IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 10: Where In the World Is Allison Bon-Diego??

nelliebelle1197

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My guess if the 4 pregnancies: Lina, Cass. Bryn, and Allison.

Please don't let one of them be Chelsy.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 17

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My guess if the 4 pregnancies: Lina, Cass. Bryn, and Allison.

That would be my guess too, but there’s also Praise, who’s overdue for a pregnancy (according to their standards)…

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

That would be my guess too, but there’s also Praise, who’s overdue for a pregnancy (according to their standards)…

I had the same thought. Cass and Lina are both due for a pregnancy and have always been pregnant together (so far). However, Praise is overdue for an announcement, especially given that those two looked so into each other I wouldn’t have been surprised if they consummated while they were still at the altar. 

I hope they actually announce the babies, given how dark the younger couples have all gone. 

• Upvote 7

Since Bontragers seem to be the least likely to use any sort of birth control, I would guess Praise and Denver are dealing with infertility or a miscarriage. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

It looks like Carver might be living in Branson now. Which isn’t that far from the Duggars. Ugh. I bet he will go for Hannie once she’s 17. Joe Xiques is there too. 

CAC47B55-F606-4836-A5D7-251C847D89A8.jpeg

• Disgust 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 3

Brynleigh Noelle Bontrager was born on Saturday, per the Bontrager IG stories. Or, as she is better known among her family, #11 has arrived. 

I am late to the game; I see the news was already shared in the baby thread. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

5 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Brynleigh Noelle Bontrager was born on Saturday, per the Bontrager IG stories. Or, as she is better known among her family, #11 has arrived. 

I am late to the game; I see the news was already shared in the baby thread. 

In the announcement, her name is Brynleigh Noel Bontrager. I'm surprised it's Noel and not Noelle as Noelle is generally the girls version. 

I don't like the name, because it's too close to her mother's name. Usually these kinds of names are looked down, because of the style. It's not a particularly fundie style unless it's fundie to name after relatives. I think the style is fine.

It's interesting that she is #11. That means that no one had a baby since Chelsy had Madeline. Another fundie family (not known here) is also reaching 11 grandkids this week.

• Upvote 2

I was curious about the #freedomenjourneyshow from Carver's Insta and I don't think it's been mentioned anywhere here on FJ. To be blunt, I don't trust anything endorsed by a Bowers.

It turns out it is part of a mega-grift-o-rama. A group are fundraising to build a shiny new Freedom Museum. There's a brochure that will tell you 9 different ways you can donate, and even details how you can spread your donations over 3 years to 'maximise your pledge'. 

The museum is all about the freedumb (I refuse to name what they want as freedom) etc etc etc. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 4

2 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

So now there’s only three pregnant Bontragers?

According to Marlin. I am guessing Cass and Lina are due this summer too. And I bet Allison is due in the fall. This is just speculation on my part. 

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

According to Marlin. I am guessing Cass and Lina are due this summer too. And I bet Allison is due in the fall. This is just speculation on my part. 

Of course there's also the possibility that the pregnant ones he was referring to are Cass, Lina and Praise, and that he forgot about Allison because her kid won't be a Bontrager... Just kidding (mostly). But I do think Allison is pregnant, too.

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 5

I think Allison and probably Praise. Although there’s always a chance Chelsy  I guess could be pregnant.

Oh the borders are open to people like me. Because I’m fully vaccinated. As we all know, Bontragers are about as likely to get a Covid vax as they are to get their tubes tied. So it will be awhile before you are allowed back in Canada. 

CDE8ABCB-0102-437B-9B82-76E190D8F1EB.jpeg

• Upvote 10
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 2

Bontrager family history. Too bad she didn’t say exactly when her parents left the Mennonite church. 

89C2304F-0EB0-46E8-A2F1-1E7C3290F967.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

Interesting! I had thought Marlin and Becky were both just ex-Mennonite. Becky actually spent a lot of formative years Amish. 

• Upvote 6

23 minutes ago, Dominionatrix said:

Interesting! I had thought Marlin and Becky were both just ex-Mennonite. Becky actually spent a lot of formative years Amish. 

That actually makes sense to me. Becky seems very strict. The Amish tend to be very strict parents. I’m guessing she grew up in a very strict family and that’s why she seems so strict with her children. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Did anyone ask who was pregnant?

I did. Sort of. I thought it'd be creepy to ask directly.

Screenshot_20220628-232246_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I figured. Josh and Carson’s families have gone mostly private since the insurrection. I wonder if the Bontragers will even announce that there are two more grandkids in the family without names or birthdates. 

• Upvote 9

I can’t tell you how many hours I wasted one night going through the FBI photos from the capital attack, looking to see if I could ID a fundie we discuss. 

it’s just too big of a coincidence that they were there, and then suddenly they all disappeared from their blogs. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

13 minutes ago, MomJeans said:

I can’t tell you how many hours I wasted one night going through the FBI photos from the capital attack, looking to see if I could ID a fundie we discuss. 

it’s just too big of a coincidence that they were there, and then suddenly they all disappeared from their blogs. 

Oh I’m sure it’s a big reason. I’m sure they were contacted about being there because they posted pictures and videos of being outside the Capital. It was soon after the insurrection they went silent. 

• Upvote 10

On 6/28/2022 at 3:48 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

In the announcement, her name is Brynleigh Noel Bontrager. I'm surprised it's Noel and not Noelle as Noelle is generally the girls version. 

I don't like the name, because it's too close to her mother's name. Usually these kinds of names are looked down, because of the style. It's not a particularly fundie style unless it's fundie to name after relatives. I think the style is fine.

It's interesting that she is #11. That means that no one had a baby since Chelsy had Madeline. Another fundie family (not known here) is also reaching 11 grandkids this week.

They’ve edited the caption to Noelle, it must have been a typo originally. 

I’m also guessing the 3 pregnant ones are the Bowers daughters and Allison, I think Praise has had at least one miscarriage. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

I knew a female with the middle name Noel not Noelle. But she had a Christmas birthday so I’m guessing that’s why.

• Upvote 1

I think what gets forgotten about the Bonts is that Becky and Marlin are actually quite rebellious compared to their upbringing. While both of their parents chose to leave the Amish church they were still very strict Mennonites. They have come a long way since their childhood. While, yes, they still have super hateful ideas if we look at the scheme of their beliefs they have actually "loosened" up quite a bit from how they were raised. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

I think what gets forgotten about the Bonts is that Becky and Marlin are actually quite rebellious compared to their upbringing. While both of their parents chose to leave the Amish church they were still very strict Mennonites. They have come a long way since their childhood. While, yes, they still have super hateful ideas if we look at the scheme of their beliefs they have actually "loosened" up quite a bit from how they were raised. 

I don’t know if I would say they “loosened up” so much as they jumped from one cult to another. I would say they went sideways. Maybe slightly diagonal if I’m being generous. There are a lot of Amish that leave the Amish cult and get in with the Pearls. Jumping from one cult to another is very common.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic