IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 18: The Irony of the Possibly Overweight Plane

nelliebelle1197

They marry young in RF. I think it’s possible that in 6-7 years, Grace will be married to a high up RF member. She will probably have a big beautiful house her mother bought for her. And she might be able to give some sermons based on Gwen’s teachings. As long as she bases it solely on on Gwen’s beliefs and doesn’t try and change too much. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They marry young in RF. I think it’s possible that in 6-7 years, Grace will be married to a high up RF member. She will probably have a big beautiful house her mother bought for her. And she might be able to give some sermons based on Gwen’s teachings. As long as she bases it solely on on Gwen’s beliefs and doesn’t try and change too much. 

That's a sad future.  I doubt people will stick around for that many years...

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, rabbitholejulie said:

That's a sad future.  I doubt people will stick around for that many years...

Me too but I bet there will still be some. There are a lot of businesses tied into the cult. So there are some that would lose a lot of business if they left the cult. I can see them sticking around for years.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Give her 6 or 7 years. A group can lead until Grace is old enough. 

I wouldn’t put it past this group to have Grace lead even at a young age. It might even be easier because children do what they are told in RF so she would likely be very easy to manipulate and control.  And they are definitely not above abusing children that’s for sure. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Me too but I bet there will still be some. There are a lot of businesses tied into the cult. So there are some that would lose a lot of business if they left the cult. I can see them sticking around for years.

I don't know all the names, but as an example, whoever owns City Cafe can't leave - RF is the only reason they stay in business. ?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Blue said:

I don't know all the names, but as an example, whoever owns City Cafe can't leave - RF is the only reason they stay in business. ?

The businesses could fall like dominoes...

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, RFfamANON said:

I wouldn’t put it past this group to have Grace lead even at a young age. It might even be easier because children do what they are told in RF so she would likely be very easy to manipulate and control.  And they are definitely not above abusing children that’s for sure. 

That is a very good point!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So, Grace is not the one who has been featured in a lot of make-up, front and center in the children's stage presentations?  That one I'm guessing is 11 or 12, and seems very comfortable in the spotlight.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

Without Gwen's hair and cross body bags, there's so little to talk about.  RF may dwindle and what will happen to this thread?  I may need to find another way to waste time...  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

Is it sad that all the kids look alike to me? I can't tell any of them apart 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

yes many businesses tied into the cult.  It would have to continue on, not an option. Certainly was a huge panic when everything went down a couple months ago ....literally  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, finacial ice said:

yes many businesses tied into the cult.  It would have to continue on, not an option. Certainly was a huge panic when everything went down a couple months ago ....literally  

Maybe the thing will go broke?  A financial end is the end I would predict.  Anyone know what their balance sheet might look like?

• Upvote 2

On 7/29/2021 at 8:10 PM, FrumperedCat said:

I believe there was some talk on here several threads ago suggesting Erin Shamblin, Michael's wife, was someone of high regard for taking a senior role in leadership at minimum upon Gwen stepping down / passing on. Interesting regardless that she seems, based on comments, to be having no prominent role now.

There was some talk about her taking over Exodus (the construction company) or Brandon's real estate business but haven't heard anymore about it.  I think she is a stand in for Michael. He doesn't like to get involved in any of it for some reason. I truly think he just doesn't like what he sees in it.  Hard telling what all goes on behind the scenes that we don't see.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, finacial ice said:

There was some talk about her taking over Exodus (the construction company) or Brandon's real estate business but haven't heard anymore about it.  I think she is a stand in for Michael. He doesn't like to get involved in any of it for some reason. I truly think he just doesn't like what he sees in it.  Hard telling what all goes on behind the scenes that we don't see.

Maybe it's time for David Shamblin to step up- he has a theology degree and could preach Truth.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You see Grace and Gwenyth a lot in pics. Grace has always seemed to be favored.

I've noticed Gloria has been a bit more noticeable lately. She seems to have a bright personality, big smile. She's the one whose makeup is a bit overdone.

17 minutes ago, finacial ice said:

I think she is a stand in for Michael. He doesn't like to get involved in any of it for some reason. I truly think he just doesn't like what he sees in it.  Hard telling what all goes on behind the scenes that we don't see.

He' starting to behave more and more like his dad did, kind of fading out.

Edited by ManyGoats
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

49 minutes ago, ElleHouston said:

At least Michael’s and Elizabeth’s children look nothing alike. I do think the Hannah’s do look alike. But I can usually tell them apart based on age. 

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, ElleHouston said:

Not sad, predictable. I can only point out Charles Grantham (the Nashville equivalent of the Maxwell Doubly Named Scion, Simon Peter. 

When s child who’s called routinely by their first & middle names gets into trouble, how do the parents let him know he is? All three names, I guess? 

12 minutes ago, rabbitholejulie said:

Maybe it's time for David Shamblin to step up- he has a theology degree and could preach Truth.

He’s no wisp-thin bleached blonde, though. There’s more irony for you: in several branches of certain religions, females can’t lead because they’re females.

In the case of the RF, the round, gray-haired male likely would be passed over. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ManyGoats said:

I've noticed Gloria has been a bit more noticeable lately. She seems to have a bright personality, big smile. She's the one whose makeup is a bit overdone.

He' starting to behave more and more like his dad did, kind of fading out.

Yes he is fading. Didn't show up to play the piano on Saturday. He's supposed to be in charge of the music ministry. 

At least Michael’s and Elizabeth’s children look nothing alike. I do think the Hannah’s do look alike. But I can usually tell them apart based on age. 

The royal kids are showing up for assemblies and sitting right up front as ostentatiously as usual, but their parents are not anywhere to be seen. That's pretty strange. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, NarcissismKills said:

Yes he is fading. Didn't show up to play the piano on Saturday. He's supposed to be in charge of the music ministry. 

The royal kids are showing up for assemblies and sitting right up front as ostentatiously as usual, but their parents are not anywhere to be seen. That's pretty strange. 

Yes, VERY strange to just send the kids. It’s been two months! I honestly didn’t think it would take 2 months for Liz to do a “sermon” of sorts. I know she made the one appearance but it was brief and a couple of phone-ins but it was just talking not a “sermon”. I would think that the longer they go without establishing a new normal the more losses they will incur. (Not saying I’d be in the right state of mind either but I can see how this could be damaging)

And maybe Michael is on a fasting diet and will show up in another couple weeks all “appropriately thin” again? 

• Upvote 5

Gwen Shamblin Lara, still deceased, posted this today. Going Back to the Growl

Never forget, WeighDown Works, but you're a failure. 

It's so much fun to not eat!  It's so much fun to eat a tiny mouthful after you've starved yourself! But it took you only until Week Three to realize starving isn't sustainable!  Jesus fasted for forty days! You suck!

If the Growl is God speaking to you, who is the Fart?

• Haha 9

5 hours ago, rabbitholejulie said:

The man made a fortune scamming vulnerable people with his wife’s weight loss program. I can hardly see how such a person would be an improvement. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

9 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

The man made a fortune scamming vulnerable people with his wife’s weight loss program. I can hardly see how such a person would be an improvement. 

As far as I know, he was never really "into" the RF church activity. Even back when he and Gwen were married, there was only ever one picture of him on the website. An old black&white of the two of them on the leadership page. He seemed MIA from RF from the beginning. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Point taken.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, rabbitholejulie said:

Point taken.

Actually, the Weigh Down Workshop wasn't the problem (I took it in the 90's and it changed my eating still to this day), it was the add on fake religion that was much later and all of the associated money grabbing.  

• Upvote 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic