IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 18: The Irony of the Possibly Overweight Plane

nelliebelle1197

Changing this to Remnant since Gwen and her hair went to meet their maker.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

Different thread, different prophet, different fashion statement.

Screenshot_20210629-192246__01.thumb.jpg.fded985c7d8464ce9fee4de484a47a00.jpg

The day camp photos are from a world without Covid. No masks no distance no sense.  

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 12
  • Love 1

@HarryPotterFanIt makes sense that commercial pilots would use a chart to simplify things. They can’t really ask for everyone’s weight. 

I took a prop jet from Durango, CO to Albuquerque, NM back in the day.  Each passenger and their luggage were weighed in before boarding.  It seemed a bit weird, even back then. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

The day camp photos are from a world without Covid. No masks no distance no sense.  

She actually looks happy. I have only seen her in black or the white faux royalty get up, I wonder what will happen with color coordinating days that Gwen was fond of. 

33 minutes ago, Howl said:

I took a prop jet from Durango, CO to Albuquerque, NM back in the day.  Each passenger and their luggage were weighed in before boarding.  It seemed a bit weird, even back then. 

I believe that is still done to fly over to Beaver Island, MI. http://www.islandairways.com/aircraft.html It has been almost 3 decades since I have been there so it might be different but looking at their website it seems the same process from the last time I was there. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

It makes sense that posthumous slander isn’t a thing because isn’t the point of slander/libel that it can affect reputation and therefore income? Not really something the dead need to worry about. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Is the recent? She looks pleased and ready to take charge here.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

isn’t the point of slander/libel that it can affect reputation and therefore income? Not really something the dead need to worry about. 

No, but it could affect the value the deceased person's musical or artistic portfolio, for example. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Gwen and her hair went to meet their maker.

That is blasphemy, my friend! Ain’t no way that God had anything to do with that rats’ nest. Maybe the five strands that were actually still attached to her head in nature, but not the rest!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 19
  • Love 1

That is the happiest Elizabeth has looked in years. Being a cult leader agrees with her. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 14
  • Love 2

21 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

it was uploaded on 6/20 image.png.b50580349a967111c3a5a981015c3d69.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 14

27 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

It makes sense that posthumous slander isn’t a thing because isn’t the point of slander/libel that it can affect reputation and therefore income? Not really something the dead need to worry about. 

I’d imagine the estate could sue for loss of income, especially the deceased left behind on-going businesses.  I suppose the estate could argue something like: “because you said ______ about the deceased, sales of deceased’s book decreased (which the estate has full interest in). 
On the other hand, it’s really hard to prove damages from slander/libel.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

This picture was added to fb on 5/25 at the graduation celebration. Her face looked so waxy and her right eye looks droopy or closed. 

image.png.6bbf82a3839f45e1692ea74ea70d0575.png

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

I had a corollary experience also flying out of Colorado.  I was on a commercial flight and it was a hot day.  They announced over the PA they needed 5 passengers/luggage to leave before the plane could take off.  They started offering vouchers of increasing value until enough people accepted them (or maybe they removed some non-passenger cargo such as US Mail).  Eventually we were able to depart but the process was unnerving, knowing we were anywhere near the weight limit for the conditions.

Also, a week or two ago there was a small plane crash in my area.  A little two-seater plane, one person died, one survived but with serious injuries.  It was a hot morning.  The cause of the 9am crash hasn't yet been announced beyond "failed to gain altitude on takeoff".  The pilot was well experienced and also a top notch plane mechanic so it seems a safe bet he would know all the limits, but obviously something happened.  Hope we eventually learn more...

Edited by church_of_dog
  • Upvote 8
  • Sad 7

33 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

it was  posted 21st June.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

Speaking of passsenger weight, I just saw an article that they want to start weighing people again, to redo the now outdated charts. Apparently as a society we have become significantly heavier than when the charts were last done. At first glance I thought it was an invasion of privacy to weigh everyone, but considering I am significantly heavier than the weight in the chart for an average female, I'd rather they get it right so my plane doesn't crash. I never thought I'd give Gwen credit for anything, but thank you Gwen for getting me past the embarrassment of being weighed prior to flying if this ever ends up happening! 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 22
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Howl said:

I think it's pretty common for small planes. The total weight - and weight distribution - is really important!

The singer Aaliyah died because of a very similar event - an overloaded Cessna with a questionably qualified pilot.

@HarryPotterFan posted this in the previous thread:

It makes sense that commercial pilots would use a chart to simplify things. They can’t really ask for everyone’s weight. 
And the weight of extra fit men with army gear would add up quickly. It’s hard to wrap my mind around how individual humans can impact the weight of a several ton plane. 

It is amazing, but it really can make a difference. I can't remember the flight numbers, but I'm sure I remember seeing there have been crashes that happened due to the passengers moving as a group to the front of the plane. I think maybe one had a fire at the back, and the passengers moved forward, and I think maybe one was a hijack situation or something. But if too many people move from where they're supposed to be as a group, it can throw off the balance enough to cause major problems.

Not caused by people moving, but the crash of National Airlines Flight 102 started with cargo shifting and causing a stall (it was a military flight in Afghanistan, and the vehicle cargo that shifted also disrupted the flight controls). Fine Air Flight 101 crashed because the plane was both overloaded with cargo, AND the cargo was not positioned correctly, throwing off the center of gravity. 

I kind of want to joke that Joe must have used Gwen's weight to calculate for everyone on board, but that seems a bit morbid. 

And really, with her hair and shoes, even she probably weighed more than what he'd left for the people on board. 

ETA Elizabeth really does look happy in that photo. Maybe she actually ate some food? Or maybe the spotlight just suits her. Who knows.

Edited by Alisamer
  • Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1

Saw on the news this morning that over 85 people attending a church summer camp in Central Illinois in mid-June have come down with Covid-19.   Masks were not required, and only a few of the staff were vaccinated.  I have a feeling this group could be the next headline.     

• Upvote 16
  • Sad 7
  • WTF 1

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

She looks happy and even healthier in that picture.  Makes you wonder if Gwen and/or her husband really weighed her down.

And although it is a bit of a stretch, I am going to claim this as my first ever thread title since I called out how ironic it was that Gwen met her demise from an overnight plane in the last thread.  As a long time FJ member, some of you will appreciate my elation about this achievement in my posting career! :)

• Upvote 25

2 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

This picture was added to fb on 5/25 at the graduation celebration. Her face looked so waxy and her right eye looks droopy or closed. 

image.png.6bbf82a3839f45e1692ea74ea70d0575.png

Do we have any recent photos of her without makeup?  She barely looks human all made up like that.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

If Elizabeth is at all a sentient being, she must be a maelstrom of emotion right now.

It will be very interesting to see how this all plays out in the coming months. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8

2 hours ago, Lady Grass Lake said:

Saw on the news this morning that over 85 people attending a church summer camp in Central Illinois in mid-June have come down with Covid-19.   Masks were not required, and only a few of the staff were vaccinated.  I have a feeling this group could be the next headline.     

In Tennessee, and Brentwood in particular, they are pretty much over the mask wearing.  It's not just RF.  Masks are not a big deal in the local community either.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

If Elizabeth is at all a sentient being, she must be a maelstrom of emotion right now.

It will be very interesting to see how this all plays out in the coming months. 

Quite interesting! I wonder if Gwen was seriously mentoring Elizabeth, preparing her for the day she would take over? Or did she expect that day to be so far into the future that she hadn't really trained her in earnest?

3 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

She looks happy and even healthier in that picture.  Makes you wonder if Gwen and/or her husband really weighed her down.

I wonder that, too. As I mentioned in a previous post (hopefully, someone who knows can confirm or deny), I was under in the impression that Elizabeth wasn't too happy about her mom's choice of Brandon for her to marry. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I see what you did there ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12

Maybe I'm just too snarky, but I've seen RF people play the part too much to think this is a case of her being happier or healthier.

Does she like the newfound power? Maybe - but whether she does or not, she has a role to play... She HAS to show RF that she's cool, calm, collected, and totally in control. I'm sure her kids were lectured about how they had to be the example of grace despite just losing their dad and grandma... Despite having to be back in a building that has to just bring a rush of grief because it's tied to dad and grandma.

I'll bet she's spending twice as much time making sure she looks the part before every service. Can't have puffy eyes... Can't look like she's lost sleep... Can't look like she questioning anything... 

Her poor kids aren't getting any examples of how to process grief in a healthy way because showing grief is unacceptable.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 9

Well one day after the news article comes out saying the examiner who approved Joe for a pilot's license was suspended, another one comes out today saying he's now unsuspended.

https://www.wsmv.com/news/pilot-examiners-status-restored-after-crash-investigation/article_73090b2c-d8fe-11eb-9667-bfe25b817956.html

Since when is the FAA so quick? 

So, I'm no conspiracy theorist, but first FAA records say his medical was expired the day of the crash and the FAA says their records are "generally accurate", but then his medical certificate gets presented by church leaders on the news and the FAA updates their website.

Then an article comes out yesterday about the examiner being suspended "while investigators continue to look into the fatal jet crash". 

But literally a day later, the examiner is no longer suspended.  (I assume the investigation isn't done.  The final report won't be out for probably a year or more.)

That's twice the FAA has quickly changed its mind.  Since when is ANY government agency so quick to do anything? 

Fishy?  Conspiracy theory material?  Or just a couple normal days at the FAA office?

Anyway, I posted a long while back (maybe 2 years ago) about how awful Joe was as a person.  While RF sings his praises, the truth will come out in time.  Joe was not a good person and was the ultimate downfall of Gwen Shamblin Lara.  (Something a supposed prophet should have seen coming.)

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic