IGNORED

Joy & Austin 32: Living the Fundie Dream with Rifles, RVs & Babies

nelliebelle1197

OMG, I have 20 minutes left of my work day and was doing just fine, until I read the last few posts on this thread.  Now, my stomach is growling and I realize that I'm starving!  At this point, I'd even take a Dominos pizza!  I have healthy soup waiting for me at home, but now I don't want it.  I want pizza, and I want it now, which can only mean Little Ceasars.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

OMG, I have 20 minutes left of my work day and was doing just fine, until I read the last few posts on this thread.  Now, my stomach is growling and I realize that I'm starving!  At this point, I'd even take a Dominos pizza!  I have healthy soup waiting for me at home, but now I don't want it.  I want pizza, and I want it now, which can only mean Little Ceasars.

Get the extra sauce and I'll throw my clean eating out the window and join you.  I know it's terrible but I'm also starving and can treat LC pizza like dippable breadsticks in a pinch.

• Haha 4

Boston Pizza is my chain pizza favourite. Wood-fired is better, in my opinion, but there is a time and place for BP as well. Having never tried Sbarro or Papa John’s (not available in my city),I have no opinion on those. I also have made cheater pizza at home and used naan as my crust. 

• Upvote 6

You know what this pizza discussion makes me think of? The Duggars’ poor man pizza. Old bread with ketchup and cheese. ?Albeit better than the BBQ tuna sandwich ??

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 2
  • Disgust 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I love Sbarro so much!  Here is only available in malls or highway rest stops, but it's my favorite.  

We had a Sbarro in the basement of the student center when I was in college. There was a Subway upstairs but that seemed too healthy most of the time to my college brain. Until I developed a dairy allergy and couldn't eat Sbarro anymore, then I settled for Subway. The basement is now a Taco Bell/Pizza Hut; I don't think I've seen a Sbarro since I graduated. 

• Upvote 5

I don’t know if I’ve gotten pickier in my adulthood but as a kid I loved the pizza chains. Pizza Hut was my favorite and was a popular hang-out after school dances. Now Pizza Hut kills my gut. Like pure acid. I loved Little Caesars too and if I remember right Dominos was one of my birthday requests as a teen. Now, I am alllll about a thin, foldable, greasy-dripping NY style pizza. Yummmm. 

• Upvote 7

Oh boy, Joy’s latest IG slinging the fake eye lashes, how ridiculous. I think if I was going to be an influencer, I’d only push products that I actually used. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

This! I often say pizza is it’s only category. Sometimes I want fancy brick oven pizza, sometimes I want pizza from the local place with the thick cheese and other times I want greasy chains pizza. Pizza Pizza used to be my post-drinking food. 

This or a whopper with cheese, no fries and a large diet coke!  I eat BK about once or twice a year and it's always after a night of drinking. 

I actually haven't had Pizza Pizza in a couple years, I only eat it rarely and now its usually Pizza Nova.

Edited by Smoochie
spelling
  • Upvote 2

Jet's Pizza is my favorite of the chain pizzas. Detroit style is my favorite (though I do prefer my sauce on the bottom). That crust... It's just perfection.

I've wanted to try St. Louis style. I have a recipe for it somewhere.

I am SO HUNGRY now. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Oh boy, Joy’s latest IG slinging the fake eye lashes, how ridiculous. I think if I was going to be an influencer, I’d only push products that I actually used. 

That’s how most of us operate. Your audience is more likely to buy when they know that you really use it AND when you are super picky you get better engagement which leads to bigger payouts. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

16 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Yeah, well Joy hasn't exactly struck me as a real in-depth thinker.  She might not have been in the group of kids that got intensive blanket training, and she was even more poorly educated than her older siblings.  

But when she was questioning her faith as a young teen, I think something happened.  I suspect that she was treated like crap until one of her brothers was kind and talked her back into the fold.  

After that I think she happily bought into the idea that being a Duggar meant she was better than almost everyone else, her family has fans, and it's part of the family mission to try to lead those fans into true Christianity.  She probably doesn't even question how so much of what her family does is geared towards making money from like-minded people and fans.

Some of her sisters are trying to make money online, so she's going to do it too.  As far as she's concerned, all she needs to do is tell people to buy something and they'll buy it and then she makes money.

• Upvote 15

Its surprising to hear that so many people say Papa John's is worse than Dominos. Where I live it's the complete opposite. It may just depend on how much the workers at individual locations care. Don't even get me started on Little Caesars. Last time we got Little Caesars I made it through one and a half slices before I threw it away. It was so bad I'm surprised the garbage didn't throw it back out. 

To start a discussion about another food that brings out strong feelings: When I got married I moved from Georgia to South Carolina and I just want to say: FUCK THAT MUSTARD BBQ SAUCE!!!!!! 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

Is Dominos even pizza? I only remember having it once and it was terrible! I had two bites and was done. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

Its surprising to hear that so many people say Papa John's is worse than Dominos. Where I live it's the complete opposite. It may just depend on how much the workers at individual locations care. Don't even get me started on Little Caesars. Last time we got Little Caesars I made it through one and a half slices before I threw it away. It was so bad I'm surprised the garbage didn't throw it back out. 

To start a discussion about another food that brings out strong feelings: When I got married I moved from Georgia to South Carolina and I just want to say: FUCK THAT MUSTARD BBQ SAUCE!!!!!! 

Little Caesars out by my workplace is not bad for cheap pizza. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

Little Caesars out by my workplace is not bad for cheap pizza. 

It's not the worst I've had, but I can't think of it as pizza.  I think of it as a giant triangle shaped breadstick for dunking in marinara (I always pull the cheese off pizza, or I'd have said cheese covered breadstick.)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

South Carolinian here and those are fighting words! I will defend my mustard BBQ sauce to the death because it is the best thing to put on BBQ! :violence-swords:

I can’t stand vinegar based sauces and have a secret love for a good Alabama white sauce if I can find it, but there’s only one BBQ place near me that has it and it’s still a good half hour drive away. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

A few years back, I worked at Domino's. Let me tell you, it was an eye-opening, drama filled job. 

The quality you will get varies wildly between locations because some are ruled by crazy, bossy, power-hungry lunatics who treat their staff like machines. And others are "managed" by lazy, mild-mannered people who are terrified of confrontation. The two stores I was working from were in the same franchise group but the management style and stats were not at all similar. 

I ordered from a local one a few times since I moved to a new area and it's pretty good. Sadly I have all the timings memorised still, but this location hits them perfectly every time ?

Also the large pizza for 7.99? In the UK that same pizza is minimum £17.99 unless you find a deal. 

Okay, that's enough of my pizza talk. Although I have plenty of stories! 

• Upvote 8

Did Domino's in the states go through a big overhaul about 5-8 years ago? The chain did not exist here in Australia when I was growing up, it's probably only been here for about 15 years. Several years ago they had to make a big fuss and go on a huge advertising campaign about how they had listened to their customers about how crap they were and had changed all their recipes. I've only had Domino's a couple of times (before and after) and it's always been a bit meh to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I’m a pizza fiend. Domino’s, Eagle Boys, Pizza Hut ... give it all to me. 

I don’t eat it often, the last time I had take away pizza was probably two or three years ago. When one of my kids worked at Domino’s as a teenager we had it more often. 

There is a huge difference between pizza in Australia, Italy and the US. Nothing will ever beat Italian pizza but I’m happy with wherever it falls on the spectrum. 

Edited by adidas
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Ok, now I really want to get pizza.

Hopefully I can go to Italy again this summer to get the real deal. My highlight of the year is the first night of our summer holiday in Italy where we always go find the best pizza-place in the town we’re staying in.

Nothing tastes as good as Italian pizza to kick off your holiday after a 12h drive.

• Upvote 5

On 5/20/2021 at 3:45 PM, Mrs. Kravitz said:

Jet's Pizza is my favorite of the chain pizzas. Detroit style is my favorite (though I do prefer my sauce on the bottom). That crust... It's just perfection.

I've wanted to try St. Louis style. I have a recipe for it somewhere.

I am SO HUNGRY now. 

Jets Pizza is our favorite too!! We live in an area with a lot of Detroit transplants, and so Jets started popping up here a few years back. There is one around the corner, and it’s our go-to for delivery even though it’s a bit more expensive than other chains. Their gluten free crust is really good too! My sister who has to be GF said it’s the best GF crust she’s ever had. 

For inexpensive pizza, I really love Costco. It’s $10 for a massive pizza. Perfect for a kids bday party or block party. 

• Upvote 5

I’m from New Jersey so I feel privileged to not understand chain pizza ?

I knew about the big ones, but you’ve mentioned chain pizza places I’ve never heard of! 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

43 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I’m from New Jersey so I feel privileged to not understand chain pizza ?

I knew about the big ones, but you’ve mentioned chain pizza places I’ve never heard of! 

The joys of Jersey & all the pizza places. Last night I had Pizza from a local place & it was delicious!  

• Upvote 3

The nearest chain pizza place to me is over 30 miles away. I'd never drive that far for any pizza. So I'll order pizza once in a while from a convenience store that sells pizza I like. CASEY'S pizza is pretty darn good. Its less 5 minutes from home and I can call in my order and pick up in 15 minutes. I cant get into debates about Chicago style, NY style. Dominos, Papa John's. Little Ceasars, or Pizza Hut. One of the many joys of small rural towns! 

• Upvote 5

I think I'm easy to please when it comes to pizza.  

I want a crust I like, not too thin and crusty, but not too bready.  

I want a sauce I like, basic tomato for most stuff, a garlic sauce for chicken, or barbeque (not too spicy or sweet, not too vinegar-y) with chicken or pulled pork.  Taco pizza should be served on a semi-thin crust that is able to handle refried beans as a topping (slightly beat with a little water to aid in spreading it out).  One time I tasted a slice of a sweet and sour sauce pizza someone made for the kids at a multi family event.  It was loaded with chopped veggies and covered with mozzeralla and some kind of other cheese.  I liked it.  

I like the meat and veggies to be cut small and evenly spread out, not too much or too little.  I don't like pepperoni, but will accept some seasoned sausage and the like.  I like Hawaiian pizza, known to many as Canadian bacon and pinapple.  But if making it at home, I'd get a slab of Canadian bacon from the deli and grate it over the pizza, and the pineapple would be diced into small portion sos I could distribute them evenly over the pizza.

So, yeah, I'm easy to please when it comes to pizza.  

• Haha 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic