IGNORED

William & Kate

viii

Speaking of which, I have used the ignore function for the first time in my life.  Because I have no self-control apparently.   

Spoiler

after all, someone is wrong on the internet!!!!!111!!!!!!eleventy!!!!!111

Edited by treehugger
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

I think Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates should buy the royal castles and make them a franchise. Afterwards, if there's some underpaid and overworked castle aide working for rich bastards in Buckingham Prime or Windows Castle we can tell them their bosses earned their right to run soulless conglomerates and no one forced them to get a job there.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9

12 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I guess you don't know many millionaires who've built a successful business. You don't clock in and out. 

People like Jeff and Bill spent the early years scrounging for money, flying to meet VC, revising business plans, flattering angel investors.

Flying around to kiss ass is hard work when billionaires do it and shameless lounging when the Cambridges do it.

• Upvote 17

Wonder this troll might be Harry. They certainly are angry, jealous and not very bright. And stuck up Meghan’s Ass of course. 

• Haha 9

On 7/30/2022 at 6:31 AM, treehugger said:

Speaking of which, I have used the ignore function for the first time in my life.   

It's a beautiful thing. I started using it when the troll was in the Bates forum. 

• Upvote 1

William came alone and Germany lost - not what I had hoped for. 🙁

The Cambridges posted a very cute daddy & daughter video though.

Congrats to the Lionesses!

• Upvote 3

I am Sure Charlotte is celebrating wildly at home. Betcha she is gonna be sporty athletic girl like her great Aunt and eldest first Cousin :) 

On 7/30/2022 at 7:21 AM, AmazonGrace said:

Buckingham Prime or Windows Castle

I'm laughing but I’m half-expecting it, too.  

• I Agree 1

48 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

So cute to see her expressions. Here's the People article. 

https://people.com/royals/princess-charlotte-joins-kate-middleton-and-prince-william-at-the-commonwealth-games/

• Upvote 2

When Victoria came to the throne after the Disgusting lascivious Hanoverians she started the BRF selling the Ideal family image, Patriotic steady and moral with all her might but unfortunately as we have seen all the warring, scandalous, unsavory and gross stuff is always bubbling up or trying to.  I hope the Happy Cambridges are the real deal not just PR and they can raise different kind of future Royal  Family but it’s just to early to tell.  

• Upvote 4

I think it’s a mix of both. I do think a lot of their actions are PR related but I do think there is a genuine familiarity in their relationship. 

• Upvote 4

I find it interesting that a woman of 40 would start crying when she couldn't control a wedding. Why didn't she just pull her kid if it mattered that much to her?

And the ugly way she used her own little girl as a tool to put the blame on the bride. Who uses their kid like that?

When they talk about abusing children, the British press look right past Andrew and settle on Meghan. Pedophilia--well, boys will be boys. Choosing your bridesmaids' clothes--what an evil witch!

I actually think that Kate is jealous. They're roughly the same age. Kate has done nothing but get married and have children. Meghan was a success (and a multi-millionaire!) long before Harry came along.

Meghan didn't need her prince, but Kate definitely needed hers--otherwise she'd have accomplished nothing at all in her life.

• Downvote 6
  • Eyeroll 3

I just wanted to say something about the multimillionaire thing. 

I'm not trying to diminish Meghan's job, she surely was wealthier than average before meeting Harry but I highly doubt she was super wealthy. 

I don't doubt she earned millions, the fact is they probably didn't stay on her bank account for long. 

I once saw a video about Adelaide Kane, the protagonist of Reign (which, based on my perception as an Italian was slightly more successful than suits, please correct me with data if you have them). 

She said that she indeed earned millions but between taxes, the percentage that went to her agent, having to pay for communication, make up artists and stylists for events plus the simple cost of living, the actual money she could count on were far less than the numbers that were found on sites. She still lived super comfortably and was able to live a mildly luxurious life but still, way less money. And Adelaide was the protagonist, the face on every poster, the character the series could not live without.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 7

On 8/3/2022 at 2:29 PM, tabitha2 said:

When Victoria came to the throne after the Disgusting lascivious Hanoverians she started the BRF selling the Ideal family image, Patriotic steady and moral with all her might but unfortunately as we have seen all the warring, scandalous, unsavory and gross stuff is always bubbling up or trying to.  I hope the Happy Cambridges are the real deal not just PR and they can raise different kind of future Royal  Family but it’s just to early to tell.  

The Cambridges have three things going for them, and it is not enough.

1. An attractive mother

2. A father who hasn't done anything outrageous yet. (Though there are rumors out there)

3. Healthy, attractive children

These three things do not equal good character, upright behavior, kindness, altruism or anything like that. They may take a charming picture now, but that guarantees nothing about their future behavior. 

The Royals are warring, scandalous, outrageous and gross for a reason. They were raised to believe they are above others. They are allowed to break the rules (no taxes, for example). They are wealthy on the backs of others. They are given special privileges, influence and wealth without having earned it. 

That's why I think history may well repeat itself for the next generation of Cambridges, though I hope I'm wrong. 

It's not good for any child to live in a bubble where you can order grown men around. Where you live in luxury your parents have not earned. Where people fall all over themselves to talk to you, laugh at your jokes, overlook your faults, brush aside your missteps. Where you are overwhelmed with gifts just for showing up. It's bad enough when parents spoil a child. When a whole country does it, it creates Andrews, Margarets, Annes Charles and Phillips.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1
  • Move Along 2

3 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Meghan didn't need her prince, but Kate definitely needed hers--otherwise she'd have accomplished nothing at all in her life.

Who are we to put value on someone’s life accomplishments? Success to one person is different to the person beside them. What a gross statement. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, Chiari said:

I just wanted to say something about the multimillionaire thing. 

I'm not trying to diminish Meghan's job, she surely was wealthier than average before meeting Harry but I highly doubt she was super wealthy. 

Of course she had expenses, that's not news. She had to pay taxes, too, since she wasn't a royal yet.

How she spent her money, I do not know. I doubt she blew it all, and I doubt she saved it all. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

When she got engaged, her net worth was estimated at $7 million (I said $5.5 to be conservative). This was not all from Suits. She had made movies, she got endorsements and sponsorships. . . she seemed to be pretty savvy, moneywise. That's a good thing, right? 

Yes, of course, she could have blown every penny. Even if that happened, though, she still has residuals.

My point is, she earned $5-7 million before she was 40. That is quite impressive. It's more than most people have done. 

• Move Along 1

23 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

My point is, she earned $5-7 million before she was 40. That is quite impressive. It's more than most people have done. 

Nobody is arguing that it isn’t impressive, though. I think everybody here acknowledges that Meghan was a D list actress who worked her butt off before she married Harry. You’re making a point that nobody is arguing. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, viii said:

Nobody is arguing that it isn’t impressive, though. I think everybody here acknowledges that Meghan was a D list actress who worked her butt off before she married Harry. You’re making a point that nobody is arguing. 

I think you want to minimize her. And you are! Calling her a D list actress is a good way to shoot her down. Good job.

Though honestly, if D list actresses make that kinda money, it's not much of a put down! Sign me up for the D-list!

Though according to Wikipedia, you actually may be wrong. 

The D-list is for a person whose celebrity is so obscure that they are generally only known for appearances as celebrities on panel game shows and reality television.

She's probably C-list. 

In the year 2000, Entertainment Weekly interpreted a C-list celebrity as "that guy (or sometimes that girl), the easy-to-remember but hard-to-name character actor".[5]

Though really, who cares? She still made bank. More bank than Kate ever did. 

LOL.

2 hours ago, viii said:

Who are we to put value on someone’s life accomplishments? Success to one person is different to the person beside them. What a gross statement. 

Thanks!

I value other people's accomplishments--my doctor's, my dentist's, etc. They bring value to the community.

Kate brought no value to her community. She contributed nothing, or next to nothing.  She went to college to get her MRS, just as Lori Alexander recommends (though in this case, she was getting an HRH, lol).

Kate has lived a life Lori Alexander would approve of.

• Move Along 1
  • Downvote 5

Charlotte attended the Commonwealth games without tights! What happens if she falls or climbs or something, and her dress rises? Wasn't that the big concern? I thought tights were so vital to protect her modesty.

She's also wearing leather sandals and a short, rather shapeless dress, well above the knee. I thought a short dress was  too immodest. That's why Kate started sobbing at Meghan's wedding. Charlotte needed a longer hem! 

Kate just wanted what she wanted, even on someone else's wedding day.

• Move Along 4
  • Downvote 2

I still think the argument was about something else...

but assuming it was about modesty we notice that Charlotte was three at the time of the wedding and is now more than twice that age so probably less accident prone now, and likely there are fewer people who'd see it anyway. I for one had no idea there were Commonwealth games going on until reading it in this thread.

Anyhow, since Meghan is such a cool and chill person then surely she'd have wanted to have the tiny little children that she and Harry drafted to perform circus tricks in front of an audience of millions of viewers around the world for their wedding  feel as comfortable as possible, and if tights would help why would she have an objection?

• Upvote 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic