IGNORED

William & Kate

viii

I can agree with that. I like the outfits themselves (just like I didn't mind Kate's memorial outfit) but it's often right outfit, wrong place/time. 

The green strapless ruffled dress that Kate wore in the Caribbean was so bad that even my husband noticed. She was glaring like she was thinking “I’m gonna kill my dresser for this.”

Spoiler

77268829-CA73-4A48-823F-4AA3170D320F.thumb.jpeg.d45c5a9a33d17cec047ef49532eacca8.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I actually love the dress, but not on a 40 year old future queen for an official occasion.  It does fit though.  

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

When I was a high school senior, back during the last Ice Age, our Senior Pictures for the yearbook were made with a white version of Kate's ruffly neckline in that green dress.  I hadn't seen one of those in a lot of years.

• Upvote 1

Meghan has worn some great outfits and some very weird ones. As has Kate. If they dress in a certain style that flatters them and fits the narrative both build for their role it looks fantastic. When they leave this part they both have a tendency to go spectacularly wrong. 
Both have very different body types, so only a few cuts would look good on both of them. Why they insist on following trends that make them look bad is beyond me though. That’s the opposite of style and the definition of blindly following trends. So I rather see someone shine in a not exactly fashion forward style but looking their very best, than looking bad and slightly ridiculous while embracing the newest trend.

I don’t think they employ a stylist continuously but rather for certain big occasions. They also don’t seem to get things tailored all the time but it’s hard to say. If the overall cut is unflattering, it’s sometimes hard to see if the fit is well.
Kate’s vintage outfits were an interesting choice (not always good though), especially as she went on with it at home. Will this be her next wardrobe overhaul or just a short phase? I really wish she would finally settle on a flattering style professionally (she seems to embrace the very ordinary millennial UK style in private that lots of people her age wear on her street).

• 1 month later...

Credit where credit is due…Kate looked amazing at the “Top Gun” premiere! Loved the dress, the hair (I was impressed she was rocking the center part and sleek hair look instead of going for one of her up-dos), the accessories. She looked glamorous and up-to-date. Nothing really trend-setting, but definitely on point for the evening.

Edited by DalmatianCat
Typo
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, DalmatianCat said:

Credit where credit is due…Kate looked amazing at the “Top Gun” premiere! Loved the dress, the hair (I was impressed she was rocking the center part and sleek hair look instead of going for one of her up-dos), the accessories. She looked glamorous and up-to-date. Nothing really trend-setting, but definitely on point for the evening.

And did you notice William‘s fighter jet shoes? 🤭😎

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

And did you notice William‘s fighter jet shoes? 🤭😎

I did! For him that seemed like a really bold move 😂

Also…Tom Cruise is looking old!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

She looked amazing. The only thing I would have changed is instead of a sleek down hair style, I would have had a sleek ponytail. 

• I Agree 1

On 5/20/2022 at 6:21 AM, DalmatianCat said:

Those earrings were amazing and I agree she did look up-to-date.

• Upvote 1

And the kids for the win to scoop all the adults.  Who are H&M anyway? 

"Prince George and Princess Charlotte Join Royal Family for Platinum Jubilee Concert at the Palace" I think they were in Wales today too. No Louis, maybe his antics at the Trooping the Color were enough. :pb_lol: (Seriously,  I know he's too young).

https://people.com/royals/queen-elizabeth-platinum-party-buckingham-palace/

• Upvote 3

My cynical self knows it's PR but my parent self lives that K is teaching her kids to cook. I use mixes so I'm impressed. 

https://people.com/royals/prince-george-princess-charlotte-and-prince-louis-kate-middleton-bake-platinum-jubilee/

Can I just add that I dislike the use of Middleton and Markle when describing both Kate and Meghan in headlines. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

I notice Charlotte has been wearing patriotic colours. For Trooping the Colour she wore a blue dress, then for the concert she wore a red dress, and today she wore a white coat. I bet that was deliberate!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

I notice Charlotte has been wearing patriotic colours. For Trooping the Colour she wore a blue dress, then for the concert she wore a red dress, and today she wore a white coat. I bet that was deliberate!

Of course it was. William and Kate are extremely calculated when it comes to their children. 

• Confused 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Can I just add that I dislike the use of Middleton and Markle when describing both Kate and Meghan in headlines. 

Thank you. It bothers me so much.

Edited by prayawaythefundie

3 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

I wonder why…Diana wasn’t constantly referred to as Diana Spencer after she married.

The Duchess of York is still mentioned as Sarah Ferguson or Fergie pretty regularly.

Without looking it up I can’t remember Sophie’s maiden name. I think she’s generally referred to as “Sophie, Countess of Wessex” in the press.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, viii said:

Of course it was. William and Kate are extremely calculated when it comes to their children. 

No. Kate has, however, followed the Queen's example of diplomatic dressing and is likely using this event to teach Charlotte the same. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

It would have been. The Royal Family have always chosen their clothes carefully for public events, and have used diplomatic dressing (eg wearing the colours of the country's flag or an emblem from the flag, or having clothes designed by a designer from that country) both subtly and more overtly.

Edited by rosamundi
  • Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

I wonder why…Diana wasn’t constantly referred to as Diana Spencer after she married.

She was still called Lady Di in a number of media outlets although they alternated that with Princess Di.

Re: the children. Prince Louis seems to have learned a few rude gestures from someone:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

No. Kate has, however, followed the Queen's example of diplomatic dressing and is likely using this event to teach Charlotte the same. 

It’s all calculation. It’s not an insult. It’s the same way Kate is always careful to wear the colours of the flag of whatever country she’s visiting. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Upvote 6

Modern Royalty is a public relations game and carefully planned  photos of a couple of cute adoring Kids and beautiful adoring mom does more to keep the monarchy reigning than all the ancient ceremony, jewels and lux gowns  in the world. Diana played the game expertly and one of her sons does to.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Modern Royalty is a public relations game and carefully planned  photos of a couple of cute adoring Kids and beautiful adoring mom does more to keep the monarchy reigning than all the ancient ceremony, jewels and lux gowns  in the world. Diana played the game expertly and one of her sons does to.

One of the few times I’ll agree with you. I won’t call the kids props because I do think Will and Kate seem like good parents, but I definitely do think they (the Firm, really) understands the game and we will see the kids brought out when morale is low. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

In this internet day and age, a lot of it is due to search engine optimization. More people will know Megan Markle and Kate Middleton than the Duchesses of Sussex/Cambridge, so websites want to make sure that they appear when people search for those maiden names. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic