IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 18: The Irony of the Possibly Overweight Plane

nelliebelle1197

9 hours ago, RFfamANON said:

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the leadership meetings these days. Are they strategizing about letting everyone settle before Elizabeth takes the reins full on. Or are they trying to get Elizabeth to step up. Or is it a curfuffle tug of war with one leader saying we should do this and another saying we should do that and another saying we should listen to Elizabeth the double double prophet.  Im betting that at least one person is thinking about double double profit from the double double Prophet. 

double double prophet/profit ha ha- you should write the sermons

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

Here are some odd outfits worn by Michael's girls when they were younger. This picture showed up on my Pinterest page!

image.png.4a222ac4a5e46bc76b61839607664598.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

On 7/22/2021 at 11:25 AM, SayonaraLara said:

Another service last night with no appearance by Elizabeth or Michael. (Except for his music. Oy, how that frenzied, auto-tuned “Focused Up,” played over and over!)

Elizabeth has made maybe four relatively brief appearances since the crash. And during one of the last ones, she joking-not-joking said that preaching was tiring and really wasn’t that fun if someone else wanted to do it. Michael has made only a couple behind-the-piano appearances, including the aforementioned July 4th concert.

Remnant leadership has been fortunate to have camp as a crutch the last four weeks to fill time and content with kiddie scripture recitation and performances. But they've had no real “church” services. 

So far, Eldon Gormsen, Patrick Stites and Durville Patton seem to have had the most mic time. The Bakers — who were dropped from the leadership page around the time that the Angers and Days were — are back on the leadership page. A few others (like Stacy Sims) have been added to the lower ranks.

Did the inner circle get on stage to be admired?

• Upvote 4

On 7/25/2021 at 6:48 AM, rabbitholejulie said:

Did the inner circle get on stage to be admired?

What is Remnant's rationale for calling 'leadership' up on the stage?

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

They spend an inordinate amount of time and energy thanking Gwen(now Elizabeth and Michael), remnant, and leadership for all of the blessings in their life. They thank them for being unselfish, for being perfect examples of how to live, for guiding them perfectly in the direction they need to go, for showing them how to live, etc…I could go on and on. It’s one of the most disconcerting activities that I see when I am there. It seems to me that they spend much more time worshipping their leaders than they do the God they claim to believe in. 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

It's proof of their theology, IMO. These people are selfless and dedicated and have truly died to self... And look at what incredibly perfect and amazing lives they have...

... So if you don't have the same perfect life, what does that say about you?

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

7 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

I think it's a big reminder of the "lines of authority" thing.  You need to be able to recognize your bosses.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, WeirdHarold said:

I think it's a big reminder of the "lines of authority" thing.  You need to be able to recognize your bosses.

I can't think it's good for the Royal children to be given so much attention on stage, etc.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

On 7/25/2021 at 1:06 AM, ManyGoats said:

Here are some odd outfits worn by Michael's girls when they were younger. This picture showed up on my Pinterest page!

image.png.4a222ac4a5e46bc76b61839607664598.png

I love that you labeled the dresses.  To clear up any confusion ha ha.

• Haha 9

37 minutes ago, rabbitholejulie said:

I love that you labeled the dresses.  To clear up any confusion ha ha.

Ha ha! I can't take credit for that. PInterest had them labeled. 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, RFTies said:

Some Remnant folks are posting this article from The Tennessean today on Facebook…an interesting take on Gwen’s “contributions to the community.”

https://www.tennessean.com/story/opinion/2021/07/27/brentwood-can-thank-gwen-shamblin-lara-mallory-lane-extension/5338995001/?fbclid=IwAR3tZiD_Z9F9osvmNuqOZ-7epk8AxaEMZu2lry1DOgr2XTtTj6QHtpznCAc

I literally came here to post this ?

I found it interesting... It's like the whole article is how she kept Brentwood exclusive and stopped expansion that would have made it busier. I mean, that's great for residents for sure... But when you see a title about her "making Brentwood what it is today" you imagine a woman who donated school supplies or created a scholarship fund or expanded a local music program. I wasn't expecting "helped defeat a measure in 2004 that would lower property values." ?

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 6

14 minutes ago, RFTies said:

Some Remnant folks are posting this article from The Tennessean today on Facebook…an interesting take on Gwen’s “contributions to the community.”

https://www.tennessean.com/story/opinion/2021/07/27/brentwood-can-thank-gwen-shamblin-lara-mallory-lane-extension/5338995001/?fbclid=IwAR3tZiD_Z9F9osvmNuqOZ-7epk8AxaEMZu2lry1DOgr2XTtTj6QHtpznCAc

It's a literal NIMBY issue.  How sad that had to be spun as praise for Gwen.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

On 7/26/2021 at 4:53 PM, Blue said:

It's proof of their theology, IMO. These people are selfless and dedicated and have truly died to self... And look at what incredibly perfect and amazing lives they have...

... So if you don't have the same perfect life, what does that say about you?

And so much for humility.  WE'RE GREAT.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

Gwen’s been dead for two months and people are still kissing her ass like she’s still alive. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

Hi. I'm new. Only been stalking on here for like a month.  I'm wondering if anyone knows of any churches in the area around RF that have tried to do any outreach?

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, My Fam in RF said:

Hi. I'm new. Only been stalking on here for like a month.  I'm wondering if anyone knows of any churches in the area around RF that have tried to do any outreach?

I'm curious about local responses to this...

... I know theres a local pastor who spoke out against Gwen/RF and got sued, but I think it was dismissed? 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, rabbitholejulie said:

And so much for humility.  WE'RE GREAT.

Not only are we great, we're better than everyone else.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

The queen of self denial disliked diets because it makes people cranky if they don't get to dine out often enough.

Spoiler

How to Let Go of Your Lead and Follow God’s

July 28, 2021

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Many people—under the guise of righteous self-discipline—try to run not only their lives but others’ lives as well, because they think they can. These people try to mix WeighDown and their diet and call themselves “successful dieters,” but the fruit of this strained life is barren. The family often suffers, because these controllers cannot switch the plans. They are prisoners of control, and their family is forced to be prisoners with them. If they have on their plan to go home to eat, even if they get an invitation, no one can alter it, and one had best not get in their way. As time goes on, they will begin to hate their “have-to” regimens. The prophet Isaiah spoke God’s words:

“You were wearied by all your ways, but you would not say, ‘It is hopeless.’ You found renewal of your strength, and so you did not faint. I will expose your righteousness and your works, and they will not benefit you. When you cry out for help, let your collection of idols save you!” Isaiah 57:10,12-13a

People using their own strength eventually become exhausted. The work of their hands does not bear fruit that will last, and they are frustrated because they do not reach their goals. Their idols do not save them, but ruin them in the end.

Step by step, day by day, you must stop using your own strength and outside forces and begin to be driven by the power of God. It simply takes a heart that is ready to stop controlling their day and is ready to surrender to God’s day. With prayer and using the temptation tips, finally you are walking in the Spirit of God. “The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is within you.” Luke 17:20b-21

When you follow God’s lead, the house will be echoing with songs of praise and thankfulness. The inside force is so much better!

“Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness and who seek the Lord: Look to the rock from which you were cut and to the quarry from which you were hewn; look to Abraham, your father, and to Sarah, who gave you birth.” Isaiah 51:1-2a

Look to the rock—Abraham—and imitate his faith and heart for God; you will join a number that is as many as the stars in the sky!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

14 hours ago, RFTies said:

So this lady is getting praised for doing absolutely nothing for the community? All it sounds like is that she’s didn’t want a roadway built in the back of her church and she wined about it. What contributions?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

15 hours ago, RFTies said:

Wow. They had to go back to 2004 to find one contribution….

anyways, Remnant members are commenting on that article and it’s so cringe. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

With prayer and using the temptation tips

Temptation tips™️?  I suppose this is the part where you fork over your money to Weigh Down. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Temptation tips™️?  I suppose this is the part where you fork over your money to Weigh Down. 

Temptation tips™️ sounds like a sex toy.

• Haha 11
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Temptation tips™️ sounds like a sex toy.

I can’t even tell you where my mind went ? 

• Haha 6
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Or maybe it's a diet strategy that involves nibbling on cat treats?

6181A1F5-CB41-4C15-9C9B-5BD6A9580C3F.thumb.jpeg.cae7573d42facaf372329aeb084c816a.jpeg

• Haha 11
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic