IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 10: Before Happily Ever After

Bethella

29 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

So special. Oh, it brings tears to my eyes. 

So special it brings rolls to my eyes. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

I recall that the Seven Sisters used to complain about constantly being mistaken for Amish... and now that Rebekah has ditched the plain dress, she's marrying a guy named Yoder!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 10

18 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I recall that the Seven Sisters used to complain about constantly being mistaken for Amish... and now that Rebekah has ditched the plain dress, she's marrying a guy named Yoder!

Rebekah does still wear frumpers sometimes, as it happens. She still head covers as well.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I bet he’s ex Amish. The ex Amish seem to go well with fundies for some reason. 

• Upvote 5

Yoder is a common name even amongst the not Amish here.  I live very near Indiana Amish country and grew up here.  He could be ex Amish, he could be descendants from ex Amish, he could just be descended from German immigrants who also heavily moved into this area.  

edited to correct the word settled which was wrong on several accounts, including the fact this land was already home to “settled” indigenous peoples who survived today well before any Yoders showed up.

Edited by treemom
  • Upvote 6

I don't know if this is the same Barron Sanders as is listed in Bethella's chart or if it's a different Barron Sanders, but it seems like it might be him. Here is the link.

• Upvote 1

Found this when scrolling through fundie fandom/snark Tumblrs: apparently, in the most recent YouTube video posted by Carlin and Evan, Carlin says that Katie’s wedding is in 169 days. The video was allegedly taken when they went to hibachi with Alyssa. 169 days after June 17 is Saturday, December 4.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 11

17 minutes ago, AverageGiraffe said:

Brenna Gimenez is engaged to a man named AJ, who she's been courting for a while, announced yesterday on her mom's blog (http://adayinthelifeofamissionarywife.blogspot.com/)

He's almost 11 years older than her. She just turned 22. 

Who is Brenna?

• I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

She's the third child of Kami and Patrick Gimenez from Florida. http://adayinthelifeofamissionarywife.blogspot.com/

She's the aunt of three little girls born to her eldest brother Joshua and his wife Tabitha: Liberty, Freedom and Victory.

http://thelifeasmrandmrsgimenez.blogspot.com/

Oh sweet baby jebus. I remember reading about these people in the camper in the past. Because I have enough crazy in my life, I never went beyond first investigation when they were brought up.

But now another one of the family is paired off into what I presume is a godly union and will start breeding immediately. Hopefully in a home without wheels this time. Maybe their kids will be named tRump, Stop the Steal, MAGA or Fuck Your Feelings. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

She's the third child of Kami and Patrick Gimenez from Florida. http://adayinthelifeofamissionarywife.blogspot.com/

She's the aunt of three little girls born to her eldest brother Joshua and his wife Tabitha: Liberty, Freedom and Victory.

Thanks, the only discussion I found on the family here on FJ was about Tabitha’s third pregnancy/birth, so I didn’t recognize them. 

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

I briefly ducked down this rabbit hole to the “my family” page and was struck by this (can’t figure out a quote box on my phone sorry):

Silas Boone was next and born exactly 9 1/2 years after Brenna. No, he's not a surprise, but a planned blessing. Patrick and I realized we weren't too old to have more and decided to have another precious baby.  Silas brings us so much joy and laughter. He loves to read and do magic tricks.  He faithfully takes good care of his little goat herd and is learning so much in the process!  God has called him to preach and he has preached a couple of times. What a blessing this boy is!

If Brenna just turned 22, that puts Silas at 13. He was potentially a couple of years younger when this was written, because the page refers to Liberty Anne “the sweetest, cutest and chubbiest baby” and no mention of her two younger sisters. So that means “God has called” a pre-teen CHILD to preach and they found a congregation who would listen politely a few times and pretend he had something insightful to say. My 9 year old likes magic tricks and reading too. Currently he says he wants to be a botanist when he grows up, I didn’t realise that might be his god-given calling. I do not have enough eye rolls.

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, Bethella said:

Thanks, the only discussion I found on the family here on FJ was about Tabitha’s third pregnancy/birth, so I didn’t recognize them. 

I haven't seen any discussion on them here either, but I've been following their blogs for a while and figured I'd throw it out there for the list since Tabitha has been introduced in the babies thread

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Daisy Roberts and James Wiggins are engaged per Daisy’s sister Norma’s Instagram. 

Another pair of siblings married to siblings. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Another pair of siblings married to siblings. 

At least they are shrinking the gene pool for the next generation. When they're all related to each other, as genetically close as siblings in the case of the sibling/sibling marriages, they pretty much preclude their offspring from being able to marry within their circles. 

The S'Mortons have 23 next generation double cousins who are genetically the same as half siblings (I think?). Then there are the Bontragers who have doubles with the Bowers' and Helferichs'. The Roberts' with the Wiggins'. The Helferichs' are double with the Bonts and Hardys. The Hales with the Buckinghams & Rubios, the Staddons & Frazers. Neelys & Wilkes'. I know there are more but I can't remember them all, and definitely don't follow them all. 

Anyway. I don't have a problem with them all marrying each other. A smaller fudie gene pool means less fundie breeding ability in subsequent generations. 

• Upvote 14

5 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

At least they are shrinking the gene pool for the next generation. When they're all related to each other, as genetically close as siblings in the case of the sibling/sibling marriages, they pretty much preclude their offspring from being able to marry within their circles. 

The S'Mortons have 23 next generation double cousins who are genetically the same as half siblings (I think?). Then there are the Bontragers who have doubles with the Bowers' and Helferichs'. The Roberts' with the Wiggins'. The Helferichs' are double with the Bonts and Hardys. The Hales with the Buckinghams & Rubios, the Staddons & Frazers. Neelys & Wilkes'. I know there are more but I can't remember them all, and definitely don't follow them all. 

Anyway. I don't have a problem with them all marrying each other. A smaller fudie gene pool means less fundie breeding ability in subsequent generations. 

My issue is I believe it makes it harder to leave fundieland if you have so many intertwined family members. Any infighting becomes pretty complex and seems to force you to take sides (examples: Smith/Mortons and Washburn/Lagoys).

• Upvote 13

5 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

The S'Mortons have 23 next generation double cousins who are genetically the same as half siblings (I think?).

Double first cousins are indeed genetically as close as half siblings, assuming their parents are not twins. Identical twins that marry and produce offspring with other identical twins have children than are genetically full siblings. Which is wild. We've had at least one instance of this in my extended family, and it occasionally makes me wonder about the havoc it must play with the results some people see on home DNA kit results for genealogical purposes. At the very least, it could artificially inflate the number of offspring assigned to one of the breeding pairs of twins. 

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My issue is I believe it makes it harder to leave fundieland if you have so many intertwined family members. Any infighting becomes pretty complex and seems to force you to take sides (examples: Smith/Mortons and Washburn/Lagoys).

In all fairness, this happens in many families, regardless of intermarriage. Especially with in-fighting and taking sides, and the instinct some families have to protect the perpetrator in abusive relationships. People who want to leave their immediate family group (for any reason) often have to rely on a sympathetic outsider. I assume the isolation of many fundies (particularly women and children) would make meaningful contacts outside of the bubble pretty difficult.

Perhaps I'm projecting due to personal (secular) experience, though. 

• Upvote 8

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I suppose. But, there is always gonna' be family drama, intermarriage or not. Family members will always be taking sides & feel put in the middle & torn in pieces in arguments & disagreements. 

Edited:

@SolomonFundy& I were posting at the same time & said basically the same thing. And I, too, may have been talking from personal experience.

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 5

33 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Oh my gosh! Can we make a list? I cannot believe there are that many!

• Upvote 3

At least the Roberts/Wiggins pairs seem pretty uninterested in the fundie lifestyle. All have limited social media presences that mostly highlight them rock climbing and drinking wine, and Edgar and his wife don't appear to be in any hurry to fill their quiver.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

Oh my gosh! Can we make a list? I cannot believe there are that many!

I made a list not too long ago. I’ll go look for it.

Bontrager/Bowers

Helferich/Bontrager

Helferich/Hardy

Smith/Morton (x3)

Buckingham/Hale

Hale/Rubio

Wilson/Weeks

Staddon/Frazer

Frazer/Taylor

Neely/Wilkes (x3)

Tate/Schrock

Wiggins/Roberts