IGNORED

[CW: Child Sex Abuse] Josh&Anna 28:Does anyone wonder how many times JB has phoned up Mike Huckabee?

HerNameIsBuffy

1 minute ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Just want to thank those who are posting the reddit stuff.  I can't navigate it at all.  Either it's too old or I'm too old, I haven't decided. 

Same. I don’t know the age cut off but I’m 38 and feel too old to understand Reddit formatting.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

I turned stuff back on, subject to me changing my mind again if things slow back down. 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 9
  • Love 3

If Josh gets bailed out, he won’t be allowed to see his kids right? Not even with supervision, right?

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

Just now, Destiny said:

I turned stuff back on, subject to me changing my mind again if things slow back down. 

You're the best, as usual ❤️

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Just now, luv2laugh said:

If Josh gets bailed out, he won’t be allowed to see his kids right? Not even with supervision, right?

He will almost certainly be able to see his kids with supervision. That is basically always allowed unless parental rights are terminated

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1

I'm sure he will somehow if he is. 

• Upvote 4

Unclear but I find it unlikely that he won’t be able to see his own kids with supervision at least. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Quite possible- I also think most of their friends would have children or grandchildren and would tell JB to get fucked.

It seem utterly ridiculous to me that a man who is accused of exploitative behaviour would be placed in the custody of someone who admits she is submissive to men. If he says he’s going out, meeting his wife or using her iPhone, what’s she going to do other than phone her husband?

This! Josh is not going to respect her authority over him. I wish someone had explained the patriarchy to the prosecutor!

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, Jess said:

No, I don’t believe there would be a reason to keep it closed. However, she shouldn’t be posting because the judge said not to. Based on what I have read I think she is just figuring reddit is not social media and it will be fine. I am sure if the judge finds out she did it and who she is they will not be amused. She will likely be talked to and the law school may talk to her as well. I don’t think they would do anything formally. If they complained formally it could in theory be used to delay her admission to the bar (I mean probably not because judges understand law students are people). I don’t think it would warrant preventing her from eventually be admitted.

Ah - I thought it was a closed hearing. Then someone said above that the news was in the hearing. That's why I figured the redditor was being sneaky and little unethical. If it is public and she just got in, then it's likely no big deal.

I read it was closed and figured the judge might have ordered it closed due to the "fame" of the players.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, J'Lurker said:

The sun says Deanna said "She shared a quote that read: "Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were put around his neck and he were thrown into the sea."" and captioned it "This is what my Bible says!!!"

I don't understand this.  The children did not sin. And weren't necessarily believers. I get that this is meant to be comforting,  but to a non-evangelical like me, it's just wtf.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

So we’re just waiting for the judge to return with her decision re: bail... correct?  

I really, really hope he isn’t released. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

Unclear but I find it unlikely that he won’t be able to see his own kids with supervision at least. 

True, I just saw see his kids. Ugh, if I were Anna he would NOT see them ever again. 

1 minute ago, VanillaBean said:

I don't understand this.  The children did not sin. And weren't necessarily believers. I get that this is meant to be comforting,  but to a non-evangelical like me, it's just wtf.

I seem to remember reading it as leading the child astray as in harming the child. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

I believe the hearing was public and anyone who wanted access to the zoom could get the link if they requested far enough in advance.

Also the law student was only updating during recesses, based on the comments. They weren't posting while court was actually in session.

• Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I seem to remember reading it as leading the child astray as in harming the child. 

I remembered stumble...

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, VanillaBean said:

For some  context, the kids in the story are curious about Jesus/want to hear what he's saying (imagine kids crowding around a street performer) and the adults in the area push them to the back of the crowd. Jesus is basically saying you're a jerk if you punish kids for being kids.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Josh is asked how he's doing and he says “Sitting on a metal stool, Your Honor.”

Yeah, probably not the wisest complaint to make right about now.

• Upvote 15
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 12
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, viii said:

If Anna doesn't divorce him, then I just can't defend her anymore. I can sympathize with a lot when it comes to childhood trauma that lingers with you as an adult, but her husband was actively searching for CP that is the SAME AGE AS HIS OWN CHILDREN. If she doesn't flee now and protect them... fuck her. She doesn't deserve to raise those babies. 

one article states that she knew about his addiction because it was a special type of program that sent reports to her 

I MEAN she is just as culpable 

It's disgusting

I can't even 

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 5
  • WTF 1

Just now, JenniferJuniper said:

Josh is asked how he's doing and he says “Sitting on a metal stool, Your Honor.”

Yeah, probably not the wisest complaint to make right about now.

I hate how fucking cocky he still is. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 22

Just now, blackkatya said:

I hate how fucking cocky he still is. 

That judge should tell him to wash that smug look off his face. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 4

1 minute ago, nst said:

one article states that she knew about his addiction because it was a special type of program that sent reports to her 

It's disgusting

I can't even 

He partitioned his hard drive so that he could get stuff without being discovered by the monitoring program.

• Upvote 20
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Just now, nst said:

It's disgusting

I can't even 

Just to be clear, if the source on the zoom is accurate, and I believe so based on various reasons, this is completely inaccurate. There would have been no way for the guardian program whose name I have forgotten to send her any sort of reports. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

Just now, Destiny said:

Just to be clear, if the source on the zoom is accurate, and I believe so based on various reasons, this is completely inaccurate. There would have been no way for the guardian program whose name I have forgotten to send her any sort of reports. 

well that's good to know...

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

RE: The reddit AMA. I'm guessing 100% totally fake. There's a person that did an AMA over there over a year ago and they treat her like the holy grail, but literally every bit of information she had can be found on FJ. The guy that did the AMA said she was legit. She's not. There's no way. She was also completely off on a lot of information (e.g. she said Michaela Bates Keilen is happy to be infertile) and so... 

Do you mean the law student or the friend of Josh? Because Josh's  friend only said Alice was legit (and Alice was. Shes the one who mentioned the molestation years before it was public knowledge. I'm inclined to believe him because he's doing a podcast now reading his old journals. So he's  either REALLY committed or legit. I don't know about the law student but what she says matches the Sun so ? 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

True, I just saw see his kids. Ugh, if I were Anna he would NOT see them ever again. 

The actual Greek term used in Mark is skandalizo. It can also mean to lead someone astray and cause harm.  Jesus is saying if you’re harming children, leading them astray or causing them to sin somehow, you might as well hang a heavy stone around your neck and drown yourself. Basically, it’s better for you to be dead than to be harming children. 

I had a theology professor say that Jesus made very few violent statements, and would have been against the death penalty in modern times, but wasn’t playing around with child abusers. If you’re going to abuse children, death is the most merciful thing for everyone.

Edited by sableduck
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic