IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 18: The Irony of the Possibly Overweight Plane

nelliebelle1197

I am a bit amazed that Gwen didn't make more of Luke 6.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+6&version=NIV

Blessed are you who hunger now,
    for you will be satisfied.

...Woe to you who are well fed now,
    for you will go hungry.

But I guess Jesus also woed rich people and false prophets getting praised in that chapter so, um, yeah.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

I'm curious to see if they'll have a service today. Right now they have an old sermon from 2016 on their visitor webcast page.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

4 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

I'm curious to see if they'll have a service today. Right now they have an old sermon from 2016 on their visitor webcast page.

Does that necessarily mean they didn't meet?

• Upvote 2

I am glad that there is a documentary coming out to expose them. However I must say that the exposure could make them both lose and gain members. I could easily see people wanting to know more about RF after watching a documentary and being sucked in. Even if the documentary exposes so many horrible things, there will still be people drawn in by the weight loss angle and even by the notoriety. Hell if there are women who throw themselves at serial killers knowing what they did. There will be people to join RF even after knowing the horrible things they’ve done.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

58 minutes ago, WeirdHarold said:

Does that necessarily mean they didn't meet?

Oops, sorry, didn't mean to imply that. No, it doesn't. Although it might. Or.... perhaps they met but don't want it broadcast. Like maybe they were getting instructions on what to say and how to act. Private, in-house stuff, possibly about what will be happening going forward. 

It's just something different than their usual routine and with things up in the air like they are, I can't help but wonder what's going on behind the scenes.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I am glad that there is a documentary coming out to expose them. However I must say that the exposure could make them both lose and gain members. I could easily see people wanting to know more about RF after watching a documentary and being sucked in. Even if the documentary exposes so many horrible things, there will still be people drawn in by the weight loss angle and even by the notoriety. Hell if there are women who throw themselves at serial killers knowing what they did. There will be people to join RF even after knowing the horrible things they’ve done.

I really think Gwen was what drew people, then of course Tarzan.  Without them it's never going to be as interesting ha ha.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic