IGNORED

Webster4Eva 10: If Alyssa Doesn't Record It, Then Does It Really Exist?

nelliebelle1197

Fundie finance is always boggling! Why don't the laws of the universe apply why does their money seem to be unlimited at times 

• Upvote 10

I get family photos taken every year. It's like $200 but it means I have at least one set of photos of all of us every year. Taking pictures of the kids is easy, but pictures of then all together or with my husband and I in them is harder. I love the memories associated with the photos as well. 

My husband and I agreed to the once a year shoot when we got married, he knew it was important to me. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

I get family photos taken every year. It's like $200 but it means I have at least one set of photos of all of us every year. Taking pictures of the kids is easy, but pictures of then all together or with my husband and I in them is harder. I love the memories associated with the photos as well. 

My husband and I agreed to the once a year shoot when we got married, he knew it was important to me. 

So how many do you buy? I know a young family who has professional photos twice a year. Which boggles my mind. We are in the process of scanning/digitalizing all of our older photos. Dealing with physical photographs is so hard…can’t save everything. We are in our 60s and trying to get our affairs in order, so others won’t have to make the hard decisions later-

• Upvote 3
  • Love 4

9 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

So how many do you buy? I know a young family who has professional photos twice a year. Which boggles my mind. We are in the process of scanning/digitalizing all of our older photos. Dealing with physical photographs is so hard…can’t save everything. We are in our 60s and trying to get our affairs in order, so others won’t have to make the hard decisions later-

When I get photos done, it's all digital. They give us digital copies of the finished/edited photos and then we can print what we choose. I have some photo books and several framed photos, but the rest are.digital, including a digital frame. I love having instant access to the photos when I want to share them (like birthday posts).

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

We are in our 60s and trying to get our affairs in order, so others won’t have to make the hard decisions later-

You probably have at least a decade or two of photo-worthy adventures ahead of you, unless there's a chronic illness involved.

• Love 3

11 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Dealing with physical photographs is so hard…can’t save everything. We are in our 60s and trying to get our affairs in order, so others won’t have to make the hard decisions later-

Good for you. My mother-in-law had huge numbers of printed photos. When she suddenly had to move to a nursing home (in her mid-70s), my husband rented a storage unit for them. 🙄

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SassyPants said:

That is awesome! My husband and I have been cleaning up after my grandparents, uncle, mom and dad, who all lived in this house at some point. We've had to go through stuff that's here since my dad was a kid here. I lost count of the amount of dumpsters we've rented and the trunk fulls of clothes, dishes, etc that we donated. We are in our late 40's but already looking at our own possessions through the eyes of "what will come of this when we aren't here anymore?" Moving in here, combined with covid nudged us towards finally getting our wills and stuff in order. I dread the day that we will need to do this for my in laws. They have a huge house and haven't gotten rid of anything. Hell they still have a baby room and toy room at their house and there the grandkids are all teens and adults. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 4

11 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

You probably have at least a decade or two of photo-worthy adventures ahead of you, unless there's a chronic illness involved.

Of course, but who prints volumes of photos anymore? All our more current photos are digitalized-

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Of course, but who prints volumes of photos anymore? All our more current photos are digitalized-

I do! I don't enjoy digital photos as much as I enjoy prints. I love going through photo albums since I was a little girl. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 3

On 10/18/2021 at 11:46 PM, JustEnough said:

I agree. Even the bigger girls looked like their dresses were too big. But really none were as big as the bow on Allie’s head. 😏

Also she captioned the pics of them in their dresses as the moments that Maci met her great grandparents for the first time. Does that mean those little people had to travel all that way in those outfits? Grandma Jane was in jeans and a sweatshirt so it’s not like they all dressed up to go somewhere after they got there.

The pics/screen caps: (first time trying to put a pic under a spoiler so hopefully this works)

Hide contents

2CFA79B9-BCAD-4B44-8E54-C02D4AA98C79.thumb.jpeg.0ac63554b7802f24aa0544aa98bc8dbf.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

8A7F1BD4-125C-4B07-AF8A-2C5059806077.thumb.jpeg.06ac46773b0b87175d9262cd8cf7cb09.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

1C6FEF3F-C130-4EFC-A1F2-AE1A987441BE.thumb.jpeg.123807868f1bf625f9d5da04208f617a.jpeg

When Alyssa dresses up her girls it always looks like they’re wearing costumes and playing dress up instead of actual real clothes designed for children. I don’t even know where she finds things like that to put them in. Or where Tiki finds them. 

Also, Papa Bill is by far the best dressed person in that entire family. Soft white cotton button downs instead of those brightly colored polyester shirts the rest of the Bates men wear (ahem, John, looking at you). Pants that actually fit him, comfortable canvas shoes in a non-garish color, and that dashing news-boy cap! Papa Bill, fashion maven. Alyssa should take notes from him instead of Tiki. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

Today on IG, picking up KJ (0300 on delayed flight from Italy into Newark and then on to Orlando) and the girls at 0700 for a girls’ pre wedding trip. These gals are going to kill KJ. She doesn’t look healthy at all. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Today on IG, picking up KJ (0300 on delayed flight from Italy into Newark and then on to Orlando) and the girls at 0700 for a girls’ pre wedding trip. These gals are going to kill KJ. She doesn’t look healthy at all. 

My mom has two daughters and helped a lot with both weddings. Thankfully they were 9 years apart and not back to back. When you have 10 daughters and 9 sons, you need to take these sorts of things into consideration. You aren’t just busy when you have a bunch of little kids in the house. You are also busy when they are all getting married. They all expect the same treatment as the first wedding you helped with. They expect you to be there right after each baby is born. She pushes young marriage. She pushes no birth control. She brought this on herself. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My mom has two daughters and helped a lot with both weddings. Thankfully they were 9 years apart and not back to back. When you have 10 daughters and 9 sons, you need to take these sorts of things into consideration. You aren’t just busy when you have a bunch of little kids in the house. You are also busy when they are all getting married. They all expect the same treatment as the first wedding you helped with. They expect you to be there right after each baby is born. She pushes young marriage. She pushes no birth control. She brought this on herself. 

I think the G2 Bateses have unrealistic expectations. Yes, my parents did most of the wedding planning as I am their only daughter. They did babysit my daughter when I was giving birth to my son as it was Summer, and my mom, a teacher, was off. But, I brought him home the first week of September, so my mom could not help. My MIL was also a teacher and working. Also, none of her parents lived close to us, so multiple hours of driving would have been involved. There was zero expectation for help after birthing children. Granted, all of our parents, with the exception of my FIL, were still working when ours were born. And how many showers, shopping, fittings, mani/pedis, get aways is the norm with these people? How many fancy trips associated? I’m telling you, KJ is not going to live to a ripe old age as she does not guard her own health! 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I think the G2 Bateses have unrealistic expectations. Yes, my parents did most of the wedding planning as I am their only daughter. They did babysit my daughter when I was giving birth to my son as it was Summer, and my mom, a teacher, was off. But, I brought him home the first week of September, so my mom could not help. My MIL was also a teacher and working. Also, none of her parents lived close to us, so multiple hours of driving would have been involved. There was zero expectation for help after birthing children. Granted, all of our parents, with the exception of my FIL, were still working when ours were born. And how many showers, shopping, fittings, mani/pedis, get aways is the norm with these people? How many fancy trips associated? I’m telling you, KJ is not going to live to a ripe old age as she does not guard her own health! 

Kelly can say no. We know she said no all the time when the kids were young. I don’t disagree about her health. She’s probably wore the fuck out. But it’s her choice. If she ends up in the hospital, it’s her own crappy choices. 

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yep. It's the reality of life with 19 kids. Once Katie's wedding is done, it will be time for Finley to be born and then Carlin's baby a few months later and at some point Lawson's wedding and by the point that is fine Katie and/or Esther will be pregnant and then possibly a Trace proposal. It is a never ending cycle.

And remember, a lot of this is filmed for the show. They use these events to make content for a show that they get paid for. 

• Upvote 19
  • Thank You 1

Whose homeschooling while she's flying around the world?? Seems like there is always a reason to hop on a plane these days. I hope the last 4 can at least  read and are on correct grade level. 

• Upvote 15

5 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Whose homeschooling while she's flying around the world?? Seems like there is always a reason to hop on a plane these days. I hope the last 4 can at least  read and are on correct grade level. 

Probably whoever does the homeschooling when she is there. I have the impression that she’s been delegating it for years.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2

I'm almost hoping this means the kids are getting homeschooled online. While I'm sure it's still SOTDRT-worthy, it's probably better than literally sitting at the dining room table with Kelly Jo. One can hope!

• Upvote 6

14 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Kelly is clearly exhausted. Well, a 3 day trip Tennessee-Italy must be more than exhausting, but if you come from a wedding and several pre-wedding events, it must be killing!

Of course, I have little sympathy. Kelly is living in a non-stop party: showers, bachelorette, weddings, proposals, vacations... But living like that is going to cause her a health problem IMO. Kelly has had different health issues recently and well, she is a woman whose body sustained 19 pregnancies and births, no joke.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I don’t see KJ in any of the photos from the Bachlorette get away. I wonder if she is babysitting some of the kids at Alyssa’s house?

27 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I don’t see KJ in any of the photos from the Bachlorette get away. I wonder if she is babysitting some of the kids at Alyssa’s house?

Isnt Ellie doing that already? I also didnt see any picture of Ellie there. I know she is not a bridesmaid but since she was already in Florida and she is just a year younger than Addee i thought they would include her.

Edited by llucie
spelling
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, llucie said:

Isnt Ellie doing that already? I also didnt see any picture of Ellie there. I know she is not a bridesmaid but since she was already in Florida and she is just a year younger than Addee i thought they would include her.

I think Ellie is in Florida to watch the Webster girls. Michaela has Layla during the day. Whitney's kids are at the big house. Not sure about Josie's two, but Kelton probably has more flexibility than Evan (who is still in school/doing apprentice hours).

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 3

I find it astonishing that they trust a 14-year old to babysit four small children, including a crawling baby, all day in a house with a pool. So much for treating them like blessings!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic