IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 10: Before Happily Ever After

Bethella

8 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Elizabeth has the two boys but also a girl. I think her name is Esther. 

Yes, Elizabeth’s children are:

• Judah Daniel born October 2017
  • Samson Isaiah born February 2019
  • Esther born July 2020
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

9 hours ago, Bethella said:

Yes, Elizabeth’s children are:

• Judah Daniel born October 2017
  • Samson Isaiah born February 2019
  • Esther born July 2020

Wow, if she keeps up the pace, she should have another by the end of the year. Joe and Elissa’s kids are much more spaced out.

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Wow, if she keeps up the pace, she should have another by the end of the year. Joe and Elissa’s kids are much more spaced out.

I think the differences are many - Elizabeth & her husband seem to be unable to keep their hands off each other. They really like each other. They are in business together. 

There is no comparison to Joseph & Elissa. 

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I think the differences are many - Elizabeth & her husband seem to be unable to keep their hands off each other. They really like each other. They are in business together. 

There is no comparison to Joseph & Elissa. 

Let’s hope she wants all those kids and isn’t being shamed into avoiding birth control of any sort.

• Upvote 6

On 8/29/2021 at 3:55 PM, SolomonFundy said:

I know "Aiccholz" can't possibly be pronounced the way that it looks to me, but I'll never read it without thinking "A-holes". 

Good on the Collingsworths for insisting that someone other than Jesus provide for their married childrens' upkeep. 

I was like.....this can't possibly be "ache holes" can it? 🥵

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Is it wrong of me that my eyes always see the thread title as Unmarried Fundies:  Before Unhappily Ever After

Next title thread!:GPn0zNK:

• Upvote 10

On 9/21/2021 at 6:49 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Is it wrong of me that my eyes always see the thread title as Unmarried Fundies:  Before Unhappily Ever After

I'm glad i'm not the only one. 😁

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

So Brenna Shay/Shea? Gimenez married her fiancee AJ Blankenship on September 24, 2021. Their wedding is up on youtube for people who wish to see it. (If someone else could also watch this, and verify I'm not imagining this that would be good.)

Here's some highlights from the video:

It's AJ's birthday so they sang "Happy Birthday" during the ceremony after the bridesmaids walked the aisle, but before the bride showed up. "AJ is getting a bride for his birthday." They haven't said how old he is, but he looks older than Brenna.

The minister says that Brenna's dad gave Brenna purity ring when she was 14 and this was some years ago. She has kept her purity and today she is giving her ring back to her dad. Carlin Bates gave her purity ring to Evan on their wedding night. Now her sister is singing a song about giving the purity ring back to dad! The song says "God me as a gift to you and now it's time for you to give me away." 

The preacher knows the bride through her sister-in-law and he got the name of the bride's brother (who's married to the sister-in-law) wrong.

God used anesthesia to make Adam a bride out of Adam's rib. 

AJ's vows are sweet. He mentions that he loves like Christ loves the church. (Ephesians 5:25) The minister uses this to make a point how it's better for a husband to love his wife because God told him too. If a man loves his wife, because she's pretty; what happens when her looks fade? I guess it never occured to this minister that a husband could love a wife for who she is.

Brenna's vows are also self-written. She promises to submit and honor God, but she also seems to love him very much.

There's another song that sounds like people wrote it for this couple.

The minister preaches a long sermon at the end of the wedding after the couple has left. The minister compares trying to get into heaven without Jesus is like trying to enter the country without a passport or visa. Apparently you need your actual papers that say you have Jesus (baptismal record?).

As fundie weddings go, this wasn't too bad. It wasn't too long, it wasn't too hateful, and the couple seemed happy. I wish them a lot of luck and happiness.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I don’t know this couple at all. She seems young, he seems older. I don’t understand… do they not have a sanctuary? It looks like it took place in what we would call the fellowship hall, but ok. I’m always incredibly icked out with all the talk and singing for gods sake about purity. Everyone in there just thinking about if that girl’s private intimate life. Ew. I didn’t mind the bridesmaid dresses… they seem happy… within the confines of what they believe - they are doing everything right. Hope she is happy and well cared for.

• Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, EyesOpen said:

I don’t know this couple at all. She seems young, he seems older. I don’t understand… do they not have a sanctuary? It looks like it took place in what we would call the fellowship hall, but ok. I’m always incredibly icked out with all the talk and singing for gods sake about purity. Everyone in there just thinking about if that girl’s private intimate life. Ew. I didn’t mind the bridesmaid dresses… they seem happy… within the confines of what they believe - they are doing everything right. Hope she is happy and well cared for.

He has a lot of gray. I know some people go gray at a young age, but I would guess he’s in his 30s. She turned 22 in July. There’s definitely at least an 8 year age difference, maybe more. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He has a lot of gray. I know some people go gray at a young age, but I would guess he’s in his 30s. She turned 22 in July. There’s definitely at least an 8 year age difference, maybe more. 

I'm thinking at least 10 years difference.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, petrushka said:

I’m not usually against age differences but in fundieland, the females seem pretty emotionally immature because they are so isolated. At least she’s not 18.

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, EyesOpen said:

They also talked about her like she's not a human adult, but a gift or prize, etc. It wasn't all like that and she got to give her own vows that she wrote herself. However there were several places where they talked about her as a gift, etc. They also played up the headship stuff, without saying the word headship a lot.

Also the church may not have sanctuary if it's a new church with a nonchurch building. The bridesmaids' dresses were that green shade that's popular now.

11 hours ago, petrushka said:

I agree. The minister managed to put his foot in his mouth several times and even he didn't reveal AJ's age. Also it struck me as odd that they refer to AJ as AJ always. I suppose his birth certificate could say AJ, but it sounds more like a nickname. No use of the formal name for a legal and formal ceremony? 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m not usually against age differences but in fundieland, the females seem pretty emotionally immature because they are so isolated. At least she’s not 18.

This. Age differences in general don't phase me. But, with fundies, the girl is typically so immature & inexperienced that marrying someone significantly older just screams of control & manipulation to me. 

Much like when an 18 year old is involved with a 38 year old. It's not the 20 year age difference that squigs me out, it's the lack of experience of the 18 year old; the lack of emotional maturity. 

If a 25 year old wants to marry a 45 year old, at least there is some life experience with that 25 year old. Whether college & working or working or traveling or whatever they've done for 7 years since becoming a legal adult. 

In general, age differences are not a factor. But, when there are other factors - inexperience, primarily - the age begins to matter more. 

And young fundie girls with older fundie men always puts up flags because of their whole focus on patriarchy. It creates an environment primed for control & abuse. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

So Brenna Shay/Shea? Gimenez married her fiancee AJ Blankenship on September 24, 2021. Their wedding is up on youtube for people who wish to see it. (If someone else could also watch this, and verify I'm not imagining this that would be good.)
Here's some highlights from the video:
It's AJ's birthday so they sang "Happy Birthday" during the ceremony after the bridesmaids walked the aisle, but before the bride showed up. "AJ is getting a bride for his birthday." They haven't said how old he is, but he looks older than Brenna.
The minister says that Brenna's dad gave Brenna purity ring when she was 14 and this was some years ago. She has kept her purity and today she is giving her ring back to her dad. Carlin Bates gave her purity ring to Evan on their wedding night. Now her sister is singing a song about giving the purity ring back to dad! The song says "God me as a gift to you and now it's time for you to give me away." 
The preacher knows the bride through her sister-in-law and he got the name of the bride's brother (who's married to the sister-in-law) wrong.
God used anesthesia to make Adam a bride out of Adam's rib. 
AJ's vows are sweet. He mentions that he loves like Christ loves the church. (Ephesians 5:25) The minister uses this to make a point how it's better for a husband to love his wife because God told him too. If a man loves his wife, because she's pretty; what happens when her looks fade? I guess it never occured to this minister that a husband could love a wife for who she is.
Brenna's vows are also self-written. She promises to submit and honor God, but she also seems to love him very much.
There's another song that sounds like people wrote it for this couple.
The minister preaches a long sermon at the end of the wedding after the couple has left. The minister compares trying to get into heaven without Jesus is like trying to enter the country without a passport or visa. Apparently you need your actual papers that say you have Jesus (baptismal record?).
As fundie weddings go, this wasn't too bad. It wasn't too long, it wasn't too hateful, and the couple seemed happy. I wish them a lot of luck and happiness.
Excellent summary. Shes 22. He is either 33 or 34, I don't remember 100%. I did a deep dive into it when they announced their courtship because he is graying early and looks older than he is. Still quite a gap. His vows were sweet, the pastor really ruined them. She does seem to really love him. He strikes me as a quiet, kind man and for her sake I hope that is the case. Also, he's not very tall and as someone married to a short man... hem your damn pants! Off the rack will almost always be too long, my man. If you can't find something in a 32 length, hem that shit. It's your wedding day for goodness sake.
I agree. The minister managed to put his foot in his mouth several times and even he didn't reveal AJ's age. Also it struck me as odd that they refer to AJ as AJ always. I suppose his birth certificate could say AJ, but it sounds more like a nickname. No use of the formal name for a legal and formal ceremony? 
You're correct that they don't have a sanctuary. Theyre in the beginning stages of building a "real" church, so to speak. I was also a little surprised by the use of AJ. I thought for sure I'd find out his full name during the ceremony.
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

Spencer Holt is engaged to a girl named Hayley, per his parents’ Instagram. There hasn’t been a Holt wedding since 2012, so it’s been a long time coming. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Spencer Holt is engaged to a girl named Hayley, per his parents’ Instagram. There hasn’t been a Holt wedding since 2012, so it’s been a long time coming. 

The last time one of their sons married a girl named Haley, it ended in divorce! Maybe this Hayley Holt will be different. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 3

5 minutes ago, SusanAtTheLastBattle said:

Is he the last single Burnett? They've been efficient!

Yes! It’s pretty hard for fundie families to get every single kid married in a timely fashion. But since they only have eight, they have it a little easier. But the Maxwells have 8 and 3 are still unmarried. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jasmine Willis is engaged. To another McDowell I believe. This will be a third Willis McDowell wedding. Ryan McDowell. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic