IGNORED

Webster4Eva 10: If Alyssa Doesn't Record It, Then Does It Really Exist?

nelliebelle1197

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

WTH- today’s story on IG. Their return flight was delayed by 5 hours so instead of getting in at 5PM, they didn’t land until 11PM. When they got home they needed to feed the kids dinner and bathe all 4? WHAT? You didn’t feed them during your 5 hour wait at the airport? And baths at midnight? Can’t blame that on Covid as your mask compliance with the girls is abysmal! Wash their hands and faces, change their clothes and put them in bed. No one but the baby needed to eat. Good Lord the lack of common sense is astounding.

i am a terrible Mum I would have feed them at dinner time whereever we were and when we got home I asumme and hope they would be asleep in the car, their shoes and socks would be off and if they were in uncomfy clothes like jeans those too but more likely   would dress them comfy for the flight. they would be in bed in what they wore on the plane excepting any major mess on clothes. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, AussieKrissy said:

i am a terrible Mum I would have feed them at dinner time whereever we were and when we got home I asumme and hope they would be asleep in the car, their shoes and socks would be off and if they were in uncomfy clothes like jeans those too but more likely   would dress them comfy for the flight. they would be in bed in what they wore on the plane excepting any major mess on clothes. 

Truth be told, mine would have been dressed in sweats for the flight home, and if delayed for multiple hours  resulting in us getting home near MN, they’d have gone straight to bed. 4 kids, baths+ dinner (probably Mickie D knowing the Websters) at midnight ? That’s crazy.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, indianabones said:

They rent them out on Lake Union in Seattle. Here's an article about it.

cheers for that, I looked at it and thought at first omggggg yess wannnnt 

then I thought I would be sitting there drinking booze with my friends and then we would all have to break the seal and we would then be sitting in copious amounts of urine ahhhh no thanks 

I would love it if it was on the deck of a bigger boat so you could get out to pee. 

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

where was that...

I want a hot tub boat???!!!!

Here’s a screenshot I took from the (public) Instagram account of Bethany Chavez. The hot tub boat looks so relaxing IMO. I’d totally go in one.
Bethany is the woman who got married last weekend, with Alyssa and her daughters being part of her wedding. That’s why I mentioned her and the boat in this thread. 

C6A3DC7B-0376-43C3-94D4-E0DACA83C54F.thumb.jpeg.57700b26c74eec8884e60ff5b4fd4f9a.jpeg

• Thank You 1
  • Love 1

The one and only time my kid got a bath in the middle of the night was when he was a baby and had a total poo explosion all the way up his back and everywhere when he was sleeping. There was no other way I could do a good job of cleaning him up without an actual bath. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

I think it depends. Were the children very awake, maybe even quite hyper because overtired? Why not feed and bath them. Half asleep children? Straight to bed.

Did they maybe feed them just snacks and sugar in between? I can’t see children that age not having a complete meltdown in such a situation without any food.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I think it depends. Were the children very awake, maybe even quite hyper because overtired? Why not feed and bath them. Half asleep children? Straight to bed.

Did they maybe feed them just snacks and sugar in between? I can’t see children that age not having a complete meltdown in such a situation without any food.

I imagine they drove through McD or some other fast food open late at night. Then they fed it to them at home and called it "Giving them dinner."

• Upvote 2

She showed her grocery haul. The Websters drink a great deal of soda and eat lots of Pop and Fresh sweet rolls ( she had multiple cans) and many of those pre-made frozen PB & Js. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

She showed her grocery haul. The Websters drink a great deal of soda and eat lots of Pop and Fresh sweet rolls ( she had multiple cans) and many of those pre-made frozen PB & Js. 

I totally get doing was easiest when you have little ones. I would do the same thing if I head 4 kids that age. Everything would be quick, easy, and accessible. But she should try some healthier snacks that are super easy. Like cheese sticks and yogurt tubes for protein. And then lots of fruit readily cut up for them. I kicked my pop addiction years ago. I’m so glad I did. It was such a waste of money! All I drink is water and coffee these days. And it’s never bottled water. That’s way too much plastic. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Wasn’t Alyssa the Bates’ Family cook? I hope she ups the nutrition at dinner. I’m Assuming John drinks all those sodas. I really don’t know anyone, even young adult males, who still drink soda. Of course all of my nephews 21-40, do drink alcohol, so there’s the trade off. My oldster parents do drink bottled water. I can not wean them off😂 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I kicked my pop addiction years ago. I’m so glad I did. It was such a waste of money! All I drink is water and coffee these days. And it’s never bottled water. That’s way too much plastic. 

Congrats to you! It's impressive because it is much more difficult than many people realize. I also did it several years ago after numerous attempts throughout my life. Do you feel free? I feel free.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I totally get doing was easiest when you have little ones. I would do the same thing if I head 4 kids that age. Everything would be quick, easy, and accessible. But she should try some healthier snacks that are super easy. Like cheese sticks and yogurt tubes for protein.

They had a whole drawer of cheese and yogurts. I love how clean and organized her fridge is. That is a TON of soda, though. My grandmother used to keep a separate fridge in a spare room downstairs (split level) that always had just soda. I think it was mostly empty, with a pack of diet coke and a pack of diet caffeine free coke.  It was next to the chest freezer where the ice cream lived. A magical room of junk food. Also their was a "dry bar" just outside of that room that no one ever used. I'm really missing Mackinaw Island Fudge right now, the only ice cream I ever liked. 

I also don't know anyone who drinks soda and whenever I notice someone buying it at the store it's because it's an entire cart of it. Looking it up at my grocery store - it's really expensive, too. Water is like $102/year in my area. Soda is $8/six pack. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bobology said:

Congrats to you! It's impressive because it is much more difficult than many people realize. I also did it several years ago after numerous attempts throughout my life. Do you feel free? I feel free.

The pandemic (keeping me home away from cafeterias lunches!) has caused me to really decrease my soda consumption. Now I just have a soda once a week, maybe less, and I savor it so much more!

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Bobology said:

Yes! Especially since I’m not picky about water and I can get water anywhere. I don’t have to bring a pop with me if I’m going to be away from home for long. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

They had a whole drawer of cheese and yogurts. I love how clean and organized her fridge is. That is a TON of soda, though.

It looked odd to me. SO MUCH pre-packaged stuff… Or is that normal in the US? I only saw all kinds of white plastic (and soda). Where are the vegetables? In our fridge, the entire bottom drawer is full of vegetables (except when we need to go grocery shopping, but then all the shelves / drawers in our fridge are pretty much empty.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I totally get doing was easiest when you have little ones. I would do the same thing if I head 4 kids that age. Everything would be quick, easy, and accessible. But she should try some healthier snacks that are super easy. Like cheese sticks and yogurt tubes for protein. And then lots of fruit readily cut up for them. I kicked my pop addiction years ago. I’m so glad I did. It was such a waste of money! All I drink is water and coffee these days. And it’s never bottled water. That’s way too much plastic.

She did have yogurt and cheese and some applesauce packets. I am a little jealous over how organized her fridge is.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Wasn’t Alyssa the Bates’ Family cook? I hope she ups the nutrition at dinner. I’m Assuming John drinks all those sodas. I really don’t know anyone, even young adult males, who still drink soda. Of course all of my nephews 21-40, do drink alcohol, so there’s the trade off. My oldster parents do drink bottled water. I can not wean them off😂 

Everyone I know still drinks pop. Regional thing? But eveyone I know has pop in there house. I do wish I could break the habit.

36 minutes ago, GreenBeans said:

It looked odd to me. SO MUCH pre-packaged stuff… Or is that normal in the US? I only saw all kinds of white plastic (and soda). Where are the vegetables? In our fridge, the entire bottom drawer is full of vegetables (except when we need to go grocery shopping, but then all the shelves / drawers in our fridge are pretty much empty.

Her fruit and vegetable drawers were full. They were at the bottom, above the freexer and the were closed but you could see that there was stuff in there.

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

28 minutes ago, GreenBeans said:

Most people in the us put veggies in the bottom drawer, with fruit. 

My fridge is older, so the plastic isn't as white and the clear plastic is cloudy. So I will not be photographing it. However, I have two drawers on the bottom, with a shelf, then asymmetric shelves. We keep condiments in the door. We don't drink milk. The top shelf for us is almost all jars of homemade kimchee. Then there is a shelf for tall things, with a shallow drawer which is supposed to be for meat but we put cheeses in it. The bottom left drawer is veggies. The right drawer on the bottom holds a 5 year old candy bar and some smoked salmon, age unknown. 

In my oold house I kept milk in the door but since we don't keep milk on hand anymore I just stick it wherever if I buy one. 

Everything in the Walmarts is individually packaged. I don't shop there because ours is disgusting and smells weird. I don't even think it has a produce section. 

Regardless, I saw something resembling fruits and possible green in the drawer in Alyssas fridge. 

• Upvote 1

I am a sucker for prepackaged stuff now that I have kids. I’ll always buy the already cut up bagged baby carrots. I even buy melon already cut up because I just don’t feel like doing it. I get no joy out of cooking or preparing food. Therefore I often take the easy way out. 

• Upvote 8

I don't understand all the prepackaged stuff. Isn't it more expensive? Why not get a big piece of cheese or a big tub of yoghurt and just serve it in little cups or bowls for the kids? You save money and reduce the amount of plastic you throw away. 

The fridge is very clean and well organized but I still wouldn't brag about it on social media. Lots of sugar and processed food. I mean, I eat a lot of crap too but she knows people are going to pick apart every thing she posts so she should've shown the few fruits and veggies she had in the drawers. 

• Upvote 7

I think John and Alyssa are junk food junkies. The constant McDs, pizza, sugary coffee drinks, and now the soda and all those sweet rolls. Remember last year when they went on a weekend anniversary trip (sin girls) and they photographed all the crap they brought to snack on? Although, I’m not sure they feed the girls the same diet.
It doesn’t really dovetail well with Alyssa’s social media image of constant exercise and body shape awareness. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/28/2021 at 1:55 PM, SassyPants said:

WTH- today’s story on IG. Their return flight was delayed by 5 hours so instead of getting in at 5PM, they didn’t land until 11PM. When they got home they needed to feed the kids dinner and bathe all 4? WHAT? You didn’t feed them during your 5 hour wait at the airport? And baths at midnight? Can’t blame that on Covid as your mask compliance with the girls is abysmal! Wash their hands and faces, change their clothes and put them in bed. No one but the baby needed to eat. Good Lord the lack of common sense is astounding.

It would depend.

If they got home hungry and hot and sticky and dirty and awake but cranky cause they dozed off and on during the lay over and flight, and ride home — I’d do food and a bath to get them feeling like a more normal nighttime, so they’d be likely to settle down and sleep.

If they were zonked out, I’d leave them that way. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

When my kids were little and I knew we would be getting home late, I usually put them in their jammies and pull-ups before we started driving home. Then when we got home, I could take them straight upstairs and to bed. It was just easier that way.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

49 minutes ago, JuanitaBanana said:

I don't understand all the prepackaged stuff. Isn't it more expensive? Why not get a big piece of cheese or a big tub of yoghurt and just serve it in little cups or bowls for the kids? You save money and reduce the amount of plastic you throw away. 

The fridge is very clean and well organized but I still wouldn't brag about it on social media. Lots of sugar and processed food. I mean, I eat a lot of crap too but she knows people are going to pick apart every thing she posts so she should've shown the few fruits and veggies she had in the drawers. 

It is also more work. Plus if I had to put yogurt in a cup or bowl for my kids, I have to get it for.them where as they can get a yogurt cup from the fridge themselves. I'll pay more for that convenience. 

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

When my kids were little and I knew we would be getting home late, I usually put them in their jammies and pull-ups before we started driving home. Then when we got home, I could take them straight upstairs and to bed. It was just easier that way.  

I do this when we visit out of town relatives and will be late getting home. They get in PJs before they get in the car. 

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:
1 hour ago, JuanitaBanana said:

It is also more work. Plus if I had to put yogurt in a cup or bowl for my kids, I have to get it for.them where as they can get a yogurt cup from the fridge themselves. I'll pay more for that convenience

Exactly. Pre-kids me would have been horrified at the prepackaged stuff. But now I will happily pay for the convenience of them being able to get it themselves. 

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I read it like they didn't know. As in, they arrived to the airport at their designated time, got the TSA treatment, and then found out that the flight was delayed. Sometimes it's delayed by an hour, then that changes to two hours after that, then again. Sometimes that stuff happens after you board. 

If they kept getting updates that they would be boarding in 30 minutes, then 30 minutes, it might explain why they didn't just go to a restaurant. I can't imagine trying to get four kids to do anything quickly if the situation changed. 

• Upvote 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic