Jump to content
IGNORED

William & Kate


viii
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, viii said:

@just_ordinary I don't think the colours themselves that are safe, just more the styles. Like the cut of the dress she wore at Pippa's wedding is ghastly. It belongs on a 74 year old woman. 

I actually don’t think it’s that bad ? The skirt sits a bit unfortunate. If it was cut more fitting it would have been nice. I am extremely happy she wasn’t buttoned up till her chin for once. There was a time she couldn’t get any more closer up. The horrible blue with the white colour for Charles 70s birthday portraits? That’s definitely a style my 80 year old grandmother might still consider for herself. You can get away with that if you are in your early twenties but otherwise it makes you look very old.

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

His arm is a little more muscular than I thought it would be. I don't think he's that sporty anymore, but he clearly works out his arms. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

COVID has interrupted most of his polo, soccer and other outdoor gatherings. The Wales family starting with Charles  has always been into healthy living and eating habits. While Andrew just looks  dissipated  from years luxurious living . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2021 at 8:48 PM, DalmatianCat said:

Kate dressed much more stylishly years ago. I wonder what happened. Now it’s much more hit-or-miss. I was excited to see what she would wear to her sister and Meghan’s weddings, but Meghan’s was meh and Philippa’s looked grandmotherly. Then for Archie’s christening she suddenly looked like she’d found her style sense again. 

Motherhood can affect your sense of style even if you are not royal.  I always thought that having kids split my fashion/shopping energy between me and the kids.  If they looked cute, it was less important for me to feel stylish. 

On 5/3/2021 at 8:48 PM, DalmatianCat said:
Edited by EmCatlyn
Accidentally posted same text twice.
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember an article saying that Harry had hit the gymn to keep up with Meghan (smart man) and Kate has always looked like she has decent muscle tone when she's in shorts and T-shirts for sailing (as able demonstrated by her ability to deadlift her hefty toddlers while in skyscraper heels). 

Maybe William's just keeping up with the clan! 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2021 at 10:33 PM, EmCatlyn said:

Motherhood can affect your sense of style even if you are not royal.  I always thought that having kids split my fashion/shopping energy between me and the kids.  If they looked cute, it was less important for me to feel stylish. 

I don’t know. It’s not as if she goes shopping by herself. And she definitely maintained the same physique in general, which is undoubtedly a lot of work. She also has been through numerous trends in the last couple of years. Kate has the rare ability to look extremely elegant but youthful in very classic pieces. But whenever she delves too much into more fashion forward styles she looks frumpy and old. It’s astonishing. I think (often very mean) headlines about her style in the beginning got to her. I just wish she would hire a stylist full time. If the person keeps her from buying a piece in every colour they have earned the salary pretty quickly. Incorporating current trends doesn’t come easy for most. And I think Kate doesn’t have the best eye for fashion in general. She dressed very mainstream before her marriage- but as I sad: she looks fantastic in mainstream. She can pull it off amazingly and I believe that is what makes people envy her. She isn’t the best dressed or most beautiful women out there, but in a group of mainstream women she definitely shines. Does that make sense? A stylist would be a reasonable choice. 

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

I don’t know. It’s not as if she goes shopping by herself. And she definitely maintained the same physique in general, which is undoubtedly a lot of work. She also has been through numerous trends in the last couple of years. Kate has the rare ability to look extremely elegant but youthful in very classic pieces. But whenever she delves too much into more fashion forward styles she looks frumpy and old. It’s astonishing. I think (often very mean) headlines about her style in the beginning got to her. I just wish she would hire a stylist full time. If the person keeps her from buying a piece in every colour they have earned the salary pretty quickly. Incorporating current trends doesn’t come easy for most. And I think Kate doesn’t have the best eye for fashion in general. She dressed very mainstream before her marriage- but as I sad: she looks fantastic in mainstream. She can pull it off amazingly and I believe that is what makes people envy her. She isn’t the best dressed or most beautiful women out there, but in a group of mainstream women she definitely shines. Does that make sense? A stylist would be a reasonable choice. 

I haven’t followed her fashion style much.  What I meant was that she may not be as interested in style now as she was before.  I think classic “mainstream” suits her, though.   You may be right that a stylist would help her, assuming her goal is to be known for her fashion style.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Just had to laugh at this headline: Kate Middleton will be dropping her Duchess of Cambridge title in the near future.

As anyone could guess, what the article is about is that when William becomes Prince of Wales, Kate will become Prince of Wales. (So “the near future” refers to when the Queen dies and Charles becomes king. The Queen mum lived to 101, and the Queen is “only” 95, so maybe not so near future?)

Anyway, the best laugh was the final sentence “The royal family has not yet responded.”

What are they supposed to respond to? 
 

(I think Marie Claire is a joke usually, but they are outdoing themselves with this “non-news.”)

  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does William speak Welsh?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Does William speak Welsh?

There’s video of both him and Catherine speaking Welsh in public. They are kind of old, so he many speak more now. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2021 at 3:27 PM, EmCatlyn said:

Just had to laugh at this headline: Kate Middleton will be dropping her Duchess of Cambridge title in the near future.

As anyone could guess, what the article is about is that when William becomes Prince of Wales, Kate will become Prince of Wales. (So “the near future” refers to when the Queen dies and Charles becomes king. The Queen mum lived to 101, and the Queen is “only” 95, so maybe not so near future?)

Anyway, the best laugh was the final sentence “The royal family has not yet responded.”

What are they supposed to respond to? 
 

(I think Marie Claire is a joke usually, but they are outdoing themselves with this “non-news.”)

I see these baity articles all the time, usually on the Snapchat 'Discover Stories' and it drives me nuts. Anyone with a brain would understand these types of things but they're always trying to get that click bait. 

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Duchess of Cambridge sets up early childhood research unit and believes issue is 'social equivalent to climate change'"

https://news.sky.com/story/duchess-of-cambridge-sets-up-early-childhood-research-unit-and-believes-issue-is-social-equivalent-to-climate-change-12335562

This is a pretty big thing to be setting up "The Royal Foundation Centre for Early Childhood will be based on research showing the first five years of childhood fundamentally shape adulthood, and challenges adults face such as addiction, violence, family breakdown and mental health have their roots in the earliest years of life."  Quotes from the article.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good for Kate. She was useless for so many years but motherhood has clearly been good for her. She seems more engaged and comfortable with her role as future Queen consort and seems to thrive on working with children. It’s a good fit for her. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2021 at 7:47 PM, viii said:

Good for Kate. She was useless for so many years but motherhood has clearly been good for her. She seems more engaged and comfortable with her role as future Queen consort and seems to thrive on working with children. It’s a good fit for her. 

Kate was useless for many years? What an odd thing to say when she was being a mother to her children during those all important first years. Useless indeed!!

  • Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe she meant all those years after college and before her marriage being At Williams beck and call and having hobby jobs here and there. If She was living the life she enjoyed being a young socialite and not hurting anyone I don’t see why people need to put her down though. Not everyone absolutely has to be ambitious or career driven.

Edited by tabitha2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was referring to the years before their marriage. They dated for roughly ten years and she did very little, but I can't imagine what her life was like and how difficult it must have been. Holding down a traditional job would have been super difficult, the media was ruthless towards her in those years. So perhaps useless was a little harsh but I think it's fair to say she did very little while she dated William and waited around for her ring. 

Kate will make a great queen consort. She thrives in motherhood and has seemed to find her calling working with the early years programs. She balances William without overshadowing him. She gives the average person very little to complain about but neither her nor William do enough engagements to justify their living costs, imo. They're just not super ambitious, which is fine - not everyone is, but when you're supported by taxpayers, you should be pulling your weight. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

What do you all think of the new animated satire The Prince?

Quote

The series — which was first announced in January 2020 — was inspired by Gary Janetti's satirical take on Prince George, which made the Family Guy writer go viral on Instagram. In it, George (voiced by Janetti himself) is entitled, out of touch and sassy, Queen Elizabeth is a foul-mouthed, gun-toting family tyrant, Prince Charlesis simperingly desperate to be king, and Prince Harry is an out-of-touch galoot who has no clue how to navigate everyday life outside palace walls. People Magazine 7/30/21

The big debate, of course, is whether it is all right to present a child satirically in this fashion, even if he is third in line to the throne.  Any thoughts?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

What do you all think of the new animated satire The Prince?

The big debate, of course, is whether it is all right to present a child satirically in this fashion, even if he is third in line to the throne.  Any thoughts?

Kids should be off limits. 

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Kids should be off limits. 

Yeah, that is my thought also.  Imagine the kids getting teased by their classmates because of some “satirical” representation of them in this show.  Hopefully it will not be very popular in GB.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gary Janetti has been gross for years. He’s finally gone back and deleted all his racist remarks about Meghan. 

It also annoys me that Sophie Turner participates in this when she advocates so heavily for her child’s privacy. Every child, including Prince George, deserves privacy. 

  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, viii said:

Gary Janetti has been gross for years. He’s finally gone back and deleted all his racist remarks about Meghan. 

It also annoys me that Sophie Turner participates in this when she advocates so heavily for her child’s privacy. Every child, including Prince George, deserves privacy. 

A regular feature of his Prince George IG stuff body shamed Charlotte. As a toddler.  That was so sick. I assume that will eventually make its way into the show. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's really gross and I was surprised to see that Orlando Bloom was in it after Harry referenced being best buds with him in an interview. I can't imagine this wouldn't have come up as Orlando's playing Harry himself...so is Harry fine with his 8-year-old nephew being the centre of a cartoon show without his family's permission? 

And Sophie's career has not done well at all since GOT, but that's really no excuse. After her complaints over her child's privacy being infringed, it's really not a good look. 

 

 

  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share




  • Recent Status Updates

    • feministxtian

      feministxtian

      Ever been mansplained and it pissed you off so bad that you just want to bitchslap any poor man who might cross your path? 
      · 0 replies
    • Destiny

      Destiny

      I'm not able to update the logos to the fall ones today -- there's a bug that is solved in a recent update version to fix it, but I don't have the time to do that until next week. Until then, we are still living in an endless summer friends! 
      · 0 replies
    • feministxtian

      feministxtian

      Today is a "I ain't wearing pants" day. Yesterday was pretty shitty so today I'm doing as little as I can get away with. 
      · 0 replies
    • WannabeHistorian

      WannabeHistorian

      Second Covid vax is currently kicking my butt. Fever, chills, body aches, exhaustion, etc. 
      Miserable, but so so grateful to be vaccinated. Sure as hell beats actual Covid.
      · 3 replies
    • Bluebirdbluebell

      Bluebirdbluebell

      So very sad about Willie Garson. RIP
      · 0 replies
    • Chocolate Lover

      Chocolate Lover

      Started prednisolone tablets today because the asthma inhaler isn't enough. Now I have a sore throat and feel like I have a cold coming.  Need the tablets because breathing isn't an optional body function.  Really don't need the tablets if I have an infection brewing.   
      · 0 replies
    • Cartmann99

      Cartmann99

      My husband commented this morning about how nice the weather is after a cold front moved in last night. Before I could stop him, he asked out loud if I thought this meant an early fall for us.
      That's like when you live up north and start talking about an early spring...
      Be careful, the weather gods are always listening.
      · 3 replies
    • PinkGreyBrown

      PinkGreyBrown

      Grew up fundie-adjacent. My mother called herself a recovering fu**tamendalist, & she was not given to swearing. Thankfully she raised me as free of religious weirdness as she was capable. Her mother is all the regressive things -- racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, anti-semitic, ableist, fundamentalist Protestant nonsense, all of it, & longing for a golden past that never existed.
      I'm an atheist with a bit of an obsession about fundies, particularly of the Christian varieties cuz that's what I'm surrounded by. I've been reading this forum for well over a decade now & finally decided to make an account.
      Thanks for having me here.
      · 1 reply
    • treehugger

      treehugger

      TW stillbirth: 
       
      · 5 replies
    • Hazelbunny

      Hazelbunny

      The old Bunny has a broken left front leg. He tried to escape from his cage over the top and fell awkwardly. He is now on "Cage-rest" and Painmeds.  Life is slowly but surely starting to suck again... 
      · 2 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.