IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 18: The Irony of the Possibly Overweight Plane

nelliebelle1197

On 7/8/2021 at 12:17 PM, FleeJanaFree said:

So did they explain why the crash victims got church memorial services? I thought they didn’t believe in that. 

it was mainly for out of town members to have some kind of closer. 

On 7/20/2021 at 8:46 AM, Blue said:

What did you notice? 

I believe her ex husband has a degree in theology......

28 minutes ago, finacial ice said:

oh i caught on eventually. then i started sitting back and watching them do it to other people. it was hilarious but kinda sick too 

All members believed she was a true prophet, including herself.

• Thank You 3

16 hours ago, My Fam in RF said:

Yes, maybe its just me but I feel like Gwen was getting tired. And Elizabeth is full of zeal. And them talking about how special they are was rough. And she severely took the book of Haggai out of context. All they do is "pray and flop" the bible and literally if they would just read it for themselves they would know they are being lied to about what the original authors meant.

yes, but Elizabeth does not like public settings. So the phone calls are going to be a common thing I'm sure.  I highly doubt the church will be allowed to fail, too many businesses are tied into the church. Members would not have the income or wealth that their business brings in, if it wasn't for the congregation.  It would be a travesty if the church went under, lifestyles would change dramatically!

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, finacial ice said:

yes, but Elizabeth does not like public settings. So the phone calls are going to be a common thing I'm sure.  I highly doubt the church will be allowed to fail, too many businesses are tied into the church. Members would not have the income or wealth that their business brings in, if it wasn't for the congregation.  It would be a travesty if the church went under, lifestyles would change dramatically!

Awww, doesn't like to get up on stage and sing for her millions. The poor thing. Gag. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, finacial ice said:

I pray RF fails.  Maybe some of the members will find freedom from the legalism taught there.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, finacial ice said:

no all members believed she was a true prophet, including herself.

Oh I know, but when we looked we struggled to find "official" statements on it... They even challenged us to find a video or writing of her calling herself a prophet. 

In the end we found SO MANY instances that, IMHO, we had proof that it was a widespread belief, but they seem to be careful with what they post and write publicly.

Then they tried to turn it around and redefine "prophet," at which point I was just exhausted.

• Upvote 7

I believe there was some talk on here several threads ago suggesting Erin Shamblin, Michael's wife, was someone of high regard for taking a senior role in leadership at minimum upon Gwen stepping down / passing on. Interesting regardless that she seems, based on comments, to be having no prominent role now.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, Blue said:

Wait, she ACTUALLY said that? 

Because for YEARS our family and friends insisted that the whole "prophet" thing was something made up by outsiders to make them look like a cult, and that even if some people thought she was a prophet, it certainly was not the majority of the congregation (don't look at or listen to the testimonies that say "prophet" on a loop... ?).

It’s late in the day for me but yep, I’m 99.99% sure that’s what I heard. Liz says “prophet” but then corrects herself. HetselfESS ;) 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 3

11 hours ago, WeirdHarold said:

I pray RF fails.  Maybe some of the members will find freedom from the legalism taught there.

I hope so too. All these horrible legalistic cults I hope die out.

On a morbid thought, they may start dying out because of covid and their thoughts on the masks and the vaccine. 

• Upvote 13

1 minute ago, ElleHouston said:

I am happy to announce that all of my friends have officially left RF. The one's that I knew before RF and inside!

Excellent!  Did they take the opportunity to leave with the leadership change?  

• Upvote 8

13 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

Excellent!  Did they take the opportunity to leave with the leadership change?  

Three left before, and two left after leadership changed. He said that they are just scrambling trying to figure out what to do and he can't be apart of the circus. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 5

45 minutes ago, ElleHouston said:

Three left before, and two left after leadership changed. He said that they are just scrambling trying to figure out what to do and he can't be apart of the circus. 

This is so exciting to hear! Hope more and more have the courage! Also encouraging to hear things aren’t as “unified” as they are pretending.

So today’s webcast was testimonials and a fairly short clip of a previous sermon from Gwen. IMO there is no way folks aren’t getting a little panicky about how things can keep going. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

On 7/29/2021 at 8:00 PM, WeirdHarold said:

I am praying as well.  But I am worried.  Leaders will do everything they can to keep it going.

On 7/29/2021 at 8:04 PM, Blue said:

Oh I know, but when we looked we struggled to find "official" statements on it... They even challenged us to find a video or writing of her calling herself a prophet. 

In the end we found SO MANY instances that, IMHO, we had proof that it was a widespread belief, but they seem to be careful with what they post and write publicly.

Then they tried to turn it around and redefine "prophet," at which point I was just exhausted.

ha! I'm sure you were exhausted! Yea they constantly turn,twist,lie about things. Scary

On 7/29/2021 at 8:51 PM, MamaJunebug said:

It’s late in the day for me but yep, I’m 99.99% sure that’s what I heard. Liz says “prophet” but then corrects herself. HetselfESS ;) 

David Martin referred to Gwen as a prophet on stage many times.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

4 hours ago, TDHuggies said:

This is so exciting to hear! Hope more and more have the courage! Also encouraging to hear things aren’t as “unified” as they are pretending.

So today’s webcast was testimonials and a fairly short clip of a previous sermon from Gwen. IMO there is no way folks aren’t getting a little panicky about how things can keep going. 

It's not sustainable. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, Blue said:

It's not sustainable. 

The only way they can make a recovery is if they rebrand and make it more of a group effort. Not one single leader but a group of leaders. And they will have to entice new people to join. Because as we all knew, they will lose people who were basically only there for Gwen. If they can get more people to join and come up with a stable group of leaders, they can go one. But if they keep scrambling and no real leaders come forward, more and more will leave. 

• Upvote 7

26 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The only way they can make a recovery is if they rebrand and make it more of a group effort. Not one single leader but a group of leaders. And they will have to entice new people to join. Because as we all knew, they will lose people who were basically only there for Gwen. If they can get more people to join and come up with a stable group of leaders, they can go one. But if they keep scrambling and no real leaders come forward, more and more will leave. 

They could get behind Elizabeth but it doesn’t sound like she’s up for it…

I’m sure the estate still has to pay David so maybe the financial need will motivate Michael or Elizabeth…

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

This is why I said awhile ago that the person in the family most likely to be a figurehead is Erin, Michael’s wife. Michael and Elizabeth have never been like Gwen. Most likely because being raised by a profit (get it?) means you always come second. And how do you stand up and act like Gwen when you’ve lived your life in her shadow? Erin seems like she can handle being on stage but she has a baby less than a year old. So she might be out. 

• Upvote 11

59 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is why I said awhile ago that the person in the family most likely to be a figurehead is Erin, Michael’s wife. Michael and Elizabeth have never been like Gwen. Most likely because being raised by a profit (get it?) means you always come second. And how do you stand up and act like Gwen when you’ve lived your life in her shadow? Erin seems like she can handle being on stage but she has a baby less than a year old. So she might be out. 

Erin's actually a rather empty-headed person who appears to be personally insecure. She knew just how to suck up to various now deceased Remnant Fellowship cult leaders. IMO Gwen liked Erin fine and definitely felt zero threat to her authority from her. Probably she appreciated that Erin likes money enough to stay married to a philanderer. However even Gwen could see she's not the brightest bulb on the tree. Can't even lie convincingly. Definitely not Remnant Fellowship leadership material. 

• Haha 1
  • Thank You 8

1 minute ago, NarcissismKills said:

Erin's actually a rather empty-headed person who appears to be personally insecure. She knew just how to suck up to various now deceased Remnant Fellowship cult leaders. IMO Gwen liked Erin fine and definitely felt zero threat to her authority from her. Probably she appreciated that Erin likes money enough to stay married to a philanderer. However even Gwen could see she's not the brightest bulb on the tree. Can't even lie convincingly. Definitely not Remnant Fellowship leadership material. 

If they want to succeed, there should probably be a small group to lead. Erin can be part of the group since she’s Michael’s wife. I don’t know much about Grace, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she was groomed to be the next Gwen but she’s too young. Give her 6 or 7 years. A group can lead until Grace is old enough. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Durville Patton sure isn't a very appropriate leader for that Brentwood crowd. Did you hear him on Wednesday blathering about driving two 14-year-olds to New York as a Lyft driver? And getting shot at? All because he's interested in earning "extra cash". Not what those wannabes really want to hear about, if it's even true. I sure didn't hear about it on any news report. And goofy local guys like Brad Stamps giving the same old lame testimony? There are numerous similarly tiresome guys who are absolute bores with their prattle about "this message". And the older men are just so obviously vain about being on stage. No one has any charisma let alone anything to say. Zero leadership potential. Maybe there's hope for a slow loss of membership. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If they want to succeed, there should probably be a small group to lead. Erin can be part of the group since she’s Michael’s wife. I don’t know much about Grace, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she was groomed to be the next Gwen but she’s too young. Give her 6 or 7 years. A group can lead until Grace is old enough. 

Yikes, I hope not. For the kid’s sake! 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

28 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

I hope the cult has dwindled down to small numbers by then. But who knows. Some cults live on after the death of a leader. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I agree! How old is Grace, anyway? I don't see her being ready in any way to lead at such a young age (meaning 6 or 7 years from now). Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Gwen was mid-forties when she started Remnant. I think Elizabeth was the actual heir apparent but wasn't prepared to take over without Brandon. Sheesh, what a mess!

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

I agree! How old is Grace, anyway? I don't see her being ready in any way to lead at such a young age (meaning 6 or 7 years from now). Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Gwen was mid-forties when she started Remnant. I think Elizabeth was the actual heir apparent but wasn't prepared to take over without Brandon. Sheesh, what a mess!

I’m sure others know her age better than me. But maybe 15 or 16? 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m sure others know her age better than me. But maybe 15 or 16? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic