IGNORED

[CW: Child Sex Abuse] Josh&Anna 28:Does anyone wonder how many times JB has phoned up Mike Huckabee?

HerNameIsBuffy

15 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

So they are offering to do this while she's saying she's scared of Josh because he's male?  

Husband made the decision. Don't think she had much say. 

• Upvote 12
  • Disgust 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Questions from the judge:

First call if the conditions were violated would be to the US probation office (“Not your husband, not Jim Bob Duggar, not elders in the church”)

Although this is super discouraging!! (Not because they should call someone other than the police but discouraging that it sounds  like they’re still being considered)

Edited by Giraffe
Clarifying
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Antimony said:

It's a good point -- if the parents had handled it legally to begin with, it would actually be sealed. 

The irony. If they had handled it properly it couldn’t had been leeked in 2015 and the judge couldn’t have used it as a reason to keep him in jail now. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 5

Second Defense witness

Spoiler

Defense second witness: LaCount Reaver

Has firearms in the house, but would be willing to relocate them outside the house

Willing to serve as third-party custodian along with his wife

????THAT’S IT?? Literally 3 questions

CX:

Was aware of Duggars’ charges specifically

Was not aware of all the details, such as that toddlers were involved

But does not change his opinion of being the third party custodian

Jim Bob Duggar was the one who reached out to them first

JB asked if it was something he could think about, pray about, being a part of

JB referenced Reaver’s involvement with prison ministry as making him a potentially good third-party custodian

Has known the Duggars for 6-8 years

Knew them in 2015

Didn’t know the exact details but was familiar with “some charges” related to him

Knew that the minors resided in the house where Josh resided

Was not part of the church in 2005.

No hesitation about leaving his daughter or wife alone with Josh

No implication that he would get anything in return for housing Josh

He’s a volunteer chaplain at Washington County jail but that’s been halted because of COVID-19

Not necessarily interested in offering counseling for Josh

Willing to call US Probation directly if Josh violates conditions

Has “phone internet” and “uses that for the computer.”

Says he’s a “3 or 4” on a scale of 1-10 of tech savviness

Phone is locked with a pin

Did not know Josh is tech savvy

Last time he spoke with Josh one-on-one was more than a year ago

Not sure if his wife has ever had a one-on-one conversation with Josh

“Is it common practice in your marriage that when your wife interacts with men that there should be a chaperone there?” “I think that would be best.”

Says that his wife should be around Josh with another person, not necessarily a male, could be a daughter

Is a family, they discuss things, they both prayed and decided to do it

“When a family is in need and they ask you for help, I think that’s something anyone would do”

Questions from the judge:

Willing to remove firearms if Josh is released to his custody

Will under no circumstances reveal his password to his phone or computers to Josh

“If you or your wife or your daughter observe or learn about a violation by Mr. Duggar I need to hear you say that your first call will be the US probation officer who’s supervising this case?” He says yes.

Judge: “The time for prayer, and conversations with Jim Bob, and with the elders of the church, that will happen after calling the probation office.”

Defense closes case. Closing arguments now.

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 2

2 minutes ago, SnarkyLawyer said:

FWIW: I believe the person doing the summary to be credible. Too many details and basic legal knowledge to be able to make this up.

Assuming that's true, I freaking KNEW Travis Story was going to try and bumble his way through. Also, I'm really surprised Jim Bob didn't go out of his way to find a 3rd party custodian that prosecutors wouldn't object to. In fact, I would have thought that would be at the forefront of all conversations between Defense and Prosecutor, over the last several days.

Yeah but you think if anyone finds out a 2L is transcribing a nonpublic bond hearing that she will end up graduated and barred? She must be someone's intern in the US Attorney's office.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

If you google the name "LaCount Reaver", there's not a single hit except for the Reddit thread. Who is that guy? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Nutella Ace said:

According to that Reddit poster Mr. LaCount Reaver and Ms. Maria Reaver are the proposed third party custodians... do we know anything about them?

I cannot even find an online presence of any sort!

• Upvote 5

I feel like it's a catch-22 because obviously any 3rd party guardian needs to know the details of a charge. But also, I feel like that not changing your willingness to be a guardian is a big red flag. Like I can't believe they just don't care or aren't concerned!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

1 minute ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I cannot even find an online presence of any sort!

Apparently they have "phone internet" so I don't think they are techies.

• Upvote 20
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

I feel litreally sick. There's no way Josh can get away with this, right. I hope the book is thrown at him.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, xenobia said:

If you google the name "LaCount Reaver", there's not a single hit except for the Reddit thread. Who is that guy? 

It is not LaCount Reaver. It's Reber. They own a 9 acre property in Washington County, Ark and two other properties.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 17

First, I'm sorry I posted asking if other people saw what Deanna had said without you know, saying what she had said. I was thinking a lot of us were catching up as they were fixing their story and didn't think about it. I'm still sort of surprised that she said something that strongly worded.

Second, who in the hell does JB think he is asking these people to watch his nasty kid for him? Obviously, he's probably not in the running but in no way should these people have even been on the radar to be picked, nevermind actually in the court hearing and saying they'd be good and attempting to harbor him. What the fuck?

• Upvote 10

3 minutes ago, xenobia said:

My guess is that he usually goes by his middle name. Lots of people, especially older people, have zero online presence.

• Upvote 6

I wonder if this reddit person is going to get in trouble for giving such a detailed play by play?

I hope bail is denied, and I hope the judge makes a spectacle out of doing it by saying it sounds like this Reber dude pressured his wife. 

• Upvote 13

Just got caught up here.  I'm gonna throw up.

Loved Deanna's Bible verse.

Boobchelle should be thrown in jail along with Josh for enabling the POS since 2002.

And if Josh gets acquitted I will shit a house the size of TTH.

Edited by SPHASH
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I wonder if this reddit person is going to get in trouble for giving such a detailed play by play?

I hope bail is denied, and I hope the judge makes a spectacle out of doing it by saying it sounds like this Reber dude pressured his wife. 

If this person is a law school intern with access to the hearing in context of her internship, yeah, very likely if she gets busted

The Rebers' house is 2000 sqft. Way too closed in for my tastes to share with someone like this.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

If this person is a law school intern with access to the hearing in context of her internship, yeah, very likely if she gets busted

I can't believe they didn't even use a throwaway.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Yeah, I'm a bit uncomfortable with the fact of someone publicly sharing information from a closed hearing, where accessing things like social media while in the hearing was expressly forbidden at the get go. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

4 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

The Rebers' house is 2000 sqft. Way too closed in for my tastes to share with someone like this.

The reddit law student says they worked past tense for a DA. It's common for law students to work internships over the summer but study full time in the semesters. Personally, I did summer internships on top of summer classes, but only did one internship during a semester, as a 3L. So it's entirely possible that they got the link through unrelated means.

I'm not speculating on the ethics of what they are doing, by any means, but just stating as a former law student and current attorney that it's very possible its not through any internship or anything.

Edited by OrchidBlossom
clarity
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

So Mr Reaver works outside of the home, Mrs Reaver is intimidated by men, they’re not tech savvy but have guns they initially offered to throw into a wardrobe and there are children visiting the house but that would stop. And apparently this is all out of Christian ministry - JB hasn’t offered them a house or a son to do their yard work or anything.

• Upvote 20
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I feel like it's a catch-22 because obviously any 3rd party guardian needs to know the details of a charge. But also, I feel like that not changing your willingness to be a guardian is a big red flag. Like I can't believe they just don't care or aren't concerned!

Maybe he felt like backing out was going to look bad?

Or maybe they felt like being asked was ridiculous so of course they wouldn't be allowed to house him?

"Yes, our internet is password protected! Wait, the password is on the modem? WHAT????" 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Antimony said:

This correction drastically reduces the Fictional Vampire vibes. 

Well, that sucks! LaCount Reaver is straight out of Anne Rice.

Things are loading weird and I had reload and reload to get the reference to your previous post.

• Upvote 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic