IGNORED

William & Kate

viii

49 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Personally, I doubt Kate‘s sister would have named her daughter Rose if there was anything to it.

I mean, Anna Duggar named her daughter Madyson…

Either way, I am here for #PrinceofPegging. What a great day. 😂 Who got to be the lucky aide that explained that term to the Queen?!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, viii said:

Either way, I am here for #PrinceofPegging. What a great day. 😂 Who got to be the lucky aide that explained that term to the Queen?!

Notgoingtoasknotgoingtoasknotgoingtoasknotgoingtoask...

(I don't get out much, obviously!)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

50 minutes ago, viii said:

I tend to give the Middleton sisters slightly more credit than Anna Duggar but I‘m partisan. 😉

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

I could not possibly care less about the Prince's proclivities one way or the other if accurate, but this made me genuinely laugh out loud.

Apparently google searches for pegging are up several hundred percent.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, viii said:

It's the capital of China I think...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

35 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I could not possibly care less about the Prince's proclivities one way or the other if accurate, but this made me genuinely laugh out loud.

Apparently google searches for pegging are up several hundred percent.

I promise I did NOT contribute to that surge!🤣

22 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

It's the capital of China I think...

Comments like this are what make me love FJ. ❤️ 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

Man this thread is way more interesting than I thought it would be. I’m so glad I clicked on it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

On 6/24/2022 at 8:48 PM, Jackie3 said:

Bill and Melinda earned their money. I'm not saying they always did the right thing, but they earned their money through hard work. William and Kate did not earn their vast wealth. They rely on government handouts.

That's why Bill and Melinda can flaunt their wealth and no one bats an eye. It's their wealthy, and they can do what they want with it. 

Wills and Kate, however, must scramble to please the public.  If they piss off the public, those handouts might shrivel up or even go away. They'd still be wealthy, of course, from all the handouts in the past, but I guess they want a steady stream of more millions each year.

Bill Gates started with a huge trust fund to cushion him and Melinda married her money.

• Upvote 9

I don’t really know how to say this, but billionaires and most millionaires absolutely live off the government’s dime.  It’s called corporate welfare for a reason, and they all use it.  No one knows better how to use the system than the people who made it.  
Also, while I’m at it, no one earns millions of dollars.  Does anyone honestly believe that the people who make millions work exponentially harder than everyone else to make exponentially more?  They don’t.  It is my experience that the more a person makes the less they actually have to work for it.  And if you start out with money, very minimal work is required to make a lot more money.

Can we please stop with the whole, but the wealthy millionaires worked so hard for their money, bull?  The hardest workers I know are the ones working two minimum wage jobs.  I don’t know of any millionaires who work harder than that.  

Edited by treehugger
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Bill Gates started with a huge trust fund to cushion him and Melinda married her money.

He still earned his money. 

• Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 2

3 hours ago, treehugger said:

Does anyone honestly believe that the people who make millions work exponentially harder than everyone else to make exponentially more?

There's no rule that says you get paid based on your effort.  

Look at Kate Middleton. No work, vast wealth. Her situation is far more egregious than the worst CEO salary. But you can also look at NBA players. The less successful players probably work about roughly the same as the big earners. There's no connection!

Other wealthy people usually have brought something to the table in order to get their money.  Athletic talent,  connections, intelligence, social skills, good looks--all these can make you a lot of money.  Occasionally,, there are people lucky enough to get an inheritance or win a lottery. But those "wins" can come with strings, too, so it's not always as great as it seems.

OTOH, to create a business like Amazon you have to work hard for many years. I don't like Jeff Bezos, and I may be jealous of his wealth, but I have no doubt he earned it. You don't go from nothing to something in 20 years without hard work. Hopefully he enjoys it, because he probably dedicated the last 25 years to building Amazon. He did pay a price though. I doubt he saw much of his kids as they were growing up.

• Move Along 4

Now I‘m curious about how winning the lottery has more strings attached than marrying into the royal family. 

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

Because 2nd cousins with sob stories suddenly come out of the wood work and you tend to get paranoid concerning new friends and partners… is it you or the money they are attracted to? Plus hundreds of good causes need help. You love animals but does the underfunded Cat Rescue or the Home  for elderly dogs with the bad roof get your donation? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Because 2nd cousins with sob stories suddenly come out of the wood work and you tend to get paranoid concerning new friends 

Ok but wouldn‘t they want to benefit from new connections to royalty as well?

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 4

I think the whole gossip and people feeling the need to judge it says more about them than about PW. He could prefer to wear a cat costume and role in custard, I really don’t care. Whoever thinks is ok to put something like that on the internet about others and with the obvious intent to shame on top should have a long hard think when they look into the mirror.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates and almost all business billionaires and millionaires do not earn or deserve their money because of their effort and hard work.  They worked yes, so does like, everyone.  But they amassed their wealth on the backs of their employees.  Everyone who makes that kind of money in business has used and exploited resources and people to get there. Amazon also heavily benefits from corporate welfare.  So does Walmart.  Taxpayers subsidize their employees for them so they away with paying actual workers shit, while making millions a day and paying less in taxes than the average person. 
I’m sorry all the rest of you, I promise I’ll let it go now.  Just wanted to make it crystal clear that there is this idea that some people work hard for their excessive wealth while others do nothing for it, and I would argue that when we are talking wealth of millions and millions, no one actually works hard enough for that, and to argue that someone has worked so hard to make it and therefore that makes them better than their peers is ludicrous.

Edited by treehugger
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 8

20 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Because 2nd cousins with sob stories suddenly come out of the wood work and you tend to get paranoid concerning new friends and partners… is it you or the money they are attracted to? Plus hundreds of good causes need help. You love animals but does the underfunded Cat Rescue or the Home  for elderly dogs with the bad roof get your donation? 

Exactly. There are stories of lottery-winners who lost it all in a few years, because they couldn't handle these pressures. Or who had families members get angry and estrange themselves, because they couldn't get the loans they wanted.

13 hours ago, treehugger said:

They worked yes, so does like, everyone.

They don't work like I do. They don't work 9-5. They work WAY more. There's no way you can build a business like Amazon by working a 40-hour week.

• Move Along 2
  • Fuck You 1

On 7/28/2022 at 4:29 PM, treehugger said:

Can we please stop with the whole, but the wealthy millionaires worked so hard for their money, bull?  The hardest workers I know are the ones working two minimum wage jobs.  I don’t know of any millionaires who work harder than that.  

I guess you don't know many millionaires who've built a successful business. You don't clock in and out. 

People like Jeff and Bill spent the early years scrounging for money, flying to meet VC, revising business plans, flattering angel investors. Later on, they are negotiating leases, scouting manufacturers, and hiring, hiring, hiring. Once the business becomes successful, a CEO/founder is constantly flying from one warehouse to another, going to meeting after meeting, appeasing shareholders, consulting with attorneys. . . all endless boring tasks that take huge amounts of time. He isn't clocking out at 5, I can assure you.

You can say a lot about these guys, but they're not lazy. They clock many more hours than the average 9-5 worker. Hell, they clock more hours than TWO 9-5 workers. As I said, they make a lot of sacrifices to do so. I'm sure they miss a lot of their kids' events.

I have a theory that only certain types of people--the ones willing to choose business over family--are the ones who build huge international businesses. They tend to have certain negative qualities, or why would they make such a choice? But they do work hard. 

Billionaires may be bad guys for many reasons, but they aren't bad guys because they're lazy. 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

I guess you don't know many millionaires who've built a successful business. You don't clock in and out. 

Darling, I know several successful millionaires. 

What I do know is you know fuck-all about how hard millionaires actually work.  But that's ok. You keep eating up the stories capitalist oligarchs tell you so you can work harder to line their pockets.  

I never said they were lazy, I said they don't work harder than a lot of people.    They definitely can't work 100x more hours than their employees, even though they make far, far more than that.  

You know who else misses a lot of their kids events?  Minimum wage workers.  You know who doesn't work 9-5?  Shift workers.  You know who I don't feel even the slightest bit sorry for?  Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates... you know.  

Edited by treehugger
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 6

I lied.  I said I was going to let it go, and I didn't.  Like a dog to it's own vomit, I swear.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • Love 4

6 minutes ago, treehugger said:

I lied.  I said I was going to let it go, and I didn't.  Like a dog to it's own vomit, I swear.

Yes, it's very hard not to respond to the twisting of words and outright misrepresentation of what one says.  I've managed so far today.  

For my reward I get to post a new troll meme:

image.png.8800830a1ccc2f4f77f0ba18d0fcf5ec.png

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 12

3 hours ago, treehugger said:

I never said they were lazy, I said they don't work harder than a lot of people.    They definitely can't work 100x more hours than their employees, even though they make far, far more than that.  

Most likely, they worked smarter than those employees. You rarely get rich working for someone else! 

Bill and Jeff don't care whether we "feel sorry" for them or not. They are laughing all the way to the bank. No one is helped (or harmed) by your anger at people who dared to be smart enough to become billionaires. It may make you feel righteous, but it doesn't help those downtrodden shift workers you care so much about.

For the most part, these billionaires don't seem to be good family men/women.  OTOH, they created businesses which employee people. This country needs jobs, and they created them. I don't believe anyone is forced to work there (correct me if I'm wrong). If they don't like the working conditions, they should get another job. Or start their own business. 

I have friends who work for Amazon earning extraordinarily large salaries. I understand working in their warehouses suck. But no one is forcing them to work there. 

I actually love Amazon and use them all the time. I remember the days of searching through bookstores. Buying on Amazon is great! So easy! I know several people who earn a living as Amazon sellers. Thank you, Jeff!

I also appreciate computers, and so do you, since you are on one right now! You can thank Bill Gates and Steve Jobs for that!

Bill Gates has done a huge amount of good with his money (he's helped a relative through college with his generous scholarships). I gotta admire his philanthropy. But it's not just that. I admire the hard work and intelligence that put him in the position of having lots of money to begin with. 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 3
  • Fuck You 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Oh wow, when did @Jackie3 go from being the avenger of the starving royal servants and the working class to the defender of the billionaire employers, telling us that noone is forced to work for someone if they don‘t like the conditions? I didn‘t see that coming.

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 4

It is nice to know no one needs to work crap jobs isn’t it?  I guess we are all done hearing about that poor abused women at the castle then.  She no longer fits in the narrative.  
Honestly, what a tiring, disingenuous person this troll is. It’s not unlike arguing with my anti-mandate, anti-vac uncle.  An expert in all sorts of things he knows nothing about and the constant sound of goalposts moving. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic