IGNORED

Political Memes, Comics, and other Shenanigans, Part 34

GreyhoundFan

6 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.4666b8b9deca8b18eac5797e71e14561.png

Why is getting the vaccine so you won't die hard for the right to understand?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

20210707_britt1.JPG

• Upvote 6

20210707_telnaes1.JPG

• Upvote 6

20210707_bagleyy1.JPG

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Why is getting the vaccine so you won't die hard for the right to understand?

They won't understand it because their views of being pro-life only mean pro-controlling women.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

12 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

They won't understand it because their views of being pro-life only mean pro-controlling women.

And not inconveniencing themselves in any way.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

Now he's really fornicated.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

image.png.12f0738be5356b45ef822e4e9dfa3377.png

• Sad 10

20210709_csotd1.JPG

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

20210709_csotd2.JPG

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 1

20210709_davies1.JPG

• Upvote 10

20210709_lalo1.JPG

• Upvote 8

20210709_bennett1.JPG

• Upvote 9

20210709_rogers1.JPG

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

20210709_deadder1.png

• Upvote 9

20210709_telnaes1.JPG

• Upvote 7

20210709_bagley1.JPG

• Haha 12

20210712_red2.JPG

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

image.png.4a9a89982a3cef8d71e3a2ea83ea049a.png

"Confederate Whiners"

The American Civil War has been over for 156 years, and last week, the Confederacy lost another battle.

Confederate monuments were taken down in Charlottesville, Virginia Saturday morning. As you recall, unless you’re a MAGA fucknut, Charlottesville is where a bunch of white nationalists and neo-Nazis held an event to save these racist monuments, an event they called “Unite the Right.” It was a violent hootenanny where racists attacked counter protesters and Nazis marched with tiki torches while chanting, “Jews will not replace us, and “blood and soil.” A white supremacist racist fuck also murdered Heather Heyer, a counter protester. There were also 49 non-fatal injuries with 35 of those coming from people being rammed by a racist’s car.

After the event, Donald Trump tried to equate the racist fucks with the peaceful protesters by arguing the Nazis, led by Nazi-lover Richard Spencer, had a permit and that there “very fine people on both sides.” His supporters say he never praised Nazis but c’mon. Fine people don’t march with Nazis, even when they’re not chanting shit like, “Jews will not replace us.” People, he praised Nazis.

The Unite the Right goons weren’t about preserving history or saving statues as much as they were about having a racist pep rally. The statues were just an excuse for their hillbilly jamboree.

Four years after this haterfest, Charlottesville has finally removed the statues of Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson. And the same people screaming to save these statues are having shit fits over critical race theory, and they don’t even know what that is.

Right wingers are good at screaming what they think critical race theory is. They tell us it’s racist, Marxist, communist, etc, and they don’t even know what those mean. I hear conservatives scream that critical race theory is hatred toward whites. OK, so what does it say about you with your argument to only teach white history? Does that mean the people who want to prevent critical race theory being taught hate black people?

I don’t think they hate black people as much as they hate their white privilege being replaced. In Charlottesville in 2017, they literally chanted about being replaced. Boo-hoo.

Racists fought to save these statues which aren’t as much monuments to history as they are to treason and racism. Most of these statues were erected during times of increased racial strife in our nation. If there’s a Confederate monument in your yee-haw town, ask what year it was commissioned. I bet you a Confederate dollar it was around 1915 or during the Civil Rights movement. The Robert E. Lee statue in Charlottesville was commissioned in 1917. The racist film, Birth of a Nation, came out in 1915, the year of the Ku Klux Klan’s rebirth. Did you know that? If not, maybe they should teach that in school.

They should teach that in school as well as teaching about our founding fathers and how a lot of them owned slaves when they signed a document for “American freedom” stating, “All men are created equal.” Schools should teach the real history of the Alamo and not just let a John Wayne movie suffice (where the film features Jim Bowie’s loyal slave, but in reality, William Travis’ slave, Sam survived and later escaped slavery. The movie didn’t teach you that). They should teach about the internment of Japanese Americans. They should teach how our nation acquired the land and who white settlers took it from. We shouldn’t stop teaching our children about black contributions to this nation when we get to Jesse Owens. Do you recall being taught about Frederick Douglas? Do you recall WHAT they taught you about Frederick Douglas?

The truth is, our nation was built on the broken backs of black Americans. They were not prisoners with jobs. They were not immigrants given jobs and free housing as soon as they got off the boat. We need to teach what happened with black human beings in our nation from 1619 to Tulsa to the Civil Rights movement to Freedom Summer to Thurgood Marshall to Martin Luther King Jr to Malcolm X to President Barack Obama.

Conservatives say we need these Confederate statues to teach history, but if that was the case, then why aren’t there any statues of Ulysses S. Grant in the south? There are statues of Jefferson Davis in the south, but how many statues of Abraham Lincoln? And are you so sure we need statues to learn? I mean, I don’t see any algebra statues but we still learned that shit.

A good sign you don’t really care about history lessons but instead, you’re a racist, is if you’re screaming to save these statues and you’re from the north. Richard Spencer, the white supremacist who organized the Charlottesville hate rally, is from Massachusetts. The racist president who screamed to save these statues is from New York City.

I have white privilege. I had it all my life and I had it when I didn’t know I had it…or what it was. I had it when I wasn’t feeling very privileged…but I still had it. Removing these statues isn’t going to take that away…or my history. I’m not worried about being replaced or afraid that one day soon, I won’t be in the majority. But this scares the living shit out of white racists. They’re afraid they’re going to lose their privilege and entitlement. Teaching history about all Americans, not just the white ones, will not replace you.

Uneducated racist people are not going to be replaced…even though it’d be awesome if they were.

• Upvote 9

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic