IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 10: Before Happily Ever After

Bethella

15 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

I think we’ll see Kaylee and Renee married before we see any of the boys.

I agree. And then maybe Samuel will find a girl to court and Tim’s head will explode. 

• Upvote 6

If the father of a courtship eligible female doesn't grill a Rod boy (or any boy) on how he intends to support a wife he deserves to have his daughter & her double digit kids living in an RV in his back yard forever. Steve Maxwell requirements not necessary, but the ability to hold down a job and pay for life as an adult should be "are you husband worthy" 101.

I definitely thing the Rod girls will marry before the boys. It's not necessary for them to have an education or skill. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

15 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

If the father of a courtship eligible female doesn't grill a Rod boy (or any boy) on how he intends to support a wife he deserves to have his daughter & her double digit kids living in an RV in his back yard forever. Steve Maxwell requirements not necessary, but the ability to hold down a job and pay for life as an adult should be "are you husband worthy" 101.

I definitely thing the Rod girls will marry before the boys. It's not necessary for them to have an education or skill. 

Never thought I'd endorse a Maxwell product, but I'll make an exception for the Rodriguii and Steve's book on raising sons.  Not because Steve is brilliant but because David and Jill are doing such a crappy job of preparing their sons for the real world.  Even the Keller sons can earn a living wage. All the Rodrigues sons are learning is how to grift and sermonize.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

24 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Never thought I'd endorse a Maxwell product, but I'll make an exception for the Rodriguii and Steve's book on raising sons.  Not because Steve is brilliant but because David and Jill are doing such a crappy job of preparing their sons for the real world.  Even the Keller sons can earn a living wage. All the Rodrigues sons are learning is how to grift and sermonize.

It's true Steve "prepared his sons" but he failed his daughters, so I think it's a wash. 

The Rods failed all of their offspring so, I guess that's a wash too. 

Being a fundie parent seems really freaking hard. Raising all your kids, not matter their sex, to be decent, honest, fair, productive human beings is apparently raising them for the devil or something. 

• Upvote 17

Benjamin Burnett is engaged. He will be the last Burnett sibling to get married. I knew that as soon as he got into relationship it was going to be only a matter of time until he got engaged.

A0B8F076-E072-4AE0-A674-F8372B82AF25.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

Wow a family of 8 kids and all of them are married. And no divorced yet. Not many large fundie families can get every kid married off before the oldest hits 40. The Maxwells sure can’t. 

• Upvote 17

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Wow a family of 8 kids and all of them are married. And no divorced yet. Not many large fundie families can get every kid married off before the oldest hits 40. The Maxwells sure can’t. 

Yes both Nathan and Christopher are over 40 and the Maxwells still have single children.

• Upvote 3

I believe the maxwells could have if the girls weren’t so stunted. Families like the Burnetts and Bontragers that actually believe in getting their kids married do a pretty good job. The moms and dads are like super Mrs. Bennett’s from pride and prejudiced.

• Upvote 11

6 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

I believe the maxwells could have if the girls weren’t so stunted. Families like the Burnetts and Bontragers that actually believe in getting their kids married do a pretty good job. The moms and dads are like super Mrs. Bennett’s from pride and prejudiced.

How do they Stunt them?

19 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

How do they Stunt them?

They don’t allow much freedom. Most fundie families aren’t big on female freedom. However some are worse than others. The Burnett’s allowed higher education for daughters and jobs outside of the family. Steve Maxwell doesn’t allow that for his daughters. 

• Upvote 11

I chuckle every single time I read: Gothard Bill.

Is David Keller engaged now to Hannah Reber so he should probably be removed from Single and added to engaged.

• Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

I chuckle every single time I read: Gothard Bill.

Is David Keller engaged now to Hannah Reber so he should probably be removed from Single and added to engaged.

@Bethella keeps track. Will probably update soon.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

@Bethella keeps track. Will probably update soon.

I finally have a free night and I'm working on it now. ?

• Thank You 10

I didn't check the Duggar forum so this might be old news but in one of Jessa's baby videos -isn't it Stephan Wissman sitting beside her at the table? (can't post the image because am not skilled enough)

edited to add: as usual I'm the last to know - just saw this on the Duggar thread where there is a picture  too. Sorry

Edited by browngrl
because I am late to the party - again
  • Upvote 3

According to her Facebook page, Emily Beth Buckingham is in a relationship with a man named Raymond Muetz Jr.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

On 7/27/2021 at 12:31 PM, Mudgie said:

I think Steve Maxwell is quite happy indeed for his daughters to remain unmarried. 

I also think Geoff Botkin is quite happy fir his daughters to remain unmarried. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

@Bethella Esther Keyes confirmed in her Instagram stories that she and Nathan are getting married on Oct 22nd.

Spoiler

73069F74-7FD5-4277-AD9C-7BC1D5D1418E.png

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

3 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

@Bethella Esther Keyes confirmed in her Instagram stories that she and Nathan are getting married on Oct 22nd.

Hide contents

73069F74-7FD5-4277-AD9C-7BC1D5D1418E.png

I admit I much prefer the way the Bateses handle upcoming weddings. Being secretive and putting out fake wedding dates is just annoying. People figure it out a lot of the time anyway. So if you are just upfront about it in the first place, it makes you look better. The constant wedding secrecy of the Duggars after putting all of their lives on tv for a long time is just annoying. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I admit I much prefer the way the Bateses handle upcoming weddings. Being secretive and putting out fake wedding dates is just annoying. People figure it out a lot of the time anyway. So if you are just upfront about it in the first place, it makes you look better. The constant wedding secrecy of the Duggars after putting all of their lives on tv for a long time is just annoying. 

A few years ago the Duggars were more in the news I think. In the period around the weddings of Jinger en Joy there was a lot of interest from the press so it made some sense to be secretive.

But at this point I feel like people don't really care anymore, like they don't care about the Bates. There will be a few reporters but not a major group.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

A few years ago the Duggars were more in the news I think. In the period around the weddings of Jinger en Joy there was a lot of interest from the press so it made some sense to be secretive.

But at this point I feel like people don't really care anymore, like they don't care about the Bates. There will be a few reporters but not a major group.

I try not to pay attention to any of them, but do they need reporters? Don't they go to the media themselves? I mean, People magazine seems to be on the Duggar payroll with the things they post - just yesterday? they had a piece on Jill having family time or some such thing. WTF? Who cares? 

I figure they're secretive because they want to control the narrative. Can't have anyone talking about them in a way that isn't pre-approved for maximum exposure. 

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I try not to pay attention to any of them, but do they need reporters? Don't they go to the media themselves? I mean, People magazine seems to be on the Duggar payroll with the things they post - just yesterday? they had a piece on Jill having family time or some such thing. WTF? Who cares? 

I figure they're secretive because they want to control the narrative. Can't have anyone talking about them in a way that isn't pre-approved for maximum exposure. 

I don't think they need them, so it can be super annoying if there is a group showing up at a private wedding.

I remember from Jingers wedding that they had big black screens up to block the photographers from getting the scoop on the dress. So in the end it is indeed about controlling what goes to the media.

• Upvote 5

I think there is still interest in Jana Duggar, but the other kids can marry and no one will care.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I think there is still interest in Jana Dugga

I'd come to FJ to hear about Jana's future nuptials but really there is only one fundie wedding that would make me jump to attention - Sarah Maxwell. 

Edited by browngrl
  • Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic