) they are most definitely able to get themselves something more from the fridge then just a prepackaged snack if they are hungry (like scoop themselves up a yoghurt and sit down to eat it or grab an apple or banana). But I know they often start letting them try to put their own Creme cheese on bread with children knives (spoiler: it’s a mess but they are so into it it’s hilarious) already at around age 2 in daycare, so obviously you kind of expect them to be able to do that at 6/7.

My kids eat about a million snacks a day. My middle child for lunch at school takes 10-11 items (some of which are large like pizza slices) and eats it all, plus breakfast and dinner and additional 3-4 snacks a day. On weekends, they seem to be constantly eating. 

As for kids helping themselves, They can, but they dirty dishes, leave crumbs, etc. And it’s more work for me. I would much rather my kids help themselves to a yogurt cup than dirty several bowls and spoons, get yogurt on the counter (they wipe it up, but not perfectly), etc. My 10 year old is fully independent snack wise and the 8 year old is almost there and I won’t need the easy options for them much longer but the 5 year old still needs them or would need constant assistance. 

• Upvote 3

And Alyssa is not the type to easily deal with additional messes. Growing up in Chez Bates really did a number on her. She seems to want to do things her own way, except for the religion and absurd procreation. Unfortunately she picked the wrong ideals to 100% stick with-

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

As for kids helping themselves, They can, but they dirty dishes, leave crumbs, etc. And it’s more work for me. I would much rather my kids help themselves to a yogurt cup than dirty several bowls and spoons, get yogurt on the counter (they wipe it up, but not perfectly), etc. My 10 year old is fully independent snack wise and the 8 year old is almost there and I won’t need the easy options for them much longer but the 5 year old still needs them or would need constant assistance. 

I can certainly understand this approach, it saves parents from a lot of stress. I took a different approach, though. The more experience the kids had in the kitchen, the sooner they'd learn how to do things properly. I liked my kids to learn how to make sandwiches, cut up apples, reheat leftovers, etc. Messes can be cleaned up at night.

• Upvote 3

watching my six year old make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is pretty funny. I swear it takes him forever because he’s trying so hard to spread everything perfectly. 

• Love 9

And I know we all know this, but…unless you’re eating/serving plain yogurt, and not the the kind marketed for kids, yogurt is no better for a kid than soda or candy. That flavored crap is filled with added sugar. And yes, 25 years ago I fed it to my kids too. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

And I know we all know this, but…unless you’re eating/serving plain yogurt, and not the the kind marketed for kids, yogurt is no better for a kid than soda or candy. That flavored crap is filled with added sugar. And yes, 25 years ago I fed it to my kids too. 

I know, offering your kid a banana is so much better and cheaper.

On 10/1/2021 at 6:04 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I'm a DC/Baltimore person, fixed it for you. We always say National.

But were they flying from there? Not Dulles? It'd be cheaper.

• Love 2

2 hours ago, freethemall said:

I'm a DC/Baltimore person, fixed it for you. We always say National.

But were they flying from there? Not Dulles? It'd be cheaper.

I usually say National too, but thought it might be helpful to include Reagan for those who don’t live here. Getting into town from Dulles is a pain in the ass, and Southwest’s fares to the two airports are usually pretty close.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

On 10/1/2021 at 12:14 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

When my kids were little and I knew we would be getting home late, I usually put them in their jammies and pull-ups before we started driving home. Then when we got home, I could take them straight upstairs and to bed. It was just easier that way.  

When I was really young, people used to decorate a lot more for Christmas.  I'm talking about lighted up lawn ornaments (my parents had a plastic Rudolph with a red light for his nose, a couple of other reindeer, and a Santa in his sled, all lit up and put on the front lawn).  So after dinner on Christmas Eve, my folks would get us all in our pajamas and put us in the backseat of the car with a couple of blankets.  As we drove around looking at all the decorations, we'd fall asleep.  We'd wake up the next morning ready for presents!

When more kids arrived and people seemed to decorate less (I think there was an energy crunch or something), our Christmas Eve changed to being allowed to open one present on Christmas Eve and the rest the next day.

On 10/2/2021 at 1:31 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

watching my six year old make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is pretty funny. I swear it takes him forever because he’s trying so hard to spread everything perfectly. 

Quick hint, for helping kids spread thick toppings like peanut butter and jelly, wrap up the slices of bread and freeze them.  Make sure the toppings are at room temperature.  There's a lot less tearing of the bread, and it thaws pretty fast, so by the time they're ready to eat their masterpiece, it's good to go.  After they've mastered spreading out the toppings, they're ready to try it on room temperature bread.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

The CDC requires masks in airports unless you are a fundie influencer making content, apparently. 

The VSCO vectors are en route to Miami to lunch and shop with their friend Tikki. 

0E9987FF-B60F-4DAE-9B35-B38F46CFB670.png

Edited by Dominionatrix
  • Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, Dominionatrix said:

The CDC requires masks in airports unless you are a fundie influencer making content, apparently. 

The VSCO vectors are en route to Miami to lunch and shop with their friend Tikki. 

0E9987FF-B60F-4DAE-9B35-B38F46CFB670.png

Probably picking up their freebies. Wonder who is watching all the Webster girls? That is no small task. Did g-mama, granny Bates stay behind to watch all those young children blessings?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic