IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 10: Before Happily Ever After

Bethella

Edwin Morton's lady friend did a story asking for prayers for him as he is trying to buy a house.  That may as well be a marriage proposal in their world.  

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

41 minutes ago, JMO said:

Edwin Morton's lady friend did a story asking for prayers for him as he is trying to buy a house.  That may as well be a marriage proposal in their world.  

Absolutely. Once those papers are signed, the ring is on her finger. By this time next year, the babies will be arriving. 

I do wonder where the house is. All the manly Morton men live on the compound somewhere. Even John & Campbell; they're at the end of the driveway, on the road, rather than all the way back by everyone else, but it's still compound property. Is Edwin gonna' move another house onto the property somewhere like Andrew did? If he doesn't he'll be the first Morton Man to live elsewhere (at least at first; Cleve lived above the barn, went to Texas & came back; Mike & Wes built the shared houses on the compound then ran away to Paraguay, leaving the houses for other family members). 

• Upvote 5

17 hours ago, browngrl said:

I'd come to FJ to hear about Jana's future nuptials but really there is only one fundie wedding that would make me jump to attention - Sarah Maxwell. 

If that happens it’ll break FJ, just like the Nurthan courtship announcement did.

• Upvote 10

12 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Hannah Salyer and Luke Hoover have their wedding website up. Set to marry on December 18th

https://www.theknot.com/us/hannah-salyer-and-luke-hoover-dec-2021

Also, based on his sister Destiny’s ig stories, Valiant Thomas is engaged to Jaryn Neufeld and getting married in November 

Awww, we knew Valiant was pursuing a bride. I wonder if he got a car yet or if he put it off to get him some? 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know what happened with Joanna Marshall and Jesse Bouchard? The Fundamentalist wiki Unmarried Fundies page lists her as Single instead of Engaged. Jesse's Facebook status is listed as Single as well.

6 hours ago, sleepygirl1 said:

Grant Balka is engaged to a girl named Maddie Ragle

737ADAE8-7CBB-4B04-9A30-9A85FF570D5D.jpeg

How old is he? I don't know much about then aside from there only being 5.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JMO said:

How old is he? I don't know much about then aside from there only being 5.

He’s 22. He was born 6 days after his SIL Josie. 

• Thank You 4

2 hours ago, Lady Dondarrion said:

Anyone know what happened with Joanna Marshall and Jesse Bouchard? The Fundamentalist wiki Unmarried Fundies page lists her as Single instead of Engaged. Jesse's Facebook status is listed as Single as well.

Well I know they were engaged for over a year. And they pushed back their wedding date a couple of times (they were supposed to get married in the spring and then they moved it to the fall) the excuse was COVID but that’s never a good sign. I think when you have two older people who have jobs and routines it might be hard to adjust to living with someone and taking in their life and matching it with your own.

• Upvote 3

On 7/16/2021 at 4:17 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Hopefully the wedding won't be for a while. If I were them, I would wait for the trial to be over. 

I wish them well, but they seem like a real mismatch to me.

Why do you say they are a mismatch? Both are young, super-duper sheltered, in the same cult.... I'm sincerely curious.

Olivia Collingsworth is engaged. But she isn’t saying to who. And I’m finding that rather annoying. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 5

She’s 24, so I suspected she’d be in a relationship soon. Several of the comments on Instagram about how they had spotted a guy in the backseat of her car a few months back so they suspected something. Dam some people have eagle eyes.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Olivia Collingsworth is engaged. But she isn’t saying to who. And I’m finding that rather annoying. 

His name is Dawson.

48659345-EACF-4FE3-98FB-7CA65820F357.png

B4B1BBF6-2F73-4C53-B9AC-08DC899D8777.png

Edited by sleepygirl1
  • Thank You 13

8 hours ago, sleepygirl1 said:

His name is Dawson.

48659345-EACF-4FE3-98FB-7CA65820F357.png

B4B1BBF6-2F73-4C53-B9AC-08DC899D8777.png

The Collingsworths are so different from the usual fundies. They have lots of money, small families, fairly educated, and marry men who can provide. I can’t stand the Collingsworths (I think they are smug as hell) but at least they can provide all the essentials for their kids (and more).

• Upvote 9

I live in Cincinnati like the Collingsworths. The guy she's engaged to lives in the wealthiest suburb and shares his last name with a road and probably some other landmarks. Yeah, she's marrying even more money. No wonder she never looked twice at the Duggar and Bates guys. 

• Upvote 17
  • Thank You 6

4 hours ago, EmiSue said:

I live in Cincinnati like the Collingsworths. The guy she's engaged to lives in the wealthiest suburb and shares his last name with a road and probably some other landmarks. Yeah, she's marrying even more money. No wonder she never looked twice at the Duggar and Bates guys. 

They're also Methodist I think? So completely wrong set of Fundie beliefs for the Duggars/Bates 

• Upvote 7

I know "Aiccholz" can't possibly be pronounced the way that it looks to me, but I'll never read it without thinking "A-holes". 

Good on the Collingsworths for insisting that someone other than Jesus provide for their married childrens' upkeep. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8

Aichholz is a German last name (although the original German spelling would be Eichholz), meaning oak wood. In the US, it’s apparently most common in Pennsylvania (just did a quick google search). My assumption would be that the family was Amish/Mennonite at some point, although of course that could be several generations ago. 

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Oh, god. They're going to name their first son Collingsworth Dawson Aichholz. 

The pretention oozes already. 

No, it will be Farthington Collingsworth Aichholz and call him Farty. 🤣 I still don’t understand why they gave baby Wells the name Wellington when they only call him Wells. Just name the kid Wells! It’s way less pretentious sounding. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

I know they’re on the list but I didn’t see this posted yet, so apologies if I missed it.

They honeymooned in Jamaica. Also, Deven must have cut and dyed her hair because it almost looked to me like Mike married a totally different person than the one in his engagement photos.

E9826194-1669-4C2E-92B5-8A7CFD5CB03B.jpeg.d8a23838c24eb869e0c51c2bedcb2ca9.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

Oh look now they can touch! Also for me she looked  way better as a brunette 

Edited by byzant
Sp
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic