IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 18: The Irony of the Possibly Overweight Plane

nelliebelle1197

Well no Elizabeth in person at tonight’s service, but she called in. It was rambling, disjointed and all over the place. It was rather disturbing to listen to.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 16

25 minutes ago, TDHuggies said:

Well no Elizabeth in person at tonight’s service, but she called in. It was rambling, disjointed and all over the place. It was rather disturbing to listen to.

That's just so weird to me... If my pastor is out of town they don't call in - they just have someone else speak... And if they're in town, they're there. 

Sounds like her ramblings are incoherent though, which means RF will probably soak it up.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, TDHuggies said:

Do you know if these are recorded/stored anywhere we can listen to them?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, TDHuggies said:

It was. And I think we can kiss goodbye any hopes we had that she would loosen things up. She came down hard on Gwen's dogma. Plus that guy that introduced her talk and closed the service (I think it's Durville Patton) is a MAJOR suck-up. I'm embarrassed for him, just listening to him.

30 minutes ago, RFTies said:

Do you know if these are recorded/stored anywhere we can listen to them?

You can access the most recent service by registering here https://store.weighdown.com/webcast/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=WebcastLogin.aspx but you need to watch them fairly soon after they happen because they disappear after a few days.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

54 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

I think we can kiss goodbye any hopes we had that she would loosen things up. She came down hard on Gwen's dogma. Plus that guy that introduced her talk and closed the service (I think it's Durville Patton) is a MAJOR suck-up. I'm embarrassed for him, just listening to him.

Yes, maybe its just me but I feel like Gwen was getting tired. And Elizabeth is full of zeal. And them talking about how special they are was rough. And she severely took the book of Haggai out of context. All they do is "pray and flop" the bible and literally if they would just read it for themselves they would know they are being lied to about what the original authors meant.

• Upvote 7

“Minimum one-acre residential zoning”=“Keep Out the Poors.”

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

It was. And I think we can kiss goodbye any hopes we had that she would loosen things up. She came down hard on Gwen's dogma. Plus that guy that introduced her talk and closed the service (I think it's Durville Patton) is a MAJOR suck-up. I'm embarrassed for him, just listening to him.

Yes I agree and totally agree about Durvelle! The whole thing was nauseating and completely cringy. NO WAY are some of the members not questioning things. Listening to Elizabeth was painful and sad. She's obviously traumatized along with being a zealot. Ugh

7 hours ago, My Fam in RF said:

Yes, maybe its just me but I feel like Gwen was getting tired. And Elizabeth is full of zeal. And them talking about how special they are was rough. And she severely took the book of Haggai out of context. All they do is "pray and flop" the bible and literally if they would just read it for themselves they would know they are being lied to about what the original authors meant.

Yep Gwen was tired or preoccupied that's for sure. And if you listened to Elizabeth's ramble she slipped up a few times and shared how she really feels about taking over. She does not want to do it. She also said (not an exact quote) "I will spend the next year....I, uh...mean...I will spend the rest of my life upholding my mother's memory and what she stood for". She also said 'they leadership has allowed me to" which translates in they "have been pressuring her to" call in for these sermons etc...

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Listening to Elizabeth ramble on about life after mom & hubby and have many comments but a pressing question:  When she announces that she's moving into Ashlawn and the congregants erupt in a cheer - was there probably an APPLAUSE sign that lit up? Did the elders on-stage signal the pewsitters to cheer?

It seems so incredibly phony, and yet she sounds totally self-confident. Yikes yikes yikes.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, TDHuggies said:

Yep Gwen was tired or preoccupied that's for sure. And if you listened to Elizabeth's ramble she slipped up a few times and shared how she really feels about taking over. She does not want to do it. She also said (not an exact quote) "I will spend the next year....I, uh...mean...I will spend the rest of my life upholding my mother's memory and what she stood for". She also said 'they leadership has allowed me to" which translates in they "have been pressuring her to" call in for these sermons etc...

That slip-up makes me think that she was urged to stay on for a year to keep Remnant going.  Maybe she agreed, on the condition that someone else would take it on when they were no longer worried about it utterly failing.  I wonder how much they've agreed to pay her and Michael...?

• Upvote 13

30 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Listening to Elizabeth ramble on about life after mom & hubby and have many comments but a pressing question:  When she announces that she's moving into Ashlawn and the congregants erupt in a cheer - was there probably an APPLAUSE sign that lit up? Did the elders on-stage signal the pewsitters to cheer?

It seems so incredibly phony, and yet she sounds totally self-confident. Yikes yikes yikes.

Elizabeth is down for living in a mansion (yay) and probably hosting color themed dress up parties for the inner circle as long as other people do the work.  In the world of Christianity we would say (sarcastically), "way to carry the cross".

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 8

13 minutes ago, Xan said:

That slip-up makes me think that she was urged to stay on for a year to keep Remnant going.  Maybe she agreed, on the condition that someone else would take it on when they were no longer worried about it utterly failing.  I wonder how much they've agreed to pay her and Michael...?

That's what I was thinking as well. I listened to it again this morning and it really sounds like that. I was thinking also how if (in a regular church) the pastor dies there's no going on and on about "unity" and that we "WILL keep this going"...it's just a given. Because in a regular church it's about God not about one individual leader of the church. Right now I'm sure they are all hanging on the hope the Elizabeth can keep the "magic" going. But she's no Gwen and does not have the charisma nor the drive. Maybe just playing old videos will be enough for the congregants. Who knows.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

2 minutes ago, TDHuggies said:

That's what I was thinking as well. I listened to it again this morning and it really sounds like that. I was thinking also how if (in a regular church) the pastor dies there's no going on and on about "unity" and that we "WILL keep this going"...it's just a given. Because in a regular church it's about God not about one individual leader of the church. Right now I'm sure they are all hanging on the hope the Elizabeth can keep the "magic" going. But she's no Gwen and does not have the charisma nor the drive. Maybe just playing old videos will be enough for the congregants. Who knows.

If old videos of Gwen are enough, that is just sad.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8

4 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

That's just so... WEIRD. I honestly can't imagine cheering upon hearing that. A sympathetic nod as she moves into her deceased mother's home... that would make sense. By why are you CHEERING because she's moving, and especially when she's moving into a home that (in theory) will bring daily, if not hourly, reminders that she's lost her mom and husband? I'm with you - there has to be some signal to cheer because that is NOT a natural cheering point.

3 hours ago, Xan said:

I could absolutely see this being the case... and maybe it will change over the year. I could see Elizabeth just not being in a frame of mind to take over and not wanting to. Yes, this was planned for a decade... but I would assume she intended to take leadership ALONGSIDE her husband, and after her mom passed expectedly of old age or something... not taking leadership as a single mom with absolutely no warning or preparation. I could see leadership saying "Just give us a year and we'll figure it out in that time" while also hoping that as she progresses in her grief, she'll be in a better headspace to fulfill her duties as the head of RF.

3 hours ago, rabbitholejulie said:

If old videos of Gwen are enough, that is just sad.

We've been saying since it happened that we think it's going to go the way of Scientology after LRH died. Yes, Miscavige ruthlessly runs the joint, but he doesn't teach or write or announce anything NEW in the "faith." Everything is just re-packaging LRH's old writings in a new, modern-looking cover. I think Elizabeth will "run" things, but I think even if she's teaching, it will just be her quoting her mom over and over... "And as Gwen said in 'The History of the Love of God...'" 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

The Prophet of Remnant (Now Deceased) wanted a Bible quote that says self-control is wrong so she found a Bible quote that says self-control is the fruit of the spirit. But if she changes a word it proves her point.

Spoiler

Diets and Control

July 29, 2021

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. I want to change the word “self-control” to “God-control.” Dieting and saying “yes” to dieting is wrong because it is person control vs. God control. The reason is because what you are REALLY saying is, “I am not going to let go of the food, and I am not committed  to God ruling. I am going to maneuver around idolatry and stay with the food and the chewing and the amount of chewing. I am going to do it with lower calories so that I can still lose weight.”

Let me describe the exact nature of dieting. Dieting allows you to chew and to stay near food. It is a secret relationship with candy hidden in your pocket. Each dieter has their favorite diet foods that they have got in small units with known calories. You are using low-calorie foods so that you can eat more volume. You count calories so that you can control your intake. If you have had your quota, you try to stop. That is a diet.

Dieting allows you to have larger volume so that you can be around the food longer or allows you to swallow more, and that is wrong. If you are cutting back calories so you can eat more volume, then you more than likely are not a routine person but a “dieter.” Continue reading tomorrow for more on control and diets

That's Galatians 5:22-23, by the way.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

27 minutes ago, Blue said:

there has to be some signal to cheer because that is NOT a natural cheering point.

I visited there a couple times and there didn't seem to be a signal. The standing ovations felt unnatural to me, but it seemed natural to them. I think they've been conditioned to get amped up at certain points. The intonation of her voice when she said she was moving in there made me expect that they were going to clap.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

46 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

The Prophet of Remnant (Now Deceased)

'Scuse me,  y'all, but that's "ProphetESS," as detailed by her daughter in her message this week.  ProphetESS.  

While on the subject of said message.  Some described it as "rambling" but I didn't get that impression at all.  She had the Scripture quotes visuals ready to go, for one thing.  I think she's pretty darned slick at public speaking and IF she wants to become the new ProphetESS, will do just fine.

That said, I'm really hoping she has plans to take the money and run from the leadership position.  Continue to be the figurehead, if she wishes, continue to enjoy Ashlawn and pour attention onto her daughters and son, and into who SHE wants to be.

Maybe even get into some better eating habits, and let somebody offer her a new makeup routine that enhances her look rather than make her resemble a Victorian tragic heroine. 

No shame here. 

We know that her mother refused her snack food when she was very little and who knows what else that might have resulted in a complicated relationship with food (Gwen acknowledged this).

As to her personal appearance, she's a young woman and why shouldn't she experiment with looks other than the one she adopted while her mom and her husband were alive?  Bodily and facial autonomy! If she likes the deep-red lips, she should keep 'em! But she could try something else.

But I digress.  I hope she's able to live the life SHE wants to lead.  She certainly has the finances to do so, and most of all, yes, I hope that life is self-determined.

*Speaking of Ashlawn. She got me to chuckle when she described how happy she is to be able to face east when praying AND see outside since her former home had no windows on the east side.  My goodness, the rich suffer JUST LIKE US. 

Based on mosques I have seen, visuals of the exterior eastern scene are not a requirement for prayers in the Islamic tradition.  Is RF's tradition to actually see outdoors to the east? No snark intended as far as this.  Snark *is* intended on po' li'l rich folk whose manses don't include eastern-facing apertures. ;) 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

The signal could be as simple as some people are the first to clap and applaud.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

On 7/19/2021 at 9:20 AM, NarcissismKills said:

At their 4th of July event, Michael sat on the stage for the so-called adult musical numbers. He didn't appear to be in charge of anything at all. He shifted around constantly,  twitching and sipping some water or munching a snack. He seemed to be pretty much ignored by most of the other men, you know, the ones with the fascist haircuts. I think they had all been in the David Martin music fan club, as it were. Michael doesn't currently appear to be up to much in terms of leadership. 

i always found when Michael spoke or gave any kind of godly message, it always seemed truly from his heart and made complete sense! There seemed to be something Michael didn't agree with or didn't like what was going on in the church.  He wasn't much on being fake or hanging out with fake people. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Scuse me,  y'all, but that's "ProphetESS," as detailed by her daughter in her message this week.  ProphetESS.  

Or Profitess ? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 15
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, My Fam in RF said:

I visited there a couple times and there didn't seem to be a signal. The standing ovations felt unnatural to me, but it seemed natural to them. I think they've been conditioned to get amped up at certain points. The intonation of her voice when she said she was moving in there made me expect that they were going to clap.

That's true - I've never visited during a normal service, but my husband has, and he did say it was creepy how they all clap at the exact same time (even when it doesn't feel like a normal time to clap) and how they all raise their hands the EXACT same way... like there was some RF orientation they all went to so they'd know the "correct" times to clap, cheer, and praise.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

the leaders all have signals. they signal when they want someone to come over and interrupt a conversation they rather not be having with someone, but they have to look like they are nice and loving people.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

'Scuse me,  y'all, but that's "ProphetESS," as detailed by her daughter in her message this week.  ProphetESS.  

Wait, she ACTUALLY said that? 

Because for YEARS our family and friends insisted that the whole "prophet" thing was something made up by outsiders to make them look like a cult, and that even if some people thought she was a prophet, it certainly was not the majority of the congregation (don't look at or listen to the testimonies that say "prophet" on a loop... ?).

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, finacial ice said:

the leaders all have signals. they signal when they want someone to come over and interrupt a conversation they rather not be having with someone, but they have to look like they are nice and loving people.

how do you know this? do you know the signals?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, My Fam in RF said:

how do you know this? do you know the signals?

oh i caught on eventually. then i started sitting back and watching them do it to other people. it was hilarious but kinda sick too 

24 minutes ago, Blue said:

Wait, she ACTUALLY said that? 

Because for YEARS our family and friends insisted that the whole "prophet" thing was something made up by outsiders to make them look like a cult, and that even if some people thought she was a prophet, it certainly was not the majority of the congregation (don't look at or listen to the testimonies that say "prophet" on a loop... ?).

no all members believed she was a true prophet, including herself.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I want to change the word “self-control” to “God-control.

And this is Gwenatians 5:23.

I think they've been conditioned to get amped up at certain points.

Agreed!

My thought about the announcement that Elizabeth was moving into Ashlawn was tantamount to her announcing that she is officially taking over as the new leader. To which they better cheer!

(But I see that others here aren't so sure she's eager to take over so I could be wrong about that.)

• Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic