IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 18: The Irony of the Possibly Overweight Plane

nelliebelle1197

12 minutes ago, rabbitholejulie said:

If I lived anywhere close I would definitely go to gawk and get gossip.  I’m pretty sure I could get in the inner circle.  ?

I couldn't. I enjoy food too much! ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

32 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I probably couldn't get in the inner circle, but I'm fat enough they'd probably try to get me to do the classes posthaste.

I'm interested in seeing their reaction to the documentary. Being on HBO Max is a big deal - it's not like it's some small thing only a few people will see. I wonder if any of them will watch it to see how they are viewed from the outside? I know they'll be told not to, of course, but some of them have to be curious.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I wonder how they are preparing for this upcoming documentary. This is going to bring a spotlight on them like they have never had before. Judging from the group that came here, they aren’t exactly good at defending or even explaining their beliefs. I wonder how many visitors they will have who only want to gawk or who try to worm their way in to get gossip

Any would be visitors will have to be quite clever to worm their way in the door. This crowd is extremely wary of anyone they don't know well. Paranoid is the best way to describe the Remnant Fellowship cult's attitude towards any drop-in visitors. Downright hostile to the point of creepiness is how they act towards the random person who shows up for a service unvetted. 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

37 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I probably couldn't get in the inner circle, but I'm fat enough they'd probably try to get me to do the classes posthaste.

I'm interested in seeing their reaction to the documentary. Being on HBO Max is a big deal - it's not like it's some small thing only a few people will see. I wonder if any of them will watch it to see how they are viewed from the outside? I know they'll be told not to, of course, but some of them have to be curious.

You're so very right. It is a huge big deal. Marina Zenovich, the series director, is a Serbian-American and there is no coincidence in that. Joe Lara's ex, Natasha Pavlovich, is very proud of having been born in what is today Serbia. That community is appalled at what happened to Natasha and her daughter. Some of them have contributed to the legal fund set up for Sandra Solomon, the Walters' kids' grandmother. Anyway, Joe petitioned the court to forbid Natasha from speaking Serbian to their child in his or his mother's presence. If you happen to read the article at the link below, you will notice that their custody battle was going to be an important part of the series from the get-go. Now, Natasha might be feeling much freer to speak her complete truth. 

https://thewashingtonmail.com/plane-crash-complicates-hbo-max-documentary-on-diet-inspired-church/

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 18
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, NarcissismKills said:

Any would be visitors will have to be quite clever to worm their way in the door. This crowd is extremely wary of anyone they don't know well. Paranoid is the best way to describe the Remnant Fellowship cult's attitude towards any drop-in visitors. Downright hostile to the point of creepiness is how they act towards the random person who shows up for a service unvetted. 

yes, they are aware of every single person that walks through any door. if you come to visit for a "church service" they (are) on you like flies!! But who doesnt get paranoid whenever you got things to hide right?

Edited by Coconut Flan
No text speak, please.
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

38 minutes ago, NarcissismKills said:

You're so very right. It is a huge big deal. Marina Zenovich, the series director, is a Serbian-American and there is no coincidence in that. Joe Lara's ex, Natasha Pavlovich, is very proud of having been born in what is today Serbia. That community is appalled at what happened to Natasha and her daughter. Some of them have contributed to the legal fund set up for Sandra Solomon, the Walters' kids' grandmother. Anyway, Joe petitioned the court to forbid Natasha from speaking Serbian to their child in his or his mother's presence. If you happen to read the article at the link below, you will notice that their custody battle was going to be an important part of the series from the get-go. Now, Natasha might be feeling much freer to speak her complete truth. 

https://thewashingtonmail.com/plane-crash-complicates-hbo-max-documentary-on-diet-inspired-church/

From the article:

"Body image and appearances were central components, and the documentary chronicles Ms. Lara’s own transformation, from a bubbly young dietitian with girl-next-door looks into a very thin, heavily made-up avatar whose hair seemed to grow in height in relation to her power."

This is some of the best writing I have read in a long time!!!  I really can't wait to see this documentary.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, NarcissismKills said:

I was hoping she would decide to expose this cult now she is free.  I wouldnt be surprised if she wrote a book.  Anything she could do to tell the world and warn others about these people and expose this so called church, even if its to save at least one child from having to endure that life.  Im sure she knows alot more horrible things about this place than we do. I cant even imagine having to go through what she did, having to send your own child to a cult.  ugh!!

Edited by finacial ice
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, finacial ice said:

I was hoping she would decide to expose this cult now she is free.  I wouldnt be surprised if she wrote a book.  Anything she could do to tell the world and warn others about these people and expose this so called church, even if its to save at least one child from having to endure that life.  Im sure she knows alot more horrible things about this place than we do. I cant even imagine having to go through what she did, having to send your own child to a cult.  ugh!!

She has to be very careful. Remember, her daughter's father was in essence the King Consort of the cult.  As far as we know the daughter loved her dad, was treated kindly by Gwen and her minions, and had made some friends among the youth.  Being too vocal could cause damage with her relationship with her daughter and possibly even push her to go back into the cult when she is older.  I also hope that she speaks out but I would not be surprised if she opts to stay quiet and, instead, leak stories out through others.  I had heard she immediately moved out of the area after the crash - I hope it was far, far away so the cult can have no influence on the daughter when she is older.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I hope they interview Natasha and David Shamblin.  Elizabeth and the Leadership have an opportunity to turn this into a real church…

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, rabbitholejulie said:

I hope they interview Natasha and David Shamblin.  Elizabeth and the Leadership have an opportunity to turn this into a real church…

I have zero expectation the doctrine taught there will change much.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4

20 minutes ago, rabbitholejulie said:

I hope David isn't let off easily in this documentary. He made a fortune shilling a weight loss program he knew didn't work. He helped rope people into the cult and would still  be there living the high life with Gwen if she hadn't dumped him.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

Another repeated theme of the testimonies was how they 100% support the new leadership.

Please, where does one go to hear these testimonies? A cursory wander through the RF website yielded nothin'.  Thanks in advance!!!

3 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I've thought of that! I'd dress in my LBD and smear makeup alll over my face and put on some expensive shoes - and I'd head for those delicious-appearing buffet spreads! Busted, I'd be! :D 

1 hour ago, NarcissismKills said:

Joe petitioned the court to forbid Natasha from speaking Serbian to their child in his or his mother's presence.

Not to speak ill of the deceased (get out of my brain, ideas imprinted upon me by Big Daddy JB in 1958!), but hoo boy how paranoid!

At least he couldn't prevent her from raising the child bilingually.  A great disservice that would have been, for growing up with more than one language is such an advantage for any child (JMO of course).

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, finacial ice said:

Having to send your child to remnant - I get this. My ex forces remnant down my kids throat and forces them to go to Nashville, which they HATE!  I HATE taking my kids to his house! It is the worst!

• Sad 12
  • WTF 1

2 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Please, where does one go to hear these testimonies? A cursory wander through the RF website yielded nothin'.  Thanks in advance!!!

They were on the visitor webcast page which had the recording of Saturday's service. Unfortunately, it's not up anymore, I just checked. ☹️

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

3 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

From the article:

"Body image and appearances were central components, and the documentary chronicles Ms. Lara’s own transformation, from a bubbly young dietitian with girl-next-door looks into a very thin, heavily made-up avatar whose hair seemed to grow in height in relation to her power."

This is some of the best writing I have read in a long time!!!  I really can't wait to see this documentary.

This was my favorite sentence in the article!  I'm eagerly anticipating the documentary too.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

I'm heading up to Nashville and will be surrounded by RF peeps for a few weeks.  I'm interested to see how things have changed in the last two months.  Can't decide if I will go with my friend if she invites me.  Since I am staying in her house, she will always invite me as she has to leave me behind to go.

So, should be interesting if I decide to go.

I have to say that I have a lot of mixed feelings reading all of these posts on here.  I love my friend and think the world of her and have met some of her friends and really like them.  (Don't worry, I won't be joining the cult.  I get exhausted just watching my friend color coordinate for all the events!)  I guess I don't have the negative experiences of having been a part of this that a lot of you seem to have.   I'm hoping that Gwen had a firm grip on this place and with her gone, it can't help but change.   I just hope that they don't transfer all that idolization onto Elizabeth.

We'll see.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

On 7/16/2021 at 7:57 AM, RFIntrigued said:

This just in: Elizabeth and Brandon Hannah’s home for sale. 
https://apps.realtor.com/mUAZ/7827487

This house reeks of Gwen’s tastes. It reminds me of the photo of the Trump family where they are in that giant, tacky room of which every single square inch is gilded. And Trump is wearing a shit-eating grin because he is thinking about how awesome he looks, except everyone else who sees that photo thinks it looks completely tasteless.  

I hope wherever Elizabeth and her kids end up living now is somewhere they like and feel at home. They are finally free to consider what they themselves like instead of being brainwashed into always letting Gwen make all the choices because Gwen was the highest authority so whatever she wanted was supposedly what God wanted. Or at least, Elizabeth is finally free to do that…her kids have to let her make all the choices. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, throwaway9988 said:

I hope wherever Elizabeth and her kids end up living now is somewhere they like and feel at home

I heard she moved into Ashlawn.

Edited by RFFriend
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, RFFriend said:

I heard she moved into Ashlawn.

That makes sense. She wants everyone in the church to think she inherited Gwen’s ability to prophesy, so she should be seen as the heir in other ways as well. Or maybe she actually does like Gwen’s taste. Although several years’ of pictures of Gwen dressing them all up in silly “royal” getups with Elizabeth not smiling much had make me think otherwise ?

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, RFFriend said:

I'm heading up to Nashville and will be surrounded by RF peeps for a few weeks.  I'm interested to see how things have changed in the last two months.  Can't decide if I will go with my friend if she invites me.  Since I am staying in her house, she will always invite me as she has to leave me behind to go.

So, should be interesting if I decide to go.

I have to say that I have a lot of mixed feelings reading all of these posts on here.  I love my friend and think the world of her and have met some of her friends and really like them.  (Don't worry, I won't be joining the cult.  I get exhausted just watching my friend color coordinate for all the events!)  I guess I don't have the negative experiences of having been a part of this that a lot of you seem to have.   I'm hoping that Gwen had a firm grip on this place and with her gone, it can't help but change.   I just hope that they don't transfer all that idolization onto Elizabeth.

We'll see.

Most people I know don't have negative experiences until they're in deep enough to be controlled... And then they blame themselves for said negative experiences because they teach that if you have anything bad in your life it's because you've made God mad.

When we visit we're treated well... Even introduced to Gwen herself at one point. Nobody was ever mean to me.

My issue with RF has to do with the spiritual/emotional/physical abuse that goes on, coupled with just plain bad theology and elitism... But I will never say that the people of RF have treated me poorly.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

On 7/19/2021 at 2:23 PM, formergothardite said:

I hope David isn't let off easily in this documentary. He made a fortune shilling a weight loss program he knew didn't work. He helped rope people into the cult and would still  be there living the high life with Gwen if she hadn't dumped him.

Did you notice how differently gwen's messages (sermons) changed after the divorce? think about it.......

18 hours ago, Blue said:

Most people I know don't have negative experiences until they're in deep enough to be controlled... And then they blame themselves for said negative experiences because they teach that if you have anything bad in your life it's because you've made God mad.

When we visit we're treated well... Even introduced to Gwen herself at one point. Nobody was ever mean to me.

My issue with RF has to do with the spiritual/emotional/physical abuse that goes on, coupled with just plain bad theology and elitism... But I will never say that the people of RF have treated me poorly.

yes, there are some really legit, kind, and God loving members there, truly caring and would do anything for anyone, but there are many that are NOT, and these people consist of the "higher up" members who have control.....

Edited by Coconut Flan
Text speak.
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

18 hours ago, finacial ice said:

Did you notice how differently gwen's messages (sermons) changed after the divorce? think about it......

Not really. She has seemed to be incoherent and pushing disordered eating for almost the entirety of her ministry. I don’t know how anyone has spent years listening to her every week. Her live videos were painful! She didn’t even use full sentences much of the time. Granted she has become worse over time, but when one survives on Diet Coke, wine and almost no food, that is to be expected. As she aged, her unhealthy lifestyle was definitely catching up with her. 

Edited by Coconut Flan
Text speak in quote.
  • Upvote 5

18 hours ago, finacial ice said:

Did you notice how differently gwen's messages (sermons) changed after the divorce? think about it.......

What did you notice? 

Edited by Coconut Flan
Text speak in quote.
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Blue said:

What did you notice? 

And another question, why did the Gwen and Joe show stop?  Were they out of stupid things to talk about?

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

9 hours ago, Blue said:

I get it.  Brings to mind the phrase "wolf in sheep's clothing".  On the surface, everything looks good, but underneath it is a different story.

It's hard for me to get my arm's around it all.  My "friend" is actually a combination of a bunch of people in my life that are in RF.  Some of the closest people to me.  I've tried to be vague to hide my identity if they ever come read this, but I'm not sure that I've been so successful.  I feel the need to talk about it with people who understand, but know that it would hurt them if they found out I was posting on here.  One of the biggest things that have kept me out of this is Gwen herself, but it is also some things the church taught, specifically around mental illness.  I have someone in my life with a severe mental illness and thanks to Gwen's teaching, I didn't get the support that I needed from my "friend" in this situation.  She taught that it is all spiritual and I have been told that this person just needs to get right with God.  It has been confusing for me as I have had to come to terms with this person's illness and my own understanding of it.  But, I have seen the effects of the medication and think I finally have my own head on straight as far as the truth about mental illness.  

I hear a lot about RF and what is going on because they are always telling me in hopes that I will join them.  So, that's how I know things... at least what they believe to be true.

I think the main reason that it comes across as good at times is that they take some real truths and emphasize that, but then it is taken to an extreme and becomes unhealthy.  I think it is easy to see the "good" and miss the extremes because those aren't as apparent.

Anyway, if you can't tell, I'm just here trying to process how I feel about all of this.

10 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

That makes sense. She wants everyone in the church to think she inherited Gwen’s ability to prophesy, so she should be seen as the heir in other ways as well. Or maybe she actually does like Gwen’s taste. Although several years’ of pictures of Gwen dressing them all up in silly “royal” getups with Elizabeth not smiling much had make me think otherwise ?

I don't know Elizabeth at all, but from the outside looking in, it seems to me that she has drunk the kool-aid for so long that she believes it herself.  But, who knows, maybe she is just playing a part.

I got the feeling that Gwen really believed her garbage, but maybe Elizabeth won't believe it as whole-heartedly and there will be an opportunity for some change.  One can hope.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic