IGNORED

William & Kate

viii

On 7/3/2022 at 3:00 PM, Sarcastically spinster said:

Deducting £2500 for room and board is equivalent to charging barely over £200 (so about $250) a month for room and board. 

I agree that it's a good idea to take the room and board deal. There's no way anyone could afford to live in Central London on that salary. The room/board rate is fair enough. The salary is absolutely impossible though.

The quality of the staff rooms,  however, was absolutely abysmal, according to servants' reports. At least in the 80's. Perhaps it's improved by then.

8 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I agree that it's a good idea to take the room and board deal. There's no way anyone could afford to live in Central London on that salary. The room/board rate is fair enough. The salary is absolutely impossible though.

The quality of the staff rooms,  however, was absolutely abysmal, according to servants' reports. At least in the 80's. Perhaps it's improved by then.

I just love how you ignore everything in my comment that isn't convenient for your narrative, agree with a misrepresented version of the point I was making, and still find a way to bash the royals with it.  Honestly, I have to admire the effort.  Mental gymnastics that if you could mimic them physically would rival Simone Biles in top form.  I'm actually impressed.  I have to believe that you've deliberately cultivated these skills, because you're displaying an ability far beyond what I think anyone could show just as a natural talent.  

Kudos to you.  If only your math, currency conversion, critical thinking, and debate skills were as solid.  

Alright.  I'm done giving you attention.

Spoiler

200.gif

(Do y'all think the troll can find a way to make the Dursleys out to be the good guys?)

Edited by Coconut Flan
Animated gif spoiler.
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2

image.png.8fc403971c268e31807d05a0e925c414.png

I love this one.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9
  • Love 3

12 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

No way. You mean that things can CHANGE over the course of 40 years?!

Edited by adidas
Fix bolding
  • Haha 15

8 hours ago, adidas said:

No way. You mean that things can CHANGE over the course of 40 years?!

LOL, I know!  

Hard to believe the 80's was so long ago!

Edited by Jackie3
  • I Agree 1

On 7/7/2022 at 10:56 AM, viii said:

I can’t believe the 80’s were 40 years ago 😭

Looks at birth certificate - looks at calendar - tries complicated math - shudders. Well fuck, I’m THAT old!?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 2

On 7/6/2022 at 5:56 PM, viii said:

I can’t believe the 80’s were 40 years ago 😭

Enters chat. Realized I am like old now. Leaves chat😂

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Sweetpickle said:

Enters chat. Realized I am like old now. Leaves chat😂

Realizing i am not just old, but SO old.  
i was middle-aged in the ‘80s!  👵

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 3

The Earthshot Prize is coming to Boston. A Sussex/Cambridge reunion is not to be expected, obviously.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

The Earthshot Prize is coming to Boston. A Sussex/Cambridge reunion is not to be expected, obviously.

I assume Wills and Kate are flying commercial. It would be pretty hypocritical to take a private jet to award an environmental prize. 

OTOH, they took a private plane to go 70 miles last fall. Do as I say, not as I do. 

Charles used to fly commercial occasionally, so it can be done. But I guess they can't be bothered.

• Move Along 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2

However, the royals between them took more than 94 private jets and 191 helicopter journeys in the year 2019 to 2020 using public money, according to the Sovereign Grant Report.

These are fine environmentalists. And they are convincing me, too. I'll stop flying and even driving, won't even take elderly relatives to the doctor (they can walk!). 

But the royals can continue to fly on private planes containing a handful of people. Just to avoid traffic when traveling from one huge house to another. That seems fair.

• Move Along 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I assume Wills and Kate are flying commercial. It would be pretty hypocritical to take a private jet to award an environmental prize. 

OTOH, they took a private plane to go 70 miles last fall. Do as I say, not as I do. 

Charles used to fly commercial occasionally, so it can be done. But I guess they can't be bothered.

I can‘t foresee the future, so we will have to wait until december to satisfy your curiosity. In the meantime two things:

1. You don‘t seem to have understood Earthshot. It‘s not about telling you to stop living your life for the environment. It‘s a prize awarded to innovative environmental projects. Actually, I don‘t remember William & Kate ever telling us what to do or not to do.

2. They have travelled on commercial flights before. It‘s pretty simple actually (although there may be exceptions): When they go on a tour with an entourage, they fly private but fill the plane with their staff and the accompanying press. If you have enough people to fill an entire plane, it doesn‘t make a difference whether it is that of a big airline or you hire one privately. For shorter trips with just a few people (e.g. them, their kids & nanny or just one of them on a working visit) they have flown commercial. They also travelled by public train to Scotland last year. So, it will probably depend on whether they plan to just make a short visit for the awards ceremony or whether this will be part of a bigger tour.

Oh wait, you weren‘t actually asking! Just trying to make yourself feel better about your darling Sussexes (who do fly as well, if I remember correctly) by being hateful towards those you deem their enemies. I‘m sorry, my mistake again.

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1

OTOH her beloved Sussex’s do in fact bloviate to the public about Eco friendliness and climate change and  and yet regularly take private jets regularly whether going to events or going on vacation. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

OTOH her beloved Sussex’s do in fact bloviate to the public about Eco friendliness and climate change and  and yet regularly take private jets regularly whether going to events or going on vacation. 

The British public isn't paying for it, though.  Wills and Kate travel on the public dime.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

1. You don‘t seem to have understood Earthshot. It‘s not about telling you to stop living your life for the environment. It‘s a prize awarded to innovative environmental projects. Actually, I don‘t remember William & Kate ever telling us what to do or not to do.

You feel Earthshot is OK with constant travel in private planes, which is the most unsustainable form of travel? I think you have misunderstood Earthshot entirely. Here is a quote from their website.

We choose to end outdated transport that emits toxic fumes, remove pollution from the air using both technology and nature, and eliminate the burning of fossil fuels, choosing 100% renewable energy for everyone – from big cities to rural villages.

We will award The Earthshot Prize to the most outstanding efforts to meet this challenge. To the innovators who create job opportunities in green transport and clean energy; to the businesses who remove more pollution from the air than they put into it; and to the communities who let us heat our homes, travel to work and feed our families without polluting the air that we breathe.

2 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

They also travelled by public train to Scotland last year. 

LOL. Charles was traveling by private jet to the COP26, a huge environmental conference. He faced enormous criticism for this. So Kate and Wills decided to go by train/car. They fly by private jet/helicopter all the time, even between their homes, so this little gesture is not impressive. I'm glad it impressed you, though, that's why they did it!

And Charles! His hypocrisy cracks me up. He's another  tone-deaf environmentalist flying by private plane to an environmental conference, to plot how everyone else needs to change.

cop.png

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 1
  • Downvote 1

@Jackie3

My understanding is that Charles‘s private jet runs on an alternative kind of fuel which is indeed considered more friendly to the environment. I‘m not sure though and I wasn‘t talking about Charles. Concerning the rail travel of the Cambridges, you would have condemned them either way. They fly - polluters! The go by train - people pleasers! You have made up your mind a while ago, so there is really no room for discussion. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

The British public isn't paying for it, though.  Wills and Kate travel on the public dime.

True. Harry & Meghan get money for complaining in high profile interviews about how the were cut off from that taxpayer‘s money when they quit.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Oh There are plenty of instances where they both used privates jets  before they broke ranks I could list But stop with deliberately twisting the subjecting. Whether  the public or the Oompah Loompahs are paying HM dare to preach to the public about the environment and climate change with Harry saying people deserve to suffer and then flying private almost exclusively makes them arrogantly blatantly hypocritical.  Fuck them and their idiot ass kissers. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, viii said:

Let’s be honest - BOTH H&M and W&K are hypocritical. 

Absolutely. However, H&M aren't hypocritical on the public dime.

• Move Along 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Absolutely. However, H&M aren't hypocritical on the public dime.

Anymore. They sure used to be and if given the chance, I’m sure they still would. They’re grade A grifters. 

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

@Jackie3

My understanding is that Charles‘s private jet runs on an alternative kind of fuel which is indeed considered more friendly to the environment. I‘m not sure though and I wasn‘t talking about Charles. Concerning the rail travel of the Cambridges, you would have condemned them either way. They fly - polluters! The go by train - people pleasers! You have made up your mind a while ago, so there is really no room for discussion. 

The royal family fly in lots of different planes and helicopters, all the time, often just to avoid London traffic. Recently, a plane few up from Oxford to "pick him up" because Charles didn't want to make the two-hour car journey. All these planes use regular fuel, horribly damaging to the environment. 

ONE plane, owned by the RAF, recently started using a slightly greener fuel. It is unclear whether this type of fuel is a big improvement or not. The jury is still out. The Cambridges took a trip on this plane last fall. 

Charles is in his 70's and has flown private multiple times a month for decades. His carbon footprint is said to be far higher (one estimate said 96 times higher) than the average person.

• Move Along 4

4 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

The royal family fly in lots of different planes and helicopters, all the time

REALLY??!?!?!?  Oh my heavens, I never would have known this if it weren’t for you!  Lucky for us that you’re here to give us this brilliant piece of valuable information!  Royals in planes and helicopters!  Different ones!  I don’t know how we’d get by without you!  You’re my hero, Jackie3; I think I love you!  I bet you have half a dozen—no, a full dozen!— Ph.Ds, because you are so incredibly smart, you fabulous genius!  You are the most amazing person on the entire planet for sharing this!  I bow down before your amazingness!   Imagine that, royals flying in lots of different planes and helicopters, ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!  Wow!  We will be forever indebted to you for telling us this!  Royals in planes and helicopters!  Flying around!  All the time!  Different ones!  Lots of them!  The family!  You amazing genius!  Thank you for telling us this!

• Haha 8

21 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Oh There are plenty of instances where they both used privates jets  before they broke ranks I could list 

There are plenty indeed! One difference, though:

Harry and Meghan used jets that friends and businesspeople voluntarily lent to them.

Wills and Kate used jets paid for by the British public, who had no choice in the matter. They take the working public's money--money earned by hardworking people with families--and use it to pollute the environment under the guise of "work."

• Move Along 1
  • Downvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic